• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I am so ridiculously excited. I had a ton of fun with the alpha and beta. The gunsmith system is one of my favorite things in Call of Duty in recent memory. The amount of customization you have makes you really feel connected to your weapon in ways that I have never felt before.

Is there any good deal for pc? https://www.cdkeys.com/ doesn't even have it at all, which is the usual go to site.
GMG has a slight discount, best one I know of. It's like $5 off.

May 10, 2019
I'm hoping the campaign is as intense as they are marketing it as but always good to see Price.

SpecificPoshIndianelephant-max-1mb.gif

Rebetherick

Oct 26, 2017
Pre loaded and ready! Debating whether to play at midnight (UK) on Thursday and suffer at work on Friday.

Looking forward to playing more cyber attack and the campaign.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't a fan of the maps, the TTK and the balancing in the beta. It felt like they had a lot of ideas that sounded good on paper (big maps, dark maps, realistic feeling maps, etc.) but it just doesn't really work with the low TTK or the general balance of Call Of Duty, losing a lot of the finetuning Treyarch did especially from Black Ops 2 onwards (Ghost not triggering when camping, higher TTK, pointstreaks, Pick 10, etc.). Having said that I am intrigued about how the post-launch support will go, and even the more generic CODs are multiplayer experiences I've put a few dozen hours into, so I doubt it'll be bad enough to avoid me putting some hours into it.

Very intrigued about the campaign which looks spectacular and a good return to form. Not that IW was in a bad place, mind, considering Infinite Warfare had one of the finest campaigns the franchise ever had. The revamped Spec Ops sounds ambitious but we'll see if it's fun. Modern Warfare is definitely the biggest evolution in the franchise in a long time, and that alone makes it worth checking out for me considering I played practically every mainline Call Of Duty ever made. And if all goes to shit and the game is pretty bad... well, there's already a good COD that came out this Fall: Call Of Duty Mobile.

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
I've been feeling some MW nostalgia lately and i'm quite tempted to pick this up.

Is Special Ops like the Spec Ops in MW2? Those missions with the Juggernauts were amazing.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT. Will be jumping straight into GW probably.

and Unless the servers take a dump I probably won't get time to play the campaign until Christmas

Pre loaded and ready! Debating whether to play at midnight (UK) on Thursday and suffer at work on Friday.

Looking forward to playing more cyber attack and the campaign.
I booked the Friday and Monday off to play like a demon lol

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have an idea of what to expect ps4pro performance wise for MP?

I'm assuming locked or near locked 60.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My question is this game supports HDR? And if it does how does that apply to pre rendered CGI cutscenes? Since most people dont have hdr tvs. I am just wondering how those cutscenes are done . Since AFAIK you need to HDR grading from the ground up?

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
can someone confirm that Spec Ops is no longer "survive as long as you can" and is now more structured coop missions? Is it also true the "Survival" mode that DOES play in that style, is Playstation exclusive for a fucking year?

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
I'm probably going to wait for a Christmas sale at around $40 just to play the campaign...that is if the campaign gets good reviews.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
can someone confirm that Spec Ops is no longer "survive as long as you can" and is now more structured coop missions? Is it also true the "Survival" mode that DOES play in that style, is Playstation exclusive for a fucking year?

Spec Ops has 4 major Co-op "Operations" that can be played and then "missions" that are bite sized and like the ones in MW2.

Then the Spec Ops Survival Mode, which just re-purposes MP maps (unlike the other Spec Ops stuff which seems to have it's own locales), is PS4 exclusive for a year.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
The original Spec Ops mode from MW2 is structured co-op missions, the survival mode was added in MW3 alongside the normal missions. Spec Ops has always been "structured co-op missions"
Is it also true the "Survival" mode that DOES play in that style, is Playstation exclusive for a fucking year?
Yes.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a great way for me to get a digital code on xbox for a friend where he can preload before release? I know you cant gift until release and the only digital code i saw (amazon) says that theyll send it on release

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My question is this game supports HDR? And if it does how does that apply to pre rendered CGI cutscenes? Since most people dont have hdr tvs. I am just wondering how those cutscenes are done . Since AFAIK you need to HDR grading from the ground up?

it wouldn't make a difference would it? 😕

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
ugh, thanks. That's SO disappointing - I'm infinitely more interested in the survival version.
For what it's worth, Survival is heavily cut down compared to how it was in MW3. Iirc, the mode in this game only has three or four maps you can play on, rather than letting you play on all the maps.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Great OT, friendly reminder for us mobile only users. That text size for the descriptions is so tiny it's unreadable.
Alright, fixed!

Awesome OT vestan! Voted for Spec-Ops as my first mode, eagerly wanting to see how it all plays out and the like. Friday morning is all about Ground War though. Outer Worlds and this on Thursday is gonna make that a great evening though, even if I intend to devote a wee bit more time to CoD. Incredibly excited, it's almost time!
Great OT, thank you. \o/ 2days remaining.
Awesome OT as usual, vestan.

Going Spec Ops first with Corthier then Ground War over the weekend with him and other friends. Excited for cross play as this means I can finally play with my dad since he plays on Xbox.
Great OT

Wish we had embargo knowledge or at least campaign impressions
The Gunsmith system is just too good to pass up.

Preordered today

Also, really stellar OT OP!!
OT solid as fuck. Still a bit annoyed that this hits the exact same day as The Outer Worlds, but I'm excited to jump in this weekend. Gonna stick to just MP, anyway, so juggling this, TOW and CS3, all vastly different games, shouldn't be that hard.

