• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God nothing but a mess tonight trying to play.

The mission to tag 50 players with Recon Drone isn't tracking for some reason.

So I switch to the one where I need like 25 ammo resupplies but NO ONE fucking uses the god damn things.

I must have dropped 40 ammo boxes tonight and i got 4 uses......jesus christ people

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
So not sure about SBMM but the game seems more easy to me now. I do face off against clans but still come out on top even if the team loses. And yes I've played clans on Azhir caves that camp the c point spawn (I hate games like that) Primarily play hc tdm and checking out the cod stat tracker site, I'm actually doing better than I thought. Seems like after completing the ribbon challenges and focusing on just playing the game greatly helped...also doesn't hurt that the MP5 is masterful, k/d should definitely hit 1.5 with 30k kills before the next season starts

haven't bought any camo packs yet, bought about 8 different camos on BF5. I think I'll hold out till the prices fall before purchasing any

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Trust me, it isn't just you. It is the main reason I only stick to shoot house, it has the most consistent layout/design. Also, may I suggest smoke grenades? ...they aren't the perfect solution but definitely make taking Objectives solo slightly more manageable. But yeah, some maps have some wonky line of sight business or too many nooks/crannies to hide in. Not even gonna bother complaining about the spawn system and TTK...

What really blows my mind is how hard it is for fellow teammates to play Objectives, period. Even Kill Confirmed, folks will simply run PAST a tag. Intentionally. Unless I make it my mission to cap points, I feel like its a 50/50 chance of winning or losing.

Don't know what happened... How it played yesterday is why I turned my back on MW after a short time of playing after release. During the holidays I had a damn good time and played about 22 hours in just a few days. People were playing the objective, tried to hold flags, some campers and snipers here and there but nothing infuriating.
And yesterday the complete opposite. As you say... people run past tags and flags, my team is running aroundless mindless while the enemy team covers nearly every corner and has the advantage of every line of sight. Even when I tried to kill the enemy because I knew where they were... I wasn't even around the corner, boom, dead.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

yeah this is so annoying to deal with!

If it's anything like Fortnite used to be, people matchmake then switch controller.

Supposedly they block changing input once it's locked in the lobby, but it wouldn't surprise if a) it's broken b) doesn't actually do that

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, with the announcement that we will be able to hopefully change blueprint attachments between weapons, does this mean I would be able to buy the pack with the blue tracer rounds and add this to any other weapon?

Also, I'm really interested as to what they are going to do with the second half of the season now all the content from the 'roadmap' has already been released and were just over half way through. I guess we'll find out next week.

Lol I have no idea what's going on but I just got another two free gifts on the for you tab, only sprays/calling cards/emblems but still mad.

Neither do I, as I've only had the one free gift which was the unicorn calling card and something else :(

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just got the game and is there a map that isn't complete garbage? On shipment i can literally stand in one spot and have 4-5 guys respawn in front of me before i'm found out.

Also, why was rainbow 6 vegas, which came out in 2006, the only shooter to get player customization right? Seeing 6 kruegers running around is very lame.

And Rainbow 6 Vegas is still the GOAT MP shooter after all these years. How I wish Ubi would do a 3rd one.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Couple of noob questions, sorry.

1 is it possible to do finishing moves when you have a gun equipped? Or do you need to specifically equip a combat knife or something?

2. Is it possible to leave on crossplay between consoles but not PC? I haven't looked at the options yet.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
And Rainbow 6 Vegas is still the GOAT MP shooter after all these years. How I wish Ubi would do a 3rd one.

I love the idea of R6 Siege. I own the game and played for awhile. The problem I have is the shooting mechanics. The slow animation to ADS is really hard to deal with after playing games like COD, Destiny, and Apex. Once you're ADS'ing, it's fine but still not as snappy or precise as the aforementioned games.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I have every weapon max level except for the Dragunov and the EBR-14.

The Dragunov is absolute garbage and might be the most frustrating weapon grind out of every single one I've used. Mercifully it only has 36 weapon levels to go through.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Whats the best way to call in a Juggernaut? I only have the longshot medal and this one but it seems near impossible to get.
If you are having trouble getting the killstreak in a normal match, grind it out in Ground War by using Pointman and sitting back in your HQ spawn near the ammo box and just shoot down UAVs and other killstreaks. Over the course of a match you can get enough points to call in a Juggernaut. Might not work every match but if you keep at it eventually you will get one. It's not particularly fun but if you just want the ribbon this is a surefire way to do it.

FullMetalTech

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, New York
If you are having trouble getting the killstreak in a normal match, grind it out in Ground War by using Pointman and sitting back in your HQ spawn near the ammo box and just shoot down UAVs and other killstreaks. Over the course of a match you can get enough points to call in a Juggernaut. Might not work every match but if you keep at it eventually you will get one. It's not particularly fun but if you just want the ribbon this is a surefire way to do it.
Thanks. I guess this is easier than having to have 18 kills.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, with the announcement that we will be able to hopefully change blueprint attachments between weapons, does this mean I would be able to buy the pack with the blue tracer rounds and add this to any other weapon?

Also, I'm really interested as to what they are going to do with the second half of the season now all the content from the 'roadmap' has already been released and were just over half way through. I guess we'll find out next week.

Neither do I, as I've only had the one free gift which was the unicorn calling card and something else :(

Lol and logging in today to check if the bundles I want are back I've got another two free packs...

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
Whats the best way to call in a Juggernaut? I only have the longshot medal and this one but it seems near impossible to get.
use killchain and just play your regular matches. Go with cruise missile, vtol and then juggernaut

I have every weapon max level except for the Dragunov and the EBR-14.

The Dragunov is absolute garbage and might be the most frustrating weapon grind out of every single one I've used. Mercifully it only has 36 weapon levels to go through.
Use it in hardcore modes

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's a very basic question, but what's a "good" gun to use? I'm not very good, so I don't need the best of the best I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on something significantly better.

I've been using the first or second assuakt rifle. Think it's an M4 something. I had an "xrk" legendary blueprint for it somehow (maybe twitch!?)

I'm not a huge run and gunner, I try to move from cover to cover and engage at medium distance. Panic shoot too much to use a sniper.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Yeah, that's the M4A1. Most used weapon in the game and many consider it the best. Personally I like the Kilo a bit more. Currently I play the M13 which also plays really nice.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I know it's a very basic question, but what's a "good" gun to use? I'm not very good, so I don't need the best of the best I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on something significantly better.

I've been using the first or second assuakt rifle. Think it's an M4 something. I had an "xrk" legendary blueprint for it somehow (maybe twitch!?)

I'm not a huge run and gunner, I try to move from cover to cover and engage at medium distance. Panic shoot too much to use a sniper.
I recommend spending a bit of time with several of the weapons and getting a feel for what you like. But if you're mainly interested in being instantly competitive, there is really no reason to use anything other than the M4A1 or the MP5. The two best weapons in the game from an all-around perspective.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I love the idea of R6 Siege. I own the game and played for awhile. The problem I have is the shooting mechanics. The slow animation to ADS is really hard to deal with after playing games like COD, Destiny, and Apex. Once you're ADS'ing, it's fine but still not as snappy or precise as the aforementioned games.

I've got Siege but haven't really gotten into it, I don't think I'll be a fan of the time limit.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I tried doing this once and then dudes showed up at spawn to kill me. I hate GW so much lol.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
TikeMyson1308 Orb thanks, that's all really useful to know!

I'm going to keep going with the M4 a bit and maybe the M5...I played blackout for awhile and found smgs a little too suited to run and gun hip firing...which is less my natural style but something I should practice.

The xrk blueprint I had seemed to give the weapon great stats straight away, so nearly everything I've unlocked so far has been a bit pointless. The only change I've made is a thermal scope as it lets me see enemies at a distance slightly better. Although fire confuses it so I might switch back to something else...

Been enjoying the MP so far,

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I really hate when you feel like you got into a cover / around a wall and you die.

What are they using in terms of latency that makes this happen more times than I'd like?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I really hate when you feel like you got into a cover / around a wall and you die.

What are they using in terms of latency that makes this happen more times than I'd like?
I dunno, they're probably just fighting physics...they've got their server, your machine and the other players machine, all saying different things happened and telling each other that at different points in time.

