• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
My stats:

cod_statseljfr.jpg

🤔 😂

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely loving that cod stats website, thanks for the link..

Quite similar to you dude, still yet to jump in a game with you aswell, will try next time I see you on.

I need to stop messing about with the Jokr and move away from the M4..

Also, the Jokr on Piccadilly is fun :)

Happy with my winrate and I almost always play solo

I'm apparently in the top 8.5% of COD players. No wonder every match feels like the sweatiest match. I just want to grind camos in peace.
Link to Stats

AwzfQvMl1pFaxR_DuWBJ_sswF3S15ioU5kFH7Z3aG1zko47qJpkX0wJeWscJRx3pTsuU5txMhcDhCsZXoxC0JX5GcsqK7BYYMzGlG3b9QWNID17AG8xWic4uIx3Ue-K_BeYOrXOlouGP6F8y7Ymb0pPZ0RSmobwBFQ1Asa3aI9fyE6FG9nVaPYieDGkaJy1eAfn31xBxECRI1ydKCsiUBEWQ7-pDy3WPNwW_qjQgFNbJIfI-eiqlq6eOrwXNUXHBp7bOmivRmBLFLjERAZZniOw1vI4NxeHE2j6I7_jsieft29lqanpveUBGIaNjj4idOKGKLCJNLFHoNIcieXFK5RANs2MB30Zp2-J9nO87vUuoUmbBdcCWCiyFlXEHjOGxqPOLsRa3qAuoUy-04av0Se5oHTGAtmu2nmu-1WvAgrpD9w_kCMzbxApnnhFvHymFSWxjGHUiZT1BM2PkP31IpIAYyU-JSY2c371oJ9Z11Mjkmkl8ntVOA1Z04DFRqO_uorwYtSpNbXWyYrT60cz4BpNf3JC1slowZyC-I_3sintDvx0_-Wv-eXt0uhUs0cugZhckFJebqI9nGwhroEQBs_9xUKA8iUUAvCWWnVTiv1PXftJSH-adxswWlVpsMWagV7peQbQIWritbS1i_UplP0E0OIviwOW00bpBcgFRPwoMsm9-rAgUTg0=w1484-h385-no

Need some tips on how to increase my accuracy and headshots please? I do run around and just shoot until I kill, maybe I need to change my playstyle a bit.

Last edited:

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
To be fair the numbers for Shoot House are going to be skewed because of the 24/7 playlist.

Piccadilly coming in second though just reinforces why we need a damn map vote

I would put that down to people just ignoring the maps actual design and more them just appreciating how good it looks. I mean it is a gorgeous looking map visually, but god damn the layout itself is terrible.

This video makes me both laugh and and extremely angry at the same time.

I was shaking my head in disgust, then that sudden claymore and I'm gone.

Last edited:

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty happy with mine, wasn't expecting to be in 1% for KD but I guess that speaks to how KD is down in general in this game.

My headshot % is pretty abysmal but I suspect that's because I rarely use single shots and mostly use large clips, unafraid to spray a bit

My win rate would be better but I often have to drop out due to a fussy 2 month old. I also admittedly rage quit out of matches if my team isn't even trying to play objective.

Still - Happy with these overall especially given I'm like 90% done with the officer challenges

Oct 25, 2017
Get rid off it. Even in Destiny is an issue. I'm tired of running into stacks. I do not have time to rally up 4 or 5 people daily. And I hate free for all. I like to solo queue from time to time. Rainbow 6 does it right in casual play.

Running into stacked squads has nothing to do with SBMM, more with matchmaking in general though. The system should prefer to match teams vs teams and solos vs solos. I do not know if this one does, but you are more likely to run into issues with that without SBMM than with it.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Since they replaced the typical playlists with the filters, it would've been great if they actually did something interesting with them and added, among others, a long wolves filter - enable it and you'll never play against squads of players. Cause yeah, while it's completely unrelated to SBMM, it's really disheartening to end up in a lobby where more or less the whole enemy team is in a squad.

e: lone wolves lol

SamSuperior

Nov 16, 2017
I don't get it either with the Community wanting SBMM to be removed. Sounds like a Heavyweight-Boxer want's the Weight-Divisions to be removed.
I would actually like to see "Lone-Wolf" based matchmaking. 6 Randys vs. Premade isn't fun. Maybe just do Ranked-Mode as Apex does.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
This games core design philosophy had to be "A player can either have a really good win/loss ratio or a really good K/D. They cannot have both. So of course the kids love their K/D peens so we better lean that way."

I mean honestly guys, there are lessons here from 2009 that are being learned all over again.

Oct 25, 2017
I think they had a lone wolf play list before, maybe called mercenary? D2 does well with that but they have it only for the competitive playlist, survivor. Speaking of, I do not feel like COD brought any great game modes to the table. I guess the most competitive mode they have is still SND, that is a bummer imo. I feel like Survivor makes D2 competitive quite entertaining with swings back and forth and great flow to matches even though they are live limited.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting how many people want SBMM removed entirely on that twitter thread.

Disgusting how people want to remove a feature that was never this prevalent in previous CODs.

Fucking suck at this game. Tried to 'get gud' and 'adapt' by 'playing tactically' but that shit is fucking boring and stressful, the game gets unplayable after 3 matches. I would be sweating after each game.

0hDT2Bb.jpg

Last edited:

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Regardless of issues I have with a few things in this game, it's the best multiplayer from a non Treyarch studio this generation. I think it looks incredible, the game play has a great feel, and the sound effects are incredible. There is just something intense about this game that I really enjoy. That includes hearing footsteps creeping up around you.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
My most used gun is the model 860 hahaha. I got that gold camo! 26% accuracy though which is pretty high. 40% headshots with the Kar98k too which I think is really good. On console with a gamepad as well.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I don't know if it's SBMM or not but matchmaking keeps taking longer and longer.
Out of the 7 games I played last night, 3 of them weren't even full. But 4v4 does have it's charm.

Also takes like 2-3 minutes to even find a game.

Oct 25, 2017
disgusting lol chill with the ridiculous hyperbole.
They do need to make the skill brackets a bit larger.

I'm not convinced matchmaking is even the problem they seem to have removed the skill gap completely from this game.

Community railing against a feature present in most competitive games, claiming this is the cause of why they have issues with the game, rather than things similar to what you expressed like a small skill gap. Yeah, I find that disgusting to want SBMM to be removed entirely, no hyperbole.

Brackets and fine tuning, asking for that is reasonable. Not cutting off an entire limb of the match making system just because you are not happy with the way it performs as a whole and in some cases issues not pertaining to SBMM at all.

Oct 27, 2017
This games core design philosophy had to be "A player can either have a really good win/loss ratio or a really good K/D. They cannot have both. So of course the kids love their K/D peens so we better lean that way."

I mean honestly guys, there are lessons here from 2009 that are being learned all over again.
There definitely has to have been a change in leadership after Infinite Warfare cause all these self inflicted problems make no damn sense even when you take into account they wanted to build a game for new players.
I don't know if it's SBMM or not but matchmaking keeps taking longer and longer.
Out of the 7 games I played last night, 3 of them weren't even full. But 4v4 does have it's charm.

Also takes like 2-3 minutes to even find a game.
If some people are right it means the player base is dropping as the matchmaking prefers matching off of skill and not connection so it'll only get worse.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Community railing against a feature present in most competitive games, claiming this is the cause of why they have issues with the game, rather than things similar to what you expressed like a small skill gap. Yeah, I find that disgusting to want SBMM to be removed entirely, no hyperbole.

Brackets and fine tuning, asking for that is reasonable. Not cutting off an entire limb of the match making system just because you are not happy with the way it performs as a whole and in some cases issues not pertaining to SBMM at all.

first Call of duty huh? Calling things disgusting like this is hyperbolic and about as dumb as replying to threads with yikes. Save disgusting for things that are actually awful and disgusting.

I agree with you mostly but the community as a whole doesn't want cod to be competitive. That's why the competitive community has to ban all the broken shit.

I suspect it's a combination of a lowers skill gap and stronger sbmm. the devs really went out of there way this year to lower the skill gap.

Oct 25, 2017
first Call of duty huh? Calling things disgusting like this is hyperbolic and about as dumb as replying to threads with yikes. Save disgusting for things that are actually awful and disgusting.

I agree with you mostly but the community as a whole doesn't want cod to be competitive. That's why the competitive community has to ban all the broken shit.

I suspect it's a combination of a lowers skill gap and stronger sbmm. the devs really went out of there way this year to lower the skill gap.

I have played COD since the original (skipped some of the last few though). My choice of words fit how I feel about the situation.

edit:
I am not really concerned about the separate competitive/esports minded communities though. Just casual competitive play.

Last edited:

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have played COD since the original (skipped some of the last few though). My choice of words fit how I feel about the situation.

lol if this disgusts you I can't imagine what's it's like for you to watch the news ect. The hyperbolic language doesn't help your argument. at least you aren't using yikes I guess.

people have been circle jerking over sbmm since like advanced warfare it's nothing new.

you just sound sooo dramatic

if your not concerned with competitive play then
you shouldn't be so concerned with sbmm.
Nothing competitive about pubs in cod it's tailored for low skill casual players.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
湘南
does anyone know if there's a way to reinstall a specific map on PC? I get an error whenever speedball is selected for gunfight. Seems that map is corrupt or something. Scan and repair doesn't fix it and neither does clearing out the cache.

Oct 25, 2017
lol if this disgusts you I can't imagine what's it's like for you to watch the news ect. The hyperbolic language doesn't help your argument. at least you aren't using yikes I guess.

people have been circle jerking over sbmm since like advanced warfare it's nothing new.

It is really the mob-like mentality that disgusts me. Twitter/social media amplifies this circle jerk. I am trying to avoid making generalized remarks about people though.

if your not concerned with competitive play then
you shouldn't be so concerned with sbmm.
Nothing competitive about pubs in cod it's tailored for low skill casual players.

Your definition of competitive play and mine are different. I was trying to bridge that. Competitive is the multiplayer playlists as they are right now. I am concerned with that. I am not concerned with esports or people trying to scrim/tournament play, at least not with SBMM as it hardly relates to them. I am concerned with the casual day to day play.

edit:
Btw, is not your concern over my choice of words a bit dramatic, that is how I see it... just saying :P

Last edited:

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
If SBMM worked across the board I'd probably be fine with it, i do enjoy good matches. But there have been times when the bottom 3 combined don't even touch my score and we lose because of it... Like, how the hell does that even happen if it's supposedly finding players of equal skill? I've had plenty of teammates that appear to be afk (not literally, but the scores have been that bad) meanwhile I'm up against a full team of players that all appear to know what they're doing. I refuse to believe this is working as intended when this happens.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It is really the mob-like mentality that disgusts me. Twitter/social media amplifies this circle jerk. I am trying to avoid making generalized remarks about people though.

Your definition of competitive play and mine are different. I was trying to bridge that. Competitive is the multiplayer playlists as they are right now. I am concerned with that. I am not concerned with esports or people trying to scrim/tournament play, at least not with SBMM as it hardly relates to them. I am concerned with the casual day to day play.

edit:
Btw, is not your concern over my choice of words a bit dramatic, that is how I see it... just saying :P

Being racist, homophobic ect is disgusting Not complaining about sbmm your are being mad hyperbolic.

again normal cod playlists are not competitive and never have been the game is not designed that way.

It's a casual arcade shooter cod generally has a ranked competitive playlist with strong skill matching (you should know this if you have really played them all).

casuals want to play casual in pubs. Like I said I mostly agree with you I just find how you keep calling it disgusting to be dumb as fuck. Save that shit for something that's actually awful.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just me but the radio silence makes me think the rumor that the major overhauled for late November is planned has credence to it. Hopefully.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's just me but the radio silence makes me think the rumor that the major overhauled for late November is planned has credence to it. Hopefully.
If it's coming I think it'll be December. They'll want it out before Xmas, plus November might be too early.

Regardless, they really need to be transparent. It's been a real letdown how they've handled this game, IW was my favorite cod developer even after the exodus butI've lost a lot of faith in them.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

for sure it's coming people are mad about this game they have to pivot now before the community moves on.

the devs really fucked this one up it's impressive how tone def they are to what the communities want.

Oct 25, 2017
again normal cod playlists are not competitive and never have been the game is not designed that way.

I think you are too focused on the word competitive, prescribing it more meaning than it actually holds. Regardless, in this game playlists are pretty much currently the main the vast majority of the playerbase plays the game. IDC if you prescribe some buzzword like casual to COD, that is irrelevant to me. It is a competitive game even if you wanna call it casual. It is not an argument to call COD casual and therefore it should not have SBMM. SBMM supports casual play when done well. Casual and competitive are not mutually exclusive.

Being racist, homophobic ect is disgusting your are being mad hyperbolic.

No, I am not mad at people for wanting SBMM removed. I can find multiple things disgusting. They do not need to be equally disgusting.

It's a casual arcade shooter cod generally has a ranked competitive playlist with strong skill matching (you should know this if you have really played them all).

I specifically said I did not play them all. The best CODs on PC did not even rely on matchmaking, they had dedicated server lists where you could find rooms that fit your own goals, skill levels, or styles of play. The competitive community will likely never be about playlists. That does not mean playlists are not or cannot be treated competitively by casual players, like myself.

Even if they add ranked mode, you still want SBMM in regular playlists.

casuals want to play casual in pubs. Like I said I mostly agree with you I just find how you keep calling it disgusting to be dumb as fuck. Save that shit for something that's actually awful.

And you call me dramatic... but you are obsessed over my use of the word disgusting. You go as far as to call it dumb as fuck. And I am being dramatic? Save that phrase for something that is actually dumb as fuck. Do you know how dumb fuck actually is? It is pretty dumb. I do not think this is as dumb as that.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
This is the copy/paste that goes around on reddit/twitter/etc regarding why people don't like SBMM, I mostly agree.

• Prevents friends of different skill brackets from having an enjoyable experience whilst playing together.

• Literally ostracizes players on the extreme ends of the skill spectrum from the rest of their friends. Lowest players dont want to play with higher skill friends, highest skill player gets left out as to not ruin lower skilled friend's games.

• Causes issues with connections as higher skill players from low-pop areas have to connect further afield to find similar skill players.

• Allows players to reverse boost to dominate low-skill bracket games.

• Rewards players for doing badly, punishes players for doing well as it tries to balance. "Congrats on playing well for a few games! Enjoy 10-15 games of being stomped." • Promotes 'meta' choices like what we're seeing with the M4 / 725 / Claymore

• Promotes 'sweating' issues like what we're seeing with the prolific camping

• Stops players feeling like they are actually improving at the game

• Makes every game feel like it plays the same (mainly due to the 3 above issues)

• Doesn't even affect the highest skill solo players as the game has to match them with lower skilled players to fill their lobbies.

• Average player will likely never experience that one 'session making' game where they dominate and get all their streaks; just game after game of fighting to stay positive.

SBMM should NOT be in the most casual shooter in the genre outside of one very low-skilled bracket to keep the game fun for disabled/impaired/brand new to shooter gamers. For everyone else, there should be purely connection based matchmaking and a separate ranked playlist with it in.

My queue times are getting ridiculous (it *never* finds a match below 50 ping for me anymore), I had to turn on crossplay because it was getting so bad, but now it's still bad AND I'm getting lobbies that are half or more kb/m players every match. Loosening SBMM and having a solo queue only option would definitely help, but I'd still prefer it to be like almost every other CoD has been instead. Like holy shit, just let me try to level new (crappy) guns in peace without getting wrecked by kids with gold M4s and 725s because most people are maximum tryhard everytime.

And SBMM has really highlighted how bad it is that scorestreaks were removed (no Pointman doesn't count, it's awful AND is in the most contested perk slot by a country mile); part of the allure of CoD is getting higher killstreaks like choppers and whatnot, but when the game's SBMM is so strict that it's pushing players closer to that 1.0 K/D then ever, it makes it much harder for average/bad players to have the occasional good game and get some higher streaks now that there's no reward in that regard for actually playing the objective. It's fucking dumb. Between that and just trying to level guns I just put all of my killstreaks on minimum required ones because it wasn't worth the stress.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, as my memory isn't the best, but there wasn't 'this much drama' about the balance in WW2 before the big overhaul came to divisions. I know different developers en all, but it just seems to be an overwhelming feel with MW.

I hope there are some big changes coming, I still like the game, but it could be a lot better.

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Damn playing Search and Destroy apparently really kills your score per game/minute.

Also with all these stats, I'm the most interested in seeing these of you people hehe.

Se3RDkN.png

Steve9842017

Nov 7, 2017
Well, in the top 80% even though it's felt like crap lately.

Really hope the overhaul is real, this game is still seriously broken right now.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Welcome to MW, where previously solved problems like team balancing are promptly unsolved

3LWwvkJ.jpg

I'm not going to claim every game is like this, but many of them have absolutely been absurdly lopsided like this one

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Well, in the top 80% even though it's felt like crap lately.

Really hope the overhaul is real, this game is still seriously broken right now.

Don't take the % placement too seriously. They take in Score per game/minute and average lifetime, which is in no way the best metric. Different gamemodes/campers etc.

Yes, this is also to give me any vindication as to why I'm 44% lol, and my worse than a potato friend is top 20%
Welcome to MW, where previously solved problems like team balancing are promptly unsolved

3LWwvkJ.jpg

I'm not going to claim every game is like this, but many of them have absolutely been absurdly lopsided like this one

Have a totally different experience than this. Ofcourse there is always a team that does slightly better, but haven't really seen people go insanely positive or negative in this game, other than a few occasions.

Steve9842017

Nov 7, 2017
Don't take the % placement too seriously. They take in Score per game/minute and average lifetime, which is in no way the best metric. Different gamemodes/campers etc.

Yes, this is also to give me any vindication as to why I'm 44% lol, and my worse than a potato friend is top 20%

:) True true. Though, last night I did have a string of games that made me question why I do this to myself.