Gonna be my first non-mouse/keyboard CoD in like 5 years, should be interesting to see if this'll last me longer than pure PC CoDs have since it oughta be a much more relaxing MP experience. God bless crossplay.
Great job with the OT.

Can't wait to play this on Friday. Loved the alpha and beta. Gonna put a good week in to MP before touching the campaign and Spec Ops.
That's an extremely good OT vestan - well done! I'm pretty hyped for Friday. I'll be jumping in at midnight for sure!
Good OT.

Interested what changes they made from the MP beta to the final game.
Great OT. Will be jumping straight into GW probably.

and Unless the servers take a dump I probably won't get time to play the campaign until Christmas

I booked the Friday and Monday off to play like a demon lol
Thanks everyone!

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
If you aren't 100% sure about the game Gamestop in the USA is offering a guarantee to love program, where a code will print on the receipt that will let you trade the game in for $59.99 within the first 48 hours (basically till sunday evening). You can only get trade credit (to buy something else, but you can use it on a PSN/xbox/steam/etc code) not a refund if its already open. PS4/xbox one as well only obviously, you can't "return" a redeemed steam key.

Even better if you are a pro member you get a $10 coupon in your account a few days later, good towards anything, if you pre order COD.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Have they said what the total install/Day 1 download size will be on PS4?
I'm expecting huge digits like WW2.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
If you aren't 100% sure about the game Gamestop in the USA is offering a guarantee to love program, where a code will print on the receipt that will let you trade the game in for $59.99 within the first 48 hours (basically till sunday evening). You can only get trade credit (to buy something else, but you can use it on a PSN/xbox/steam/etc code) not a refund if its already open. PS4/xbox one as well only obviously, you can't "return" a redeemed steam key.

Even better if you are a pro member you get a $10 coupon in your account a few days later, good towards anything, if you pre order COD.

If you're only interested in the single-player, this is a great thing to do. You can complete any CoD single-player in two days.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Wasn't a fan of the maps, the TTK and the balancing in the beta. It felt like they had a lot of ideas that sounded good on paper (big maps, dark maps, realistic feeling maps, etc.) but it just doesn't really work with the low TTK or the general balance of Call Of Duty, losing a lot of the finetuning Treyarch did especially from Black Ops 2 onwards (Ghost not triggering when camping, higher TTK, pointstreaks, Pick 10, etc.). Having said that I am intrigued about how the post-launch support will go, and even the more generic CODs are multiplayer experiences I've put a few dozen hours into, so I doubt it'll be bad enough to avoid me putting some hours into it.

Very intrigued about the campaign which looks spectacular and a good return to form. Not that IW was in a bad place, mind, considering Infinite Warfare had one of the finest campaigns the franchise ever had. The revamped Spec Ops sounds ambitious but we'll see if it's fun. Modern Warfare is definitely the biggest evolution in the franchise in a long time, and that alone makes it worth checking out for me considering I played practically every mainline Call Of Duty ever made. And if all goes to shit and the game is pretty bad... well, there's already a good COD that came out this Fall: Call Of Duty Mobile.

I am sure there will be some adjustment to that stuff post launch, or it might have already happened after the betas.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
not gonna lie that beta kinda deflated my hype a bit. that alpha was hot cause of the new game mode and that new gun feel. but i really wasn't feeling the other modes in the beta besides realism mode, which was dope as hell. hoping the campaign is fire cause tbh i'm kinda regretting my preorder.

oh and i've been playing apex for the past month and hadn't realized my ps plus sub has lapsed. so now i gotta resub and spend 60 bones so i can hop on the mp here. yay ;___;

also superb OT vestan god damn man good shit.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
I am going to Jump in to Multiplayer the first day and a half. The moment I am losing focus I am going to shift to the campaign for a more relaxing expierence.
I will be reading Campaign impressions in the meantime of course. I am curious if the campain is really that shocking.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome OP glad this one is early as the BLOPS 4 one was actually late cause the guy that said he was doing it no showed on the topic.

malcolmx

Banned
May 20, 2018
It's troubling that no one cares about the obvious Islamophobia going on. In a fictional world they still chose to create a world where Muslims are the terrorist & the Muslim girl goes against her terrorist country.

This site does a great job calling out problematic things but seems even the forum ignored this. Just this year multiple masjids saw mass shootings.

edit: great OT nonetheless!!

Fedele

Oct 28, 2017
Great OT! Any previews/reviews for players who only played the original Modern Warfare on the 360/PS3, left all other releases aside because of the futuristic crap and would like to come back now? Would like to decide whether it's worth my money on release.

Backers

Apr 10, 2018
Bordeaux, France
Having to download whatever the game size is with my 3mb/s will be a great pain in the ass...
Knowing that the game full size is 175gb, I'm really really afraid...

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am sure there will be some adjustment to that stuff post launch, or it might have already happened after the betas.

Probably, but I doubt the TTK will change drastically, and most importantly the maps just don't seem too fitting. Said this more than once on Era but for all the shit Treyarch's repetitive 3-lane maps get, aside from pre-BO2 remakes like Nuketown or Firing Range they're all very well balanced maps where flanking and hiding is always possible, but camping is never favoured. There's so many "wrong" spots in the few maps we've seen in the MW beta: dark corners for a camper to sit in (like behind doors), multiple walls you can jump behind and peak but that you can't vault, open areas being snipeable from like 20 different locations rendering attention at strategic location literally impossible. Best they can do is have DLC maps be better than the launch ones, but it's gonna take many months even then to have enough maps in the rotation to cycle out the bad ones.

Rebetherick

Oct 26, 2017