• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This entire thread is just people posting bugs. It's fucking ridiculous.

Activision needs to go to a two year cycle between games. I know I'm being stupid and it will never happen because they sell. But fuck me this is one of the most broken games I've played in a long while.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Activision needs to go to a two year cycle between games. I know I'm being stupid and it will never happen because they sell. But fuck me this is one of the most broken games I've played in a long while.

it really is a fucking joke. It's bad that the blueprints don't even load first time either, when I click to view a blueprint in the BP I can't view the complete model it just sits at a blank screen saying what the attachments are, same happens sometimes in the gunsmith.

its appalling that a billion dollar franchise is in the state that this game is.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

*shrugs*

I've run into my share of bugs but I'd say most of the time I have zero issues. It's just people always talk about the times they have bugs and never all the times they don't.

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018
Yeah game is pretty much bug free for me after the latest update. Did notice yesterday that one of my CoD buds has been crashing more often.

NVG Reinforce is my favorite game mode - give it a try with some friends on mic. The perfect mix of challenge to fun. 4v4. Capture all three points or all enemy operators to win. No respawn until you actually cap a point. This adds a nice tactical layer to the match and allows you to decide to take on a 1v1 situation (or worse) or rotate away and bring your homies back in.

And god capture the flag is still such a good time.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had a glitch last night where I kept getting the DIVER and 6 error when trying to download updates resulting in me needing to connect my PS4 to my mobile hotspot FOR SOME REASON to finish downloading the in-game update.

This game is a mess.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm officially done with rust/shipment. Was having fun in domination lastnight and then i got thrown into a rust match. Not only are these maps just trash to begin with, but the spawn logic hurts my brain. At one point the other team had A and C and I was in B clearing it (we had the point) and an enemy literally spawned on B, right in front of me... Seriously, how is that even possible?

Rust is like what, 4-5 times larger than shipment yet the spawns feel just as bad, everyone just thrown around the map at random. They're awful maps and they just ruin whatever fun i might be having. Not worth it.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I'm officially done with rust/shipment. Was having fun in domination lastnight and then i got thrown into a rust match. Not only are these maps just trash to begin with, but the spawn logic hurts my brain. At one point the other team had A and C and I was in B clearing it (we had the point) and an enemy literally spawned on B, right in front of me... Seriously, how is that even possible?

Rust is like what, 4-5 times larger than shipment yet the spawns feel just as bad, everyone just thrown around the map at random. They're awful maps and they just ruin whatever fun i might be having. Not worth it.

i wish I could tell the game to never serve me Rust or Shipment. I will never understand how anyone can consider those shit show maps fun.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
*shrugs*

I've run into my share of bugs but I'd say most of the time I have zero issues. It's just people always talk about the times they have bugs and never all the times they don't.

Don't make excuses for them. This game is the top grossing game every year for half a decade now. And despite that their are almost no systems that don't have bugs. The menus are bugged, texture loading is bugged, guns are bugged, tracking is bugged, double exp is bugged....

Sure can you get into a match and shoot people? Yes. That's no excuse for the literal shit show the rest of the game is.

Hell last season we have officer challenges that wouldn't track and complete until like 2 weeks before the end of the season.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's why when I'm not trying to grind weapon levels I only play Ground War.

That said Shoot House 24/7 was better for grinding because at least you rarely (if ever) would get killed instantly on-spawn.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played a couple of rounds of shipment last night for an easy challenge (kill top player) and I have no idea how people enjoy playing that map, it's ducking horrible

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I played a couple of rounds of shipment last night for an easy challenge (kill top player) and I have no idea how people enjoy playing that map, it's ducking horrible
If you put a merc grip and a laser on an mp5 you don't even need to ADS. You don't even have to try. I think one of the grips help quite a bit too.
That said, I don't really enjoy it either.

I'm glad they sorted out the coloured name tag bugs. I just hope they keep working on the respawns. I also hope the next maps are a bit larger like regular maps. At least Hackney Yard size.

Thing is they've added so many different modes already and now groundwar battle royale is coming too....they need to slow down a bit (other than with new maps) and just tweak, fix and improve. The game is really good as is, just need to fix a few small loose ends.

Last edited:

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
It's why when I'm not trying to grind weapon levels I only play Ground War.

That said Shoot House 24/7 was better for grinding because at least you rarely (if ever) would get killed instantly on-spawn.

Shoothouse I'm okay with and probably for that reason, the spawns aren't nearly as bad and the map at least has a bit of a flow to it. I can have fun on that map.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can't say I've noticed too many bugs to be honest with you guys. I noticed a lot of people with 33 as regiment and that's honestly about the only one I've seen since starting the game in October apart from the game displaying the wrong map when loading in.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Biggest actual gameplay related bug has been the inconsistency of 2XP being actually given/received. Occasionally on Shipment, and once on Rust, I've spawned in with someone else's loadout which is more funny than actually some huge issue - especially because you die and respawn so quickly in that mode.

Otherwise the bugs I've run into have all be superficial menu bugs like the green notification on the Calling Cards when there are no new calling cards. Sucks that other people are having issues though, but it probably helps highlight how even though this is a huge money making franchise troubleshooting this stuff can be really difficult given just the handful of anecdotal comments here.

TerryLee81

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't used my xbox for a while and was intze mood for some CoD. Is the patch really 68GB??
Or is there something wrong with my files?

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
people werent kidding about rust, swear people would be spawning right in front of me while I'm mowing down with my PKM

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Can't say I've noticed too many bugs to be honest with you guys. I noticed a lot of people with 33 as regiment and that's honestly about the only one I've seen since starting the game in October apart from the game displaying the wrong map when loading in.

There's just a few minor things like things not tracking properly - or at least not updating consistently. The double xp not always triggerring. The new issue like minecraft shadows in groundwar. It's mostly small things and they are fixing issues, I don't get the crash to desktop anymore after a few rounds of ground war. And when I asked in-game about the [ 3 3 ] regiment they were saying it was a side-effect of fixing the coloured name tag bug.

I just want them to work on respawns more.

Last edited:

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't used my xbox for a while and was intze mood for some CoD. Is the patch really 68GB??
Or is there something wrong with my files?

The patch download is really that big, but it doesn't increase the overall game size by 68gb. They said that the patch includes updated versions of a large number of game files so the download is large without the overall size increasing as much.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I don't understand why it's so fucking difficult to fix the spawns. They already have the High Alert perk that tells you when someone can see you.

IF spawn is visible to another player or enemy player is visible, place fucking elsewhere

The respawns are ruining the game (at least Rust/Shipment). It makes the death and even kill stat completely meaningless. I don't want to play any small maps if they can't fix this shit. You shouldn't be spawning behind or even near enemies either.

Last edited:

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Anyone ever have an issue with not being able to aim anymore, but able to use your mouse just fine in the menus / on the desktop?

I was playing 2v2 with my friend last night, we were like 5-4, gonna win then out of nowhere I could not aim anymore when the new round started. Mouse was working fine in the menu / desktop when trying to quickly see if I could fix it, even unplugged it mid game, but it just would not aim anymore. Took a fat L cause of that.
Game ended and went to a custom game really quick to see if aiming worked and it was literally working again. Like wtf is that?

Thankfully it wasn't a tournament game (even though we already got the rewards earlier this week.)

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I'm not sure, is your controller plugged in and activating mid-game so it switches the controls or something like that maybe? Not sure why it wouldn't switch back though. I've never had that.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
I'm not sure, is your controller plugged in and activating mid-game so it switches the controls or something like that maybe? Not sure why it wouldn't switch back though. I've never had that.
No I haven't had my controller plugged into my computer for awhile. I only ever plug it in while playing Monster Hunter but I haven't played that for like a week cause I've been playing MW mainly again.

Looking back, I've swear I've encountered this issue before very very very rarely back around the first couple of months when the game came out like once or twice, but I kind of chalked that up to me re-spawning too fast and confusing the game or something and I remember having to purposely die to fix it.

Last edited:

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Very strange. Did you alt-tab when that happened to see if you could move it around in dekstop or in-game menu before unplugging the mouse? I'm thinking a dodgy usb port maybe? Could be anything though, maybe it's a bug, maybe the mouse, maybe a hack :S Sorry dude.

I haven't run into it myself... maybe someone else has.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Very strange. Did you alt-tab when that happened to see if you could move it around in dekstop or in-game menu before unplugging the mouse? I'm thinking a dodgy usb port maybe? Could be anything though, maybe it's a bug, maybe the mouse, maybe a hack :S
Yeah, I checked before and after unplugging the mouse, it was working fine while in the match while I was looking at the menu and also in the desktop, I could move the mouse around, but I just couldn't move my camera. I could even shoot my gun too.

Game just wanted my friend and I to take a L cause we kind of bullied some new players that were level 3 and 5 the match before, damn karma lol.

Last edited:

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Hmm, looked it up and seems like a small set of people have had it happen to them also during this season. Seems pretty rare.

Guess I used up all my luck for the year if it's that rare.

Apparently the fix is opening the Windows Gamebar and killing it in taskmanager even if you have it disabled like me. So I guess if you encounter my issue with not being able to move your camera around but being able to aim down and shoot and move, bring that up and kill it lol

Last edited:

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
I could deal with Realism GW being the sole realism playlist for a week, but I've definitely had my fill now, esp. with the rampant White Phosphorus spam.

I'd swear to delete this game if they don't bring back Realism Moshpit if downloading the game again didn't take forever.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Cyber Attack is actually awesome and good fun. You get much more sense of teamwork. There are stakes to deaths. The rounds don't last that long anyway. And best of all no bullshit respawns.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Cyber Attack is actually awesome and good fun. You get much more sense of teamwork. There are stakes to deaths. The rounds don't last that long anyway. And best of all no bullshit respawns.

Seriously, how are there not more game modes with meaningful death/revives in this game? I miss heist from Black Ops 4 a lot.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Seriously, how are there not more game modes with meaningful death/revives in this game? I miss heist from Black Ops 4 a lot.
I think people mostly play the live die and repeat gameplay and don't want to split the userbase more but I'd be down for some more.

You forget how good the game can be when you just grind a playlist like rust/shipment for xp and unlocks. It's no way to enjoy the game but with how many things there are to actually unlock I don't blame them. The KDR doesn't matter anymore because of SBMM pushing you to 1, so the only thing they have to show for it are the unlocks. If they showed your SBMM rank I think people would grind less and play more.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if they had actual ranks I would play more varied modes. Right now my skill could be getting better but I wouldn't tangibly know it. There is no pleasure to be found there so I just rely on ranking up and unlocks to give me the rush I need.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol so I played an hour or so of shipment to level up the origin 12, my KD went from 1.63 to 1.6 but my god by the end of it I was having a giggle.

The 25 round drum magazine absolutely WRECKS!!!!!I got the play of the game and wiped the whole team out with the thing lol

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I wonder if the BR mode will encourage players to play more Cyber Attack and S&D. Not initially of course, but after a while.

They're like a middle ground between a massive build-up (looting) and the instant respawns of deathmatch.

I do hope they eventually have actual ranks but I worry they won't as it will put a lot of people off to know where they place exactly. Having SBMM hides that with no rank score.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
sigh* I bought the anime skin pack but the generic waifu on the m4 only shows up with iron sights. I feel betrayed.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what, none of the Ground War maps are actually good. They are all just cut out of the Battle Royale map and the objectives aren't placed in any way that makes real sense.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't get Ground War at all. Everyone complains about the camping in the normal MP modes, but to me it's SOOOOO much worse in Ground War. People just posted up the whole match watching lanes.

Naru

May 11, 2019
I honestly don't get Ground War at all. Everyone complains about the camping in the normal MP modes, but to me it's SOOOOO much worse in Ground War. People just posted up the whole match watching lanes.
Yeah, I think it's a terrible experience. And the graphics look so much worse than the normal MP and the low tick rate and everything.

Unpopular opinion: I think it takes too long to unlock attachments for a weapon, even with the 2x XP...

Also it's funny when you get Hardpoint on Rust (or pretty much any other map) and then both teams just circle the hardpoint without actually moving in. They all want just easy kills. I am pretty much the only one trying to get the hardpoint at this point. Going negative of course but who cares. I just wanna win.

Last edited: