• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

broony

Oct 27, 2017
Spec ops is shite. Feels like you are playing the super hard endgame version of the mode. Needs a rethink as it could be great if they add difficulty levels. Normal has no enemy respawn but shitloads of enemies. Heroic had same but take more damage. Elite Turbo shit show mode is what they have now where you infinitely spawning enemies and you have to cheese your way through.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well if it's a chokepoint or a common acces point then that is just strategy. It's smart to be where people are.

Now if it's just some random sitting in a corner in a building on the edge of the map then yeah that's just dumb.

If it's TDM I'll take that dude anyday over the run n gunner going 5-13 lol (sometimes I'm that dude)

In other news, the daily missions track better in exchange for the permanent missions not tracking at all. Great

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or is the spec ops mode stupidly hard!???. Enemies spawn behind pillars and you dont get a full ammo replenish on your spawn back into the game, fixing these 2 issues would make the mode a lot more balanced

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
So for every 10 challenges done in the officer ranks, what is supposed to happen? I've gotten 20 done so far and nothings changed

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Ignoring the problem is indeed what IW seems to be doing right now with regards to campers
You can't ignore a problem that doesn't exist. People playing safer and smarter is not a problem and it's not "camping". That's how it should work in the first place. If you have someone sitting in a corner with a shotgun then THAT is camping. But if you have someone moving between windows at a chokepoint that is not camping. That is strategy.

It's like people just wanna run and gun without having to worry about things like checking corners and thinking about the routes they take. And that is just ridiculous. All you have to do is play smarter.

Ellite25

Oct 30, 2017
Sometimes I kill someone and then crouch down in a corner to protect myself while reloading. Sometimes an enemy walks through a door as I'm doing that and I kill them. Is that camping? Cuz that happens a lot because people just run around without paying attention. Rarely do I just sit in a corner (unless it's headquarters and I'm protecting), but people probably think I'm camping.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You can't ignore a problem that doesn't exist. People playing safer and smarter is not a problem and it's not "camping". That's how it should work in the first place. If you have someone sitting in a corner with a shotgun then THAT is camping. But if you have someone moving between windows at a chokepoint that is not camping. That is strategy.

It's like people just wanna run and gun without having to worry about things like checking corners and thinking about the routes they take. And that is just ridiculous. All you have to do is play smarter.
And if someone is actually camping there's really no reason that you shouldn't be able to just go back and kill them. Like, you know exactly where they are.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Yeahh getting back into my modern warfare flow... had some great games.

The game is more tactical than what cod had started to become. That's it. If someone is camping flush them out. Check your corners. Etc

Also I don't think everyone gets the claymore nerf.
This is an unrealistic expectation when camping is done by many players

you cant flashbang every corner. U cant flush out someone who has numerous tools to dig in

The issue isn't necessarily campers either, i love the game has returned to allow power positions.

but the balance heavily favours camping over movement

footsteps, ghost, minimap all reward less movement

the changes to footsteps are great. Im glad they're continuing to mute them next patch. Claymores too though I think spotter needs to delay detonation

minimap should return to normal too.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Dont know. But could be fixed with the upcoming big overhaul maybe.

Have fun until then.
You mean the unconfirmed overhaul that was rumored so close after launch? Yeah they aren't going to plan a complete "overhaul" so close after launch. No Dev would be stupid enough to drastically change their best selling game without gathering sufficient data and fan reaction first.

If you think they are suddenly gonna "overhaul" the game anytime soon and suddenly its gonna be the mindless run n gun game you apparently want then all you are doing is setting yourself up for disappointment. Especially after they have shown that they specifically crafted this game to move away from that.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes I kill someone and then crouch down in a corner to protect myself while reloading. Sometimes an enemy walks through a door as I'm doing that and I kill them. Is that camping? Cuz that happens a lot because people just run around without paying attention. Rarely do I just sit in a corner (unless it's headquarters and I'm protecting), but people probably think I'm camping.
If you sit down to reload or if you see that there's people coming in via UAV so you want to get the drop on them, who cares, you're playing tactically.

If you find a spot where you don't have to defend many angles and you sit there for more than a minute - go buy a tent so that you can set it up next time you camp.

Hidden One

Oct 26, 2017
❔❔❔
ofc COD Community treats new pure cluster fuck map like the greatest thing ever

I'll never understand why players enjoy cluster fuck maps like this.

aember

Oct 26, 2017

It's a pretty bad map for this game I'd say.

I didn't like it at first, then I sort of got into a groove I thought, but now after playing more I really dislike it. The launch maps are a billion times better.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I think the spawns got WORSE somehow.

They didn't do shit to that shotgun also what the fuck.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
And if someone is actually camping there's really no reason that you shouldn't be able to just go back and kill them. Like, you know exactly where they are.
Exactly. I don't get what the problem is. That is exactly why the game gives you something called "TACTICAL" grenades. If you know a guy is in a corner or in a room then flush him out with a frag or use a Flash/Stun.

And if that doesn't work then just move on. One dude camping in a corner is not gonna make or break your game. There are other enemies out there to kill. There is no reason to keep throwing yourself into a meat grinder other than stubbornness. Because if you are going after a single person over and over and losing then you are doing nothing but hurting your team and pissing yourself off. Just move on to new fights in other areas.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
You mean the unconfirmed overhaul that was rumored so close after launch? Yeah they aren't going to plan a complete "overhaul" so close after launch. No Dev would be stupid enough to drastically change their best selling game without gathering sufficient data and fan reaction first.

If you think they are suddenly gonna "overhaul" the game anytime soon and suddenly its gonna be the mindless run n gun game you apparently want then all you are doing is setting yourself up for disappointment. Especially after they have shown that they specifically crafted this game to move away from that.

Nerfing ghost and back to old minimap would be a big overhaul for me.

They have only shown that the Multiplayer Trailer was actually bullshit.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

I'm also not one of the people who enjoys these extremely small maps (maps such as Nuketown, Rust and Shipment are among my most disliked CoD maps when talking about regular public matches) but it sure as hell beats those other trash maps.
The fact that this game's spawns are complete dogshit also doesn't help obviously. The fact that you spawned within the enemy's line of sight just shows you how bad it is.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Nerfing ghost and back to old minimap would be a big overhaul for me.

They have just shown that the Multiplayer Trailer was actually bullshit.
And I'd be fine with that.

I'm not saying the game is perfect. The spawns suck atm, there are guns that need to be buffed/nerfed, tacticals need to be dialed in, Killstreaks need to be adjusted, launchers need to be able to level off of Killstreaks, and I really REALLY want them to fix the TTD because the TTK feels good, but the TTD feels instant.

I wanna be able to react to getting shot. I don't wanna hear a single bullet hit me and then drop dead.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Use a flashbang, use a stun, gas grenade, flank him from a different angle this time, or just let him have his spot and move on.

This isn't hard.
This is unrealistic and not reflective of how the game plays

You have 1 tactical grenade.

and you dont just leave someone in their spot when rarely Is he the only camper. Ignoring campers doesnt solve the problems that they bring: slower gameplay, and detrimental teammates/game flow.

a camper on your team who doesnt help push objectives brings down the team

I dont have an issue with camping necessarily. But when games are ending due to time limit over kills, then there's clearly an issue with players feeling motivated to bunker up and not move

ericsp17

Oct 27, 2017
I told myself I would bite the bullet and brute force my way thru spec ops for the final achievement. I can't. I just can't. Its so fucking bad. Why even name it spec ops? It couldn't be further from that type of high level content.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
White phosphorus is the best kill streak i love it every time i get it.
Cool effect seeing it coming from the sky down to the ground burning your enemies.