• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Five matches in a row where we got dominated with 50 to 200, 0 to 6 in SD, 1 to 5 in Cyberattack. Enemy team every guy runs with a golden weapon. Why do I, as an average gamer who plays three times a week get matched with people who play nothing else? Fuck that matchmaking.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to complete the officer challenge to get two quad feeds and I can't even get one. Spamming cluster strikes and RPGs in hardcore shipment and hoping I get lucky. Maybe ground war is the place to do it instead.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I got a nice comment about my golden crossbow yesterday. Some English bloke on the other team at the end of the match, talking to someone on my team saying I'm a sway bastard with the golden crossbow (killed him a lot, some crazy shots like jumping close range headshots). I love that you can hear them when you kill them. Can they hear you?

I was hitting up HC shipment for the three kills without dying camouflage unlocks for the marksman rifles...it's frustrating - I kept switching to the pistol for revenge. I've given up on it for today. For that, groundwar is probably better anyway.

Also, I hate these teams that play together that just non-stop whine about dying. Constantly chatting. I know it's going to be a loss, you can't even hear the footsteps. Even if I mute them, they can't hear a thing. The more they talk the worse they do.

Trying to complete the officer challenge to get two quad feeds and I can't even get one. Spamming cluster strikes and RPGs in hardcore shipment and hoping I get lucky. Maybe ground war is the place to do it instead.
Grab an MP5 and go hunting in HC shipment. You'll have a decent chance at running into a bunch of people spawning. Or you could try a wheelson so you have more survivability.

Last edited:

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I play Infected, find a good spot for myself away from the crowds who hunker down together, and wait until I'm one of the last few survivors. Then I make my location known and mow down a few players from a hard to reach position before they get me. That's how I get quad feeds.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Does anyone know if the aim assist has been fixed on PC with a controller. AS in the aim assist on PC is far weaker than on consoles give controller PC players a big disadvantage?

I'm expecting the answer to be no...

Do any of you guys play MW on PC with a controller? How do you find it?

Thanks.
Well i just played a round of free for all and won, and then i got into a game of domination and got killed 4 times in a row so i quit. So i dont know what it is with this game.

Controller seems to work fine to me, i dont feel it being unfair compared with the people i match up with.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I wonder if I should just announce myself to be a hypocrite and just start using stuff like the MP5, the M4, and the Kilo.

I've avoided using the Kilo after I found out it was OP. And the only time I've used an MP5 and M4 is from gunfight.

Edit: I know it's getting really tin foily but honestly I'm convinced that SBMM in this is far more than just the matchmaking. I swear it factors into how you spawn and hit detection. Anytime you do good, the next matches will try to fuck up your day in every way.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Wait... have they changed that we stay in the same lobby after a match? I only had time for 3 matches yesterday and I swear most players have been the same. Also when the matches were over and the game searches for another lobby the players displayed on the left stayed nearly the same, normally the list disappears until another lobby is found. Bug or change?

Oct 25, 2017
I just want the damn Domino skin I've been waiting on since launch,

Also the Allegiance operator on the left
2m2bcm0bs8y31.png

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018
Sometimes I wonder if I should just announce myself to be a hypocrite and just start using stuff like the MP5, the M4, and the Kilo.

I've avoided using the Kilo after I found out it was OP. And the only time I've used an MP5 and M4 is from gunfight.

Edit: I know it's getting really tin foily but honestly I'm convinced that SBMM in this is far more than just the matchmaking. I swear it factors into how you spawn and hit detection. Anytime you do good, the next matches will try to fuck up your day in every way.

I would say that there's nothing dishonorable about using the Kilo. It is an on-meta weapon, but it is far from OP and is so fun that it would be a shame not to play with it.

The MP5 is undoubtedly OP, but the guns in this game are basically characters, and it seems appropriate that in 2019's Modern Warfare that the MP5 would be the dominant weapon.

I kinda despise the M4. Contrast the sound, the recoil, the feel of it to a gun like the AK or even the FAL, and it's so generic by comparison.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I've been using the new back button attachment that Sony put out and I don't know if I like it. I absolutely love the paddles on the Xbox Elite controller but I find these a bit uncomfortable. I think it's because the DS4 is already a little on the small side. I think it needs to be a bit wider to comfortably fit the back buttons. I'm trying to use first party stuff because I had a third-party attachment but it came with a bunch of programmable mods (which I don't want), you had to resync it every time you turned on the PS, and it would disconnect the controller randomly.

The real dream would be that they let us use the Xbox Elite controller on the Playstation. It should all be plug and play.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I would say that there's nothing dishonorable about using the Kilo. It is an on-meta weapon, but it is far from OP and is so fun that it would be a shame not to play with it.

The MP5 is undoubtedly OP, but the guns in this game are basically characters, and it seems appropriate that in 2019's Modern Warfare that the MP5 would be the dominant weapon.

I kinda despise the M4. Contrast the sound, the recoil, the feel of it to a gun like the AK or even the FAL, and it's so generic by comparison.

Thought the Kilo was considered as strong as the M4?

Oct 28, 2017
I'm having a blast with this.

Even getting put into harder lobbies and getting destroyed can be fun, I feel like it's making me a better player.

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018
Thought the Kilo was considered as strong as the M4?
Nah, you go up against an M4 and they don't miss any shots - Kilo loses. In the launch meta it might have been considered as second place AR to the M4 but actually the RAM (TAR) has a technically faster TTK than the M4 (but a weirder recoil pattern vs the M4 laser).

There might be some debate about M4 vs RAM but regardless that places the Kilo as a third place AR - go nuts!

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Playlist Update
  • Added Deathmatch Domination!
  • Added Gunfight Custom!
  • Shipment 24/7 is back! (Replaces Shoot the Ship)
  • Removed Winter Docks
  • Moved Capture the Flag into the Quick Play Filter
GENERAL FIXES:
  • Weapons:
    • MP5: Reduced headshot multiplier, Small reduction to 10mm range
    • M4: Small damage decrease to reduce headshot effectiveness, Small range decrease
    • M13: Range increase, Small reduction to horizontal recoil, Small damage increase to boost headshot effectiveness
    • Crossbow: Players are able to shoot down an enemy Support Helo with only 3 Thermite Bolts. This has been adjusted; 5 to take down a VTOL and 6 to take down a Support Helo and Chopper Gunner
  • Fix for an exploit in Ground War via ATV
  • Fix for missing character model on the LA OpTic CDL skin
  • Shipment: Spawn tuning to reduce the frequency of instant deaths and spawn traps. Adjustments to spawn positions around the edge of the map for all modes. New spawn logic for Domination.
  • When using keyboard and mouse, a controller button prompt will appear to access the Social Menu while matchmaking. On PC with a PS4 controller, the button prompt will appear as an Xbox prompt. This has been fixed

MP5, M4 Nefs and M13 buff? Thank you IW. Even if it's only a small nerf/buff.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Could be a small nerf/buff, could be absolutely devastating. The SCAR's "small horizontal recoil" buff was in actuality an enormous horizontal and vertical recoil buff that made the gun substantially better.

You know funny thing? I went to lunch with my friend and I was literally talking about the MP5 and M4 being too strong and that I love using the M13 recently and then I get back and find out about the buffs and nerfs.

It's like I knew. o.O

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
So does anyone have any recommendations for getting in contact with support. According to Twitter and Reddit I'm not the only one this has happened to.

Last Friday I went to play Modern Warfare on PC and it told me to login to my Activision account. It wouldn't log in, it wouldn't reset my password, basically the account doesn't exist according to them. I can't submit a ticket as I can't log into the account. I sent multiple Twitter messages to Activision support since last Friday on there and they haven't even read the messages.

Has anyone else had this happen? I was going to make a new account with my same login, but other have done it on Reddit and they said everything is gone. It's literally a brand new account. No unlocks, purchases, etc.

I just needed to vent somewhere.

Last edited:

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
So I just got the gold camo for all the marksman classes expecting it to unlock my platinium crossbow but it doesn't.

I look at the requirements for the platinum and it says you need all gold for the marksman AND sniper rifles. WHY ???

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Thank god Shipment 24/7 is back to grind... however...

the Wheelson... besides the Shield Turret

IS one of the WORST killstreaks ever

Controlling it is absolutely dreadful and the challenge to get 20 kills with it is beyond ridiculous

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Controlling it is absolutely dreadful and the challenge to get 20 kills with it is beyond ridiculous

I mean it can be a bit glitchy when near a doorway, and the damage from it's canon is surprisingly weak at times but I still manage a good 3-7 kills with it each time I pop it....

Occasionally a smart player will just destroy it hella fast, but I find that rarely happens.

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if Ghost is the featured operator like Mara, or the "only for real money" operator like Nikto

At least Nikto should get challenges next season so folks can get him for free

You seriously think they're gonna give a highly requested, popular character for FREE?

I wouldn't be surprised coming from some of the scummiest developers and publisher in the world.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Wheelson on shipment is amazing. Minimal 10 free kills with it. On larger maps it can be a bitch with people running around.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
TheGamingRevolution has said that the BR mode is coming either in season 2 or 3 otherwise it might be cancelled. He also provided the supposed loading screen for the BR mode.

I know some people here don't care for his word so i won't post his video. Just wanted to post the info in case.

This is the loading screen. Honestly he could have just gone into camera mode and took this screenshot so take this with a heavy dose of salt.
thegamingrevo-youtube-modern-warfare-battle-royale-map-load-screen.jpg

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
If it comes out with season 2, then goddamn it's gonna be a blood bath this February. Apex Season 4, Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2, and now MW's BR.

SigEpTendo

Oct 27, 2017
The Shadows
I wish Shipment 24/7 was back at 5 v 5 rather than 6 v 6. One less player on both teams slowed the map down just a bit and reduced the deaths immediately on spawn.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
TheGamingRevolution has said that the BR mode is coming either in season 2 or 3 otherwise it might be cancelled. He also provided the supposed loading screen for the BR mode.

I know some people here don't care for his word so i won't post his video. Just wanted to post the info in case.

This is the loading screen. Honestly he could have just gone into camera mode and took this screenshot so take this with a heavy dose of salt.
thegamingrevo-youtube-modern-warfare-battle-royale-map-load-screen.jpg
Man, I wonder how it is gonna differ from the BO maps.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Man I need to experiment more with class setups. I found one and stuck to it for most of my play time and now I changed it around and it feels so much better. But I don't really have the patience to try stuff out.

Also is Ghost worth giving up as a perk? I feel like it's too good. And what's your opinion on the perk that converts your kill streaks into score streaks?

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Man I need to experiment more with class setups. I found one and stuck to it for most of my play time and now I changed it around and it feels so much better. But I don't really have the patience to try stuff out.

Also is Ghost worth giving up as a perk? I feel like it's too good. And what's your opinion on the perk that converts your kill streaks into score streaks?

I don't use Ghost unless it's part of a challenge. I haven't felt any advantage of using Ghost. I love going with Restock as perk 2 and Shrapnel as perk 3. Especially if you use a Stim the Restock perk is great. Kill Chain is good if you want to go for streaks that require the higher kill numbers... but as I said I love Restock and can't go without it.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I legit don't get what I'm doing wrong anymore.

I somehow get one-shot every single time by the Mk2 but as soon as I use it I always get hitmarkers, losing nearly every gunfight although I very clearly hit them in the chest, also least going by my video capture. For every other weapon it also feels like people eat more hitmarkers than I do.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Damascus unlocked! If anyone wants any tips, let me know.

Free tip #1:

Don't go for Damascus

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017

I tried convert killstreaks into score streaks and it felt weak. Didn't get me anything so maybe I was using it wrong? I don't know.
I use Killchain so that my Airstrike and VTOL kills count towards killstreaks.
But like TikeMyson1308 said, Restock is very strong. It restocks your grenades/consumables really fast

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Ghost is the featured operator like Mara, or the "only for real money" operator like Nikto

At least Nikto should get challenges next season so folks can get him for free

If that's true, then I am glad I held off buying Nikto, as that's the only skin I will use, if I have to grind 100 levels of a BP I will do it, if it costs real money I will spend it.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I legit don't get what I'm doing wrong anymore.

I somehow get one-shot every single time by the Mk2 but as soon as I use it I always get hitmarkers, losing nearly every gunfight although I very clearly hit them in the chest, also least going by my video capture. For every other weapon it also feels like people eat more hitmarkers than I do.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore.

OHKs on the upper chest for Mk2 but also the OHK range is quite short so put a barrel on it to extend that out. Avoid the lightweight suppressor at all costs.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017

Pointman is only really useful if you plan on sitting at the back of a ground war map destroying killstreaks with a launcher.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, cool, I call out GamingRevo for shitty ableist fan theory on Twitter, and he draws attention to it so his fans harass me.

Cool, cool, cool. Really makes me wanna be a part of this community.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I picked up one of those back button attachments for the PS4 controller today at Target (had to have one shipped there because I can't find the damn thing anywhere).

Looking forward to trying it out in CoD tonight.