• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

TicketToTokyo

Oct 31, 2017
Still having the most fun I've had with CoD in years with this game. Wish more people were enjoying it as much as I am.

Haven't had this much fun with Call of Duty since Modern Warfare 2. I almost only play Headquarters, Hardpoint and Domination though. Gunfight is a nice break from those. My go to set up is a FAMAS/ Model 680. Overkill/ Ghost/ Amped with Semtex and a Smoke Grenade. Consistently in the top three on my team.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
Still having the most fun I've had with CoD in years with this game. Wish more people were enjoying it as much as I am.
I'm still having a blast even though I'm playing solo (used to having at least a small squad to play with). So usually my only frustration is with my teammates, lol. But so far the game has been a lot of fun for me. I play Domination 99% of the time so if anyone wants to play that ever I'd be happy to squad up. I play evenings American central time.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't seem too bad tbh. I've done a lot worse grinds.
Ya this one isn't too bad, it doesn't have any steps like the one that has "hack 20 pieces of enemy equipment".
  1. Point blank kills took a little bit for me but Shoot House really helped with that.
  2. 5 wins in objective mode took a few too many games as Search and Destroy with randoms was a nightmare. People leave if you lose the first round or two always.
  3. Get 40 kills with your secondary, again Shoot House helped with this but overkill perk doesn't work, has to be a launcher or pistol.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
At this stage, it's clear IW has no intention of fixing footsteps or making the game less camp friendly. I've seen YouTubers state that they have a hunch player counts are drying up since they keep seeing the same people over and over again in matches, and I wouldn't be surprised.
Tbf, that could just be a side effect of skill based matchmaking.

But yeah, the gameplay is getting real stale with the current meta. I'm maining the riot shield rn in quick play just to have some fun.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
They could widen matchmaking a little but I still think it is not even close to the real issue with the game, which is map design. I do not think widening match making some makes a huge difference. I think the change would just feed the egos of people who think they deserve to be in the 1-2 or higher KDR range.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Ya this one isn't too bad, it doesn't have any steps like the one that has "hack 20 pieces of enemy equipment".
  1. Point blank kills took a little bit for me but Shoot House really helped with that.
  2. 5 wins in objective mode took a few too many games as Search and Destroy with randoms was a nightmare. People leave if you lose the first round or two always.
  3. Get 40 kills with your secondary, again Shoot House helped with this but overkill perk doesn't work, has to be a launcher or pistol.

The objective thing has to be a bug and yeah I can see point-blank taking some effort because it's a bit situational. I got Dark Matter in Black Ops 4 so I've given up my CoD grinding days. Just playing to relax unless something really catches my eye.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
The objective thing has to be a bug and yeah I can see point-blank taking some effort because it's a bit situational. I got Dark Matter in Black Ops 4 so I've given up my CoD grinding days. Just playing to relax unless something really catches my eye.
This was my second one, kinda a nice one to do where a lot of the steps just kinda happen over time as you play (besides the mode specific ones). So it kinda worked out nicely in a not too grindy way. But again, too bad I don't like the gun; yet at least.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
  2. Get 40 kills with your secondary, again Shoot House helped with this but overkill perk doesn't work, has to be a launcher or pistol.

yeah Shoothouse is the place to be with a shotgun. Hardcore/Realism for fast pistol kills.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yes, basically how to start the quest is what I was after really.
That's what I thought but wasn't sure, lol. I can't remember if missions open up after a certain level or if they were available from the start but they are at least early on. Do you know what level you are in multiplayer?

Once they are open, you go to the Barracks tab. On there you will see two sections, one is missions, the other is Daily Missions (or something like that). The daily missions refresh each day and if you don't complete them before they refresh you don't get the rewards. The daily missions you don't have to do anything to activate them, they just track as you do them while playing and you can progress them all at the same time.

The other one, like the one in question, you can only do one at a time and you have to activate the one you want to do. So you can scroll through them all and see what the different steps and rewards are and then when you find one you like you have to activate it. You then work on one step at a time and progress through until you finish the whole quest tree and then you get the reward as a blueprint for a weapon.

Once you unlock the blue print you access it by making a custom loadout and selecting the base gun and then clicking right before selecting the weapon. These blueprints have set attachments so it's nice to start a new gun with attachments instead of one that has nothing and you have to level up from scratch.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
They could widen matchmaking a little but I still think it is not even close to the real issue with the game, which is map design. I do not think widening match making some makes a huge difference. I think the change would just feed the egos of people who think they deserve to be in the 1-2 or higher KDR range.
Outside of the worst maps, which this game has a lot of, and the lack of 6v6 maps (which can hopefully get better with faster DLC releases), I don't think the maps are a problem.

I think the maps can be learned just fine and theres too many people exaggerating the "number of window campers" or "getting shot from every direction"

What the maps need right now are spawn tweaks and an assurance that spawn trapping doesn't happen. The maps are fine to run through if they could just nail the footsteps which would greatly encouraging running around. The SMG buff they've done has also been great.

And most important of all, kilstrekas are forcing camping more than map design. I will not cap an objective if it risks my life and if Im close to the next killstreak

I do agree that we need more standard map design.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Something possessed me on Saturday and I decided to run Hardcore TDM (I hate hardcore) for like 4 hours straight as I leveled up the .357 30 times for Snakeshot rounds.

My god was it worth it. Absolutely insane

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Thermite no longer killing riot shields is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen in my entire life.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Leveling guns up at this point for me just feels like a chore. I kinda wish they made it a little quicker.

I finally got the bipod on my HDR and oh boy....this thing is dialed in quite nicely now.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought leveling would be fun in the game. Instead, it just feels antiquated. Leveling itself feels meaningless in the process of leveling up and yet there are things I want to try out locked behind levels. Like... I want to try the AK47 but I do not even have the base unlocked. I dunno why I thought it might be fun. It is not.

And weapon levels... oh I unlocked 10 more scopes? Oh boy!

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Drift0r and Xclusive Ace ran independent SBMM tests, both got the same results. Results will be shared tomorrow.

SBMM testing & results analysis is now complete. @TheXclusiveAce & I ran independent tests, independent analysis, then shared data and arrived at the same conclusions about SBMM in #ModernWafare . Tomorrow we will be sharing the results in two videos. Prepare to be surprised.

Oct 25, 2017
I do not think 2 people performing some test they devise will be at all revealing, but I guess it will get them attention and clicks lol... and maybe we will learn something.... maaaaaaaybe. Prob not though. Shared data... same conclusions... does not mean the data lined up with each other in any case.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Everything bad except SPG.

f43e9baeeac328682f305dbca5e0a47c.png

Oct 29, 2017
Wow. Tried going back to Black Ops 4. The gunplay feels limp, weightless, and straight out of 2010. The sound design is awful. The character designs/art direction is HORRENDOUS. Deleted after 2 rounds, shame because I remember really liking it when it came out

ch4534532

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
just jumping in. what are the most popular guns in mp right now? more specifically, which of the early unlocks are best? mp5 and m4?

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
SBMM or not , but matchmaking was faster on PS3. Its getting worse now

Edit: pls take out Team Deathmatch . IW u destroyed that mode

Edit 2: already getting same people in my lobby lmao. Lol again

Last edited:

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
96bc7349a4e8a1ce8b8b20e36be93a70.png

Wish I could see my average lifetime in BO4. 27s is pretty hilarious.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
God my stats are *abysmal*. I honestly think this is the first multiplayer game I've EVER had a negative K/D in, and I've been playing this shit since the late 90s, I'm straight up embarrassed to even post it. That said though like 90% of my playtime since week 1 of launch has been me doing extremely stupid shit for Missions, Challenges, leveling guns or other dumb shit so it's kind of hard to accurate it actually is; I had a lot of 4-10 or worse games trying to get 50 sniper kills/40 Shield Turret kills, leveling the SCAR has been an absolute nightmare, etc. I don't really care anymore at this point, but I do wish leveling guns was faster, getting wrecked by tryhards with gold weapons while you're just trying to level up a gun a ways to see if it's actually any good really sucks. I've been trying a bunch of Ground War just to get away from the garbage core maps/sweats and it's even worse, I just don't see anyone for minutes and/or I get sniped constantly from the edge of the map.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
God my stats are *abysmal*. I honestly think this is the first multiplayer game I've EVER had a negative K/D in, and I've been playing this shit since the late 90s, I'm straight up embarrassed to even post it. That said though like 90% of my playtime since week 1 of launch has been me doing extremely stupid shit for Missions, Challenges, leveling guns or other dumb shit so it's kind of hard to accurate it actually is; I had a lot of 4-10 or worse games trying to get 50 sniper kills/40 Shield Turret kills, leveling the SCAR has been an absolute nightmare, etc. I don't really care anymore at this point, but I do wish leveling guns was faster, getting wrecked by tryhards with gold weapons while you're just trying to level up a gun a ways to see if it's actually any good really sucks. I've been trying a bunch of Ground War just to get away from the garbage core maps/sweats and it's even worse, I just don't see anyone for minutes and/or I get sniped constantly from the edge of the map.

I think that's kind of the problem of this game, the way to have a positive K/D is to play the game the most obnoxious way. I've just stopped carrying and just had fun.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
My KDA is 1.4 and headshot % is 15, everything else is on red lol.

Shame the other, more interesting stats don't seem to work. It seems to think that 97% of my time has been spent playing HQ, and that the R9-0 is pretty much the only gun I've ever used.

e: okay, for some reason hitting "update stats" multiple times seemed to start fixing things. Strange.

Last edited:

Doomg0d

Mar 26, 2019
Kinda offended my shotgun revolver doesn't show up in my stats at all. Its definitely top 3 used for me

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
1.17 KDA (in my defense I've been leveling the magnum for a few days), average life 32 secs, 17% headshots, 1878 score per game. Top 300 max captures and plants, though, so at least you know I'm playing the objective!