• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Zaubrer Ah, right.

And I haven't played much in the last few weeks so I am really out of the loop and confused. I checked the CODMW webpage and it's all free? even the BP?

I apologize for the flightiness...

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like paying $10 for the battle pass should not lead to a long ass grind. Once again, porobably going to pass on the pass if the reported tier times are true. We'll see...

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get blueprints.

What is the point? I just remove all the attachments and put my own on and it ends up looking just like the regular variant?

So what is the point of these things....

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Game is still a ton of fun everytime :D just got placed midgame on a losing match but pretty much single handedly turned it around /brag

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I don't get blueprints.

What is the point? I just remove all the attachments and put my own on and it ends up looking just like the regular variant?

yeah I don't get it either. It's basically a skin for a gun which enemies will almost never see unless they are watching you kill them on your kill cam or they happen to pickup your gun.

I guess it's a way for you to unlock certain attachments/perks on your gun sooner but most of the unique looking blueprints available by completing challenges take so long to unlock it might end up being faster for you to grind levels instead.

manunkindh

Jun 7, 2018
So from what I understand I don't have to buy that battle pass and still have access to the new weapons? Is this correct? Because I couldn't care less about cosmetics.

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018
Game is still a ton of fun everytime :D just got placed midgame on a losing match but pretty much single handedly turned it around /brag

I've heard people complain about joining mid match and slotting into a failing team, and have totally been there myself. While it doesn't feel great to get smoked, at least the loss stat doesn't hurt you. And every once in a while you put the team on your back for a win and man that's such a good feeling.

I'm very addicted to this game by the way. .8 KD but only using off-meta guns, running around like a maniac, and playing the objective like a hero. I've never played a multiplayer game this much in my life. I'm fascinated by both how social and anti-social it is - think it's why I like it so much.

I keep everyone muted, have never heard a single voice in this game and that won't change. But I gg after every win and in response to others when our team loses. "GG wp" for close games. Compliment cool kills, etc...

Any time someone is hurling slurs in chat I go ahead and report and block them - the reporting probably does nothing but you never see them after a block. Handy for culling the MAGA and TRUMP tags.

SBMM is fine but I wish it would chill out when I lobby with my more sweaty friends and family because it truly is no fun to play on their higher level. The system discourages me from playing with them because I let down our team.

Also occasionally you get an amazing lobby with no sniveling campers, everyone running around and having fun...and I really wish I could keep playing with them. Real bummer that it disbands lobbies after every match.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really looking forward to the Battle Pass dropping today, I'm not going to get it just yet though and see what the levelling progress is like. I assume it's 6pm UK time that it'll come out, I might be able to get 1 quick game in later but not got too much gaming time this week unfortunately.

The pricing of the battle pass and the fact you get COD points back, seems a little bit too good to be true at the moment also. I'm a little sceptical. Ha.

Can't wait for Crash as well and still hope to see Christmas Crash :)

Also wonder what game updates there going to include today. If anything, you would think when a new season drops is when they would plan any significant changes (if they were actually any....)

Last edited:

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Will the battle pass add something like weekly challenges?

I was very into the Battles Passes at the start of Fortnite. The constant addition of interesting cosmetics were a blast. And the weekly updates kept the game fresh as you had new objectives to achieve. I don't care much for cosmetics in CoD, but interesting challenges could be very interesting. Even though the current challenges and challenge system is quite ass.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have comms enabled and I never hear anyone talk despite seeing mics with names popping up, I think I must have broken a setting or something lol, I've even made sure I have party chat channel turned off on the Xbox.

Is the crew expendable a digital download only dlc? The blue SAS outfit is the best operator outfit by far. I want it.

expect it sometime next year around March I expect. Was the operator edition only but they won't leave the money on the table

it's also a little annoying I can't link my PS4 CoD points as I have about 2000 sitting there on that platform, only way would be to buy MW on the PS4, but it and then sell the game

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
How does the officer stuff work? Rank 130 ish currently and no idea if they kept prestige or anything. I never really cared about doing it, just wondering if there is a good reason.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How does the officer stuff work? Rank 130 ish currently and no idea if they kept prestige or anything. I never really cared about doing it, just wondering if there is a good reason.

It resets every season (so everyone will be back at 55 today). You get a blueprint at level 55(56?) and 155. You get a new challenge every level to help level you to 155, and for every 10 challenges you complete you get a fancier emblem at the end of the season.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It resets every season (so everyone will be back at 55 today). You get a blueprint at level 55(56?) and 155. You get a new challenge every level to help level you to 155, and for every 10 challenges you complete you get a fancier emblem at the end of the season.
Ahh so rank resets? Do you still have all the unlocks etc?

Deleted member 10314

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have comms enabled and I never hear anyone talk despite seeing mics with names popping up, I think I must have broken a setting or something lol, I've even made sure I have party chat channel turned off on the Xbox.

expect it sometime next year around March I expect. Was the operator edition only but they won't leave the money on the table

it's also a little annoying I can't link my PS4 CoD points as I have about 2000 sitting there on that platform, only way would be to buy MW on the PS4, but it and then sell the game

Thanks for that. Hoping they release them before I lose interest in it.
What do COD points do? Old time player coming back from a long break away, so I've no idea what they are for.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get blueprints.

They are unique skins right? Like the gold&wood Desert Eagle from the tournament. You can't just equip that skin. But featurewise you can build them all so they are not "pay-to-win" or anything. And they unlock you those mods right away so trying out some new guns is more fun that way rather than starting with the base gun.

Making your own blueprints makes swapping in favourites faster as we only have the shitty 5 custom slots.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Not buying the pass, and still not playing spec ops until its reworked. Too bad a lot of the cosmetics/calling cards are locked behind payment.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
I won't have time to login again until Monday - interested to see what the "reward" is for 100/100 officer challenges though

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna guess the officer challenge emblem thing is going to be underwhelming as fuck. I think I got about halfway through, rank 130-ish with 52 or 53 finished.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Will the battle pass add something like weekly challenges?

I was very into the Battles Passes at the start of Fortnite. The constant addition of interesting cosmetics were a blast. And the weekly updates kept the game fresh as you had new objectives to achieve. I don't care much for cosmetics in CoD, but interesting challenges could be very interesting. Even though the current challenges and challenge system is quite ass.
The challenges in S2 Apex Legends killed my enjoyment and caused me to churn out. I don't want the game to force me into certain play styles to progress. I still don't have a single mounted or crouched kill on most of my guns past my first day of playing the game.

Oct 27, 2017
The challenges in S2 Apex Legends killed my enjoyment and caused me to churn out. I don't want the game to force me into certain play styles to progress. I still don't have a single mounted or crouched kill on most of my guns past my first day of playing the game.
This is a problem these games haven't figured out yet, challenges always push people towards a playstyle they don't care for.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I think whatever SBMM they have is killing my friend. He's going like 2 and 17 because he groups with us.

Yeah buddy. Now leave me alone. Have fun with Season 1
You started the conversation with me. Also it is interesting that you want to be left alone after receiving a couple messages yet are defending developers receiving thousands of hateful ones.

Nobody deserves deaththreats over a stupid video game but they easily deserve the regular hate and outrage.
They have completely ignored regular discussion for over a month, of course people are getting upset
Cecot was riding fan expectations from that "lie" for over a month without one word on it, then quietly says its a lie right as the big DLC and mtx systems release keep attention away from it and make mtx money.

I'm sorry but I just don't see how you can justify sending these sort of toxic, hateful messages to real people because game developers won't talk to you daily or make the changes you want. It's just so incredibly childish to me.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
I still got to do the spec ops missions for the character unlocks
I was gonna ask if you were on PC, then realized that's a dumb question. If you're in need of help, my ATVI handle is the same as my username here. I need to get those done, too.
If you guys are looking for a third to do spec ops missions with I'd like to do them as well. I've finished the first 2 but can help do those again if we can stick through the others. Activision ID is Hoodbury29. I play evenings US CST time.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting or wanting at least one 'big' change to come today that would please the community as a whole, thus some goodwill to lure some leavers back to check out the battlepass and then they earn some extra bucks. If it doesn't then so be it, but now would be a perfect time to go, here, we do listen, we changed the map back to how it was supposed to be and we also changed the scoreboards to show 'correctly' in all modes... See... see