• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Gunfight OSP is way better than normal gunfight because they are mostly just pistol only.

I'd love a Gunfight mode that leaves out SMGs and ARs. Make people learn something else.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
It cracks me up how OSP was a term made up for the English localization of Metal Gear Solid, and everyone just kinda rolled with it. It sounds militaristic, so why not?

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Do the new guns auto unlock even if you don't buy this battle pass? Feel like I have been playing for ever, and I am no near closer.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I forgot to mention in my previous post that OSP is garbage and should never replace regular Gunfight. That's like replacing TDM with Kill Confirmed.

x.f

Nov 1, 2017
I've been sticking to almost exclusively the "core" playlist, popping into Gunfight when my buddy feels like hopping on. Maybe since they got a few different Ground War maps added I should give it another shot. I just remember getting absolutely destroyed by vehicles in the beta and not having a ton of fun with it.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
That's good that they are starting to add certain maps to the modes with a larger playercount. In general, these maps are too big for the 6v6 or 10v10 modes they were meant for

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Only 11 more BP levels till I get the Ram-7. Honestly people made it seem like it takes way longer but I've been going through levels pretty quickly.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
XP def. has almost jack to do with battlepass levels because I went from 56 to 59 doing trials and didnt even get 50% of the way thru the 1st tier from that

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Palace is still too big imho yeah.
I just don't understand the design goals with some of these bigger maps. Even Battlefield's bigger maps don't tend to have this volume of clutter. Most of the skyscrapers and whatnot are just for show, and completely (or partially) inaccessible. Meanwhile in this game, it feels like nearly every building has to be complete, with entrances, exits, and doors galore. It doesn't flow well at all.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand the design goals with some of these bigger maps. Even Battlefield's bigger maps don't tend to have this volume of clutter. Most of the skyscrapers and whatnot are just for show, and completely (or partially) inaccessible. Meanwhile in this game, it feels like nearly every building has to be complete, with entrances, exits, and doors galore. It doesn't flow well at all.

They bit off more than they could chew with the GW idea. And as much as DICE may get crapped on for their blunders, I cant deny that DICE is in their element with their map designs for big modes.

Shouldve been something the devs of the BR mode should have focused on.

Core IW needed to focus on Gunfight and 6v6 and made maps catered to it.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Another night passes where my poor dude sleeps on top of this train and the xp comes free. I hope next seasons grind nowhere near this shit.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I can't get my friends to stick around for more than 1 match because of how SBMM works. I hate this.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
$20 to get your death stats in game through a watch. Now we know why they gimped the scoreboard.

Totally agree, there couldn't be any other logical reason for them to not include the stats.

I think the feature of having it on the watch is amazing to be fair, although I'd never pay top dollar for that. I'm probably so far off who I think Activision/IW are aiming this sort of thing at. I would have thought it would be the 'hardcore' playerbase that are mostly interested in these stats, yet it would be the 'casuals' who would mainly purchasing these kind of things?

I mean it can't be IW making these design decisions, it's got to be Activision.

Oct 26, 2017
Gunfight OSP is way better than normal gunfight because they are mostly just pistol only.

I'd love a Gunfight mode that leaves out SMGs and ARs. Make people learn something else.
Mostly just pistol only? What kinda lobbies you been in? The secondary spawn item is usually something full auto (or a sniper). I'd say pistol use is rarer than in regular Gunfight since that actually has some dedicated pistol classes.
Oh, I forgot to mention in my previous post that OSP is garbage and should never replace regular Gunfight. That's like replacing TDM with Kill Confirmed.
I probably like regular Gunfight a little more, but at least OSP discourages the hardcore spawn campers. I think my biggest issue with the mode right now is just how unreliable it is picking up weapons/items sometimes. Double clutching ending up with the gun that I was trying to drop. And picking up lethals can be unintuitive. Regular Gunfight has a class with dual frags, but OSP won't let you pick up a second frag.

And OSP doesn't have the whole opening peek dynamic. I love challenging the opening sniper angles, or just prefiring with and LMG class or whatever. I wonder if the population is enough to support both modes. That would be my preference but if they're not popular enough then I'm ok with the rotation.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I am 4 tiers removed fron the ram 7 and im interested in doing this exploit overnight but you know the DS4 so do you have to keep your controller powered on?
One of my sleeping-on-train session ended because my controller got out of power. The game poses and ask you to reconnect. Leave your DS4 plugged if you can!

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Gunfight OSP on Hill must be the worst experience I ever had in this game.

Holy shit. Who thought it was a good idea to design this map with all the bushes. WTF. Finding weapons is like looking for a needle in a haystack

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of my sleeping-on-train session ended because my controller got out of power. The game poses and ask you to reconnect. Leave your DS4 plugged if you can!
It also seems kind of random. One night I left it on for about 8 hours and got 6 tiers, the other night I left it on for 5 hours and got 6 tiers again.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

It's way better. Just grab the pistol and go forth. Now you're properly punished for sitting in the back.

Gunfight OSP on Hill must be the worst experience I ever had in this game.

Holy shit. Who thought it was a good idea to design this map with all the bushes. WTF. Finding weapons is like looking for a needle in a haystack

Like I said above, just grab the pistol. It's all you need.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I let mine sleep on the train for 32 hours and got 35 tiers. My PS4 wasn't super hot or anything so I shut it off and then decided to give it another go before it's patched or the AI is improved.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Got 13 levels today by letting my character sit on top of that train in survival mode. I'll do that tomorrow too, grab the second free gun and forget about the season pass.
Any more info on this? What train on which map? I might've missed a more detailed post but thought I read through everything

Do you do a survival session alone? Doesn't it match make you with others by default

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Any more info on this? What train on which map? I might've missed a more detailed post but thought I read through everything

Do you do a survival session alone? Doesn't it match make you with others by default

Also is anyone having trouble sprinting on PS4 after the last update? I keep stopping my sprint even though I haven't done anything to stop it. I thought maybe my controller was faulty (which I would be surprised since its brand new) but I tried playing Titanfall 2 and BFV and didn't have any issues.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The Holger-26 does get better. I've finally leveled it up enough for it to become close to the G36C and it's much better as an AR then as an LMG. Still wouldn't say top tier though.