• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The battle pass resetting levels is turd. It should be your overall level just stays as is and is up to say 1,000 or something with your tier being exactly like it is and just going back to zero for the next BP

the time to level is a joke as well, I played for about 4.5 hours of GW yesterday and went up 4 levels, it shouldn't be that grindy

losing access to weapons when you prestiged made you use other weapons, but in this game it wouldn't work because the meta is a solely a couple of guns and anything else you struggle to do well.

the guns/sounds are the best they've ever been but boy did they fumble A LOT of other decisions with this game

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get this at all. Why are you even grinding it?
You don't have to. lol

I much prefer this to losing all my weapons .

Except you didn't have to lose all of your weapons. Prestige was optional, you could do it if and when you wanted. Your only rewards were a new emblem, a permanent unlock token and a load out in certain games. The unlock tokens made it pretty easy to keep the guns you wanted all the time. If you didn't want to participate you didn't have to.

But the big thing is it was OPTIONAL.

The new system forces me to level up so that I can unlock officer challenges which I need to complete in order to get new emblems for the season AND to finish the battle pass (IW has stated battle pass progress is a combo of time played, xp gained and challenges completed). Not to mention it's timed, so I have 60 days to grind the officer ranks out, I can't do them when I want to like I could with Prestige levels.

And whether I want to participate or not at the end of the season my level resets!

I just don't like it man. They could have just left prestige in the game and not had it reset your unlocks, added more daily/weekly missions to work towards battle pass and dropped this whole officer rank/challenge bullshit.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's also utterly hilarious how they only shipped with five create a classes, despite stripping the prestige system (which historically gave you new CAC slots) and they are "looking into" giving us more!

LOLWUT?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I love the weapons in this game and it's mostly why I still play it. It's a joy to try 'em out and customize them for certain looks and roles. Even building entirely new weapon out of the base ones. You can take the Aug SMG and make the classic or take the G36 LMG and make the more compact G36C. It's a really cool way to handle variants of weapons while allowing a lot of player choice and making the unlocks more meaningful (besides the 20 different sights.)

I think the guns are getting more balanced as well. I don't see the M4 as dominant. The MP5 is extremely powerful with the 10mm rounds. Combined with an SMG fire rate it will win nearly every close to mid range engagement.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe.

Killstreaks in Ground War are a gigantic problem. Once one team starts calling in harriers and gunships you might as well just quit.
Or respawn with a PKM with extended mag and Cold-blooded which takes them down in 6 seconds lol

Gunships aside, gonna have to hide from those probably.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's also utterly hilarious how they only shipped with five create a classes, despite stripping the prestige system (which historically gave you new CAC slots) and they are "looking into" giving us more!

LOLWUT?

They probably thought that since you could change your class loadout midmatch folks would be fine with 5 slots.

It's dumb as hell.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Except you didn't have to lose all of your weapons. Prestige was optional, you could do it if and when you wanted. Your only rewards were a new emblem, a permanent unlock token and a load out in certain games. The unlock tokens made it pretty easy to keep the guns you wanted all the time. If you didn't want to participate you didn't have to.

But the big thing is it was OPTIONAL.

The new system forces me to level up so that I can unlock officer challenges which I need to complete in order to get new emblems for the season AND to finish the battle pass (IW has stated battle pass progress is a combo of time played, xp gained and challenges completed). Not to mention it's timed, so I have 60 days to grind the officer ranks out, I can't do them when I want to like I could with Prestige levels.

And whether I want to participate or not at the end of the season my level resets!

I just don't like it man. They could have just left prestige in the game and not had it reset your unlocks, added more daily/weekly missions to work towards battle pass and dropped this whole officer rank/challenge bullshit.
Yup totally agree. Prestige mode was fine imo. These ribbons are a joke. The emblems so not worth it.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017

LOLWUT?
They did that on purpose. They are just waiting for the right time to charge you for make a class slots,.

Anyways damn had crappy games last night.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I really don't like only having 5 loadouts too but I don't think they'll charge you for loadouts this time, they seem to be on the ball with this imo. Free maps, free guns, recycled coins in the gamepass. At least, I hope they don't charge you for it because that's dumb as fuck.

