• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
My whole stance on this whole "adapt or stop playing" argument I've been seeing basically since the Beta is pretty simple: if I wanted to play a tactical shooter where I have to slowly go around each corner because otherwise I get melted before I even realize where I'm being shot from I'll just go and play R6 Siege or CSGO.
This is CoD we're talking about, CoD has been running around getting a ton of kills a minute since before some of the current playerbase was even born.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I find running and gunning pretty effective with a silenced MP5, cold blooded, ghost, and whatever that recharge one is with dead silence. But, I don't play all seriously, and I don't really give a shit when I get blasted by a shotty when entering a room. I'm really enjoying the MP a lot.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
My whole stance on this whole "adapt or stop playing" argument I've been seeing basically since the Beta is pretty simple: if I wanted to play a tactical shooter where I have to slowly go around each corner because otherwise I get melted before I even realize where I'm being shot from I'll just go and play R6 Siege or CSGO.
This is CoD we're talking about, CoD has been running around getting a ton of kills a minute since before some of the current playerbase was even born.
The real funny part about anyone saying the game needs to be played more tactical is that fucking R6 Siege pacing is much faster than this game on average. Anyone who has played Siege can attest to that as well (if you're playing in the Gold 1 and above tiers).

Even then, those games are completely designed around tactical play. CoD isn't.

He'd have to ignore 95% of the thread.
Which is why he keeps coming through with his low effort posts and drivebys. 🙃

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
Still no Shoot House 24/7 playlist?

Yep, I've died like this tons of times. Gotten killed when I've been hiding (or THOUGHT I was hiding) behind a corner, never even seeing the enemy who was quite literally right in front of me.
Since mounting is so prevalent hopefully they will look into asap.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Challenges are still broken. Was working on the scavenger 60 times mission and it un selected the mission randomly and now its set back to 0/60.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Yea it's definitely people playing bad for why they don't like the game and not shit that's out of their control.

Fuck outta here with this stupid shit. If you don't like that people are complaining, there's an ignore button.

It's the same complaints though, the camping isn't going to stop. The complaining should.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Challenges still broken, the 5 kill streak doesn't count while I did get the double kills.

Shotguns still kill me in one shot from quite the range, like a full stairway. M4 is still very strong, I don't notice much of a nerf tbh.

Camping is probably my jam, this is the most fun CoD i played in ages.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Ground War is deadset absolute garbage. If they hoped to somehow beat BF at its own game they failed soundly with that one. Such a huge pain in the ass to play and so damn buggy

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017

FUCKING THANK YOU THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING

Playing slow and tactical and should be totally viable, and I'm not hating on it, and I'm doing well when I play that way. But it shouldn't be THE way to play in a series that has never prioritized that (or at least not in a decade+), that's just not what at all I come to this series for or was expecting out of this. I'm totally fine with people liking or preferring this, and I don't want them to totally remove camping, just make run and gun/more aggressive gameplay at least viable or on par. It's absolutely fucking infuriating to see people saying "just adapt" and/or "get good" when that's NOT the actual complaint.

More on topic: 725 is still totally busted, not noticing any appreciable difference on either end of it. Haven't played with the M4 yet but people still seem to be doing the exact same work with it. I'm currently trying to level the SCAR to see if I like it; it's been my go-to in multiple previous entries, and at early levels I feel like it either totally slaps people, or I lose horribly in encounters I feel like I should definitely win. It's pretty inconsistent, and the one downside to the Gunsmith is you've got to level up guns a ways to get attachments to get a proper feel for things which is kind of annoying. I'm hoping it turns out good though, it's always been my favorite. Reverting the sprint speeds to the beta ones is MUCH appreciated and I really like it. I am still getting one-shotted by Claymores in ridiculous angles WHILE running EOD, so that definitely needs some tuning.

Edit: Oh I see EOD is just outright broken now, that might explain at least some of that lol. Also, does anyone know what the window is now for kills after reload to count for the camo? If it's reasonable now I might actually bother getting golds.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
It's the same complaints though, the camping isn't going to stop. The complaining should.
Lol, so? If you actually understood exactly what people are complaining about with the camping (because it's definitely not the matter of it existing) you would see that it's more to those complaints. Like, 3 people in this thread have explained multiple times the exact issue with the camping and a YouTuber even explained. If you're still posting about adapting, you're not even bothering to listen or respond to the explanations

Oct 27, 2017
Challenges still broken, the 5 kill streak doesn't count while I did get the double kills.

Shotguns still kill me in one shot from quite the range, like a full stairway.
M4 is still very strong, I don't notice much of a nerf tbh.

Camping is probably my jam, this is the most fun CoD i played in ages.

That seems like a quite reasonable range for a shotgun?

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I see more SBMM complaint posts on Reddit now, FML

I was never a big subscriber to this sbmm is the boogyman thing. But it feels really bad in this game. Pubs for me litterally feel like competitive game battles matches without the balance of the competive rule set.

Also with all the comments from the devs about protecting less skilled players. I wouldn't be surprised if they have skill weighted higher in this game.

Sbmm is in all the games in some fashion. I'm also seeing longer wait times for lobbies and tons of keyboard and mouse players in controller lobbies now.

So I don't know what to think all I know is the lobbies I get in this game are way more skilled than past games. Like I gotta apply gamer grip every lobby and try my ass off.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Headquarters on Shoot House is absolute shit. It just further shows how bad the spawn system is.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If someone kills you and you run back to that same exact spot to get killed by him despite knowing exactly where he is then it's kind of a you problem to be perfectly honest. Getting killed by someone who's actually camping should almost always lead to you killing them your next life.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was never a big subscriber to this sbmm is the boogyman thing. But it feels really bad in this game. Pubs for me litterally feel like competitive game battles matches without the balance of the competive rule set.

Also with all the comments from the devs about protecting less skilled players. I wouldn't be surprised if they have skill weighted higher in this game.

Sbmm is in all the games in some fashion. I'm also seeing longer wait times for lobbies and tons of keyboard and mouse players in controller lobbies now.

So I don't know what to think all I know is the lobbies I get in this game are way more skilled than past games. Like I gotta apply gamer grip every lobby and try my ass off.

don't get me wrong I know the game has SBMM to some degree, it's the strength of it I disagree with and the fact that people getting stomped automatically jump to that now, I think it's just people who play CoD are that good now, the skill ceiling has been raised because people have been playing for 10 years now, there aren't the noobs that there were, and it's also the fans (who will be better at the game) that pick it up on launch, I also think platform makes a difference too so would be interested to know what platform people play on when they complain about SBMM.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's also interesting reading the threads about SBMM, all people want to do is smash n00bs/low skilled players and go massively positive and if they aren't doing that they aren't having fun.

that's all CoD is, a KD/R bragging rights game, the actual game isn't fun to them, it's the stats/amount of nukes they get they can brag about on Reddit that's the draw

Deleted member 21996

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
An entirely different problem that I have encountered a few times is being thrown off by the blue dot of an ally being right above the enemy which resulted in me being killed.

Anyone else suffered from this?

Oh yes, had this happen to me twice today. Would be nice to replace these indicators with a stronger colour hue to avoid this sort of confusion.

Initial thoughts of patch:

725 and M4 are still strong. Recoil noticeable on the M4, but it's still good at range. M4 lovers need not fret. Still dying to the 725 most of all.

Footstep sound reduction is situational. At times I've been surprised to see an enemy, and I don't think they were running dead silence. I think the occlusion thing is definitely present.

Most noticeable difference is the speed. A couple of times I've slid into cover and overshot. Definitely gives matches a slightly higher tempo. Camping hasn't magically disappeared though and won't without an overhaul of the maps and TTK.

And yay, my character no longer calls out enemies i can't see.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Shoot House is considerably more chaotic than any of the other 6v6 maps.

And it's great. This is the sort of stuff I look for in a CoD.

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
It's also interesting reading the threads about SBMM, all people want to do is smash n00bs/low skilled players and go massively positive and if they aren't doing that they aren't having fun.

that's all CoD is, a KD/R bragging rights game, the actual game isn't fun to them, it's the stats/amount of nukes they get they can brag about on Reddit that's the draw
You are hilariously wrong about this. At least for me. I absolutely hate the strength of the SBMM. (Yes the strength is unbelievable high, I have been reverse boosting in order to still be able to play with my little nephew, instead of him being absolutely destroyed when partying up with me).

People like you think no/toned down SBMM means a god playing vs 6 noobs. Where do you get that idea? Where does not having as strong of a SBMM mean pubstomping every game?.

I want to run and gun with a pistol with an oil can as an attachment without getting 0 kills (no this doesn't mean I need/want a nuke with a pistol). I want to play relaxed when I want to and play competitive when I want to. People in the higher skilled bracket have no other play style than popping Adderall to get kills.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017

No it isn't, people just want a matchmaking system that emphasizes connection over skill based connection, and people want to play this game casually without having to sweat like a bitch like they are in some type of MLG tournament in order to have any type of success.

Oct 25, 2017
Just played on One X.
Can't believe vertical tearing is still happening when playing on a 4K screen.
It's even more annoying on Shoot House, which isn't even a huge map.
Fuck.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You are hilariously wrong about this. At least for me. I absolutely hate the strength of the SBMM. (Yes the strength is unbelievable high, I have been reverse boosting in order to still be able to play with my little nephew, instead of him being absolutely destroyed when partying up with me).

People like you think no/toned down SBMM means a god playing vs 6 noobs. Where do you get that idea? Where does not having as strong of a SBMM mean pubstomping every game?.

I want to run and gun with a pistol with an oil can as an attachment without getting 0 kills (no this doesn't mean I need/want a nuke with a pistol). I want to play relaxed when I want to and play competitive when I want to. People in the higher skilled bracket have no other play style than popping Adderall to get kills.
No it isn't, people just want a matchmaking system that emphasizes connection over skill based connection, and people want to play this game casually without having to sweat like a bitch like they are in some type of MLG tournament in order to have any type of success.

If you think I'm talking about you you're wrong, I'm not, I'm talking about the posts on Reddit from people moaning about it, not the casual player

Oct 27, 2017
My birthday's coming up and I just bought an Elite II so I'm hoping to pick this up for the Xbox. Do Call of Duty games usually go on sale at all this soon? Wondering if I should wait for a $10 off sale if it's theoretically coming up in the next couple weeks.

N2BearHugs

May 29, 2018
Ugh, shoot house sucks. It's the crowded, chaotic, blinding fast ttk, boring three lane COD that I thought we had gotten away from. And because it's a 24/7 mode, nearly every quick match lands on it. Yay, you got 30 kills and 30 deaths! Cluster strike! Cluster Strike! Cluster Strike! Isn't this FUN! (Puts 725 into mouth)

Ellite25

Oct 30, 2017
Having played every COD game since COD2 I can confirm this guy is talking nonsense. Ignore him.

Camping in this game is the worst I have ever seen by an incredible margin.
I've played all of them as well. Glad you're able to confirm this though. Sorry my opinion differs from people. You're all so quick to jump down my throat about it. I legitimately don't see it as a problem. I just check corners where I know people like to sit. I don't run around nonstop. Maybe we just have different preferences. But I don't know, people have been sitting in corners with claymores and silencers since these games came out.