• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Can't play online without the update anyways it's not like you can play if you don't update.

I didn't get this screen when I booted the game luckily I'm not sure what's causing it for some people and not others.

( I checked if my profile was broken and then turned the game off since this update isn't adding anything to improve the game.)

I only have MP installed on my ps4 so maybe that has something to do with it I deleted campaign and spec ops.

Ya but I don't have a broken update and can wait until they release the proper update with the "reset fix" instead of already having it on my Hard drive when I get home from work.

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a 240GB SSD
Windows takes up 40GB
There's only 188GB left
The current before the patch is 144GB or 140GB
I don't think I can even update
RIP fam 🙏💔😢

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have a 240GB SSD
Windows takes up 40GB
There's only 188GB left
The current before the patch is 144GB or 140GB
I don't think I can even update
RIP fam 🙏💔😢

To be honest, the games size and patches is why I took it off my SSD a while ago. You really don't need an SSD for COD as the only time you are loading a lot of stuff in is when changing maps and then you still gotta wait for everyone else/the spawn timer anyway.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, someone in games press needs to take a look at the DL sizes for this game and ask IW questions. It's ABSURD. What is going on over there? Why are the patches so insanely large? They need to get their shit together ASAP.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why wont this stupid little green box they use for indicating new unlocks go away on the filter menu I dont' see anything I'm missing and it won't go away. :(

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I don't even think IW is just stubborn anymore, I now think they are so incompetent they are afraid they'd break the damn game beyond their ability to repair it if they changed the stuff people asked for.

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
Why wont this stupid little green box they use for indicating new unlocks go away on the filter menu I dont' see anything I'm missing and it won't go away. :(
Sometimes mine doesn't even show the green dots to indicate I unlocked something. Anyways check your secondary and scope equipped on your weapon (different dots will trigger the green prompt show up)

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Nice to see a $300mil+ league starting this weekend only for basic shit like flags being captured faster in Domination if you're doing so with multiple player still not working if you have CDL settings enabled

YourFriend

Nov 15, 2017
Not only is this 30 plus Gbps on PS4 for me, I had to check for update to start the first download, then start the game which started the spec ops download, then I had to go into multiplayer before it prompted me to download the multiplayer pack download. This is just stupid timing and rollout for an update this big.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know why my framerates is locked to 30fps after the update? All my graphics settings didn't change.

Edit: Nvm. Restarting fixed it.

Last edited:

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I totally forgot about the update, I just started downloading. Thank god for this new connection, it's a whopping huge download.
I hope they managed to fit in at least double the loadout slots.

-Patch notes:

New
  • Playlist Update: Added Capure the Flag and Shoot the Ship (Removes Shoot House 24/7) playlists! We also added Aniyah Palace back into rotation
  • 5 additional loadout slots!
  • New Weapon – Crossbow! Unlocked by using a Marksman Rifle with a Reflex Optic, get 5 kills in 25 different matches!

General

• In some cases, players could hit an invisible kill trigger in a bush that would cause them to die instantly while near A Flag on Port. This has been fixed.
  • Fixed an out of bounds exploit on Aniyah Palace
  • Temporarily removing Krovnik Farmland out of rotation while we work on a few bugs
  • Fix for a bug that could lock a PC player's FOV at 60 until they respawn while in Ground War
  • The "Stand Together" calling card (3 Wins in Team Deathmatch) was being awarded even though this calling card is earned by default. This has been adjusted to the "Redemption" calling card.
  • The Daily Challenge for getting "10 Claymore Kills" was awarding the "One Shot" spray which is unlocked by default. This has been adjusted to the "Soft Serve" spray.
  • Fix for an issue where the playlist filter would not switch game modes, even with multiple modes selected
  • Adjusted the damage threshold for "Get X Kills while Injured" challenge to make it a bit easier to obtain
  • Various out-of-map exploit fixes
  • Fix for a few graphical errors that could occur on Ground War maps
  • Infected: Fixed a bug where the Nuke effects and audio will interrupt and overlap the final killcam if called in after death of the final survivor
  • Fixes to the Recent Players list appearing incorrectly on Xbox
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to capture the Hardpoint while in the hotel on St. Petrograd
  • Adjusted the obituary to remove the oldest items first
  • Fixed a bug that would reset Voice Chat settings after the application was hard closed
  • Fix for a bug that allowed player collision. This has been fixed
  • Players can no longer cancel their recovery state when sliding, but will always incur the standard fire delay (visually the player will still respond)
  • On Shipment, players are able to set Care Packages on spawn points, causing players to die instantly when spawning in on these points. This has been fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where the Elite Xbox One controller had a slight bounce back with the analog sticks
  • Fixed a bug that could give players invincibility
  • Fix for some Officer Progression emblems not displaying the correct rarity
  • Fixed an issue that would lock Operator missions despite having the correct Battle Pass Tier

