• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
What's everyone's thoughts post patch?
Is the game better?

is pointman finally worth it? Is aggressive play better? Im hoping for more patches like this especially for the perks

still think maps are garbage and them adding the smallest maps completely upsets me. I absolutely loathe shipment, rust, and im sick of kill house

Im ready for mw2 mid sized maps.
In order of question marks:

1. Meh.
2. Marginally.
3. No.
4. It's never been bad. It's just that camping is also strong.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain how White Phosphorus works? In Ground War on Palace I used it and got like... 20 kills instantly and 30 ish by the time it ended. Got it again on the terrible quarry map and got like... 2. I guess I just don't really understand what it does and how it works/when it's effective.

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain how White Phosphorus works? In Ground War on Palace I used it and got like... 20 kills instantly and 30 ish by the time it ended. Got it again on the terrible quarry map and got like... 2. I guess I just don't really understand what it does and how it works/when it's effective.

WP has two effects. The most obvious is it covers the entire map with a fog that obscures both teams vision (it makes it pretty much impossible to use Thermal) and makes it so that enemy players constantly cough and I presume lowers their health slightly, which I guess I can't prove but it sure looks and seems like it. The second is that the planes actually drop flares and those remain on the ground for some time, sparking like thermite. For the enemy team, getting to close to those will kill you. On drop, getting hit by them kills you instantly. Because of that initial drop you can sometimes get a ridiculous amount of kills instantly because it covers way more then a precision airstrike or VTOL strafe

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
IKEA Map isn't bad but putting random shit in the middle kinda fucks over a lot of pushes, covering shit with tarps is also very annoying unless you have FMJ

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
I can't wait for BR to come out so I can never play mp again. I just went against a full squad with literally every player using the 725. That guns been "nerfed" probably 4 times and imo is still the best gun in the game. IW can fuck off.

Edit: a few weeks ago the cod app told me I had almost a 5.0 W/L ratio for that prior week. Now this prior past week it says 1.18. No way is anyone that inconsistent. The sbmm is just absolutely ruining this game for me.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
WP has two effects. The most obvious is it covers the entire map with a fog that obscures both teams vision (it makes it pretty much impossible to use Thermal) and makes it so that enemy players constantly cough and I presume lowers their health slightly, which I guess I can't prove but it sure looks and seems like it. The second is that the planes actually drop flares and those remain on the ground for some time, sparking like thermite. For the enemy team, getting to close to those will kill you. On drop, getting hit by them kills you instantly. Because of that initial drop you can sometimes get a ridiculous amount of kills instantly because it covers way more then a precision airstrike or VTOL strafe
It doesn't lower your health afaik but it does prevent enemies from regenerating health. I think the "damage" your talking about is just the the way IW thought to visualize this.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man Rust really highlights how awful the visibility is in this game. I feel like I'm looking for nameplates and not bodies.

Also they really fucking need to do something about these colored names, even if they have to delete the regiments with them.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Man Rust really highlights how awful the visibility is in this game. I feel like I'm looking for nameplates and not bodies.

That's why I picked this skin for the Rust playlist:

r5rfB71.png

>:)~

I'm like 50cm away from my monitor, and sometimes I have to get closer. I'm not sure how people playing on TVs manage tbh. I've set the FOV to 84.

Azur has some pretty decent skins to unlock, I quite like the battlepass this time. And a K/D watch at 62.

I want some more mid-size maps too, I hope the new one coming this season is decent. Not really a fan of the new groundwar map, or the store but I haven't played them much with the double xp on rust. I wouldn't mind rust if the spawns were better. I've gotten placed literally right behind an enemy so that my teammate shooting at him killed me too.

Btw, the Golem Operator Mission (BP tier 50) is bugged. It's not tracking lethal equipment kills, it's tracking killstreak kills.

Last edited:

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't help that there isn't a standard look for teams this time. The way shooters should work is that I should be able to tell what team (and class if applicable) someone is by their silhouette and not only the color of their nameplate.
At the very least I'm grateful that teams aren't just "the same models but with red lights" like in BO3 and BO4. But it doesn't help that so many designs aren't distinct enough to tell at a glance, "that's Coalition" or "that's Allegiance". We need more consistent art direction, like with the COG and Locust in Gears.

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least I'm grateful that teams aren't just "the same models but with red lights" like in BO3 and BO4. But it doesn't help that so many designs aren't distinct enough to tell at a glance, "that's Coalition" or "that's Allegiance". We need more consistent art direction, like with the COG and Locust in Gears.

Ghosts and Remastered had a good idea

Customize your skins and even camo as much as you like but
Marines(Desert Camo) vs OpFor (Black uniform)

Ghosts gave 1 team a camo and the opposition got the alternative
Woodland vs Desert
Snow vs Urban

This balanced out because while the Marines had better camo on Crash, Crossfire and Ambush for example
OpFor worked much better on Bog, District and elements of Strike

Last edited:

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
When is Warzome finally coming? I am pretty psyched for it. Hopefully the season pass will work with it.

