• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Quick question what is with the unlock all diamond camo skins in order to unlock the damascus skin? I see no diamond skin whatsoever... this is going to be more grindy than Blops2. .... 😩

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
I can't see tweets while at work, what does it say? Is it patch notes or just announcing a patch is today?

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Since the patch, I can't open the game at all, any ideas? I've reinstalled the game, cleaned my drivers with DDU and got the latest, updated Windows and disabled all other programs. Before the patch I never crashed and it ran great.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like bigger nerfs to the 725, but overall a very minor patch :/

Edit: read the patch notes on Reddit.

Patch Notes for 11/19/19

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Patch Notes for 11/19/19

GENERAL FIXES:

• Special Operations: Fix for an issue where a player would see no objective after retrying a mission after spectating (Operation Paladin)
  • CDL: Fix for rulesets in Search and Destroy where Field Upgrades were disabled
  • Fix for an exploit where players could duplicate their killstreaks ("Fix for various exploits")
  • Fix for the "Blue V" Optic challenge not displaying the proper text description
  • Fix misspelling of "trophy"
Ground War:

• Fixed a bug that could cause the filter on the respawn selection screen to stay on screen when spawning back in
  • Fix for an issue where the Select Loadout screen would keep reappearing after already selecting a loadout and attempting to spawn back in
Missions/Challenges:

The following challenges have been fixed:

• "Infiltrator"
  • "Warrior's Code"
  • "Aggression"
  • "Dominator"
  • "Munitions"
  • Officer progression "Launch Destroys"
  • Officer progression "Heartbreaker"
  • Officer progression "Precision Airstrike"
  • Officer progression: "Karma"
  • Officer progression "Close and Personal"
Weapons:

• AUG
    • Increasing close range damage
    • Increasing mid damage range and reduced chest multiplier
    • Small reduction to base weapon damage range
    • Significantly reduced the damage range added by attachments
    • Small hips spread increase
    • Reduced effective damage at the hip
  • Model 680: Slight reduction of damage range with all range-extending attachments

Oct 25, 2017
Since the patch, I can't open the game at all, any ideas? I've reinstalled the game, cleaned my drivers with DDU and got the latest, updated Windows and disabled all other programs. Before the patch I never crashed and it ran great.

I just checked for patches, did not get an update.

Try hitting settings and check for update. And then try scan and repair in the same options menu. Or try vice verse.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
Patch Notes for 11/19/19

GENERAL FIXES:

• Special Operations: Fix for an issue where a player would see no objective after retrying a mission after spectating (Operation Paladin)
  • CDL: Fix for rulesets in Search and Destroy where Field Upgrades were disabled
  • Fix for an exploit where players could duplicate their killstreaks ("Fix for various exploits")
  • Fix for the "Blue V" Optic challenge not displaying the proper text description
  • Fix misspelling of "trophy"
Ground War:

• Fixed a bug that could cause the filter on the respawn selection screen to stay on screen when spawning back in
  • Fix for an issue where the Select Loadout screen would keep reappearing after already selecting a loadout and attempting to spawn back in
Missions/Challenges:

The following challenges have been fixed:

• "Infiltrator"
  • "Warrior's Code"
  • "Aggression"
  • "Dominator"
  • "Munitions"
  • Officer progression "Launch Destroys"
  • Officer progression "Heartbreaker"
  • Officer progression "Precision Airstrike"
  • Officer progression: "Karma"
  • Officer progression "Close and Personal"
Weapons:

• AUG
    • Increasing close range damage
    • Increasing mid damage range and reduced chest multiplier
    • Small reduction to base weapon damage range
    • Significantly reduced the damage range added by attachments
    • Small hips spread increase
    • Reduced effective damage at the hip
  • Model 680: Slight reduction of damage range with all range-extending attachments
Thanks! Appreciate your contributions to this thread.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
"Fix for an issue where the Select Loadout screen would keep reappearing after already selecting a loadout and attempting to spawn back in"

There is a savior, thank fuck. Maybe I'll pick up Ground War a bit again.

SomeOneInaHat

Nov 9, 2017
Need some tips on how to increase my accuracy and headshots please? I do run around and just shoot until I kill, maybe I need to change my playstyle a bit.

I have found that map knowledge is codependent to your accuracy in these games, especially if you choose to not be stationary. Being able to have your crosshair flicked to that problematic spot that people are always controlling will give you more time to respond to their bullshit. And when you are shooting at someone, use your movement to do very fine aiming in your favor.

Also, I've been having fun finding the best flash spots for blinding campers. I feel like I'm playing CSGO with the ones I've found. I think IW map designers even placed little yellow lines on certain walls to indicate where to throw the flash to get it to a certain spot. My favorite two are as follows:

On Shoot House when running from spawn, angle yourself 45 degrees from the wall entering Junkyard and toss a flash at the yellow line at the middle. This nade will land right on the headglitch car by tires. It makes it so much easier to flank. You can do an even tighter one on the wood house side to get a nade in that weird pillar area that people like to camp in a ton.

On Hackney Yard when entering the warehouse from C side. There is that long hallway that leads to a left turn into the warehouse interior. Again, at a 45 or more sever angle, toss a flash at the yellow line in the warehouse. It'll land right in that little hut area blinding peekers from there and people laying next to the wood crate. Really use for domination on this map.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else ever have their killstreaks switch mid match? It's happened to me a few times now. I have the supply crate as my first one and sometimes it switches to UAV mid match. I don't notice when that happens until after it happens but it might be if I get a supply crate and I get a UAV out of it. Even the image on the right of my screen switches to UAV and the next time I get 3 kills or whatever it is, I get a UAV instead of a supply crate.

Nov 10, 2017
Anyone else ever have their killstreaks switch mid match? It's happened to me a few times now. I have the supply crate as my first one and sometimes it switches to UAV mid match. I don't notice when that happens until after it happens but it might be if I get a supply crate and I get a UAV out of it. Even the image on the right of my screen switches to UAV and the next time I get 3 kills or whatever it is, I get a UAV instead of a supply crate.
Yeah it has happened to me a couple times very weird.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Drift0r's video about Skill Based Matchmaking is here, if there's any big conclusions I'll edit this comment

1. Skill is NOT prioritized over connection, ping is the same no matter the player's K/D
  2. Players with high stats do NOT match with other players with high stats. K/D, SPM and W/L ratio does not impact who you matchmake with
  3. Matchmaking does however take your level somewhat into account. On a lvl 155 account the average opponent was level 96.3, on a lvl 43 account the average opponent was level 69
  4. Matchmaking appears to be somewhat influenced by your recent performance, if you had a high K/D in recent matches you'll be matchmade with other people who've had a high K/D in their recent matches as well
  5. Yet, for some reason opponents appeared to get better when using an account with a high K/D. Only explanation Drift0r can give for this is the existence of a hidden ranking system but he has no idea how said rank would be calculated and thus can't test it

Last edited:

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Welcome to MW, where previously solved problems like team balancing are promptly unsolved

3LWwvkJ.jpg

I'm not going to claim every game is like this, but many of them have absolutely been absurdly lopsided like this one

Even on BO4 playing against 6 man parties it wasnt this bad , lmao.

XclusiveAces video is online too

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
First conclusion is that connection takes priority over SBMM. Assuming this is true, supports my position that the community and individuals using SBMM as a scapegoat. lol

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So basically there is some SBMM in MW.

Hm.

Yeah. From the video it seems the Strict SBMM focuses on your recent games. Which explains why you can start the day off really good and then the matches get harder after just a few games.

But ultimately they couldn't see any data to suggest it was messing with connections however.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
ugh i just started using the aug and thought it was great but not OP like the mp5/7. now it really shreds imo, i'll have to stop using it because i hate using meta weapons :/

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Drift0r's video about Skill Based Matchmaking is here, if there's any big conclusions I'll edit this comment

1. Skill is NOT prioritized over connection, ping is the same no matter the player's K/D
  2. Players with high stats do NOT match with other players with high stats. K/D, SPM and W/L ratio does not impact who you matchmake with
  3. Matchmaking does however take your level somewhat into account. On a lvl 155 account the average opponent was level 96.3, on a lvl 43 account the average opponent was level 69
  4. Matchmaking appears to be somewhat influenced by your recent performance, if you had a high K/D in recent matches you'll be matchmade with other people who've had a high K/D in their recent matches as well
  5. Yet, for some reason opponents appeared to get better when using an account with a high K/D. Only explanation Drift0r can give for this is the existence of a hidden ranking system but he has no idea how said rank would be calculated and thus can't test it

Talking OT but it's crazy to see the comic book store from someone in the UK who has never seen such a thing.

Oct 25, 2017
Too much emphasis on KDR in that video. There is no way SBMM is based around KDR. It is 100% a hidden MMR system to the point that I am confused as to why they are entertaining any other possibility.

You cannot make a SBMM around KDR. In a perfect system where everyone has 1 KDR that would mean everyone is equally skilled, which is of course furthest from the truth. The top players have 1 KDR because they are playing each other. The bottom have 1 KDR because they are playing each other. Only when consistently mismatched would a top player have >1 KDR.

Back to reality, a hidden ELO system based on score/kdr/win and your team team ELO vs their team ELO is likely the basis here. Something that considers your performance in a match versus the expected outcome of the match which adjusts your hidden score for future matchmaking. I do not doubt there is a system to prevent abuse, such as your last 5 games having more of an impact than your games before that.

A system like this is very modifiable, and if ping + opponent team is consistent then that just throws out a ton of theories on why people are not enjoying the experience.

Ok, so I do not think KDR is irrelevant here, but a smaller part of a bigger picture that is not apparent from player stats alone. All just my reaction to that video, opinion could change.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Driftor gets a hard on every time someone mentions SBMM. get the fuck outta here trying to tell me there isn't any SBMM, the same way you tried to tell us there isn't with Advance Warfare? fuck outta here. Everyone else is wrong and you must be the right one.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017

I could not agree any more with Ace here (I timestamped this), he agrees and hits on literally every single point on why *strict* SBMM is bad that a lot of us have been saying for weeks and does so probably better than I would have, even down to my exact complaints about how CoD has traditionally been the big dopamine rush of chasing killstreaks, but getting better and playing better to get those killstreaks is just now putting you against better opponents making that even harder etc. My fucking man. If I just wanna level up a new gun or grind out camos I shouldn't feel forced to go into Ground War to do it. And I already posted my story about how my two (really really bad at the game) friends outright won't play with me because they get fucking railed to the wall nonstop when they play with me but do fine solo.

That aside, all of the SBMM stuff they were able to test more or less lines up with what a lot of people were guessing down to recent performance being the biggest impact (which *could* explain why I have a slightly negative K/D overall because I'll have two games where I got like 35-4 then get railed hard for the next several games, but it's hard to say that for sure). The only thing that I think is a bit surprising is that overall K/D etc doesn't have a large impact (although I'm sure it impacts whatever hidden ELO stuff they have going on which he even says in the video), and also that it doesn't seem to prioritize skill over connection which is good! But then now I'm wondering why on earth it takes so long for matches to be found most of the time, maybe a side effect of the party filter/lobby breakup system?