• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Lol this new map is a clusterfuck and I love it

A little too far in the other direction in terms of run and gun but this is the best the game has felt since launch for me

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Once again, I would encourage everyone who is saying "just play tactical" and it's easy to deal with campers to watch this:

The game has a multitude of issues contributing to the problem. Half the battle is just crossing an open street or area to get to a building or area where they are, and most people's response to that is use smoke grenades, which okay sure that's fair, but you can only have tactical grenade. So then you don't have the apparently infinite stun/flash/gas grenades you think we have to deal with the actual camper in the building. Which also disregards the fact that a lot of buildings and power positions are large enough that you can't reliably grenade or flash them, and pushing on them in either scenario often runs you into the two claymores they have up because they always have two and they're recharging because they're running Restock because if you're camping there's not much reason to NOT run that.

So yes, calling out people for expecting to be able to hipfire MP7s nonstop around corners and win every time is totally fair. But when a very large portion of the community who have days/weeks/months of gametime in each of the the past decade of CoD games are all calling out the exact same issues, maybe you need to acknowledge it's a thing? And even if it wasn't, people being unhappy about a big gameplay shift that was NOT made apparent pre-launch from the last 10 years of CoD games is also fair.

Like, imagine calling out people who are unhappy about Yakuza 7 having a totally different core gameplay system by saying they just need to adapt and get good. If you think the new style is great, that's fantastic, but being super defensive about people who are unhappy about an unadvertised big shift from the last 7+ entries is a bad look.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Dear Infinity Ward,

Re: Spec Ops

360-degree enemy spawns. Infinite enemy spawns. Bad checkpoints.

Choose one.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the next Call of Duty (Black Ops 5? ) will be using the new CoD engine?

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
You can't ignore a problem that doesn't exist. People playing safer and smarter is not a problem and it's not "camping". That's how it should work in the first place. If you have someone sitting in a corner with a shotgun then THAT is camping. But if you have someone moving between windows at a chokepoint that is not camping. That is strategy.

It's like people just wanna run and gun without having to worry about things like checking corners and thinking about the routes they take. And that is just ridiculous. All you have to do is play smarter.
Uh, yes, people sitting in corners with shotguns and dual Claymores is absolutely what people are doing.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Yeah I'm done with groundwar until they fix the loadout bug, it's becoming a big nuisance.

Then every day I have a issue where I cannot move my camera after respawning..

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, yes, people sitting in corners with shotguns and dual Claymores is absolutely what people are doing.

I legitimately and truly want to see the matches people are in where they're saying that this isn't a thing almost always. Like no bullshit, I want any of the people here saying that this doesn't happen to fucking livestream it, I will watch.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I have only encountered true corner campers a handful of times and never anyone that was doing it so consistently that it was a problem. The vast majority of the time it's just people protecting certain buildings or areas.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I have only encountered true corner campers a handful of times and never anyone that was doing it so consistently that it was a problem. The vast majority of the time it's just people protecting certain buildings or areas.
This is the only COD game I've played where I've seen teams that are already 3-capped in Dom would rather sit and "protect their buildings" than get a single flag.
Or HQ games that time out at 150 score for the winning side.
Or TDMs that time out at 30.

I'm playing on PC, if it matters. Maybe my Elo is too low, who the hell knows. But I can't even convince any of the 3 people I begged to buy the game and play with me to launch it anymore because they're all sick of this shit.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This is the only COD game I've played where I've seen teams that are already 3-capped in Dom would rather sit and "protect their buildings" than get a single flag.
Or HQ games that time out at 150 score for the winning side.
Or TDMs that time out at 30.

I'm playing on PC, if it matters. Maybe my Elo is too low, who the hell knows. But I can't even convince any of the 3 people I begged to buy the game and play with me to launch it anymore because they're all sick of this shit.
I'm on PS4 and that hasn't been my experience at all. I have been having fun and aside from the stuff i listed earlier I haven't had any issues.

And i say that as someone who historically hates CoD with a passion.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on PS4 and that hasn't been my experience at all. I have been having fun and aside from the stuff i listed earlier I haven't had any issues.

And i say that as someone who historically hates CoD with a passion.

I'm on PS4 and that has been consistently my experience.

The fact that people who have been playing CoD every year are very loudly complaining about the same issues while someone who hates CoD doesn't see these same issues proves my point *exactly*, thank you.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to rip my hair out trying to get these 25 Shield Turret kills, I think I'm fucking done with this mission, and there's a latter step on this that requires chopper gunner kills and I am by no means good enough to get that with an regularity anyway. And if I'm not gonna knock out all of the missions I'm not going to bother with the rest of them I have left. So officer ranks are completely pointless for me because a handful of challenges I know I won't be able to get done so no max emblem there, some of the gold camo unlocks are absurd so I'm not even going for those this time (defender kills with the PILA etc) so there's no grind there, and prestiging is gone. So outside of leveling any remaining guns I want to use there's not really anything else for me to grind out which makes me very sad compared to previous entries :/.

Also as a side note the SCAR seems to be complete ass which makes me very sad as that's been my favorite gun in every CoD it's been in. I've got it up to like 30 and it hits hard but even going for max stability and accuracy it's recoil/jump is still complete garbage and I lose tons of gunfights I'd win with the Kilo, M4, or AK-47.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to rip my hair out trying to get these 25 Shield Turret kills, I think I'm fucking done with this mission, and there's a latter step on this that requires chopper gunner kills and I am by no means good enough to get that with an regularity anyway. And if I'm not gonna knock out all of the missions I'm not going to bother with the rest of them I have left. So officer ranks are completely pointless for me because a handful of challenges I know I won't be able to get done so no max emblem there, some of the gold camo unlocks are absurd so I'm not even going for those this time (defender kills with the PILA etc) so there's no grind there, and prestiging is gone. So outside of leveling any remaining guns I want to use there's not really anything else for me to grind out which makes me very sad compared to previous entries :/.

Also as a side note the SCAR seems to be complete ass which makes me very sad as that's been my favorite gun in every CoD it's been in. I've got it up to like 30 and it hits hard but even going for max stability and accuracy it's recoil/jump is still complete garbage and I lose tons of gunfights I'd win with the Kilo, M4, or AK-47.

Yeah the challenges are setup in such a dumb way this time around. Its so damn restricted.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Anyone else have it glitch where your attachments are a level behind what it says your gun is? Because that happened with my Bizon, it's lvl 16 but I just unlocked the muzzle brake.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm gonna sleep on it, but I think I'm done with the game for now unless we get major changes. I decided to "adapt" and play "slow and tactical" for 3 games in a row and my worst performance was 36-3. And I fucking *hated* how it plays. I honestly think I'm just gonna go pick up BO4, even if they improve player speed and nerf claymores/725/whatever the maps are just set up in such a way where holding a power position is just such a significantly better option than anything else it's boring as fucking hell. I really like the description someone used calling the maps "swiss cheese", it's so goddamn accurate.

Lucky bastard. I played 5 hours and I didn't get the new map at all but I sure as fuck got Piccadilly a bunch.

There's a 24/7 playlist for the new map?

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
No crashes since release and beta now constant DEV ERROR 6178 and it seems to be a growing issues based on forums and reddit. inb4 weeks before its fixed. I wish devs would stop with these uninformative errors codes they are fucking awful.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I legitimately and truly want to see the matches people are in where they're saying that this isn't a thing almost always. Like no bullshit, I want any of the people here saying that this doesn't happen to fucking livestream it, I will watch.
At this point i simply don't believe them. It's a thing, and every livestreamer that i watch have the same things happening. Same goes for all my friends.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
The bug that brings up the loadout screen everytime you try to spawn on a teammate in ground war is annoying beyond belief.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Just a FYI for people who have been playing a lot and are nearing max rank: there appears to be a glitch (might be PS4 only) which causes your game to always crash when entering MP if you're max rank. Exact cause is unknown because this doesn't happen to all max rank PS4 players but I've now seen 2 people (YouTuber PrestigeIsKey and pro player Simp) talk about them being affected by this bug and according to PrestigeIsKey they're looking into it with a fix being expected Sunday or Monday. So if you're on PS4 and nearing max rank you might wanna take this into consideration.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
The bug that brings up the loadout screen everytime you try to spawn on a teammate in ground war is annoying beyond belief.
Yup, and sometimes it pops up as soon as you spawn and your squadmate gets in combat at the same time so you're just sitting there with the menu up when you spawn. Very annoying. ._.

To the point I'm probably done with the mode till they fix it

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
What's with the pc version? finally convince my brother to get the game and he can't even finish one match, constant crashes.

Also m4 still shreds and that shotgun seems to do just fine... Well done Infinity Ward.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Man the new map shoot house is fantstic. I'm enjoying this. I'll be happy if we just took out Cave and Piccadilly from 6v6

ericsp17

Oct 27, 2017
So as far as mp goes, I like realistic/hardcore and team deathmatch. Why is there no option for either of those right now? I don't want to play domination or ground war. Fuck that shit. Its a shame because IW made a really good game but seem to want to shoot themselves in the foot every step of the way.

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So as far as mp goes, I like realistic/hardcore and team deathmatch. Why is there no option for either of those right now? I don't want to play domination or ground war. Fuck that shit. Its a shame because IW made a really good game but seem to want to shoot themselves in the foot every step of the way.
Go to quick play and change the filter category to HC TDM only
Enjoy picadilly like 900times in a row

Ellite25

Oct 30, 2017
Nerfing ghost and back to old minimap would be a big overhaul for me.

They have only shown that the Multiplayer Trailer was actually bullshit.
I'm curious, why do you want the old mini map?

I think people will just use silencers and camp anyways. Plus, you can use the compass thing at the top of the screen to figure out where people are.