• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

less

Oct 25, 2017
AUG bluff? Loved using it in my past few games so I'm more than happy with it being beefed up.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Decided to give AUG a try and damn, it definitely feels good to use. Felt much more consistent than the MPs for me, though I'll obviously have to use it for longer than a single game to say for sure.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Im ready for some new maps and far bigger balance changes.

Move around perks, rearrange the cost of some killstreaks (Advanced UAV is too expensive IMO), continue to change and fix up the audio, etc.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Decided to give AUG a try and damn, it definitely feels good to use. Felt much more consistent than the MPs for me, though I'll obviously have to use it for longer than a single game to say for sure.

Second game - didn't do nearly as well lol. Must be that SBMM kicking in! I'm only half joking.

I did realize that I've been using the Mk2 and shotguns all day today and yesterday, though, so I suppose any automatic weapon is bound to feel great after getting used to those.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm literally going 3-15 every single fucking game, this mythical protected super shitty gamer bracket of SBMM just straight up does not exist for me lol. I've just never done so bad ever in my entire fucking life at a multiplayer game at this point, it's extremely consistent to the point where I don't even want to play anymore because I am *LITERALLY* the reason my team is losing like half the time. It's legitimately depressing.

I hop on literally any other CoD, Halo, Battlefield, Battlefront, no problems? This game I get railed to the wall immediately. Part of it is definitely me trying to do missions/challenges/camos, but man I just can't. It's not even a map/window/camping complaint at this point, I know the points to check, I'm just getting fucking railed no matter what I do. The last game I just went 3-15 I literally got 360 noscoped multiple times lol.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
All the SBMM shit just sounds like higher skilled player whining they can't dunk on weaker players. Sorry guys no sympathy from me.

I will never get the mentality of wanting to play against weaker people. Match me with people of my skill, anything else is just boring or unfair.

SvennusDemonicus

alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
I still have a blast. I've been playing call of duty since before cod4 and my love affair wained because of all the slide and jumping nonsense. Love this and cross play is chefskiss.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I'm literally going 3-15 every single fucking game, this mythical protected super shitty gamer bracket of SBMM just straight up does not exist for me lol. I've just never done so bad ever in my entire fucking life at a multiplayer game at this point, it's extremely consistent to the point where I don't even want to play anymore because I am *LITERALLY* the reason my team is losing like half the time. It's legitimately depressing.

I hop on literally any other CoD, Halo, Battlefield, Battlefront, no problems? This game I get railed to the wall immediately. Part of it is definitely me trying to do missions/challenges/camos, but man I just can't. It's not even a map/window/camping complaint at this point, I know the points to check, I'm just getting fucking railed no matter what I do. The last game I just went 3-15 I literally got 360 noscoped multiple times lol.

I am with you on this, I get clobbered lol... I do not let it get me down though. I have not really tried to become consistent at the game yet. I need to skill up. My twitch skills are not what they used to be.

On PC is feels super competitive at my skill level, which I am okay with. I never felt like the SBMM was tight because I have never been in the dominant position in the room, nor even in a room with bad ping outside of the occasion when I play with friends across the country (and sometimes the world). If the SBMM were tight, then I would definitely be playing against worse players on average then I am atm.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
All the SBMM shit just sounds like higher skilled player whining they can't dunk on weaker players. Sorry guys no sympathy from me.

I will never get the mentality of wanting to play against weaker people. Match me with people of my skill, anything else is just boring or unfair.

I love these fucking drivebys. Within the last 1-2 pages every single time there have been posts and/or videos discussing very specific reasons and valid examples of why SBMM is not wanted by a lot of people that has absolutely nothing to do with pubstomping, but people never ever address any of these points, they're just either "lol git gud" or "you just want to pubstomp." Like, I *very* strongly disagree with some folks here regarding SBMM, but I at least appreciate that they provide actual reasoning and not just one of those two excuses.

I am with you on this, I get clobbered lol... I do not let it get me down though. I have not really tried to become consistent at the game yet. I need to skill up. My twitch skills are not what they used to be.

On PC is feels super competitive at my skill level, which I am okay with. I never felt like the SBMM was tight because I have never been in the dominant position in the room, nor even in a room with bad ping outside of the occasion when I play with friends across the country (and sometimes the world). If the SBMM were tight, then I would definitely be playing against worse players on average then I am atm.

What kills me is I can't tell how much of it is me doing challenge stuff. Like the 3-15 game, I went 3-15 because I was trying to get pistol headshots for a challenge, so yeah. And I don't think I've probably played a single game of this in actual weeks where I either wasn't trying to do a challenge or mission, or I'm still trying to level the goddamn SCAR.

I probably need to spend an entire evening and just whore with a "proper" setup with the M4 or something since that's the only gun I have at max level (I stopped using it once I unlocked everything on it though) and see how it goes. But previous CoD's (and games in general) have trained me to want to unlock and level everything. And Ground War isn't the answer for me personally, not a big fan of it for a lot of reasons.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah sure bud. I have played every COD since the very first one. I should start putting people on ignore which come out with "is this your first COD?" or "have you not played COD since the original Modern Warfare?"

I am sure your doing those people a favor from your quality posts "Hur dur SBMM pppl just wanna curb stomb Hur durr"

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah sure bud. I have played every COD since the very first one. I should start putting people on ignore which come out with "is this your first COD?" or "have you not played COD since the original Modern Warfare?"

Maybe people would stop assuming that if you weren't doing stupid drivebys like "people crying about SBMM just want to pubstomp" when practically every page of this thread has detailed posts and videos going over many different reasons why people are unhappy about it that have absolutely nothing to do with pubstomping. Like for example I strongly disagree with Mobius and Pet Octopus about SBMM, but they're at least posting their reasoning and engaging in conversation like an adult.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Like, I don't care about SBMM in-and-of-itself since most games should probably have it, but the problem is how it works is seemingly byzantine, and allows for you to go on both a pubstomp and be pubstomped within two consecutive games.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
All of my reasons for not wanting this type of SBMM has less to do with pubstomping and more to do with friends who can't play with me because I attract sweaty players and being unable to solo queue because I got stacked up against wannabes running M4 setups. That isn't fun and it gets exhausting to play that every game. Sure I can 1-man a team but who wants to do that shit every time they game for a couple hours?

That's why these annoying ass drive-by posts, like the one above that was edited out (lmao), make reading this thread somewhat unbearable to read sometimes. No one bothers to actually read what people are saying about it and only a minority really have said they just want to pubstomp.

Anyways, enough of that.

I'm pretty sure the balance tweaking for the 725 this go round did nothing, but we will see tonight. The M4 is still very centralizing so I hope they haven't forgotten how powerful that gun is. Hopefully they're goal isn't to just bring up every gun to it's level.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
All I know was the match before we lost we did really good but the last match I played before I called it quits was on Shoot House and we just got destroyed.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Hardcore is my new go to, i usually get the drop on ppl in normal but dont have the headshot aim so i usually lose gun fights. This way i can kill ppl i see first lol

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Working on that one mission that wants you to hack 15 pieces of equipment. I'm at 10/15. Can't wait to be done with it lol.

Unlocked that OG M16 skin. Looks awesome and it's what i'll be using for now. Just feels fun to use. Yea, I know it's just an M4A1 with certain attachments but the appearance of it alone is what makes me want to use it.

Still having a good time, regardless of all the things they still need to improve but I find myself getting a little bored at times. Quicker than previous games and that's because of the lack of unlocks (cards/emblems, etc). Besides the gameplay, it was the other thing that always got me addicted.

Looking forward to that battle royale, though. If...IF they manage to have everything working well, that's all i'll be playing. Just please, let us get into matches quicker. We don't need a pre-game lobby! lol. That was my biggest issue with Blackout. Loved it but waiting for the next match was painful.

Oct 25, 2017
I am actually doing quite well tonight, but I am getting the half decent maps instead of the shitty clusterfucks, for lack of better term. I know this is not a big deal for most people, but it is showing progress for me. I play pretty sporadically but between apex and this game I am definitely sharpening my twitch aim.

unknown.png

That one and I think Arlov Peak are definitely in the better half of the maps.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Hardcore was good for Headshots / Longshots ( Camo ). But i dont see an advantage doing challenges in Hardcore . My bad

No problem! I mostly see people recommend HC for being easier to get kills with some of the bad guns like pistols, but I wasn't sure if that was just because you die faster in that mode or it was an XP thing.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I keep hearing how great the revolver is with snake shot, but the idea of leveling that gun to lvl 29 sounds like absolute suffering.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to take my own advice and spend a handful of matches running "real" loadouts, mostly on Shoot House 24/7 with the MP7 (which is the SMG I've been leveling pretty much) instead of just doing nothing but trying to level the SCAR or pistols or shitty challenges, and things are going much better :)

eVpk9IK.png

Shoot House is still just a tiny bit too hectic for 6v6 IMO, but I do better there and can also run a SMG which I don't usually. Also I'm trying out running Hardline instead of Ghost and just trying to proactively shoot down any UAVs that go up and have been mostly successful, I'm getting a UAV or two a match and a Predator a few times, which is much better than most of my sessions go lol.

Really kind of puts in perspective how hard it is currently if you're just trying to fuck off with challenges or level new stuff versus playing for realsies.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
I decided to take my own advice and spend a handful of matches running "real" loadouts, mostly on Shoot House 24/7 with the MP7 (which is the SMG I've been leveling pretty much) instead of just doing nothing but trying to level the SCAR or pistols or shitty challenges, and things are going much better :)

eVpk9IK.png

Shoot House is still just a tiny bit too hectic for 6v6 IMO, but I do better there and can also run a SMG which I don't usually. Also I'm trying out running Hardline instead of Ghost and just trying to proactively shoot down any UAVs that go up and have been mostly successful, I'm getting a UAV or two a match and a Predator a few times, which is much better than most of my sessions go lol.

Really kind of puts in perspective how hard it is currently if you're just trying to fuck off with challenges or level new stuff versus playing for realsies.
lol "real" loadouts, but then proceeds to play one map. 24/7.

I rather waste my time doing the variety of challenges and variety of maps and modes.

Going for the camo's and calling cards and even those nice little trinkets.

Sure boohoo my k/d though with my not so real loadouts.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Good work by youtubers on the sbmm

seems the experience is just miserable And IW flat out refuses to acknowledge it

hoping this weeks big patch notes go up soon. Dont want to play until they make proper changes

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like if we get new maps Friday we really need it to be a classic at this point,
Crash, Vacant, Sub Base, Terminal or Scrapyard with a potential 24/7 playlist would do absolute wonders for this game atm.