• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Big update or not I feel like the game has improved with the changes they've made. Not to say there's not more they could do as there's certainly room for improvement. It's not like the map pool was going to get better from a patch and adding classics will help there but that takes some amount of time, at least we're getting vacant and crash which will lower the chance of Piccadilly coming up.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
The fact they haven't even acknowledged the issues with spec ops shows you how much they care about fixing the game.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So my brother in law has a real cheapie gaming headset and we play COD together fairly regularly. I'm looking for something under $200 that is plug and play and will have good mic quality and let him hear surround sound while we're playing multiplayer (his one right now he just does chat on and keeps volume on the TV).

I use the PlayStation Platinum set which I love but I have it plugged into a blue yeti and heard the mic is awful if you don't do that.

There seem to be mixed reviews on just about every headset i read about be it because of build quality or the fact that you need a base module to change the volume. I'm fine with Bluetooth or a headphone jack into the controller and he has a PS4 slim if that makes any difference. What have been your guys' best experiences with gaming headsets?

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope it's not one hour for one tier. I don't think I have it in me to play 100 hours every season.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
New playspace on Crash
qAoIge6.png

The map also has doors

Oct 25, 2017
So the operator missions being added
1 calling card
2 Skins
1 "operator quip"

So thankfully after tomorrow almost every character will have
3 default skins
1 Battlepass skin
2 mission skins

finally some variety.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I know it may sound silly but the lack of MW/MW2 remakes made this game feel like it was a different sub-franchise and having Crash and Vacant will help legitimize it a lot for me.

Oct 25, 2017

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody deserves deaththreats over a stupid video game but they easily deserve the regular hate and outrage.
They have completely ignored regular discussion for over a month, of course people are getting upset
Cecot was riding fan expectations from that "lie" for over a month without one word on it, then quietly says its a lie right as the big DLC and mtx systems release keep attention away from it and make mtx money.

This. Death threats are big no-no. But people being outraged? Perfectly understandable since they paid for a product, and the people who sold it, can't even be assed to reply. If this was a car, and you bought it, and you asked something about it that might impact you or is impacting you, you can get sued for not replying.

If it was a "fake" statement, then just outright say it when it blew up. Tons of sites reported on it (I know I did and it gained traction), and yet, what did they do? Ashton Williams even milked it by tweeting that "big" update that everyone is looking forward to thing. I mean, this made people jump up and down, and for what? Nothing.

Even if they are not overhauling the game, which I still believe they will at some point in 2020 given how many people are dropping the game, Joe Condrey should still address the community. if not him, then hire someone who can. If you're scared of hate comments, then deactivate comments on your blog post. Voila!
The fact they haven't even acknowledged the issues with spec ops shows you how much they care about fixing the game.
Or the endless crashing issues PC players have experienced.

I've seen die-hard YTers just flat out drop the game. Xclusive Ace, which does COD vids entirely, has mentioned he only plays Ground War now. Imagine that. A person who literally makes his living off COD, stopped playing the main modes since it's so frustrating.

I play the game since I still somewhat enjoy it and just camp so I can enjoy it, and I need to follow it for work, but I understand where all the hate and frustration is coming from. This is a big studio that refuses to communicate with their playerbase unless it's a positive tweet, comment, etc.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
The battle pass seems... Fine. I'm not going to even consider getting it if you progress solely through EXP gain, that shit got suuper old with Apex Legends' first season.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how do you get the new weapons if you can't play enough to make it to tier 31 or don't want to pay for tiers?

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
So how do you get the new weapons if you can't play enough to make it to tier 31 or don't want to pay for tiers?
Not being snooty here, but I'm curious on how you think you should? If you play an RPG, do you expect to get a level 31 piece of gear if you don't play the game long enough to get to level 31?

Or is this being a shooter different enough in the gaming genre's that eventually everyone should just get it? Do we go back to random loot drops and you have a chance at it?

I can't really think of a good way to get it that wouldn't be controversial besides just give it to everyone? I suppose since it's on the free pass side of the battlepass maybe that is the best way?

I don't know, I'm really just curious on what you were thinking if you are asking this?

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Not being snooty here, but I'm curious on how you think you should? If you play an RPG, do you expect to get a level 31 piece of gear if you don't play the game long enough to get to level 31?

Or is this being a shooter different enough in the gaming genre's that eventually everyone should just get it? Do we go back to random loot drops and you have a chance at it?

I can't really think of a good way to get it that wouldn't be controversial besides just give it to everyone? I suppose since it's on the free pass side of the battlepass maybe that is the best way?

I don't know, I'm really just curious on what you were thinking if you are asking this?
Here is how it should be done launch game and weapons are available right away.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Battlefield V has it where if you miss out on earning new guns via the weekly challenges or the seasonal tiers, two weeks after the season ends you can buy them with in-game currency. You miss out on using them for over a month, put you are never locked out of them or forced to pay real money.

Since MW doesn't have an in game currency they should just give the weapons to everyone after the season ends.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
Battlefield V has it where if you miss out on earning new guns via the weekly challenges or the seasonal tiers, two weeks after the season ends you can buy them with in-game currency. You miss out on using them for over a month, put you are never locked out of them or forced to pay real money.

