• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 6 days, 19 hours, 6 minutes, 56 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® |OT| No Russian To Buy Lootboxes

What mode are you going to play first?

• Total voters

DixieDean82

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else going for all the officer challenge ribbons? I only have two left. It was easy to get a juggernaut, I just used the kill chain perk.

What do you get for getting them all? I never completed them all in Season 1.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
The prices on these packages of loot are kind of nuts. I've never really gotten into these games with battle passes and cosmetic packs for sale, so I guess there must be people dropping $20 on a few skins and charms for their gun, but god damn that's a lot of money for a few trinkets.

I don't see them offering an official Call of Duty product for free. It would be a big step for Activision to do that.
Call of Duty mobile is pretty decent

Roge_NES

Feb 18, 2018
Anyone else going for all the officer challenge ribbons? I only have two left. It was easy to get a juggernaut, I just used the kill chain perk.

You get an animated emblem, I got the one for season 1, not worth it IMO.

Triscuitable

Oct 27, 2017
There's a special place in hell for whoever put Hardpoint in Shipment. There's an even more special place for whoever put a spawn point dead center of the map, and whoever straightened the shipping crates.

So much wrong with this map. It's a classic that WWII got so right. How do you get it so wrong?

Bonney

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.

Have 3 left. Actually got the Juggernaut challenge completed yesterday using the care package. So that counts I guess.

DixieDean82

Oct 27, 2017
I just checked on my battlepass and holy crap this thing moves slow lol I'm not sure I will get to the end before it resets.

TikeMyson1308

Nov 23, 2017
I'm on tier 61 currently. I hope I can make it to 100 the next 24 days. About 2 tiers a day. Considering that this weekend is 2XP with shipment 24/7 and hopefully another 2XP-Tier event before it ends things look good that I don't have to pay any extra money.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing no one's found a way to reduce the installation size on PC? Something like deleting certain files/bundles like you could do with Doom 2016 or something.

DixieDean82

Oct 27, 2017
Now that I'm at level 155 and done the officer challengers I think I'm going to go back to BLOPS 4 until the new season starts. It will be nice to get away from the campers, anyway.

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
For those of you not aware the "official Era MW discord" was pretty much dead and abandoned so a few of us made another (not Era exclusive mind you) server to group up on and play. Not a ton always active but a few of us always are in case anyone's looking to group up. All are welcome - more the merrier.

Quote to show Discord link
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Arcade55

Oct 27, 2017
Shipment is so useful for leveling up guns you haven't used. I almost maxed out the GS.50 last night in a few hours just blasting 50+ every shipment game with it haha.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Do you have crossplay off? Or are you using M&K and not controller?
M&K and CP on. I am also only playing the same 4 or 5 maps for whatever reason. No filters on. I did check them out on private play and there are many that I have never played in the 10-ish hours I am playing this game. Weird.

TikeMyson1308

Nov 23, 2017
Infinity Ward in 2019 be like:

Infinity Ward in 2020 after "new year, new me":

Given to them... the thread on reddit was about character skins, but still...

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
M&K and CP on. I am also only playing the same 4 or 5 maps for whatever reason. No filters on. I did check them out on private play and there are many that I have never played in the 10-ish hours I am playing this game. Weird.
Yeah, likely due to using M&K. Since even with Crossplay on it will only pair you with other M&K users. If you use a controller you will likely get many more matches.

Infinity Ward in 2019 be like:

Infinity Ward in 2020 after "new year, new me":

Given to them... the thread on reddit was about character skins, but still...
IW in 2020? There's been skins like that since the store launched with season 1 lol.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that's true, I get matched up with and against console players all the time on PC using M&K.
If they're playing with someone on PC whose using M&K it will use mix lobbies. Otherwise matchmaking is input method based. I play against PC users but they're all using controllers.

Naru

May 11, 2019
If they're playing with someone on PC whose using M&K it will use mix lobbies. Otherwise matchmaking is input method based. I play against PC users but they're all using controllers.
Hmm not sure. I had lobbies where I was the only one on PC with M&K the rest was on PS4 or XbX with controller.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm not sure. I had lobbies where I was the only one on PC with M&K the rest was on PS4 or XbX with controller.
Hm. I know it is input-based. You can have option for it in the menu and by default it's set to only do Controller to Controller or M&K to M&K. Though there is times where it glitches out and messes up. I haven't played against a M&K user in over a month despite crossplay being on.

Bunga

Oct 29, 2017
That's really weird Kalentan. I don't think I've ever played with or against any PC players using controllers but almost every game is a mix of PS4/XBOX players and PC with M&K...

RecRoulette

Oct 25, 2017
Got killed 3 times in a row in a Play of the game thanks to shipment spawns, lmao

Also what's up with Team Deathmatch in there? I had a challenge for it all week and nothing, now that double XP is on I feel like most of my shipment 24/7 matches are TDM.

Triscuitable

Oct 27, 2017
does the exp needed for Tiers get progressively higher as you progress? (BattlePass)
No, it works something like this:

1000xp = 1%
1 minute in-game time = 1%

The amount needed to rank up never changes. However, with double XP, you're earning twice as many points, so it's safe to say that if you're a decent slayer and PTFO, you'll progress a decent bit faster. Not as fast as double tiers, but still faster than regular.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's unfortunately just way too big to have installed at all times, which is a goddamn shame since I'd like to jump in for a game or two every now and then.
Exactly and I just do not understand why this game has gone from like 120gb to 164gb when all they added are cosmetics and a few maps. What the hell is going on over at IW. Their anti-theft encryption gone nuts? How is a call of duty game the largest game I own? And why have they taken literally zero convenience steps... like separating multiplayer for instance.

RecRoulette

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly and I just do not understand why this game has gone from like 120gb to 164gb when all they added are cosmetics and a few maps. What the hell is going on over at IW. Their anti-theft encryption gone nuts? How is a call of duty game the largest game I own? And why have they taken literally zero convenience steps... like separating multiplayer for instance.
I hope that when they add the eventual Battle Royale mode folks don't need to download that much more because they've been slowly downloading the map through the new Spec Ops missions

Orb

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Hardpoint spawns on Shipment make me want to gouge my eyes out. I genuinely don't understand how they can be this bad.

Daffy Duck

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The game will be over 200Gb when the battle royale ships.

it really is a joke.

even MW:R is like 90Gb....I mean seriously?

Naru

May 11, 2019
SBMM or not, lobbies get suuuper sweaty on weekends. I am not really good to begin with but I totally suck ass on weekends. When you play with players that are equally bad as you, you probably end up with much more campers I believe. You know, people that die a lot and tend to hang back in one location rather than running and gunning. Yesterday was the first time I had to stop playing because it wasn't fun anymore and I even got kinda angry.

Daffy Duck

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SBMM or not, lobbies get suuuper sweaty on weekends. I am not really good to begin with but I totally suck ass on weekends. When you play with players that are equally bad as you, you probably end up with much more campers I believe. You know, people that die a lot and tend to hang back in one location rather than running and gunning. Yesterday was the first time I had to stop playing because it wasn't fun anymore and I even got kinda angry.
Always been the way with CoD. I find the same thing too historically. Double XP weekends get sweaty as well, and so does late night gaming sessions 11pm onwards, my most enjoyable games are during the day. Daytime weekend sessions aren’t too bad either.

Triscuitable

Oct 27, 2017
The game will be over 200Gb when the battle royale ships.

it really is a joke.

even MW:R is like 90Gb....I mean seriously?
As we move into the next gen and 4K becomes a more common native display resolution, you should expect to see high-res textures follow suit. My understanding is that high bitrate audio already takes up a decent amount of a game's install size, but textures are the real meat. Hell, the 4K texture packs for games like Fallout 4 and Rainbow 6 Siege basically double the install size, and those are in older games where it's optional to use those high-res textures.

Bonney

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.
Hm. I know it is input-based. You can have option for it in the menu and by default it's set to only do Controller to Controller or M&K to M&K. Though there is times where it glitches out and messes up. I haven't played against a M&K user in over a month despite crossplay being on.
Yeah, we don't have those options on PC, it's just crossplay enabled or disabled. I play quite a bit and I get matched up with controller users on console almost every match. And honestly, I'm not really that big of a fan. Aim assist is just way too strong. It turns their guns into flippin lasers. If I turn it off though, then I wait forever to get matches.

Last edited: