Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® |OT| No Russian To Buy Lootboxes

What mode are you going to play first?

• Total voters

TRU

Nov 9, 2017
I'm hoping I'm wrong because I do not want to have to wait until fall 2020 for the BR mode, but I have to think there might be a good chance that BR will BE THE NEW COD FOR 2020. Seeing all the issues MW is having with a full dev cycle, I am having a really hard time imagining that 3Arch will be able to put any type of game out this fall with a year less dev. time and current AND next gen systems to program for.

RingRang

Oct 2, 2019
I'm hoping I'm wrong because I do not want to have to wait until fall 2020 for the BR mode, but I have to think there might be a good chance that BR will BE THE NEW COD FOR 2020. Seeing all the issues MW is having with a full dev cycle, I am having a really hard time imagining that 3Arch will be able to put any type of game out this fall with a year less dev. time and current AND next gen systems to program for.
You will definitely see a new COD game this fall. Even if it means Treyarch delivering another game without a campaign.

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
So after the update, the game is making me download the online and spec ops portion again??? Can only access single player, WTF??

Oct 27, 2017
I have stopped playing this game since November and have kept it only for the small hope/chance that it gets a huge overhaul like WW2 did, and the people in charge are replaced by some competent people. Now checking in the latest update to see some credible decent changes to the game and lol jesus christ how the mighty has fallen.
I think it’s coming it’s jsut gonna take awhile, it didn’t happen in WW2 till about April. I say this since the big survey they sent out focused on all the hot topic issues. The thing is the changes will come at a time when most are done with the game or moving towards the next Blops.
Yep. At some point Activision needs to pull a Condrey and clean house.
One could hope.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
That's unlikely. So much of the BR is done, they would have to sit on it for the next 8 months before releasing it. I just don't see them doing that.

Plus the original leak said they wanted to release it at launch but had to delay it to early 2020.

Last edited:

Miggytronz

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
Finally unlocked the RAM-7. Didn't play this season as much as Season 0 out of frustration with the hit detection, but oh well.
So what do you think? Zyzomys believes that it's no better than a 2x4 brought to a gun fight. I actually really enjoy the gun. It has a SMG feel to it with the RPM, but it can be played at a distance too.
Ram7 is my favorite ar.
I like the RAM, just dislike its aim down sights speed. its utter trash. I have to prefire around corners alot with it.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Another patch another bunch of bugs if this were any other industry heads would have rolled for this level of incompetence on display.

Arcade55

Oct 27, 2017
I've said this before but the amount of money this game makes every year and the fact that it's so horrible made is truly shocking. The bugs and incomplete product are just....how? How do you have the number 1 selling game ten years in a row and this is the fucking shit you produce with that?

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
So I downloaded all the patches yesterday and didn’t have any issues with that stats pop up. I booted my game up today but was stuck at the splash screen so I restarted the console and now it’s trying to download 73 gb? Wtf IW, ps4 btw.

Oct 27, 2017
I’m not playing this game until they fix this shit. Why do I have to download a spec ops pack every time I turn the game on? I don’t even play spec ops

Yogi

Nov 10, 2019
The crossbow is fucking amazing. Opens up a whole new style of play with the timed explosive arrows. Great to lay down at entrances and make your way safely and even keep them from coming out. Also fucking hilarious, kill someone with the arrow from miles away and his buddy goes a second later. Been playing on hardcore mode with a M+KB with crossplay against controller players and I've been having a BLAST AHAHAHA

Also the pistols are OP, the 1911 in hardcore mode...just *mwwwhah*

I start off the round looking to get a kill with the bow but it takes so long to reload so I pretty much always switch to a pistol after the shot until I'm safe to reload.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I too have the spec ops download loop going on. If I cancel it, I can play regular multi just fine. Hopefully it’ll get fixed soon.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Yep keeps trying to install pack 1 over and over. Annoying AF.
Thanks for the answer. Good to know that i'm not the only one because i thought maybe something could be wrong with my PS4. I tried to rebuild the database, but that didnt help either (i didnt really expect it to change anything, but at least i've tried it and can rule it out).

TRU

Nov 9, 2017
As Crazy Ralph tried to warn the Counselors in Friday the 13th "you are all doomed if you go to camp blood",
This COD dev warned us what would happen if they added extra Custom Slots.......

"Its in mainline back at the studio and we've been tinkering with it. I'm not sure which update it's in, but I think its next," Emslie, posting under the screenname artpeasant, said in response to a reddit post calling for additional custom loadout slots. "Believe it or not, it can cause horrible bugs if not tested properly."

And in both cases no one listened!

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
As Crazy Ralph tried to warn the Counselors in Friday the 13th "you are all doomed if you go to camp blood",
This COD dev warned us what would happen if they added extra Custom Slots.......

"Its in mainline back at the studio and we've been tinkering with it. I'm not sure which update it's in, but I think its next," Emslie, posting under the screenname artpeasant, said in response to a reddit post calling for additional custom loadout slots. "Believe it or not, it can cause horrible bugs if not tested properly."

lol we have no one to blame but ourselves I guess

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017

We were the author of all our pain all along.

TRU

Nov 9, 2017
Are we to blame if they didn't test adequately? This was the first Call of Duty game not to include a means to get more than the default five create-a-class slots. I wouldn't blame the fans for wanting something better.
Please...life is not that serious lol. This post wasn't meant to be taken so literal (which is why I threw in the Friday the 13th joke). I was just pointing out that the devs foreshadowed these current problems if they added new slots and I figured not many on here knew or remembered that quote.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's my friends are just bored with the game now or tired of the issues but a majority of them have stopped playing the game.

Oct 27, 2017

I know you’re joking but it’s ridiculous that something that’s been in the series since 2007 is causing problems and wasn’t in the game at launch. Maybe this is why they weren’t in the game at launch.

Naru

May 11, 2019
That shader installation thing is fucking annoying. I installed the update -> shader install from 0%, now I updated my GPU drivers -> shader install from 0%. It's 2020 why do we have this kind of shit?

On a positive note, I just played one round of CTF and it seems like it's fun. Edit: scratch that, it's super campy if you happen to end up in a console lobby.

Last edited:

Triscuitable

Oct 27, 2017
I initially scoffed at the "5 kills over 25 matches" challenge for the crossbow, given how it's obviously meant to be a huge timesink, but it wound up teaching me that the lever action is extremely fun, if a bit jank.

Seriously, limb multipliers are the most annoying and pointless addition Infinity Ward could've possibly made. All it does it make gunfights feel more inconsistent.