Unscrambling all of that to decide what officially happened, and send it back to both machines, is always going to result in wall deaths etc.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

To give a TL;DR since it's just going over the comments IW (specifically Joel Emslie) made on Reddit (though I don't have the links myself)

But basically:

• IW is making plans to create a system for them to better communicate with people (video points out that they should just go back to their Infinite Warfare days of doing dev streams)
  • That attachment variant system that people discovered in the Beta is being worked on still. Will allow people to mix and match blueprints. (Really hope this lets me use tracer rounds on other SCAR variants)
  • More create-a-class is coming, they've already been testing and patching out the bugs. (Prestige does guess that it might have to do with the gunsmith system that somehow it would break things due to all the possible combinations.) Joel says that it might be coming in the next update. Doesn't mention if it will be paid or not, hopefully not.
  • Also notes that Joel has been more active on Reddit recently, which is good.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck people who glitch out the map.

some absolute fuck head just did it on port of verdansk and went84-1 calling in a nuke as we were one point from winning.

An utter fucking cunt

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018

I've seen some incredible wall bangs in this game - don't trust any of the "cover" and focus on evading their pre-aim by sliding or jumping out of corners instead.

As to the latency - the more skilled players I've seen have kinda sent shots in the general direction of a player and lead their shots a bit with success. I don't know much about how this game's ballistic model works vs the old school CoD hitscan model. It kinda feels hitscan at short/medium range...would love to know more if anyone has details.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I've seen some incredible wall bangs in this game - don't trust any of the "cover" and focus on evading their pre-aim by sliding or jumping out of corners instead.

As to the latency - the more skilled players I've seen have kinda sent shots in the general direction of a player and lead their shots a bit with success. I don't know much about how this game's ballistic model works vs the old school CoD hitscan model. It kinda feels hitscan at short/medium range...would love to know more if anyone has details.

tl;dr unless you're shooting long range in Ground War, don't bother.

Side salt edit: people are hype for Battle Royale but if the GW/SO maps are truly the BR map too, then consider my hype deflated. Flat terrain with no cover except for huge buildings with a million rooms to sweep and way too much verticality. Imagine a final circle on one of Tavorsk's skyscrapers where one team is bottom floor and one team is rooftop. No thanks.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Just got the game and is there a map that isn't complete garbage? On shipment i can literally stand in one spot and have 4-5 guys respawn in front of me before i'm found out.

Also, why was rainbow 6 vegas, which came out in 2006, the only shooter to get player customization right? Seeing 6 kruegers running around is very lame.
R6 Vegas 1 and 2 will never be matched with its level of customization. Truly ahead of its time.

To give a TL;DR since it's just going over the comments IW (specifically Joel Emslie) made on Reddit (though I don't have the links myself)

But basically:

• IW is making plans to create a system for them to better communicate with people (video points out that they should just go back to their Infinite Warfare days of doing dev streams)
  • That attachment variant system that people discovered in the Beta is being worked on still. Will allow people to mix and match blueprints. (Really hope this lets me use tracer rounds on other SCAR variants)
  • More create-a-class is coming, they've already been testing and patching out the bugs. (Prestige does guess that it might have to do with the gunsmith system that somehow it would break things due to all the possible combinations.) Joel says that it might be coming in the next update. Doesn't mention if it will be paid or not, hopefully not.
  • Also notes that Joel has been more active on Reddit recently, which is good.

They make this so damn difficult, it's not hard to communicate. They've done it before. At this point they're being purposely obtuse.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017

Side salt edit: people are hype for Battle Royale but if the GW/SO maps are truly the BR map too, then consider my hype deflated. Flat terrain with no cover except for huge buildings with a million rooms to sweep and way too much verticality. Imagine a final circle on one of Tavorsk's skyscrapers where one team is bottom floor and one team is rooftop. No thanks.

I hope not. It's taking them long enough it should be it's own map.

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018

I've seen this before but it's a good refresher, thank you! Good reminder to treat the pistols like paintball guns

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Up and down...

today i just had three absolute down games. Terrible experience.

i'd argue just get this if you have good friends you can play with and be angry together lol

gunfight is really solid tho

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017

Basically Drift0r talking about coming to terms with the fact that MW is being designed for casual players.

It sucks, but folks complained for years that Call of Duty was being ruined for casual players so pros could have a more balanced game. It wasn't true, but this game is a good example of the opposite: the pro experience neglected in favor of casuals.

I don't say that with malice for casual players, either. Call of Duty has never been an intensely "pro-oriented" game.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of people glitching out the map is fucking insane!

last two games at least 6 people have been camped in out of map glitches!