TBH, I wish they just kept adding more to this one instead of a different COD next year. It's really good to play and 90% of the time I don't run into campfests. I think I'll be sticking with this for a while unless they knock it out the park next year.

I was having trouble making people out in windows or across a field as there can be a lot of jaggies at 1080p even with 1xSMAA. 2xSMAA makes it too blurry imo.
I tried bumping up the render resolution to 133% and it looks so much cleaner. Much better and not a huge hit either on my 980ti. Still getting around 115fps the way I've set it up. It looks really good even with mostly lowish settings.

This game is making it really hard to wait to upgrade though. I want double the fps now :'( It'd be a dream to play as the shooting mechanics are so fun, to have it running at a locked 240......hnnnngggg. Hell, even 165 would be sweet. I only get that when I spawn :'(

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I have to ask, you are playing Modern Warfare correct?.........

Yes I'm playing this year's MW....

Are people expecting every player to have their shift/run key glued down? People run, check their corners, reach a place, check their lines for a bit and run or carefully walk to the next spot. Only time I see people crouch walking is when they've spotted someone or expect someone and are in ADS.

Only 1 in 10 games or so will be where most players are not moving, everyone is just at a window or corner or behind their scope and staying in the same area.

I just disable search and destroy and the other one where you don't respawn as fast.

I do have the camp games occassionally, like you previously sometimes get on a server in say cod4, depending on your luck. But it's not every game, like who are these people that enjoy playing like that? I feel like people are just looking at the killcam, seeing the guy mounted to a corner or window for 5 seconds and thinking he hasn't moved all game. He probably moved and someone took his place.

It's not Quake, it's COD. People play a little more carefully and you need to be aware of the spots and react to them faster than you can think about it.
I do get the brutal games from time to time but most of the time, everythings pretty normal. Though I haven't played COD other than this one since MW2 and mostly just COD4.
So maybe things were wild before this entry.

You also need to be able to see things, it was difficult with the jaggies. I'm loving it more since bumping the resolution to 133% yesterday.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I think they are just trying to find a so called happy medium with the leveling and the battle pass. I think some decisions they made are just a result of trying to keep the old system of progression while adding the new flavor of the month form of progression in battle passes. Which is along the lines of the entire game development, where they are trying to appease too many crowds all at once and come up with some amalgam of maps and systems that... vary in result widely.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes I'm playing this year's MW....

Are people expecting every player to have their shift/run key glued down? People run, check their corners, reach a place, check their lines for a bit and run or carefully walk to the next spot. Only time I see people crouch walking is when they've spotted someone or expect someone and are in ADS.

This is just absolutely not true my guy. I have almost a hundred hours into MW so far. I've had more TDM matches end due to the time limit being reached than I have in the last 5 CoD's combined. Everyone is holding still, afraid to move constantly. Sure I get a few run and gun style matches on occasion but for the most part people camp, A LOT.

Camping is what is encouraged in this game. Short TTK. Killstreaks instead of scorestreaks. Lots of very accurate long range weapons (even some of the SMGs are long range). Claymores (Which have been nerfed but are still pretty OP). Personal Radars.

All of these things make this one of the most camp heavy FPS games I've ever played. It's almost on the same level as Battlefield.

I get that you are expressing your opinion, but if you think MW is "not campy" you are in the VERY VERY small minority on that one my friend.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Aww yeah, the real dumb cosmetic stuff is starting to get out there

ELXW9BHWkAAKrvt

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
This is just absolutely not true my guy. I have almost a hundred hours into MW so far. I've had more TDM matches end due to the time limit being reached than I have in the last 5 CoD's combined. Everyone is holding still, afraid to move constantly. Sure I get a few run and gun style matches on occasion but for the most part people camp, A LOT.

Camping is what is encouraged in this game. Short TTK. Killstreaks instead of scorestreaks. Lots of very accurate long range weapons (even some of the SMGs are long range). Claymores (Which have been nerfed but are still pretty OP). Personal Radars.

All of these things make this one of the most camp heavy FPS games I've ever played. It's almost on the same level as Battlefield.

I get that you are expressing your opinion, but if you think MW is "not campy" you are in the VERY VERY small minority on that one my friend.

You guys actually want longer TTK? But that encourages spraying and lets you get away with brainless gameplay. I might as well play destiny or borderlands...

I'm not big on killstreaks since they were originally introduced but a specific loadout can really help deal with them.
Claymores are ridiculous OP, yes, no argument there.
But it definitely doesn't play like battlefield to me, maybe groundwar with all the sniping.

Maybe I just played too much counter strike when I was younger. But really, this to me, they've done a fantastic job on the whole. Where they could have gone wrong in so many places, I feel like they got it right.

Maybe it's different on PC and consoles? I don't know how people play this with a pad. You need to check so many corners!

I'll try and record some footage. I'll record what I think is an average full game tonight.

Last edited:

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Currently level 23 or so on the Battle Pass and done around 20 officer challenges.

I don't mind Officer Ranks but I do miss the Prestige system. I understand why people are upset since there's a time limit on finishing them. That, and some of these challenges could be tough. I really wish they gave you more than just XP....and the emblems you unlock are wack, lol. Hoping the designs get better.

I still feel there should be a rewards shop where, depending on how many ribbons you unlock, you can purchase what you want. For example, you earned 5 ribbons? Go ahead and unlock an extra create a class slot. 20 ribbons? Get yourself a calling card. A shop full of new stuff but also bring some of the previous emblems and whatnot from older games. Or what if it's not only ribbons you use to unlock? What if every set amount of XP, you get a token? Collect enough tokens to unlock something. Ribbons would be timed based (which can't be helped because of every new season) and then these tokens are always present.

In regards to that gun skin above, I would rock that. I'm not bothered by those kind of cosmetics. In BO4, they had that unicorn skin which I loved.

Totally support the idea of bringing back Scorestreaks. Pointman is my favorite perk 2 when it comes to Kill Confirmed.

Can't deny the game has issues but I still think it's a great COD.

Oct 25, 2017
You guys actually want longer TTK? But that encourages spraying and lets you get away with brainless gameplay. I might as well play destiny or borderlands...

I am so so confused by this comment. Scratch the borderlands or destiny part, longer TTK encourages more accuracy and not less. Plus it punishes being aggressive a bit less when you actually have a chance to return fire or respond to being shot at.

COD is not CS.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How can I get this camo? Looks like a real Salt Generator!

I don't know if everyone's shop is the same but the bundle is 800 points ($10?). I've only bought the Reaper bundle (featured bundle) with leftover CoD points from the bundle I had so idk if buying more or less stuff affects what shows up.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if everyone's shop is the same but the bundle is 800 points ($10?)
Yeah if you haven't bought anything from the store then it should have rotated in today alongside the Alice bundle
ELXobzEWsAACnHB

Hope that South Korean Domino hits the featured tomorrow with the weekly refresh.
I expect it will come with a ROK flag card, probably a white tiger emblem or charm at least.

Last edited:

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I don't know if everyone's shop is the same but the bundle is 800 points ($10?). I've only bought the Reaper bundle (featured bundle) with leftover CoD points from the bundle I had so idk if buying more or less stuff affects what shows up.
Oh, you can't buy individual dlc? Only bundles? Damn.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I am so so confused by this comment. Scratch the borderlands or destiny part, longer TTK encourages more accuracy and not less. Plus it punishes being aggressive a bit less when you actually have a chance to return fire or respond to being shot at.

COD is not CS.
With COD, if you have a high TTK and are close range they would have run circles around you before you've killed them.
Longer ranges, they would never die, always sprinting away behind cover, hitting a stim.

When you react your aim can be miles off and it won't matter too much. Whereas now, you have to nail it.

Oct 25, 2017
With COD, if you have a high TTK and are close range they would have run circles around you before you've killed them.
Longer ranges, they would never die, always sprinting away behind cover, hitting a stim.

When you react your aim can be miles off and it won't matter too much. Whereas now, you have to nail it.

Movement is not that fast in this game to run circles around people. And second, longer ttk does not mean high.

And no, your aim would still have to be on point.

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping Nikto would come with the weekly featured refresh but it looks like it's just new skins for Golem and Yegor. https://charlieintel.com/infected-and-gunfight-osp-coming-to-modern-warfare-this-week/58512/

A little bit of a bummer for new packs to be added for both of them when we've already had one for each this week. Give me something new for Domino!
Domino has 1 skin set we haven't gotten at all yet,
The "Sarah Connor"
nDsAm5l.jpg

which has 3 color variants

and a 4th special alteration of her default
qop7Y7w.jpg

Sarah Connor is almost certainly going to be a standard Operator bundle, while the South Korean variant will be a Featured bundle as it matches the others as a "Special" skins.
Charly also has the bloody warpaint with red camo skin i'd guarantee as a Featured bundle.

Seeing as it won't be this week im more tempted to buy that anime skin lol.

Hopefully new daily skins get rotated in past the first batch, will suck if the same 10ish rotate through again if you haven't purchased 1.

chapel

Oct 25, 2017
Replying in general to various posters regarding the BP and MTX/SBMM.

The BP works as IW/Acti said in their blog post, that it combines time played, XP and challenges to gain levels for the BP. I've personally seen this and if you want a little more thorough testing you can watch this video:

Regarding MTX/SBMM, I have bought most of the bundles that I wanted and I am not getting easy lobbies or some weird SBMM like others are claiming. Of course my experience is anecdotal, but so is everyone else's at this point. To go further, it is a stretch too far to say a patent that people don't understand completely is in a game that they did not develop themselves. You don't and can't know. For all we know the SBMM could be the same as the other recent games, maybe it doesn't feel the same but we just don't know.

SBMM in general for me has not been an issue, yes I get sweaty lobbies every now and then but I expect that. If there was no SBMM I feel I'd be playing with probably more lower skilled people but have much higher skilled people owning my face. I do get out classed every now and then, sometimes because I'm just not playing well and others because the people are just plain better. To me honestly this doesn't seem that much different than previous CODs but then again I haven't played all of the ones since early BLOPs.

The Reddit and YT rage is annoying, not because people can't be upset about choices they don't like, but because so many people jump on the bandwagon and believe every bad thing that is said regardless if it is fake or just a misunderstanding. Case in point the outrage over BP progress and that it is only time based, or the MTX/SBMM claims.

There are real issues in the game that are worth complaining about but jumping on fake or trumped up issues just makes it hard to take your arguments at face value and give it the respect it might deserve. Though to be honest, this is an issue with the gaming community in general and it makes me sad how many people revert to rage instead of being constructive in their criticism and understanding that the game you're playing was made by people and not just a faceless huge company.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Replying in general to various posters regarding the BP and MTX/SBMM.

The BP works as IW/Acti said in their blog post, that it combines time played, XP and challenges to gain levels for the BP. I've personally seen this and if you want a little more thorough testing you can watch this video:

Regarding MTX/SBMM, I have bought most of the bundles that I wanted and I am not getting easy lobbies or some weird SBMM like others are claiming. Of course my experience is anecdotal, but so is everyone else's at this point. To go further, it is a stretch too far to say a patent that people don't understand completely is in a game that they did not develop themselves. You don't and can't know. For all we know the SBMM could be the same as the other recent games, maybe it doesn't feel the same but we just don't know.

SBMM in general for me has not been an issue, yes I get sweaty lobbies every now and then but I expect that. If there was no SBMM I feel I'd be playing with probably more lower skilled people but have much higher skilled people owning my face. I do get out classed every now and then, sometimes because I'm just not playing well and others because the people are just plain better. To me honestly this doesn't seem that much different than previous CODs but then again I haven't played all of the ones since early BLOPs.

The Reddit and YT rage is annoying, not because people can't be upset about choices they don't like, but because so many people jump on the bandwagon and believe every bad thing that is said regardless if it is fake or just a misunderstanding. Case in point the outrage over BP progress and that it is only time based, or the MTX/SBMM claims.

There are real issues in the game that are worth complaining about but jumping on fake or trumped up issues just makes it hard to take your arguments at face value and give it the respect it might deserve. Though to be honest, this is an issue with the gaming community in general and it makes me sad how many people revert to rage instead of being constructive in their criticism and understanding that the game you're playing was made by people and not just a faceless huge company.

I applaud everything in this post and this has been my sentiment for a long time. The faux rage and misinformation that reddit and youtube generate around the gaming community has been one of the most destructive things as I get older. It is possible to constructively criticize games without turning into an utter jackass.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've never even used the Oden lol! Do I do it or not...

giphy.gif

The weird thing about blueprints is that modifying them might remove the skin. I saw on reddit someone bought the tiger one and changing it got rid of the skin. That's the main thing that worries me about buying blueprints, if I was gonna spend money I'd probably get Operator stuff

So is this a different bundle?
6pkxos8qnn341.jpg

The light pink one on the bottom? Yeah, I remember seeing it on someones YouTube video where they bought a ton of the bundles, I think that gun/bundle's called Lady Luck, came with pink dice you could hang from your gun.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Regarding MTX/SBMM, I have bought most of the bundles that I wanted and I am not getting easy lobbies or some weird SBMM like others are claiming. Of course my experience is anecdotal, but so is everyone else's at this point.
Same for me. I've spent probably $50 on MTX and my matches don't seem any different now than versus before the season started. The biggest thing I have noticed is that I am getting matched with almost all people that are significantly below my rank, but I think that is mainly due to the fact that had 40+ Double XP tokens saved up and have been playing with Double XP the whole time since season one launched to blast through the ranks. I'm up to 132 and I can't remember seeing anyone else higher than 100 in my lobbies.

The whole thing is just a boogeyman. I have no doubt that there are algorithms in place to match people based on a lot of different factors but I'm sure they are much more complex than we could understand looking at it from the outside. I don't believe the game is designed to put everyone at 1.0. I don't believe it's designed to "punish" you by putting you in harder lobbies if you do well.

The more you think about the idea of SBMM as reddit and YT has presented it, the easier it is to poke holes in it.

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda wish the gunsmith had more integrated(gun specific attachments) like the Aug's scope. Past COD's had some as well.
like the Tar-21(Ram-7)

F2000's
latest

chapel

Oct 25, 2017
I applaud everything in this post and this has been my sentiment for a long time. The faux rage and misinformation that reddit and youtube generate around the gaming community has been one of the most destructive things as I get older. It is possible to constructively criticize games without turning into an utter jackass.
I will say even some of the YT folks that post misinformation aren't themselves feeding into the rage but spreading that misinformation leads to people raging as they take what those people say as fact.

Like PrestigeIsKey, he started this MTX/SBMM nonsense, which viewers take as fact and spread to other YT'ers who then spread it as if it were fact. There is a rush to post the info as fast as possible even if it isn't true because getting those clicks makes money. This isn't unique to games and YT, in fact it is endemic to news and social media in general.

Same for me. I've spent probably $50 on MTX and my matches don't seem any different now than versus before the season started. The biggest thing I have noticed is that I am getting matched with almost all people that are significantly below my rank, but I think that is mainly due to the fact that had 40+ Double XP tokens saved up and have been playing with Double XP the whole time since season one launched to blast through the ranks. I'm up to 132 and I can't remember seeing anyone else higher than 100 in my lobbies.

The whole thing is just a boogeyman. I have no doubt that there are algorithms in place to match people based on a lot of different factors but I'm sure they are much more complex than we could understand looking at it from the outside. I don't believe the game is designed to put everyone at 1.0. I don't believe it's designed to "punish" you by putting you in harder lobbies if you do well.

The more you think about the idea of SBMM as reddit and YT has presented it, the easier it is to poke holes in it.
Regarding levels, I'm less than a 100 atm and have played quite a bit but haven't been using 2XP or anything, just normal play. I see higher and lower so I think it is because you're at the top end of the levels.

I completely agree about the boogeyman arguments and how when you look at things rationally they don't hold up. Sometimes I think my experience as a programmer and building things for large companies (but not games mind you) I understand the nuance a bit more and don't immediately jump to the far ends and conspiracy theory levels.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'll try to use it again today but man... Can anyone voucher for if the Holger-26 get's better? It was brutal to use.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
I'll try to use it again today but man... Can anyone voucher for if the Holger-26 get's better? It was brutal to use.

I have been using it, and i feel like i really have to prefire it.
I can have success with it, but it just seems to take more bullets than it should to take someone down.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they should either, but if they go that route dead Silence as a red perk would be acceptable, would make people give up ghost/kill chain
Kill Chain absofuckinglutely needs to go. I have no idea who decided that was a good addition, but all it does it lead to someone turning their 5 kill streak into a 12 kill chopper gunner over the course of about 30 seconds. Streak chaining in MW1 and MW2 was maligned, so why they brought it back in any form, I have no idea. It's insulting, really.