• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
For the people who actually play this game, how offended are you by the Operator watch bundle that shows your deaths in-game?

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
For the people who actually play this game, how offended are you by the Operator watch bundle that shows your deaths in-game?
Don't give a fuck. Removing deaths from the leaderboard was the right call. Realistically, what are you gonna do with that information other than to chide someone? Putting it on a watch is whatevs. Not particularly useful either way.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
It's extremely silly that the only watch that actually has watch hands (that I know of) is the Doritos-branded one, but I really don't care about the ones that show cumulative or per-game stats.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
dint know where to ask this
but how to fix terrible internet connection speed on ps4?
its about a 5th of my actually internet download speed for whatever reason

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I still have no idea how the battle pass works. When exactly will I start unlocking free stuff?

I'm at level 11 of the battle pass and I've got nothing so far.

edit: I figured it out

Last edited:

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Three times tonight on Shoot House I've used a Javelin on a Harrier, had it deploy flares, and have the missile hit elsewhere on the map and kill someone. I bet they were pissed.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I wish XP tokens worked like Infinite Warfare, where you got so many of them they'd come out of your ears, and after every match you could decide whether to double the XP earned in that match or not. The current system, where they tick down even in lobbies, is just obnoxious.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Infected is far from the best version of it that I've played, but it's still super fun. My first match was at night on Azhir Cave so I was thinking it would only use night maps, but that's not the case... I think it'd be better that way though

manunkindh

Jun 7, 2018
I think I might be done with this, can't stand the god awful maps no more, camping and soundwhoring. Gunplay is top notch, one of the best in the series, but those fucking maps man... Anyone noticed Crash is playing like dog shit too?

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Now that I've accepted the SBMM I find myself going for the challenges and experimenting a lot more than I did in previous COD games.

When I thought about it, even if I go like 30k 60d to complete the pistol challenge it doesn't matter, since you'll always be put around a 1.0 KDR in the long run. So now instead of focusing on improving my game I'm just going wild.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone tell me what the watch thing is about? I've got 3 and don't understand the significance of it?

That aside, I'm actually shocked by how much I love this game. I thought it was over for me and COD but I've purchased the battle pass on this one. I hope they continue to innovate and keep improving the sound design and graphical fidelity.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Can someone tell me what the watch thing is about? I've got 3 and don't understand the significance of it?
They do different things. Some simply tell the real time, others count your kills/deaths, some even count footsteps or weapon progression. You can take a loot at the watch with the "check watch" gesture. A ring menu will come up with all your sprays and gestures you put into it. I believe you need to hold left or up on the dpad.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
This game has a mayor asset streaming problem I often enter ground war matches only to see bale and otter's running around carrying ak47's

TKRunningRiot

Oct 26, 2017
Why did they have to remove regular Gunfight to add OSP Gunfight? OSP is terrible, especially with a random teammate. Just let me do regular FFS

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
dint know where to ask this
but how to fix terrible internet connection speed on ps4?
its about a 5th of my actually internet download speed for whatever reason
You should always go wired. Look into Powerline Adapters. Works amazing most of the time. Much better than wifi that is for sure.
Also make sure your NAT type is 1 or 2. Nat type 3 is terrible.

Forward some ports for PS4:
https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/
  • TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480
  • UDP: 3478, 3479

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I think I pulled the best comeback ever. My team was on Hackney Yard and we were down 25 at some point and won 75 to 71. I went 30 and 9.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017

When I bought the battle pass + boost combo it boosted me from where I was. I was around 15 and got the Ram-7 immediately.
[/QUOTE]
Ok cool, think I might bite.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Just getting into the MP now, first one I've played since BLOPs 3. Gunplay and sound design is so much better but the camping is insane, I guess that's expected.

Really want to move this back to my SSD but the size is crazy, it's already up to 139gb.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Just getting into the MP now, first one I've played since BLOPs 3. Gunplay and sound design is so much better but the camping is insane, I guess that's expected.

Really want to move this back to my SSD but the size is crazy, it's already up to 139gb.
I installed the game to my hybrid drive. I play it often enough that load times after two boots are pretty reasonable.

The sound design IMO is pitch-perfect outside of Ground War. In there, the combination of streaks (what a terrible decision to include streaks in a mode like that) and terrible level design leads to an absolute cacophony.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I installed the game to my hybrid drive. I play it often enough that load times after two boots are pretty reasonable.

The sound design IMO is pitch-perfect outside of Ground War. In there, the combination of streaks (what a terrible decision to include streaks in a mode like that) and terrible level design leads to an absolute cacophony.

Haven't tried that mode but I can see why it would sound worse, it's probably tough to maintain to the clarity with all the spam everywhere. Really enjoying the gun sounds, very satisfying.

Did they fix the footsteps in a previous patch? I remember a lot of people saying they were too loud but I haven't found that on my headphones.

Oct 29, 2017
Haven't tried that mode but I can see why it would sound worse, it's probably tough to maintain to the clarity with all the spam everywhere. Really enjoying the gun sounds, very satisfying.

Did they fix the footsteps in a previous patch? I remember a lot of people saying they were too loud but I haven't found that on my headphones.

I think they've adjusted footsteps twice now?

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I think the Holger is shit, which is annoying as I was looking forward to the G36C.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
I do like this Operator outfit but feels like it would make you too easy to spot in most of the maps

Winter-Warrior-300x300.jpg