• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox One players - heads up that there's a reward up for 6000 points ($6) for buying the game digitally over the next couple of weeks. You just need to activate the punchcard in the Rewards app.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
3594571-mw-pc-launch-map.jpg

Oh sweet. Depending on length I might just stay up to finish the campaign.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I have Comcast and I don't have a data cap. Kind of shitty that it seems to be a regional thing.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this applies globally, but as usual review copies are only sent from launch onwards, with the lucky few at the review/influencer event being able to play the game early to talk about it in advance. Also worth mentioning that these events usually have the "sponsored" version of the game (in this case PS4 Pro), and this year it seems that they aren't even sending copies for other versions. So expect plenty of PS4 reviews and relatively few ones for X1 (not sure about PC). In fact since we're doing Xbox reviews I just pre-ordered the game like everyone else

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck there has to be a way for people to download the game or install whatever before they get the physical game disc.

My copy will likely be delivered on Friday but won't be able to play it until Saturday because over 100GB will need to be downloaded/installed.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Xbox One players - heads up that there's a reward up for 6000 points ($6) for buying the game digitally over the next couple of weeks. You just need to activate the punchcard in the Rewards app.

Can you still do this after having buying the game digitally? I bought it last night, so am I still eligible to do this today?

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm getting my yearly "I should buy this year's Call of Duty," urge again.

However after last year... and the year before that... I simply can't do it again. The inclusion of a campaign is great for me (as the lack of one in Bo4 meant I barely played that one) but I really can't be dealing with the battle pass stuff (even if it is only cosmetic) and the likely-timed events that will pop up throughout the next year or so.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I'm honestly curious to try out the story mode as it has so many controversial issues with the game. So I'm hoping it lives up to the hype.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting my yearly "I should buy this year's Call of Duty," urge again.

However after last year... and the year before that... I simply can't do it again. The inclusion of a campaign is great for me (as the lack of one in Bo4 meant I barely played that one) but I really can't be dealing with the battle pass stuff (even if it is only cosmetic) and the likely-timed events that will pop up throughout the next year or so.
Why would the battle pass be an issue if you barely play the mp?

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
I always try and get max prestige because I have OCD when it comes to these things but I think I like they are doing away with with it this year. Should make the game less of a grind. Beside showing off your rank there was no real reason to prestige anyway because it not like there was some great reward for every prestige.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Why would the battle pass be an issue if you barely play the mp?

I will play the MP, but not to the extent that I'd feel like making it a second job in the way battle passes, seasonal timed events and such demand you do. I'd much rather play casually and unlock as much as I can through gameplay.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I'm concerned that we still haven't heard anything from anyone about HDR on PS4. IIRC didn't Xbox have it for the beta, but PS4 didn't? If they don't include it on PS4 that's fucked up, considering it was in Infinite Warfare three years ago.

HDR will be available at launch on PS4
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'm concerned that we still haven't heard anything from anyone about HDR on PS4. IIRC didn't Xbox have it for the beta, but PS4 didn't? If they don't include it on PS4 that's fucked up, considering it was in Infinite Warfare three years ago.
HDR was already confirmed with the PS4 Pro Bundle earlier this month

With PlayStation 4 Pro, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare fans can look forward to a number of features to help bring the most photorealistic environments in franchise history to life. 4K TV owners will appreciate 4K resolution using temporal anti-aliasing with dynamic up-sampling, while HD TV players will benefit from increased image clarity through supersampling when playing on PS4 Pro, compared to PS4.

Lastly, players with HDR displays can enjoy grounded combat and fast-paced action with high dynamic range color as well.

Sep 3, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
I was just watching a video on YouTube titled "modern warfare this week!-what to expect?" and the guy was saying if you live in NA the game is to release 6pm pacific to be exact.. Is that true?

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
A little tip for any enterprising individuals out there - specially marked bottles of Mountain Dew, Gamefuel, and bags of Doritos provide codes for double XP for certain amounts of time. I have yet to find the Dew ones but pretty much every bag of Doritos in every store around me are the MW ones at this point.

The big bags of Doritos provide 30 minutes per code (the largest amount out of all the products I believe), and while the Dew codes are printed under caps/tabs, the Doritos codes are printed on the outside of the bags.

Do what you will with that information

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
The double XP doesn't even matter that much. The seasons aren't starting until after launch (likely when everyone's double XP will be gone) and that's going to be the progression that matters. Getting to 55 is going to be easy though 2XP will be one hell of a boost for those wanting to speed through it.

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A little tip for any enterprising individuals out there - specially marked bottles of Mountain Dew, Gamefuel, and bags of Doritos provide codes for double XP for certain amounts of time. I have yet to find the Dew ones but pretty much every bag of Doritos in every store around me are the MW ones at this point.

The big bags of Doritos provide 30 minutes per code (the largest amount out of all the products I believe), and while the Dew codes are printed under caps/tabs, the Doritos codes are printed on the outside of the bags.

That's pretty scummy for the kid who grabs a bag of chips thinking he can get double XP on his new COD game. I know you were ambigious in your statement but cmon....

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

Anyone who steals the code off a bag they didn't buy is a fucking asshole. Don't encourage that behavior.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
That's pretty scummy for the kid who grabs a bag of chips thinking he can get double XP on his new COD game. I know you were ambigious in your statement but cmon....
I've been chomping Doritos at my desk all week, don't you worry

The double XP doesn't even matter that much anyway. The seasons aren't starting until after launch (likely when everyone's double XP will be gone) and that's going to be the progression that matters. Getting to 55 is going to be easy.
Yeah, figured I'd mention regardless though. You can also only use an hour per day of it - that Adidas x Call of Duty promo is gonna have me racing to get to 55 before Friday:

tgn3prp455u31.jpg

You have to register on callofduty.com/adidas to participate I believe

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

As a follow up, be sure to save your points until Black Friday. Microsoft will most likely discount their rewards by quite a bit.

Also, in regards to the 2xp, the 12pack of 12oz Mountain Dew cans gives you 60 min of 2xp.

Last edited: