• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Preloaded, wonder if I can do what I did with blops 4 and do a knife only run.

Was fun doing knife only all the way to master prestige, people didn't know what to do against it lol, lost track how many nukes I got or got close to.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw a snippet of campaign footage that looked spectacular

Fuck, I really wanted to start with multiplayer but that has me second guessing myself

Oct 25, 2017
Mentioned it in another thread but its going to be a huge missed opportunity if IW doesn't make a GroundWar map set in COD4's Chernobyl & Pripyat.
latest

800px-Chernobyl_Power_Station_aerial_view.jpg

6D1B9BD175830FBBA2125B7E4C90EE6CF95825E6

heck that map could literally have Bloc, Vacant and Pipeline as section of it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Mentioned it in another thread but its going to be a huge missed opportunity if IW doesn't make a GroundWar map set in COD4's Chernobyl & Pripyat.
latest

Pretty sure the Spec Ops map is set in the same region but not specifically Chernobyl & Pripyat.

Zombie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But if I'm playing with a mouse+keyboard… no way I'm playing with console players right?
Console players can plug in a KB&M and get matched with KB&M PC players. They'll still be a huge minority but it should at least make it so the more niche playlists are populated enough to be playable a few months after launch, which they pretty much haven't been since at least BO3.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Definitely in on this. I've historically purchased CoD games and dropped them quickly, but I think this one will be different. Enjoyed the beta and it left me wanting more.

Somehow had no idea the game supported RTX, and I'm really excited about that. Didn't expect a campaign for some reason, and it's a contained story, so that's a positive. Cross-play is great. No season pass sweetens the deal.

I'm officially hyped.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Unless i'm overlooking them, then it's a pleasant surprise that there aren't any multiplayer trophies for the main game

Aside from clearing every level on Veteran/Realism, the one that looks like it's going to be the hardest to earn is Golden Path where you have to complete 'Clean House' without getting hit and only using a single bullet per threat.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
They should make Salter, Reyes, and Omar as MP characters eventually. (From Infinite Warfare)

Oct 25, 2017
If I could have any game mode in this, it would be the return of 3rd Person Team Tactical

They should make Salter, Reyes, and Omar as MP characters eventually. (From Infinite Warfare)
I've been saying this as well.
just make them in contemporary versions of those characters. Reyes like a Navy Seal, Omar as a Royal Marine and Salter as a Lebanese operator.
Honestly i'd probably pay $20 each if they actually had decent voice work and such put in.

E3N could be a DLC announcer voice since it doesn't affect other players.

On that subject though if they sold more skins like the 3 in the operator edition i'd buy a few of them(MW2 Ranger, MW3 Delta, MW2 Spetsnaz)

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
So on PSN, my Special Ops Pack 2, Campaign Pack 1, and the Multiplayer are "Waiting to install" on my downloads list. Should I be concerned about this or will it pre-install the closer we get to launch?

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Not sure if this is the place. But anyone here have an RTX card and want a GeForce MW code? 30$ PayPal/Venmo. PM me. Had already bought MW before my 2080ti, and then bought Control as well (the bundle I was hoping to get).

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Hmm bought an rtx laptop early september from an eligible provider, do you think I am eligible for the free modern warfare copy or nah?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Hmm bought an rtx laptop early september from an eligible provider, do you think I am eligible for the free modern warfare copy or nah?

If you're asking whether the retailer will give you a code, then probably not, but there's no harm in trying your luck; if you're asking whether a code purchased from somebody else will work, then yes (date of purchase isn't a factor).

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
If you're asking whether the retailer will give you a code, then probably not, but there's no harm in trying your luck; if you're asking whether a code purchased from somebody else will work, then yes (date of purchase isn't a factor).
Yeah I was asking the former, as I said I bought it early september. I guess the offer is for rtx cards bought in october? I will ask the retailer anyway though, nothing to lose.

Jun 17, 2018
Even though I think Blizzard are massive dicks, I'm finding it difficult not to purchase this, the videos look awesome and I had fun with the beta...

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Oh yes, I got a despatch email from simply games. Looks like I might be getting it tomorrow.

So lucky, waiting on TGC here...my friends and I all ordered from there under my recommendation!

Although saying that its six months with my girlfriend tomorrow so we are going out, sacrifices must be made. I'm finally growing up haha.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
latest

Dude, please do not post this as if it doesn't happen I'll be very mad at you haha! Amazing!

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
so you can really play a child terrorist gunning people down in London ? or has it been debunked as a hoax or something

Should watch some footage on playstation since people are live right now but ... yeah