Since MW doesn't have an in game currency they should just give the weapons to everyone after the season ends.
Hmm, ya, watching the video above explaining the battlepass it's odd there isn't an in-game currency. Seems like that would be a pretty normal way to obtain it I suppose.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So, I changed and "adapted," and just flat out camp now. My SPM is below 100 (LOL) and I don't care anymore.

I found the power positions for maps, and I exploit them. I go 33-3, 15-2, etc. most games since I just camp. I finished a game on Arklov Domination where i joined where it was already underway. I went 20-2 and almost called in my Chopper Gunner but ran out of time. People after the match (during killcam) were pissed! "You were just camping at the bar!" they said over and over, and I replied, "I don't care." Hahahahaha!

PKM, claymores and shotguns.

I now love Piccadilly since I just camp and exploit the shitty spawns. I had games where 2-3 enemies were rushing me out of sheer irritation since I was camping in the sneaker shop. LOL!

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching Inkslasher's video,
they aren't just adding the Operator missions
You have to buy the pass, get to the character skin in the pass then you get the mission to unlock the other two skin color variants, quip and card.

Mara's mission you get at lv100 has a new execution in it.

Last edited:

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

2:20, the original Crash had a metal fence there so you couldn't look right into the enemy's spawn and make it less of a worthy camping position. Who comes up with and okays these changes?!

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the new battle pass is ten bucks basically? Not to bad I guess.

I didn't realize my officer rank was resetting so that sucks.

If the rumor of an hour per battle pass rank is true I'm not a fan, It didn't even take me 75 hours to get to rank 155. I'm not playing another 100 next season lol.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the new battle pass is ten bucks basically? Not to bad I guess.

I didn't realize my officer rank was resetting so that sucks.

If the rumor of an hour per battle pass rank is true I'm not a fan, It didn't even take me 75 hours to get to rank 155. I'm not playing another 100 next season lol.
Well you better get your wallet out then.

Don't forget that this is Activision.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I understand operators and alt skins but Cosmetics like charms, watches, and gun skins will never not be weird to me. I generally can't even tell what gun beyond the general weapon class someone is running most of the time.

Is it just self gratifatication to see that stuff yourself?

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
In case anyone wants some free ugly crap:

currently the #2 trend on Twitter lol

The watch is almost not stupid enough for me to use.
I understand operators and alt skins but Cosmetics like charms, watches, and gun skins will never not be weird to me. I generally can't even tell what gun beyond the general weapon class someone is running most of the time.

Is it just self gratifatication to see that stuff yourself?
You can see them in the first person, unlike character skins, and some folks like that. I've always found them to be tacky. Watches are neat and unintrusive, though.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I could believe each tier of the battle pass takes an hour.

This is Activision we're talking about.

Although we don't know if there will be daily tier skips or challenges to boost progress.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So, I changed and "adapted," and just flat out camp now. My SPM is below 100 (LOL) and I don't care anymore.

I found the power positions for maps, and I exploit them. I go 33-3, 15-2, etc. most games since I just camp. I finished a game on Arklov Domination where i joined where it was already underway. I went 20-2 and almost called in my Chopper Gunner but ran out of time. People after the match (during killcam) were pissed! "You were just camping at the bar!" they said over and over, and I replied, "I don't care." Hahahahaha!

PKM, claymores and shotguns.

I now love Piccadilly since I just camp and exploit the shitty spawns. I had games where 2-3 enemies were rushing me out of sheer irritation since I was camping in the sneaker shop. LOL!

Sometimes, you gotta play the boring way and camp to win the game. It sucks, it's boring, but hey, like you said, gotta "adapt".

Treyarch's game can't come soon enough.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
EDIT: Just caught the edit.... nevermind about the above
take it with a grain of salt. I read that in some Disqus comments on charlieintel. Found no confirmation in other Sources. A youtuber called espresso or something did a video on the battlepass. Showing actual screens of the store etc and I found no clue about that.

still, if they include that to force people to buy the shortcuts, fuck them. in no world I will play that game for 100 hours over the next two months lol.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I could believe each tier of the battle pass takes an hour.

This is Activision we're talking about.

Although we don't know if there will be daily tier skips or challenges to boost progress.
In Black Ops 4, it was approximately 50 minutes of multiplayer or Blackout time, which meant roughly an hour, since those 50 minutes didn't count for matchmaking time. In Zombies, you got a tier for playing 30 cumulative rounds on a specific map.

There was also a "Daily Skip" that you got after your first win in multiplayer, first merit earned in Blackout, or first 15 successive rounds cleared in Zombies.

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the character skins in the battlepass and unlocked mission,
I initially thought IW would piece out the hidden disk content bit by bit but with those taking us to 6 of the 9 uniforms in the game and with the only ones left being the more exciting skins I bet we see them in the store pretty soon.

Probably sell the skin bundled with a new mission that has emblems, cards and its 2 color variants.

Last edited: