Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® |OT| No Russian To Buy Lootboxes

What mode are you going to play first?

• Total voters

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Do we think the BR mode is gonna be free to play like rumors have suggested, or be implemented into MW?

I honestly can't decide. On one hand F2P would be the smart idea as it would be accessible to everyone. It would also become the premier CoD BR so future CoD games don't have to divert resources implement it.

On the other hand, I could see Activision being cynical enough to implement it into MW just to make more people buy the game.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Bought the game while it was on sale and finally played some of it today. Just been doing the usually MP but having fun with it. It’s been a while since I played COD. I don’t think I’ll ever go on crazy killstreaks but I’m actually having fun with it and getting pissed at myself for fucking up easy kills lol.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Do we think the BR mode is gonna be free to play like rumors have suggested, or be implemented into MW?

I honestly can't decide. On one hand F2P would be the smart idea as it would be accessible to everyone. It would also become the premier CoD BR so future CoD games don't have to divert resources implement it.

On the other hand, I could see Activision being cynical enough to implement it into MW just to make more people buy the game.
It will likely be a standalone F2P client but also just implemented into the current game since the game already has all of the files.

TRU

Nov 9, 2017

It is a very interesting question. On one hand Fortnite made a reported 1.8 billion last year being free. On the other hand COD MW made 1 Billion in three months. So its hard to say what Activision would view as the better strategy for revenue going forward between BUY MW and get the BR mode, or make it F2P?

Naru

May 11, 2019
Is the XP for every level of the season pass linear? Meaning, does every level need the same amount of XP or do you need more for higher levels?

Naru

May 11, 2019
Thanks.

How anyone can stomach even just one second of Shipment is totally beyond me. They could make a 500 square feet map with no walls or objects and people would probably beg for a 24/7 playlist.

TikeMyson1308

Nov 23, 2017
Just had a match on shipment with over 21000 XP... god, I love this chaotic, XP-bombing shit. In the last 2 hours went from officer rank 99 to 106 and did 2 and a half battle pass tiers. I'm really looking forward to coming 2XP weekend.

Gegz

Oct 25, 2017
How anyone can stomach even just one second of Shipment is totally beyond me. They could make a 500 square feet map with no walls or objects and people would probably beg for a 24/7 playlist.
Maybe because the map is better designed than every single new map in the game (Almost ruined by the changes they tried to made tho')

Last edited:

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Shipment can be fun, but it's amazing to me they made it worse than the original... I mean it's insanely tiny and simple and yet they couldn't even port it over correctly.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I hate Shipment but I'm trying to grind stuff so I'm always gonna spam it when it's available. It's fun if you can abuse the spawns at least.

I'd kill for a good COD that let me unlock stuff in whatever order I wanted, rather than slogging through trash for the handful of guns and attachments I want.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Bring back shoot house... please. Seriously, it's the only map I give a damn about in this game.

Bunga

Oct 29, 2017
Noticed a lot of people in this thread slogging through all the weapons to unlock everything and my question is this - why? There are a handful of guns that are vastly superior to the rest and only a handful again of useful attachments/perks. I play on PC so not sure if this is for achievements/trophies or something? I don't understand why you'd put yourself in the position of grinding on horrible maps with horrible weapons just to checkbox content?

Arcade55

Oct 27, 2017
Shipment is a blast when you can't actually pay full attention or just need to unwind.

But it gets grating fast I will admit.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Noticed a lot of people in this thread slogging through all the weapons to unlock everything and my question is this - why? There are a handful of guns that are vastly superior to the rest and only a handful again of useful attachments/perks. I play on PC so not sure if this is for achievements/trophies or something? I don't understand why you'd put yourself in the position of grinding on horrible maps with horrible weapons just to checkbox content?
Can only speak for myself but playing with one weapon with the same set of attachments is a very boring way to spend my time. I'm not a professional so there is no need to limit myself to just one or two weapons. That being said, there are plenty of weapons I won't end up using. Like snipers for example. Nor do I care about things like dark matter camo that appear in some versions that require people to use everything. Basically I tend to unlock stuff for all the normal AR's and SMG's and then a subset of what is left that interests me.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don’t play COD as a serious competitive game. If I wanted that I would start up CSGO. I don’t think the game is designed well enough to be taken seriously to be honest. Unlocking everything, grinding levels, getting an endorphin rush seeing numbers go up and bars fill up, that’s what COD has always been about to me and I’m just finding it really fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Who is designing these skin and bundle packs, its dumb as hell.

They gave the US Marine skin to an Australian operator
now they come out with a stereotype Australian bundle and give it to the freaking Texan operator

WTF are you doing art team?

Biw

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks.

I love it for what it is. Just a ridiculous cluster fuck of a map. It's fun, ya know?

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017

Speculation on my part but I’d bet money it’s F2P with some kind of incentive to owning MW (character skin unlocks, gun camos transferring over, etc)

Naru

May 11, 2019
I generally suck at this game while still having fun so a 1 K/D or lower is normal for me. But once in a while I go completely berserk like having a 20:0 run which feels like I am cheating or someone else has taken over. It's completely surreal. Not sure if it's the SBMM or what but it's crazy.

Also after the game turned in a stuttering mess all of a sudden and I did a PC restart it plays completely fine now. Like it never did before. Even FreeSync seems to work now without hitches. Weird.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
I could swear the 680 was buffed quite a bit. To me it‘s the best shotgun right now. The R9 was nerfed too much as well. On Shipment the Origin 12 is by far the best weapon tho lol

pretty sure the 680 has better range now. Playing the back to back, the 725 definitely has not the same one hit potential aiming at the upper torso. Got some impressive range hits with the 680 already.

PaulKersey

Oct 26, 2017
It was nerfed to death. I should have used it more when the game released.
I use it sometimes still (when the enemy team is filled with tryhards), and it still destroys people. Only part I hated was long range kills.

Sawed off barrel, sawed off stock/No stock, choke, sleight of hand, I think. Don't remember what 5th one I use. I'll look when I get home from work.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked a ton already (checked the last few pages but didn't see anything), but what is the latest on the battle royale mode for this game? Do we have a tentative date yet?

Friends and I are cooling on Apex a bit and we need something new to jump into. We tried going back to Blackout but it just wasn't fun anymore after all the QoL changes Apex made.

PaulKersey

Oct 26, 2017
It may just be in my head but when I use the choke I feel like I get way more consistent one shot hip fire kills at range.

Meanwhile whenever I use the silencer I get a lot of hit markers at the same ranges.
SAME! When I see people using the silencer I just laugh to myself. The choke is the one to use. Don't care what the numbers/graphs say, the choke works for me.

Arcade55

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked a ton already (checked the last few pages but didn't see anything), but what is the latest on the battle royale mode for this game? Do we have a tentative date yet?

Friends and I are cooling on Apex a bit and we need something new to jump into. We tried going back to Blackout but it just wasn't fun anymore after all the QoL changes Apex made.
There is literally no official news on the BR mode at all at this point. I don't even know that they have officially acknowledged it's existence even.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Well the 725 took some time to get used to again, but then it was decent. No gun for Shipment though. I just spray‘n pray with the Origin. Finally platin for shotguns, although they are the only weapons I really play with.

next up I‘m going to try to get that gold knife so I can run around with a platinum shield on my back lol

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017

I assume they'll at least let the first Season run it's course before announcing the BR mode.

TRU

Nov 9, 2017
Ive shelved this game about two weeks ago and went back to Blackout. I missed the strategy involved on BR vs the spawn/die/spawn/etc of MW mp

RingRang

Oct 2, 2019
The prices on these packages of loot are kind of nuts. I've never really gotten into these games with battle passes and cosmetic packs for sale, so I guess there must be people dropping $20 on a few skins and charms for their gun, but god damn that's a lot of money for a few trinkets.

It will likely be a standalone F2P client but also just implemented into the current game since the game already has all of the files.
I don't see them offering an official Call of Duty product for free. It would be a big step for Activision to do that.