Field Upgrades:

• Fixed a bug where using the 'Stopping Power Rounds' Field Upgrade with an empty C4 slot would cause the C4 detonator to appear before reloading with the Stopping Power Rounds
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations while manipulating the Weapon Drop Field Upgrade
  • Fixed a bug that allowed the Recon Drone to fly into geo if C4 was thrown onto it
  • Fix for Stopping Power Rounds not applying the correct damage boost to headshots

Trophy System:

• Increased protection radius
  • Decreased the radius and the damage taken by trophy explosions
  • Fixed a bug where the explosion damage and effects wouldn't trigger for the third explosion

Killstreaks:

• Fixed a bug that allowed the Cruise Missile to kill players while out of bounds on Shipment

-- Apparently there's a risk of losing your stats according to posts on the previous page.
I haven't run into that on PC. But it won't let me select a new loadout lol, just exits out.

-Okay I solved the issue with the loadouts, if you hover over an existing loadout and then select copy and replace over a new blank one, it will let you access it.

Last edited:
May 12, 2019
-Okay I solved the issue with the loadouts, if you hover over an existing loadout and then select copy and replace over a new blank one, it will let you access it.

I love so much about this game, i really do, and I don't believe in shitting on developers (hell we all fuck up at work) but how on earth did this patch get released in this condition? How do things get more broken as time goes on? I gotta believe a dev actually tried the thing before shipping and realized one of the banner features doesn't work on PCs

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I love so much about this game, i really do, and I don't believe in shitting on developers (hell we all fuck up at work) but how on earth did this patch get released in this condition? How do things get more broken as time goes on? I gotta believe a dev actually tried the thing before shipping and realized one of the banner features doesn't work on PCs
I think it's a small mistake - they all came with a blank name but usually it won't let you rename something without entering something.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I just tested in a private match, shooting the crossbow does indeed mark you on the map despite the description for the weapon saying silent and agile

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
30 GIGS FOR A CROSSBOW?

I have to assume they are code prepping for S2.

Is the weird sign in issue fixed?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Am I on someones shit list at Infinity Ward?

Every fucking match is the sweatiest players alive. Every single lobby has the enemy team reacting with only computer level precision.

It's so frustrating.

ThirstyFly

Oct 28, 2017
Did anyone else have issues download the updates on PS4?

I got the "Version 1.13" update, and then "Multiplayer Pack 2" and "Special Ops Pack". I even watched the Special Ops Pack finish downloading.

But then when I launched the game and went into the MP menu, it started downloading the Special Ops Pack again, and it being installed has vanished from my notifications. Now I'm sitting here waiting 3 hours for it to finish to see if it's going to work or not.

Edit, yeah, okay doesn't look like I'm the only one.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else have issues download the updates on PS4?

I got the "Version 1.13" update, and then "Multiplayer Pack 2" and "Special Ops Pack". I even watched the Special Ops Pack finish downloading.

But then when I launched the game and went into the MP menu, it started downloading the Special Ops Pack again, and it being installed has vanished from my notifications. Now I'm sitting here waiting 3 hours for it to finish to see if it's going to work or not.

Edit, yeah, okay doesn't look like I'm the only one.

MP Pack 2 seems to be new since it says released 1/22.

Likely Season 2 shit.

ThirstyFly

Oct 28, 2017
So, new problem with the patch. Yay.

I have the game installed on the internal drive in my PS4, and I had the default install location set to a 2tb external drive for other stuff. I had no problems installing the patches to the internal before, but today's 9 GB Multiplayer Patch 2 says it installed to the external drive somehow, even though the game itself is still on the internal drive.

I've tried disconnecting the external, and the game tries to redownload MP Pack 2 (as well as Special Ops Pack which is glitched). Reconnecting the external drive and lauching the game does not make me redownload it, since it thinks it's on the external.

How the hell does it store a patch on a totally different drive than the game? Where the hell is it actually saved? Did I just lose 9 GB on my external I cannot delete? Nothing shows up for Modern Warfare in the PS4's storage menu on the external.

ThirstyFly

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that was happening to me.

After downloading MP pack that seemed to resolve it? I'm guessing not for you? Can you stop the download and see if you can get past the prompt?

Yeah, the MP pack downloaded, and I can play normal MP. But as soon as I get into the MP menu it starts to redownload the spec ops patch. I have not tired going into the spec ops menu yet, and don't have any interest in playing it as it is anyway.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel I should wait a day or two just in case something else turns out to be terrible with this patch lol.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Happens when you used a gun you haven't unlocked yet via blueprints. Then you level and unlock stuff for that gun but you can not access the gunsmith to "mouse over" to make the green dot go away. Annoying I know.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
They pulled 5 loadouts and added 5 loadouts...

Edit: Nope, they're still there, but only visible during a match.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I wonder if the lag/rubber banding has been fixed?

The last 4 nights for me (in aust) with friends has been so painful. So much rubber banding. I throw down a land mine, then suddenly i am somewhere else, and the land mine still hasn't been thrown.

Not to mention the amount of wasted cruise missles lol

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I already despise the Crossbow challenge. Why didn't they just make it 125 kills as a requirement. It shouldn't be hard to get 5 kills during one match, but I just failed it miserably by missing one kill...

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They want to force more people to use marksman rifles, probably because no one was using them due to them being rubbish outside hardcore.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
No, not the Kar98. The Kar98 is bolt action. I think it's called Mark 2 or something. I've found that if you hit upper torse or head with the riffle it's a 1 shot kill.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
No, not the Kar98. The Kar98 is bolt action. I think it's called Mark 2 or something. I've found that if you hit upper torse or head with the riffle it's a 1 shot kill.

I found that even the Mark 2 is pretty inconsistent. I also get a lot of hitmarkers with that thing.

I'm with Hamchan the marksman rifles are really underwhemling in this game. They should probably get a better upper torso multiplier or something to make them more viable.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ahh ok, I haven't used a single marksman rifle as they are all absolute trash.

I play ground war and they are nothing but hit market machines, I mean you can use an SMG at longer range than those things.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
^yep

On hardcore mode the marksman rifles are fantastic, and quite fun but you have to nail the first shot usually.

One hit kills even to the leg. I was actually just doing the gold skins for the marksmans before the crossbow came out so I'm not too far off.

I was curious if I unlocked the platinum, and they added a new gun to that range, would you lose the platinum?

One thing I don't get with marksman rifles is what's the point of the Presence of mind perk, you don't hold your breath anyway...

Last edited:

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, is there a bug with the new Special Ops pack? I first downloaded it (at the same time as i downloaded some mulitplayer pack), then i try to start co-op, but the game says that i'm missing a pack, and it starts to download the Special Ops pack again. I thought "maybe i didnt have enough space since i downloaded two packs at the same time earlier", and i downloaded the Special Ops pack again.

The PS4 finishes the download again and says that it has installed it. I start the game, and the exact same thing happen, says that i'm missing a pack and it starts to download the pack again.

Anyone else have this issue? I've tried to reboot the PS4, still the same problem. I havnt tried to rebuild the PS4 database yet. I'll try that soon if this download also fails to install.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Happens when you used a gun you haven't unlocked yet via blueprints. Then you level and unlock stuff for that gun but you can not access the gunsmith to "mouse over" to make the green dot go away. Annoying I know.
It's not on any of the equipment or guns tho. I have a green mark on the filter tab for the Core Playlist cant seem to make it go away.