• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Shoot House is a goddamn mess. I feel like this is a monkey paw situation where they put this out quick to try to appease people who wanted faster gameplay/run and gun back, but it's way too tiny with too many angles for 6v6. I just played a Domination match on it where every single person in the lobby had at least 15 captures LOL. The map itself seems okay but it has the problem most maps in this game have where it's the swiss cheese effect and there's just way too many angles and windows and sightlines. If 3v3 or 4v4 was a thing in this game it'd probably work well for that, but it's pretty awful in 6v6 IMO.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly have to ask this question. Does this developer even know how to make maps anymore? Every single one of them is a mess.

Treyarch is the only one I suppose.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I have yet to play Domination on Shoot House, but HQ on it is delightfully chaotic. Insane, even. Nice change of pace.

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
I have NEVER in my life, seen so many players gravitate to only 2 weapons. What a pathetic playerbase.
Agreed. Last night, even with the stupid break up the lobby in between every match, 90% of the lobby was using a 725/M4
725 Completely eliminates any gunfight to have. You shoot first, get the better angle? Doesn't matter, 725 deletes your character from the memory of the game files.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ground War is deadset absolute garbage. If they hoped to somehow beat BF at its own game they failed soundly with that one. Such a huge pain in the ass to play and so damn buggy

I think it's because of the spawns overall, the way the TTK is super fast compared to BF. The grenade spam, and most of all, the killstreak rewards. The rewards are the biggest contributor to the shitstorm. I mean, take it out, and you'll have an easier time. Also, they should borrow Battlefield's flag capping score thing.
don't get me wrong I know the game has SBMM to some degree, it's the strength of it I disagree with and the fact that people getting stomped automatically jump to that now, I think it's just people who play CoD are that good now, the skill ceiling has been raised because people have been playing for 10 years now, there aren't the noobs that there were, and it's also the fans (who will be better at the game) that pick it up on launch, I also think platform makes a difference too so would be interested to know what platform people play on when they complain about SBMM.

People are deluded if they think past CODs didn't have SBMM. I honestly am OK with it. I mean, I get smashed a lot of times usually by squads, but that's life. If it was EVERY friggin' game, then yeah, there's a problem. I don't pretend I'm some hotshot and stick to what I know I can do. That said, I still hate some of the stuff that aren't fixed, but SBMM isn't one of them.
FUCKING THANK YOU THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING

Playing slow and tactical and should be totally viable, and I'm not hating on it, and I'm doing well when I play that way. But it shouldn't be THE way to play in a series that has never prioritized that (or at least not in a decade+), that's just not what at all I come to this series for or was expecting out of this. I'm totally fine with people liking or preferring this, and I don't want them to totally remove camping, just make run and gun/more aggressive gameplay at least viable or on par. It's absolutely fucking infuriating to see people saying "just adapt" and/or "get good" when that's NOT the actual complaint.

More on topic: 725 is still totally busted, not noticing any appreciable difference on either end of it. Haven't played with the M4 yet but people still seem to be doing the exact same work with it. I'm currently trying to level the SCAR to see if I like it; it's been my go-to in multiple previous entries, and at early levels I feel like it either totally slaps people, or I lose horribly in encounters I feel like I should definitely win. It's pretty inconsistent, and the one downside to the Gunsmith is you've got to level up guns a ways to get attachments to get a proper feel for things which is kind of annoying. I'm hoping it turns out good though, it's always been my favorite. Reverting the sprint speeds to the beta ones is MUCH appreciated and I really like it. I am still getting one-shotted by Claymores in ridiculous angles WHILE running EOD, so that definitely needs some tuning.

Edit: Oh I see EOD is just outright broken now, that might explain at least some of that lol. Also, does anyone know what the window is now for kills after reload to count for the camo? If it's reasonable now I might actually bother getting golds.

Yes, exactly. My take on this? These people that continue saying "play tactical" or whatever, are just happy that they have a COD they can dow ell in now. Compared to before that it was mostly run n gun.

Ground War is deadset absolute garbage. If they hoped to somehow beat BF at its own game they failed soundly with that one. Such a huge pain in the ass to play and so damn buggy

I think it's because of the spawns overall, the way the TTK is super fast compared to BF. The grenade spam, and most of all, the killstreak rewards. The rewards are the biggest contributor to the shitstorm. I mean, take it out, and you'll have an easier time. Also, they should borrow Battlefield's flag capping score thing.
don't get me wrong I know the game has SBMM to some degree, it's the strength of it I disagree with and the fact that people getting stomped automatically jump to that now, I think it's just people who play CoD are that good now, the skill ceiling has been raised because people have been playing for 10 years now, there aren't the noobs that there were, and it's also the fans (who will be better at the game) that pick it up on launch, I also think platform makes a difference too so would be interested to know what platform people play on when they complain about SBMM.

People are deluded if they think past CODs didn't have SBMM. I honestly am OK with it. I mean, I get smashed a lot of times usually by squads, but that's life. If it was EVERY friggin' game, then yeah, there's a problem. I don't pretend I'm some hotshot and stick to what I know I can do. That said, I still hate some of the stuff that aren't fixed, but SBMM isn't one of them.

I just read the patch notes and they nerfed the M4? :(
Nah. They did nerf it but it's barely noticable.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
In ground war I just stay by the B and C flags and stay inside the buildings. No snipers or vehicles to worry about.
I honestly have to ask this question. Does this developer even know how to make maps anymore? Every single one of them is a mess.

Treyarch is the only one I suppose.
Treyarch hasn't made good maps since Black Ops 2

Oct 27, 2017
My whole stance on this whole "adapt or stop playing" argument I've been seeing basically since the Beta is pretty simple: if I wanted to play a tactical shooter where I have to slowly go around each corner because otherwise I get melted before I even realize where I'm being shot from I'll just go and play R6 Siege or CSGO.
This is CoD we're talking about, CoD has been running around getting a ton of kills a minute since before some of the current playerbase was even born.
Yup, CoD has been trying hard not be be CoD lately. I get it when most of the fan base was begging for innovation, but they've realized the error in that awhile ago and jut want last gen CoD. Give us MW2R already dammit.
I have NEVER in my life, seen so many players gravitate to only 2 weapons. What a pathetic playerbase.
The community always focuses on the strongest weapon but yea, this go round is ridiculous.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
You'll never see Nuketown in a IW game. We will get Rust though
I would much rather see Excess from Infinite Warfare return. Rust with room to breathe.
As it should. Maybe that will teach IW a lesson and that will make that Cecot guy not ever make a COD game ever again. Everyone wins when that happens.
Infinity Ward (and fans) would do well to realize "military realism" is neither fun nor makes sense in a game where "realism" is completely arbitrary. Some weapons handle realistically, others do not. Some soldiers kill eleven people in a row and call in an attack chopper, while in real life you'd sit in cover and call in artillery to minimize the risk of poking your head out and getting shot. Realism is not something to aspire to in a game like this, and selective realism is harmful in the long run.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shoot House is probably the best map the game has. It's not a good map, however. Also spawns flip quite a lot here to quite some hilarity.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao @ the shotgun post-nerf.

Still getting 1-shotted @ long range.

When's the next patch ?

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, GW is the worst part of this game. Followed by Spec Ops and then SP.

It's terrible.
I have yet to play Domination on Shoot House, but HQ on it is delightfully chaotic. Insane, even. Nice change of pace.

I played several rounds of HQ on it and had a blast. Too chaotic? Yes, but a nice palate cleanser compared to some of the bigger maps.

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
This new ground war map is pretty bad. I played it twice and both times enemy team spawn trapped my team to base with all flags taken, and it didn't take long before someone from the opposite team got the nuke.

Ground war would be so much better if they removed tanks and such. Imo such vehicles don't belong to CoD.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shoot House has people constantly spawn inches away from an enemy, either being shot at in tenths of a second or fucking somebody in the back who didn't expect an enemy to spawn literally behind his back. They just can't seem to get these spawns right, either it keeps on flipping like crazy like in this map, or it never flips and you get spawntrapped.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Good to see the patch didn't do jack shit for the 725 or the M4. And SMGs are still fucking trash. This fucking game.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I found myself mostly hating the game until I started playing the NVG mode. It felt so much better and engaging than the regular mode. Just less bullshit and more suspense.

Now I start the game and realize the playlist has been removed. I tried playing the new map and playing some of the other modes, but it just feels like a terrible slog.

- The game rewards camping by having dead silence be a field upgrade. Being mobile is a death sentence for anyone that's not a headshot machine with the reflexes of an MLG player.
- The maps are so fucking cluttered that it's impossible to actually see where everyone is.
- Everyone's running ghost, so not even the spotter grenade is useful to track enemies.
- Not appearing on the minimap when shooting unsilenced even further encourages camping.
- The spawns make objective modes terrible since you always spawn really far away, and have to pass through all of the fucking hotzones that campers have on lockdown.
- No demolition, which is the best mode.
- Skill based matchmaking, but no penalty for leaving? Most of the times, I join a losing team mid-session because people just ragequit. How about a 10 minute ban after leaving?

All of my lives in the game are either:
- Me running and getting good kills by keeping track of where my teammates are, where they're being shot from.
- Me getting killed by a camper.
- Me getting a kill, but then immediately being killed by their teammate behind right next to them.

I spent around 60 days of playtime across MW2, Blops and MW3, and goddamn do I miss those games in comparison.

If you want to fix the game, replace ghost with dead silence, and make ghost a field order, and make suppressors the only way to hide yourself from the minimap when shooting.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol just played a match of HQ where the defenders kept respawning somehow. Good to know that cheating/exploiting joins the laundry list of issues too.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
I want so desperately to love this game. I just don't know how the hell they are going to overhaul the MP to the point where the camping is discouraged given the way the maps are.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Patch sounds great. Shame its still crashing my 1X. Getting tired of it. Think I will put it aside until an actual patch to fix it arrives.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Seeing all the complaints about having to play tactically is just depressing and makes me afraid they are gonna cave in and go back to the mindless 3 lane running and gunning BS that made me quit CoD years back. Because having to play tactically is why this is the first CoD I've bought since idk when. The mindless running and gunning and constant dropshotting is why I dropped the series and moved to BF in the first place. This is the first CoD since the original Black Ops where I feel like I have options on how I wanna play. I can run and gun or I can play more tactically and hold buildings or corners and still be able to win
Whereas before it was run n gun or GTFO and that was annoying as fuck because it came down to whoever could dropshot better or whoever had the better gun. Strategy didn't matter at all.

It's nice to have positioning and strategy matter again.

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Seeing all the complaints about having to play tactically is just depressing and makes me afraid they are gonna cave in and go back to the mindless 3 lane running and gunning BS that made me quit CoD years back. Because having to play tactically is why this is the first CoD I've bought since idk when. The mindless running and gunning and constant dropshotting is why I dropped the series and moved to BF in the first place. This is the first CoD since the original Black Ops where I feel like I have options on how I wanna play. I can run and gun or I can play more tactically and hold buildings or corners and still be able to win
Whereas before it was run n gun or GTFO and that was annoying as fuck because it came down to whoever could dropshot better or whoever had the better gun. Strategy didn't matter at all.

It's nice to have positioning and strategy matter again.

Yeah i dont mind it either. I find this a lot more fun. But im sure theyll cave. Soon, shotguns will do no damage and claymores will be useless. I give it 2 months

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
New map is great for what it is

cant tell if it's a reworked or large gunfight map or if it was meant to be a 6v6

im hoping they can drip 6v6 maps faster and have more medium sized maps. hoping the next 2 are 6v6 maps and they hold off on gunfight and gw for another time. We need more 6v6 fast

patiently waiting for the old minimap and further footstep tweaks to walking and crouching.

still think they need to nerf ghost and give claymores one more nerf, particularly A buff to spotter

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah i dont mind it either. I find this a lot more fun. But im sure theyll cave. Soon, shotguns will do no damage and claymores will be useless. I give it 2 months
I'm fine with them balancing the Claymores actually. I honestly prefer Frags or Mollies anyway. The shotguns I'm indifferent to. I don't have a problem with shotguns being strong. But it also wouldn't destroy me if they made them weaker.

What i don't want them to change though is this new map philosophy they have going. The maps are more interesting and random. They aren't just basically the same 3 lane design with different skins and surroundings on them. They just need to tweak the spawn system to make it harder to trap players in their spawn and I'll be happy as hell with the game as it sits now.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Well of course it's still gonna feel good. Their goal was to balance it not break it.
Lmao that and the M4 nerf might as well not have been done. Both are still dominant weapons. Their tweaking did almost nothing to how powerful they are.

Drift0r did a video on the post patch and he is also reporting minimal nerfs to the M4 and 725.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Lmao that and the M4 nerf might as well not have been done. Both are still dominant weapons. Their tweaking did almost nothing to how powerful they are.

Drift0r did a video on the post patch and he is also reporting minimal nerfs to the M4 and 725.
And i see no problem with that. The point of balance is not to take what is currently the strongest and make it the worst. The point is to take what is overpowered and bring it more in line with the rest of the game and it's very hard to nail that on the first try. So yeah it's probably gonna take a few more tweaks before the 725 and the M4 are where they need to be.

I would take small incremental tweaks over hamfisted nerfbat nonsense any day of the week. Small incremental changes actually put things where they need to be. The hamfisted nerfbat way of doing things just breaks things and that doesn't help anyone.