• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying the MP a good deal, it just needs a little reworking to iron out some of the issues but I certainly wouldn't call it a dumpster fire. Map quality isn't up to 4 or MW2's standards (though I'm not sure I dislike any as much as wet work, bog, or shipment) and having only a small pool for each game mode really hurts it. Hopefully they'll put out a good number of maps at a decent clip, since that would go the longest way to making it better (if they're good).

Spec-Ops on the other hand is a disaster. Shocked that it released in such an obviously unfinished state. It's missing most of the content it should have, and the content it does have is more or less broken.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how much of an impact it would make but I'd totally be down to remove weapon mounting. Recoil isn't much of a factor in COD anyway and all it does is encourage camping.

It won't happen, though.

YourFriend

Nov 15, 2017
Camping is when you see people on 16-0 who can only ever be sitting in one spot watching one direction because with this games ridiculous TTK and extremely questionable map design, that is literally impossible when on the move. And they're doing that because they get rewarded with stupidly imbalanced killstreaks, which, with Kill Chain, get even more ridiculous. It's a highly flawed game.

Staying in the same power position with only one entrance with bouncing bettys that restock for the whole match looking down one lane of sight.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Map design is a major factor in making playstyles viable or not viable, camping included

YourFriend

Nov 15, 2017
I don't know how much of an impact it would make but I'd totally be down to remove weapon mounting. Recoil isn't much of a factor in COD anyway and all it does is encourage camping.

It won't happen, though.

I think this would help as well. The thing I can't stand is if I'm aiming and my character is anywhere near cover it instantly glues me to the cover messing up my aim in the process. I'm not sure how many time i've been killed mid gunfight because of this, but it is too many.

GamerKingFaiz

Nov 15, 2017
If I'm running the perk that spawns me to 2 explosives and I'm using C4 how do I place one C4 and blow it up? I'm using the same button and it just places the second one and then pressing it again blows both of them up.

kriskrosbbk

Oct 28, 2017
I probably play matches with all you people that are not camping because i think its not that bad? People run around, and some people camp.

I never got the spawncomplaining either, sometimes i spawn and yes 2 seconds later i die. But i never spawn right in front of someone, or vice versa.

Im not great but not bad either i hover around 1.50 K/D.

Honestly, is camping when you run around gathering 4 kills and then going real slow to get your fifth? And then i kill someone they see a 3 sec killcam of me crouching and then auto complain about camping?
My thoughts exactly. Thanks brother.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Camping is when you see people on 16-0 who can only ever be sitting in one spot watching one direction because with this games ridiculous TTK and extremely questionable map design, that is literally impossible when on the move. And they're doing that because they get rewarded with stupidly imbalanced killstreaks, which, with Kill Chain, get even more ridiculous. It's a highly flawed game.
These are probably the easiest to destroy killstreaks in any cod game.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
VTOL Jets and such are thankfully pretty easy to destroy, but Chopper Gunner and Gunship are by far the most annoying streaks I've come across in any of these games in years. They're also painfully frequent at times thanks to Kill Chain.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
VTOL Jets and such are thankfully pretty easy to destroy, but Chopper Gunner and Gunship are by far the most annoying streaks I've come across in any of these games in years. They're also painfully frequent at times thanks to Kill Chain.
Especially, since cold blood no longer works against man control killstreak. Others games, I try to shoot them down, but not in this game. Your only choice is to hide in buildings. Last night, in TDM, the game kept on spawning me outside for 4 deaths before finally put me in a protected building.

VoltySquirrel

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking only for myself: this is probably my favorite Call of Duty multiplayer since 4. I genuinely do love that the maps feel like real places I guess? The only maps I have any real problem with are Piccadilly and Euphretes Bridge, and even then the problem on those two really is the basic impossibility of a spawn rotation. I think if they made it easier to get spawned literally anywhere else than the same spot/side of the map, those maps would be significantly better. But the gunplay is the best it has literally ever been, I love how varied the guns are, even if people still just use the same like 3 things. The problems with this game are not structural ones, they're all things that can be fixed, like bad spawns, the 725 being utterly fucked, the wonky and buggy way challenges are tracked, and the M4 being just plain better than literally any other full-auto option.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking only for myself: this is probably my favorite Call of Duty multiplayer since 4. I genuinely do love that the maps feel like real places I guess? The only maps I have any real problem with are Piccadilly and Euphretes Bridge, and even then the problem on those two really is the basic impossibility of a spawn rotation. I think if they made it easier to get spawned literally anywhere else than the same spot/side of the map, those maps would be significantly better. But the gunplay is the best it has literally ever been, I love how varied the guns are, even if people still just use the same like 3 things. The problems with this game are not structural ones, they're all things that can be fixed, like bad spawns, the 725 being utterly fucked, and the M4 being better than literally any other full-auto option.

I think that it's the worst COD of the generation in terms of balance and whatnot, but agree that the movements, gunplay, etc. are impressive. A lot of the balancing issues can be fixed if IW is interested in fixing them, the issue if anything is the maps: not enough of them and hard to properly fix their design with minor upgrades. There's only like 5 classic 6v6 maps which is simply not enough, and most have broken spawns and too many dark corners and whatnot. That's something that I fear won't be fixed for several months, if ever. I mean, IW is already working on the next COD (and maybe on the rumored BR standalone F2P game), I doubt they have too many resources to dedicate to creating new maps with a different design philosophy.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
probably had the most frustrating match ever. cave map, they kept spawning me under a jet killstreak or whatever and i died over and over again to it. most lame shit ever. fuck this game. seriously every time i sit down to play, some dumb shit like that happens. claymores are fucking dumb. that shotgun is fucking dumb. folks camping by windows are fucking dumb. that jet killstreak is fucking dumb. picadilly and like half the maps where you just get spawn trapped is fucking dumb. game sucks brehs and i don't know how many patches it will take to fix the myriad of problems this game has. sticking to gunfight mode til they fix this shit

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Killstreaks are pretty easy to destroy in this game but only cause they're much more susceptible to bullets. You get your team to focus on a VTOL or Chopper Gunner and they will go down quick.

Rocket wise, yeah no. Killstreaks like the VTOL and Chopper this time around can tank a rocket hit. Not even the JOKR can one shot a VTOL.

VoltySquirrel

Oct 25, 2017
I think that it's the worst COD of the generation in terms of balance and whatnot, but agree that the movements, gunplay, etc. are impressive. A lot of the balancing issues can be fixed if IW is interested in fixing them, the issue if anything is the maps: not enough of them and hard to properly fix their design with minor upgrades. There's only like 5 classic 6v6 maps which is simply not enough, and most have broken spawns and too many dark corners and whatnot. That's something that I fear won't be fixed for several months, if ever. I mean, IW is already working on the next COD (and maybe on the rumored BR standalone F2P game), I doubt they have too many resources to dedicate to creating new maps with a different design philosophy.
I do agree that the paucity of maps is crummy, for sure. There's things in the game indicating content coming this month (there's that "Coming in November" thing in the co-op stuff somewhere) so that might start to alleviate the problem. I do agree that dark places are maybe too powerful to not camp in. I appreciate the contrast but even on my HDR tv it can be hard to see people sometimes.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is anyone's score per minute bugged ? My combat record says 550 spm and I have a hard time believing that as slow as this game plays.

VoltySquirrel

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone's score per minute bugged ? My combat record says 550 spm and I have a hard time believing that as slow as this game plays.
No, just as slow as you do. /s

I genuinely have no idea, I don't remember mine being 550. The only display bug like that I know of, beyond just challenges not showing progress randomly, is how the ping display adds an extra zero.

Oct 27, 2017
Killstreaks are pretty easy to destroy in this game but only cause they're much more susceptible to bullets. You get your team to focus on a VTOL or Chopper Gunner and they will go down quick.

Rocket wise, yeah no. Killstreaks like the VTOL and Chopper this time around can tank a rocket hit. Not even the JOKR can one shot a VTOL.

Yup, it takes like 3-4 pila rockets to take that harrier down. Back in MW2 it took one godamn stinger shot. People used to bitch about all the killstreaks in mw2, but they were easy to take down if you had a stinger class.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Jeebus. Everything in this POS is broken. I know it's beating a dead horse, but let me enumarate:

Spawns
Maps
Weapon Balance
TDM scoreboard doesn't show deaths
Dom scoreboard doesn't show captures (WTF?)
Netcode isn't good.
Team balancing is broken too.
Crashing/tech issues abound on PC/XB1
Challenges don't register properly
Launchers (RPGs, etc) need KILLS instead of streak destruction for camos (LOL)
Launchers splash damage is MW and MW2 levels
Encountered content ownership issues at start up (PS4)

...and so on.

Aside from Gunfight, Gunsmith, and gunplay, what else did it nail?

VoltySquirrel

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, it takes like 3-4 pila rockets to take that harrier down. Back in MW2 it took one godamn stinger shot. People used to bitch about all the killstreaks in mw2, but they were easy to take down if you had a stinger class.
I think the thing that does it is that it takes one rocket to trigger the flares, and two to actually bring it down. Unless you have a munitions box, you have to use your gun to finally bring that chopper down.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do agree that the paucity of maps is crummy, for sure. There's things in the game indicating content coming this month (there's that "Coming in November" thing in the co-op stuff somewhere) so that might start to alleviate the problem. I do agree that dark places are maybe too powerful to not camp in. I appreciate the contrast but even on my HDR tv it can be hard to see people sometimes.

It's ironic: much of the community was so damn happy to lose Black Ops 3/4's "Disneyland on drugs" visual identity, with supercolourful unserious maps and people running around with unicorn, panda or snowman skins using pink weapons changing looks. Their visuals are now very natural and realistic, but this decision absolutely murdered visibility, and map readability, with this more natural style also creating a lot of areas that just don't feel particularly balanced or fun to play. I think this sums up nearly all issues this game has: they wanted to go so far away with what people hated about recent CODs that they slaughtered all the positive elements they had in an attempt to overcompensate for recent games' shortcomings.

BO4's insane TTK -> one of the lowest TTKs ever.
Unrealistic designs -> everything needs to look totally real.
Poinstreaks and ways to counter 'em -> gone, back to the OP killstreaks from MW1.
Claymores, betties and other traps gone -> back in full force, stronger than ever in fact.

I could go on. Hopefully they learn the right lessons from the game and manage to correct the course at least a bit because technically they have an incredibly strong foundation to build upon. It's just that they might not deem it worth a try: the next COD is out this time next year, they have a COD to deliver in 2 years probably (we're not aware of a third studio being back in the rotation for now) and possibly even that standalone BR mode in the next months. They might not want to take resources away from the next projects to correct the course for this game. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jeebus. Everything in this POS is broken. I know it's beating a dead horse, but let me enumarate:

Spawns
Maps
Weapon Balance
Netcode isn't good.

...and so on.

You should get a nice cup of tea.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Question: Can two players on the same console get online together? I had fun doing that with my friend in Advanced Warfare.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019

Spawns
Maps
Weapon Balance
Netcode isn't good.

...and so on.

I don't even want to get started on some of the bugs/issues I've encountered every day playing the game. Everyday a new issue pops up that I haven't encountered before. At this point, I'm just playing to reach max level and bailing out so I don't feel like I wasted money on something I barely played.

I'm trying so hard to like it and I can't. I don't enjoy it in its current state, none of my friends do and between all of us we always end up quitting early. At this point I might as well just redownload BO4.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Was BO4's TTK really that high? No wonder it was the first CoD in years that really clicked for me when it came out. I prefer higher TTK in so many ways.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Spawns
Maps
Weapon Balance
Netcode isn't good.

...and so on.

You can only play with a party of 4 in Ground War. In other modes? Party of 6. In Ground War only a party of 4. It's dumb.

Oct 29, 2017
Does anybody know if they really removed 'Realism Mode' as I saw an article on another site about this, currently at work so unable to check :(

Its so interesting to me to see such diverse opinions on this game...there are things that need to be improved for sure but I guess I'm not as picky as others because it doesn't seem like the steaming pile of dogshit people say it is. Hell last night I went 22-1 on the cave level in 6v6 TDM and I'm sure the other team thought I was cheating somehow but for some reason everything just clicked that match. loved every second of it.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
Was BO4's TTK really that high? No wonder it was the first CoD in years that really clicked for me when it came out. I prefer higher TTK in so many ways.
Yes. First, Treyarch CODs usually have higher TTK. Add in 150 health vs normal 100 plus body armor, and thus, the TTK is so much higher.

Here's my tip against campers, smoke grenade and RPG. Don't run into a room to get claymore or gun. Send a rocket into the room and blow their their ass up. Next time, you can be sure they will think twice about camping that same spot.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Really? I feel like I see VTOL's, Choppers and Gunships SO MUCH less than I did during BLOPS4. I feel like they really toned down the affect Killstreaks have on the outcome of a match.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's the highest in the franchise, it also felt the best to constantly fight in. They could've tweaked the stim pack mechanics more but a high TTK was peak of CoD health to me. And it still remained run and gun. I'm really really looking forward to Treyarchs next year.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really really looking forward to Treyarchs next year.

I just wish Treyarch would have an extra year.

It's fucked up Activision is making them push the new CoD out a year earlier. Combine that with the fact it'll run on base consoles, Pro/X consoles, and next-gen consoles, and the insane crunch Treyarch devs are going to have to do...

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Really? I feel like I see VTOL's, Choppers and Gunships SO MUCH less than I did during BLOPS4. I feel like they really toned down the affect Killstreaks have on the outcome of a match.

I guess it depends on game mode. I see them, especially VTOLs, in 10v10 Domination all the damn time. Multiple VTOLs every game, all the time, everywhere. I see them outside, I see them inside, I see them in the sky, I see them when I close my eyes.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess it depends on game mode. I see them, especially VTOLs, in 10v10 Domination all the damn time. Multiple VTOLs every game, all the time, everywhere. I see them outside, I see them inside, I see them in the sky, I see them when I close my eyes.

This could be true I avoid the 10v10 game modes as I find them to be trash most of the time.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
This patch and really make the game great or kill the game. Even during the week I now only have at max 2 people playing the game now compared to Black Ops 4. These issues are really hurting the game.

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
cyX3iqx.png

instead of having maps with 1000 buildings
I wish we can have more simple maps with no buildings maybe a few trees and a small river with small hills
I remember playing Ghost Recon 2 on the OG xbox and GRAW on the 360
camping was never an issue

MORE NATURE MAPS
have some snow maps
snowing night maps with howling wolves (insert MGS reference)
fuck these campathon maps with a million structures

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017

Spawns
Maps
Weapon Balance
Netcode isn't good.

...and so on.

There's bugs with hipfire, pronefire, and the bipod.

And while I know your only talking about the PvP portion of the game, I still want to include Spec Ops. It's clearly a slapped together mode with dumb objective locations, awful enemy spawns, all done on an absurdly large map that is clearly meant for an unfinished battle royale mode.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
I really suck at using the Wheelson. I've called it three or four times and think I've only ever had one kill lol; not sure what I'm doing wrong, can't hit anyone with it. Switching to the auto turret.