I'm gonna say tomorrow evening at 6pm uk time. Along with the update of the game, for many different reasons. Some people think Dr Disrespect will have something on his stream later today in relation to it. I'm in a discord with some wild cod warzone hype and they have all different speculations.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
I don't know you guys but I'm loving the tournaments mode even if I'm playin with random people.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Wow after absolutely killing it yesterday, SBMM is fucking me over hard. Who the fuck thought this system was a good idea? Makes not want to play.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Wow after absolutely killing it yesterday, SBMM is fucking me over hard. Who the fuck thought this system was a good idea? Makes not want to play.
Same here. I had to turn off the PC. I actually play less because of the SBMM shenanigans. Often times when I have another hour or so to play and this absolute BS starts to happen I just quit and do something else.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
I must still be climbing the ranks because I never seem to get these wild swings, or long runs of bad game after bad game. Guess it'll suck when I get to that point, but right now - the SBMM stuff seems to make matches a lot more even and interesting versus the randomness of hoping I get on the team with the one God Tier player in our match.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Same here. I had to turn off the PC. I actually play less because of the SBMM shenanigans. Often times when I have another hour or so to play and this absolute BS starts to happen I just quit and do something else.
It's truly a ludicrous system. I wanted to play today exactly because I owned yesterday, and now it's super deflating and not fun, which has made me play something else. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Don't forget it takes you a while to get as good as you were the day before if you played for a bit. You need a warm-up.

I've put a lot of hours in the game and my matches are pretty even. I even get the same players quite often (on different days, not one match after the other). The only thing that throws the balance is when we get players on either team that shouldn't be where they are. Or they're doing dumb challenges.

You have to have SBMM to make it fairer for everyone. It should find the right spot and stop swinging so much after a while but they might not have it nailed down yet.

I think I need a break for a few days, don't want to get carpal tunnel syndrome, got to give my sore wrist some time to heal. ... or maybe I could try it with a controller... I know how that will go though. I wonder if the SBMM takes into consideration the input method...I have a feeling it doesn't but let's see.

Last edited:

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
^ It's probably just temporary, maybe it will change back tomorrow. There's a mission that needs 20 kills with SMG in gunfight that I still need to get.

Oct 29, 2017
I can't wait for BR to come out so I can never play mp again. I just went against a full squad with literally every player using the 725. That guns been "nerfed" probably 4 times and imo is still the best gun in the game. IW can fuck off.

Edit: a few weeks ago the cod app told me I had almost a 5.0 W/L ratio for that prior week. Now this prior past week it says 1.18. No way is anyone that inconsistent. The sbmm is just absolutely ruining this game for me.

Maybe you could try having a little self restraint and just....not play?

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I think the SBMM system pushes your KDR to 1.0 anyway. The better your kdr, the higher up you go until it evens out.

We just can't see what our SBMM rank is :/ Maybe because it's their first implementation and they want to iron the system out. Or maybe they don't want people to know and be dissappointed.

I think it's the former as knowing the rank will get people to play more to improve it. And looking at all the challenges and missions, they definitely want people to play as much as possible.

-then again, the majority of people might be in for a rude awakening (based on Overwatch, only 3% are in the higher brackets). So perhaps it's that they don't want people to drop the game because of it!

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a fan of SBMM I'd always rather have people at my skill level. Your always getting an interesting push and pull that way. The people that complain about SBMM just sound like they wanna dunk on lower tier players all day to get their jollies rather than have an interesting match that requires they pony up a little bit more actual skill.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a fan of SBMM I'd always rather have people at my skill level. Your always getting an interesting push and pull that way. The people that complain about SBMM just sound like they wanna dunk on lower tier players all day to get their jollies rather than have an interesting match that requires they pony up a little bit more actual skill.

the problem with SBMM is you can never just goof around, as you get smacked hard.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Thing is, after a couple of games of doing challenges...I swear it drops you anyway. I was getting lobbies full of controller only players when I was doing the shield challenges. It might take more than a few games though, I'm not sure.

I don't think I've played this game without chasing some sort of mission or challenge (including camos sitting there mounted or doing hipfire kills with an AR) in weeks. I want to get them done so I can be free to play properly... I don't think the obsidian camo even looks that good.

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
SBMM hatred is relative to how great you think you are & forget that it is a system design to make you have a 1 W/L ratio.

I think the system is just a little too aggressive at moving you up or down categories. As in it tries too hard to bring you a defeat after a win.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck doing challenges with off-meta weapons and setups.

Getting molotov kills was super frustrating.
There are fairly easy viable strategies for all of the officer challenges you just have to be willing to change up your playstyle to do them which is exactly what the challenges are trying to make you do. I completed the entirety of last season's challenges even when I thought a few of them were going to be straight up impossible for me.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really annoying when you want to play something specific man :( this has happened like 4 or 5 times for me since the game came out. Absolutely ridiculous!

They didn't take anything off the playlist though. They just had some fun re-naming some of the playlists to valentines day stuff.
20200217_172423.jpg

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
There's an unlockable skin for Yegor called Superstar, if you want the opposite of blending in:

DQI8c0q.png

There's also a grey one, and a black one.

Last edited: