• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters
Oct 29, 2017
Are they kidding with Gulag showers map? It's just 3 repeated rooms in a row. Migjt be the laziest map ive ever seen

Piccadilly, hill, alkova peak (or whatever), ramazzan all look pretty dope tho

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
The double XP doesn't even matter that much. The seasons aren't starting until after launch (likely when everyone's double XP will be gone) and that's going to be the progression that matters. Getting to 55 is going to be easy though 2XP will be one hell of a boost for those wanting to speed through it.
I'm sure some people are going to hit 55 within a day and then experience bar-filling withdrawal until the seasonal ranks launch (not for at least a few weeks I'd guess). I think there are like 80 levels per weapon to progress through so hopefully that'll fill the void.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The double XP doesn't even matter that much. The seasons aren't starting until after launch (likely when everyone's double XP will be gone) and that's going to be the progression that matters. Getting to 55 is going to be easy though 2XP will be one hell of a boost for those wanting to speed through it.
The first season of Officer Ranks is at launch.

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure some people are going to hit 55 within a day and then experience bar-filling withdrawal until the seasonal ranks launch (not for at least a few weeks I'd guess). I think there are like 80 levels per weapon to progress through so hopefully that'll fill the void.

What do the weapon lvls unlock? Just different camo patterns?

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
is it? Do we really need to read a review before buying a CoD game to know what we're getting?

I do. I'm only in it for the campaign and I need the impressions/reviews to help me decide on getting this game or The Outer Worlds. If campaign is forgettable I won't bother. Right now we basically haven't seen shit about the campaign.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I do. I'm only in it for the campaign and I need the impressions/reviews to help me decide on getting this game or The Outer Worlds. If campaign is forgettable I won't bother. Right now we basically haven't seen shit about the campaign.

Haven't heard shit about spec ops either outside of that 2 minute long "trailer."

I need to know what spec ops actually is because that's what I'm most interested in.

So, yeah, waiting for either more details or actual reviews on this one.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

that's a good thing IMHO, we don't need to see anything about the campaign aside from the trailers we've got.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to pick this up at Redbox to play through the campaign Friday night. Wasn't a huge fan of the Beta, but I'll wait for impressions before officially jumping in for $60+ I like what they're doing here with the weapon customization though. Excited to play

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
Ugghh I want this but I also want outer wilds. 🙃🙃🙃🙃 ALSO sales are coming up real soon.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
that's a good thing IMHO, we don't need to see anything about the campaign aside from the trailers we've got.
Well, I still do. I appreciate devs that don't spoil too much but still. They are selling the campaign as some sort of new take on CoD campaigns. It's "more gritty" and realistic in terms of violence etc. I just haven't gotten that impression yet but it sounds super intriguing which is why I'm interested - but I'm not just gonna take their word for it.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Well, I still do. I appreciate devs that don't spoil too much but still. They are selling the campaign as some sort of new take on CoD campaigns. It's "more gritty" and realistic in terms of violence etc. I just haven't gotten that impression yet but it sounds super intriguing which is why I'm interested - but I'm not just gonna take their word for it.

Yeah, you can review a game without spoiling it...

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently there's an almost 60 gb patch day one? Idk why I even went physical at this point. I'm better off just preloading.

edit: according to charlie intel there's a 30 gb one then a 57 gb one.

Apr 8, 2018
Fuuuck, I've been watching some Campaign gameplay and it looks quite good. Idk if I can wait for a potential Black Friday price drop now lol.

Goddamn at those two large updates for physical copies. Are those on top of the Campaign, Multiplayer, and Spec Ops packs you download as well?

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Fuuuck, I've been watching some Campaign gameplay and it looks quite good. Idk if I can wait for a potential Black Friday price drop now lol.

Goddamn at those two large updates for physical copies. Are those on top of the Campaign, Multiplayer, and Spec Ops packs you download as well?

Does it look good? I'm so tempted, PCs cheaper but Xbox One X has that HDR 4K sweetness that I crave

Reviews drop Friday Morning in Europe

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
For the reviews, I just heard in a website's podcast that score/review will appear Friday morning (Europe time), so I guess probably 9:00 or 10:00 am

It would give :
  • 12:00am - 1:00am Pacific Oct 25
  • 3:00am - 4:00am East Oct 25
  • 8:00am - 9:00am UK Oct 25

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
For the reviews, I just heard in a website's podcast that score/review will appear Friday morning (Europe time), so I guess probably 9:00 or 10:00 am

It would give :
  • 12:00am - 1:00am Pacific Oct 25
  • 3:00am - 4:00am East Oct 25
  • 8:00am - 9:00am UK Oct 25
Which site?

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Ah cool, so it lifts on launch day as expected. Do we know if reviewers have copies then?
They said they know the score and can't talk about it but it will appear Friday morning during their stream which begins 9:00am (Europe time)
So yeah I guess they had review code

Apr 8, 2018

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
Price just dropped on the PS4 version only on Amazon to $49.94 with the $10 credit after the game ships. Xbox One version is still at $60. Sold.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Just a heads up, Amazon currently has the PS4 version (with release date shipping still available) for $49.94 with a $10 Prime member credit on top of that!

Nevermind TMC beat me! A good deal if you don't care about playing Thursday night

Today at work is absolutely crawling, I can't imagine what tomorrow will be like

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads up, Amazon currently has the PS4 version (with release date shipping still available) for $49.94 with a $10 Prime member credit on top of that!

Nevermind TMC beat me! A good deal if you don't care about playing Thursday night

Today at work is absolutely crawling, I can't imagine what tomorrow will be like

I'm pretty excited. This is my first CoD since MW2. I loved the beta and am super excited for Spec Ops.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait why the hell did they give the COD4 US Marine skin to an Australian character..?
makes me not even want to use it now.

Guess im maining Domino.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Is it wrong of me, playing on PC, to be excited using a controller because cross play is awesome? I want all my games in the future to have cross play.