• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
I believe turning off your NVG disables the laser but it's obviously harder to see and I'm not sure if it's intentional or not but if you put a hybrid scope on a weapon you can ADS perfectly fine even with the goggles on.

Got it, just seemed odd to me that it defaulted to adding a laser.

But I just discovered hardcore modes. I'm definitely preferring this over the normal game modes.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish people in Quickplay would start playing the objective in modes like Domination. It sucks to be the only person pushing for caps.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So I got the Holger... And wow, maybe it gets better later on but holy shit is bad. Really really bad. Not only is the ADS time super long but it feels like it takes forever to start shooting so your dead half the time before you can do anything.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I wish people in Quickplay would start playing the objective in modes like Domination. It sucks to be the only person pushing for caps.
Me last night in Shoothouse 24/7, an objective playlist where only one mode in rotation is TDM:

Me: "Hey, I could really use some help on the hardpoint, it's just me here."
Teammate: "Shut the fuck up, f*****. I'm here to play Shoothouse."
Me: "But you're in a moshpit playlist, it's the objective."
TM: "I don't fucking care, f*****, shut the fuck up."

I almost wish we lost that match, but on the upside he didn't do nearly as well and we had another cool dude (and myself) on the team constantly PTFO'ing, so it worked out.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
.....just ignore it? Jesus.

I have never cared about unlocking skins in games like these. I play for fun. SO many times I see people saying, "Jesus grinding that skin was a fucking nightmare, on to the next!" like it's their job or something

some people operate that way. I have a friend who loves games with a grind and describes it likes it's a job and a good thing. It's weird.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Here's my major gripes with this game:
  1. Bringing back killstreaks was the worst idea a CoD dev has had in a long, long time. Scorestreaks were praised in 2012 as being irrefutably superior to killstreaks, as they encouraged and rewarded teamplay and an objective focus in gameplay. Scorestreaks should be made default while Killstreaks become a perk, and Kill Chain should be removed completely.
  2. Broken spawns that place you often in the middle of gunfire, if not immediately next to enemies. Add onto that a lack of spawn protection against killstreaks, which damn near every CoD I can remember in recent memory had, and you've got a nightmare recipe.
  3. Terrible map design and flow. This can't really be fixed, but it should serve as a warning to Infinity Ward in the future that they can't slack off when it comes to map layouts. More than half of the maps in this game blow chunks. Many are irredeemably bad, especially Cave, Piccadilly, and Bridge.
  4. If someone left a match of domination that was 30-120 because the enemy had a VTOL, chopper gunner, and three UAVs in the air, I don't want to be in it, either. I don't care if it doesn't count as a loss. Nobody wants to be on the receiving end of that.
EDIT: Some positives since I hate being a downer all the time:
  1. Gunfighting is some of the best in the series. Seriously, I went back and played BO4 and MW3, and the shooting in those games feels okay in comparison, where I wouldn't previously regarded them as super satisfying. The animations, sounds, pmf pmf pmf of hitmarkers, and feedback with the TTK is just marvelous all-around.
  2. Art design is on-point. On my 1080 Ti, the game's level design really pops, and the world feels so much more lived-in than before. That naturally nips map design in the bud (because they look too natural, they don't play very well), but that's beside the point. Well-designed maps like Hackney Yard and Gun Runner are great examples of naturalistic environments that play super well.
  3. When the game clicks, it's on fire. Streaks not coming out the ass, players exchanging kills and constantly battling it out over headquarters and hardpoints, and the like. MW at its best is incredibly fun.

Last edited:

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
.....just ignore it? Jesus.

I have never cared about unlocking skins in games like these. I play for fun. SO many times I see people saying, "Jesus grinding that skin was a fucking nightmare, on to the next!" like it's their job or something
Infinity Ward literally invented the modern day multiplayer core loop grind.
There's no Elo or MMR to keep track of. Your lifetime KD is hidden to everyone but yourself. The only thing you have to show for your progress is your player level (which now resets every season) and your skins. Skins and challenges are the metagame.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see this mentioned in the last few pages, but you can afk your way through the battle pass 1 at the moment on PS4. Have to go into co-op, Private Match, survivor mode, St. Petersburg map, kill everyone but 1 person on a wave, then jump up on on the train next to the two center buildings and prone down and you can AFK all night (leave controller connected via wired, game won't kick you out or anything). You'll earn ~1 or so battle pass tiers every hour I think. You'll also earn normal rank levels. Its only possible on PS4 as I guess that map/mode is exclusive to PS4.

It is a dumb thing to do but given its gonna take you ~100 hours to get through 100 tiers of BP with normal play I can see how its gonna be mighty enticing. Won't affect your KDR ratio or anything either since its all co-op play.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Crash does looking absoltely amazing. I really wish they kept it around for longer, having been grinding out objectives recently, shoothouse has grown on me...more... but damn, Crash was barely available. I'm not ready to let it go and head back to the other maps waiting for a tiny percentage chance to play Crash! I might just have to bounce out of lobbies until I get it. It was barely on for like 3 days or something!

Infinity Ward literally invented the modern day multiplayer core loop grind.
There's no Elo or MMR to keep track of. Your lifetime KD is hidden to everyone but yourself. The only thing you have to show for your progress is your player level (which now resets every season) and your skins. Skins and challenges are the metagame.

Yep, strongly agree with this.

And, if I want to make sure I'm actually getting any new cosmetics, I have to follow my own unlock objectives... Otherwise, I get pretty much nothing.
I don't even get the point of all the double XP and XP unlocks as rewards...what's it for? What do I get for levelling up other than a number going up temporarily. Does it give me access to anything?
I'm probably responsible for losing so many games trying to go for these achievements and I think the other players understand as hardly anyone is complaining about being claymored, semtexed and molotoved constantly and in the same places.

The battle pass is 1000 coins now. The price in coins dropped, I think, as I don't remember it being available for that - maybe I'm misremembering.
Does anyone know if you buy it say at level 50, does it unlock all the cosmetics you had previously unlocked but not been given access to?

Say I hit level 100 and gained 5 or 6 hundred free cod coins along the way, it might be somewhat more reasonable to grab the pass if so. Wish it was a bit cheaper though - If it was around £3 every 2 months, I'm okay paying upfront for that for all the random cosmetics and supporting the game but I know they have to milk it. I'm personally not paying £10+/60days though. At least they give us the free coins, will come in handy if something really good is included.

Last edited:

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Enough PKM, Desert Eagle and P90. I want to change my playstyle for a bit. Time to try one of the AR.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The state of the grinding for the Battlepass is a joke, I've levelled you from 56 to 60 and only gone thru 3 levels of the battle pass

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I mentioned this a few weeks ago, but I played this game at a friends house and it was instantly recognizable that SBMM was at work, as I was wrecking fools when playing on his account. It felt like a different game in terms of the intensity of the players.

Last night I was over at his house again and played for a couple hours. Again, wrecking people. I am not exaggerating when I say that at times it felt like playing on an easy mode (no, i did not mention any of this to my friend as it would come off as insulting, but he's not as good as me at the game). I was literally thinking as I played "why am I not being shot from every peaking spot right now. I'm playing recklessly right now and rarely being punished for it".

ZZMitch

Oct 26, 2017
Picked up with game a few days ago on PC and started having a lot more fun (and doing a lot better) when I switched from kb&m to controller, really happy that they matchmake people based on input type! First COD in 5+ years and now having a great time.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I played an hour or two of hardcore modes. Much preferred with the limited HUD and less people jumping around with RPGs and throwing grenades everywhere. Only problem is that it's pretty much exclusively occupied by clans, so I'm always the odd one out. Wish Era had a clan going.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, I played an hour or two of hardcore modes. Much preferred with the limited HUD and less people jumping around with RPGs and throwing grenades everywhere. Only problem is that it's pretty much exclusively occupied by clans, so I'm always the odd one out. Wish Era had a clan going.
Let's start one. I'm down.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I wish "No Stock" became "Ultralight Stock" or something similar. I know there's a Skeleton Stock already, but I don't like that the best stock option is the one that makes guns look derpy as hell.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
So after not playing MW for 2 weeks i decided to give Titanfall 2 Multiplayer a chance since its free on PS+.

Its really good. Respawns game are fun. Never saw so many Options in a fps multiplayer.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why they couldn't have kept both Crash and Shoothouse 24/7 up. Their weird ass playlist system for core modes means that regular modes will stay filled

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how long they'll keep shoothouse, if it's up for the foreseeable future it proves the maps are ass and that people will leave without the playlist.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
I mentioned this a few weeks ago, but I played this game at a friends house and it was instantly recognizable that SBMM was at work, as I was wrecking fools when playing on his account. It felt like a different game in terms of the intensity of the players.

Last night I was over at his house again and played for a couple hours. Again, wrecking people. I am not exaggerating when I say that at times it felt like playing on an easy mode (no, i did not mention any of this to my friend as it would come off as insulting, but he's not as good as me at the game). I was literally thinking as I played "why am I not being shot from every peaking spot right now. I'm playing recklessly right now and rarely being punished for it".
Yup SBMM is shoddy as hell. Super fast ttk without SBMM would have resulted in people being curbstomped non stop and no way the casuals would survive and be ok that. Retention would be worse. Now they favour campy gameplay styles. Which I despise, but it is what it is. Run and gunning days are over.

I think it checks your last 5 matches and voila. It is way out of balance.

Try to make the least skilled player in your inner circle the host and see what happens! 😂

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has to be coincidental. I think they are tinkering with the sbmm on occassions. I seem to be having decent lobbies lately where I would goof around with the JOKR and still do decently well and wrecking folks with it in domination..

Having fun lately and guess what I did not spend a penny.
People have misinterpreted the patent and are perpetuating this bizarre conspiracy theory now. I'm convinced that some folks on YT and / or Reddit are trying to cash in on a vocal minority of upset fans and this is their grift.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
I check once in a while here to see if there has been any positive changes to the game and if there is any incentive to reinstall the game, but everytime it's something worse in the game pops up lol. Now it's dlc based SBMM hahahahahahah 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

What a mess. Surprised the media outlets haven't picked up on some of the issues this game is having and it's community.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
I check once in a while here to see if there has been any positive changes to the game and if there is any incentive to reinstall the game, but everytime it's something worse in the game pops up lol. Now it's dlc based SBMM hahahahahahah 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

What a mess. Surprised the media outlets haven't picked up on some of the issues this game is having and it's community.
What are you even saying? All of the content necessary to play with others is entirely free...

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Y'all are officially sinking to reddit level conspiracy bullshit

I didn't read it all. I didn't understood it all. I speeded through it and I choose to at least believe his expertise. This definitely is not created by a twelve year old with a grudge.

he did some hard work even if it might turn out to be wrong.

If this goes up, it will be starting some discussion I hope.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So this week I found out about these weapon conversion. This is an aspect of the game I really like but you have to get that weapon up to a certain level tho but it's pretty sick that you can change it into a different type of gun but adding specific attachments.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit this has a good campaign. They really upped their game with animations, gun sounds, behaviour etc too. Shooting enemies is borderline unsettling since it looks so realistic.

Went into it with hardly any expectations, but this campaign is FAR better than any other CoD in the past. It's way better than any recent Battlefield as well. Now i'm just hoping the MP is improved too.

Naru

May 11, 2019
The Battle Pass is still time limited? Does this mean if I spend 10 bucks now and suddenly don't have enough time to play, it will be gone after that ~60 days? I can't unlock the tiers I have paid money for later?

Oct 25, 2017
The youtuber happened to play against weaker opponents after buying some cosmetics. It MUST be because activision has secretly made a pay to win system into their match making that also happens to aggressively place you against equally skilled opponents that also happens to correlate matchmaking with player level. This is a shitnado of biblical proportions. Oh, lets also bring up some stupid misunderstood patent from several years ago, because it tracts well.

This YTer is just getting attention for clicks. He does not even act convinced at all in the video. Yet he put it out cause he knew it would create drama and get attention. We already have people claiming SBMM is aggressive just on the feels alone... in a game with very little recoil and low ttk.

Even if that tweet is true, that his source said that, that at barest confirms they want bad players to not get crushed by good players. If bad players quit because they feel like they never have a chance, they do not buy MTX. This is just common sense, but people have no problem twisting words these days for attention online... because influencers are big money these days.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
The maps are just too big in this game. It's a shame you can't search for games by map.

Big maps just don't suit cod.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Battle Pass is still time limited? Does this mean if I spend 10 bucks now and suddenly don't have enough time to play, it will be gone after that ~60 days? I can't unlock the tiers I have paid money for later?
What you can do is hold off on buying it until the end or you get to tier 100 and then buy it and get everything in the battle pass at once.
Also there are I believe 1300 cod points in the battle pass so you can recycle the battle pass each time.