• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018
Why do I get put with level 130+ players when I'm only 37? Is there no balanced matchmaking in this game? It's insane.

There is skill based matchmaking - the better you do, the tougher the players you go up against will be.

Level is indicative of nothing but time played. Plenty of low skill players put in the time to rank up.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
There is skill based matchmaking - the better you do, the tougher the players you go up against will be.

Level is indicative of nothing but time played. Plenty of low skill players put in the time to rank up.
Well that explains why after a good series of dominant games I've been put with top players and getting handily trounced and humbled.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Tbh I believe it's more like "playing time maximizing matchmaking". The game puts me in some lobbies I am roasted in to the point I want to stop playing and in that moment I am in lobbies in which I absolutely dominate. It's strange.

Naru

May 11, 2019
The system seems to focus more on evening out your W/L than trying to match you with equally skilled players. That's why you either get roasted or dominate the other team, which is my experience too.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten used to it but the method around that boomerang effect is to join the games of the folks that have the lowest k/d at the end of any given match.

interesting, I'll give this a try. Thanks! It really ruins the flow of the game. Also, does cross play allow PC players on mouse/KB?

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
All talk before launch indicated it shouldn't, but read things online that indicated it wasn't the case so who knows.
The reason I ask is because I've watched kill clips in the game where the aim moves as if it was controlled by a mouse, not a controller. I could believe mouse/KB players are part of crossplay, so I've disabled it. Fuck that.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The reason I ask is because I've watched kill clips in the game where the aim moves as if it was controlled by a mouse, not a controller. I could believe mouse/KB players are part of crossplay, so I've disabled it. Fuck that.

as I play ground war I've seen exactly the same thing in killcams too and it's clear as day when you were killed by a m/kB player, fortunately I believe there's advantages for controller Players like extra aim assist.

Naru

May 11, 2019
I must be doing things wrong because I've got a WLR of like 2.1.
Nah, if you are really good at the game and can even carry a team then of course you will have more wins. My experience is that I either can be top 2 or suck ass, meaning I play against people that are either way better than me or way worse than me. If I am the best on my team that really means something... because I suck lol I never had the feeling that I play with or against people around my skill level. I have a W/L of exactly 1.0 As always YMMV.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
as I play ground war I've seen exactly the same thing in killcams too and it's clear as day when you were killed by a m/kB player, fortunately I believe there's advantages for controller Players like extra aim assist.

I don't disagree with your point about aim assist, but a m/KB player running and gunning with an smg is unstoppable. They can aim much faster than a controller.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Havent played since Crash came out.

Did they ever address the bigger issues with the game's balancing and SBMM? Are people disappointed in Vacant? I dont really care for Shipment.

Did they ever fix spawns? Further improvements to footsteps or map flow?

Is 3v3 Gunfight any good? I may hop on for that alone.

They are just dead set on how the game is then? I thought I read a random comment on a "big patch" happening?

At this point, the SBMM in this game doesn't seem any different than any other game going back more than a decade at least. Newer players are generally put with other newer players and experienced players will tend to be against more experienced players. The individual algorithms have changed with time but the concept and result is the same. They'll all take a variety of factors including player skill and connection to make the best match out of the available pool. None of the evidence really shows anything beyond that. I thought there was something more too but really I think it's a lot of confirmation bias. Also I think some people were coming off of Black Ops IV which inflated your kills and K/D by giving you a kill for any amount of assisting (like Overwatch) while this is more in line with other games and past CoDs. Might be a reality check for some people.

On the battle royale, I feel a BR with this gameplay would be the best one on the market for me. I think you just need a bit more durability than the current MP and it will be great. As long as they nail the menu and stuff like that.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
It honestly surprises me that people are down on the SBMM in this game. Seems to work great for me. SBMM works in games like COD because you can adjust your load out mid game, so a lot of the randomness can be dealt with.

It feels much better here than it does in Apex, where SBMM doesn't belong.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Gold for shield and knife didn't take nearly as long as I expected. Still annoying. Had to play SUPER patient.

Damascus achieved! Feels good, now I want to go for all reticles and I will have everything in the game complete. Good thing new challenges will be here in a few days for the Crossbow!

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018
Gold for shield and knife didn't take nearly as long as I expected. Still annoying. Had to play SUPER patient.

Damascus achieved! Feels good, now I want to go for all reticles and I will have everything in the game complete. Good thing new challenges will be here in a few days for the Crossbow!
Congrats on Damascus!! Quite an achievement.
Personally despise riot shields, shotguns, and knives so decided to not go after it.

Doing assorted reticle challenges now - that blue reticle dot is a nice carrot for the grind. Maybe pointless since I prefer most iron sights...

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man I had some awful matches last night. Unsure if it's because I'm trying to make the FAL/FAMAS work or not...

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else play ground war on the one x and notice how fucking loss poor the graphics are now?

like there's all sorts of weird graphical nonsense going on with the maps, it's horrible, was fine at launch. My xbox isn't dying either as other games are perfect.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the juggernaut ribbon challenge would be hard to get. Turns out it's super easy thanks to drop zone being available. Got it in my first game.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I have literally seen mouse icons in team deathmatch lobbies. So yes, they are absolutely matching controller players against mouse players if you have crossplay enabled.

Now I should note I have not seen this a lot, but it does happen here and there.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Hooray for more loadouts!

I can finally have a dedicated loadout for challenges that I'll happily futz around with and I can stop fiddling with my go-tos.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thank god for more loadouts. I play S&D with a friend and when he's not on I play Domination/TDM/HQ etc. so I've essentially had half my slots taken up by S&D loadouts and the other by non-S&D lol. Now I can do whatever!

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to dunk on all the newbies trading their M4s for marksman rifles for the first time to unlock the crossbow... and also to be dunked on by the marksman rifle players who finally have an excuse to use the Kar98k up close and wreck my shit.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Glad about the loadouts and this sounds stupid... but I REALLY hope they let me configure a numpad button to selecting them... BO4 didn't have that for anything passed the initial 5 and that sucked.

Also excited about the crossbow!

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see what the update breaks.

they said adding CaC slots caused bugs so I'm expecting loads to slip through.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
It's amazing how often the daily challenges are broken. Two days in a row I've had challenges that straight up didn't work.

Todays 50 kills with an assault rifle should be pretty simple, but of course it's broken. Just completed two matches with the Kilo and it shows me having nothing for that challenge. 🙄

GusFacsimile

Oct 25, 2017
T h ats
I thought the juggernaut ribbon challenge would be hard to get. Turns out it's super easy thanks to drop zone being available. Got it in my first game.
Ahh thank you, forgot all about that game mode. Been grinding through care packages in standard modes hoping to get lucky. I'll try this next time I play. This is the last ribbon I need.

GusFacsimile

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how often the daily challenges are broken. Two days in a row I've had challenges that straight up didn't work.

Todays 50 kills with an assault rifle should be pretty simple, but of course it's broken. Just completed two matches with the Kilo and it shows me having nothing for that challenge. 🙄

On regular missions once I did a challenge and when it rolled on to the next one it stopped tracking. I activated another challenge, then went back and reactivated this one and it started tracking again. For Daily's not sure how to try 'resetting' them. Maybe If there is a regular assault rifle challenge you could activate that see if it tracks and then likewise maybe the daily would too?

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
On regular missions once I did a challenge and when it rolled on to the next one it stopped tracking. I activated another challenge, then went back and reactivated this one and it started tracking again. For Daily's not sure how to try 'resetting' them. Maybe If there is a regular assault rifle challenge you could activate that see if it tracks and then likewise maybe the daily would too?
They ended up fixing this one on their end, as I got back on later and it began tracking immediately.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glad about the loadouts and this sounds stupid... but I REALLY hope they let me configure a numpad button to selecting them... BO4 didn't have that for anything passed the initial 5 and that sucked.

Also excited about the crossbow!

Dude you know you can just press 1-5 on your keyboard to select the different load outs? Lol.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to dunk on all the newbies trading their M4s for marksman rifles for the first time to unlock the crossbow... and also to be dunked on by the marksman rifle players who finally have an excuse to use the Kar98k up close and wreck my shit.

Oh is that one of the challenges? I love using marksman rifles lol

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Finally unlocked the RAM-7. Didn't play this season as much as Season 0 out of frustration with the hit detection, but oh well.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Has IW said if they're banning people for doing the out of map exploits on ground war?

The amount of nukes I see on ground war cause of them is ridiculous.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Has IW said if they're banning people for doing the out of map exploits on ground war?

The amount of nukes I see on ground war cause of them is ridiculous.
Call of Duty has been notoriously soft when it comes to punishing exploiters and quitters. I doubt they ban anyone for that, but I definitely think they should.