• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
The Battle Pass is still time limited? Does this mean if I spend 10 bucks now and suddenly don't have enough time to play, it will be gone after that ~60 days? I can't unlock the tiers I have paid money for later?

yep which is why I won't buy it. So sick of this time crap. Adults just don't havethe time

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I didn't read it all. I didn't understood it all. I speeded through it and I choose to at least believe his expertise. This definitely is not created by a twelve year old with a grudge.

he did some hard work even if it might turn out to be wrong.

If this goes up, it will be starting some discussion I hope.
It's bunk. Complete bullshit. Clickbait. The only possible good thing that can come out of this is that it picks up enough traction that IW comes out of their turtle shell to lol and refute it.

Oct 25, 2017
This video kinda sums up how I feel about the game in some ways. Some tuning, like longer TTK, plus good maps, and this game could be really great.

He also notes it is a quite different experience between console and PC. I have not played on console but I have seen videos of console gameplay and it looks way different in terms of pacing. Sometimes before I realize it is console I think bots are playing because people are not dying as quick and are running around more with less pre-aiming.

edit:
Installing and.... 145 gb left to download? Said like 160gb full install? Wtf is up with that shit.................

Last edited:

StickeeFingaz

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason to use the Kar98 over the MK2 Carbine? Both seem to be two shot (non-headshot) kills but the Kar98 seems to have a slower reload. I love the sound/look of the Kar98 but I have yet to find any reason to use it in this game.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any reason to use the Kar98 over the MK2 Carbine? Both seem to be two shot (non-headshot) kills but the Kar98 seems to have a slower reload. I love the sound/look of the Kar98 but I have yet to find any reason to use it in this game.
Going out on a limb here and say the Kar has ridiculous ADS time and is better if that's your own. But I'm just guessing.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Battle Pass is still time limited? Does this mean if I spend 10 bucks now and suddenly don't have enough time to play, it will be gone after that ~60 days? I can't unlock the tiers I have paid money for later?
This is generally how Battle Passes work, yes. You're able to progress, earn the free unlocks every few levels, and then buy at any time to instantly unlock the paid unlocks you've already progressed past — but only while the BP itself is active.

See how far you go and then buy it before it expires, if you feel like it. I've played approximately 9 hours this weekend in Quickplay and have hit level 15, if that provides any kind of meaningful metric for you.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
This video kinda sums up how I feel about the game in some ways. Some tuning, like longer TTK, plus good maps, and this game could be really great.

He also notes it is a quite different experience between console and PC. I have not played on console but I have seen videos of console gameplay and it looks way different in terms of pacing. Sometimes before I realize it is console I think bots are playing because people are not dying as quick and are running around more with less pre-aiming.

edit:
Installing and.... 145 gb left to download? Said like 160gb full install? Wtf is up with that shit.................

You were much more positive on the game a hundred pages ago right? Or am I mistaking you for someone else?
Anyway, yeah, I agree. It's frustrating how good this game could be.

Console players definitely do play very differently. I get put in all-console sweat lobbies sometimes and frankly it's a different game. Much more aggressive thanks to the snapping autoaim, which results in a lot more weapon variety too.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
everyone praises shootout, but like, that map is trash. its the best in the game, apart from some of the 2v2 maps and the COD4 maps.. but fuck me shootout is still a shithole map. If it was in any other COD it would probably be worst map in the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Took forever to install again. Played a handful of matches. I was hoping the so called increased visibility would make it a bit better but I did not notice any real change. Playing again though just makes me wonder why I am not playing Titanfall2 instead atm. TF1 is the game that made me forget about the COD series in the first place.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is what it is. At least there isnt any sort of xp boost for owning the pass so just dont buy it until the last few days if you feel like you got far enough and retroactively get your unlocks.
It's definitely the most consumer-friendly MTX approach I've seen in a COD game in a long time. If this is what keeps new maps and #content coming without dividing the player base, I'm cool with it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I swear there must be hackers or something. People's reactions are insane where they stop reloading a mile away and quickly make in insane movements and kill you. And your left baffled at how they even knew you where there. Worse when your running ghost.

Edit: Anyway, got gold on the SCAR. First gold rifle.

Last edited:

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
everyone praises shootout, but like, that map is trash. its the best in the game, apart from some of the 2v2 maps and the COD4 maps.. but fuck me shootout is still a shithole map. If it was in any other COD it would probably be worst map in the game.
Nuketown syndrome. Expect to see it return in every future IW game in spite of being garbage.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was looking at some of the missions and realized I might have to start tanking on purpose to get the SBMM to put me into a lower skill bracket to get some of these long kill streak ones.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
And now, after a full week of no issues whatsoever, my PC locks up, my screen goes black, and my GPU's fans hit 100%.

Fantastic. This is a problem I used to deal with before repasting my GPU a few months ago, and I thought it was gone. But it happened three times on my tonight, even after using DDU to remove my old drivers and install new ones!

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually ok with the battle pass grind. I'm at tier 10 after around 6 hours play. I don't know if I'll play enough to get to tier 100 but it feels like I'll at least get both weapons and my 1000 cod points back. 60 days feels like an ok amount of time.

Naru

May 11, 2019
60 days feels like an ok amount of time.
Maybe but only if you don't play any other games though. It almost feels like when I sub to an MMO, then I feel like I have to play to get my money's worth.
Anyway, I think just playing the game and buying it at the end (or not) is probably the healthiest approach for me. I still have 1,1k CP from Blops4, so I don't really need to spend extra money for now.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The youtuber happened to play against weaker opponents after buying some cosmetics. It MUST be because activision has secretly made a pay to win system into their match making that also happens to aggressively place you against equally skilled opponents that also happens to correlate matchmaking with player level. This is a shitnado of biblical proportions. Oh, lets also bring up some stupid misunderstood patent from several years ago, because it tracts well.

This YTer is just getting attention for clicks. He does not even act convinced at all in the video. Yet he put it out cause he knew it would create drama and get attention. We already have people claiming SBMM is aggressive just on the feels alone... in a game with very little recoil and low ttk.

Even if that tweet is true, that his source said that, that at barest confirms they want bad players to not get crushed by good players. If bad players quit because they feel like they never have a chance, they do not buy MTX. This is just common sense, but people have no problem twisting words these days for attention online... because influencers are big money these days.

are you just here again with your snarky attitude to any seemingly negative opinion about this game?

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Man I love this game. Any ideas when the next nap will be? I want so many maps for this.

Good point about the battlepass giving you enough points to get the next season, if they keep that up that going forward it'd be not a bad deal if you play a lot. I'll wait to see how many ranks I progress but I think I'll grab the pass eventually. Got the G36 and I'm keeping a loadout for that.

The game just feels good. Even better when you get a good group who aren't camping too much.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
They have been getting plenty of feedback since day one. I don't understand why they would even need to start a survey.
It helps them get concrete data for what needs to be prioritized based on survey reception, and what can be put lower on the bracket or ignored outright. Spawns and matchmaking are likely to be the top priorities, but you never know.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
They have been getting plenty of feedback since day one. I don't understand why they would even need to start a survey.

It allows them to gather feedback outside of the forum / YouTube environment, where people might feel like they can't post their opinions, good or bad, without being questioned on them.

Forums can end up being echo chambers, where the loudest voices seem to be the only voices, direct and personal feedback is much better.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I think the general community consensus that Dead Silence should be a perk is a fucking terrible idea, for the record. We don't need it being a ridiculous clutch that results in players being unable to respond to players sprinting at light speed and jumping around corners to hose anyone who's actually holding a choke point. Having it being an ability to activate on demand is a great solution, and should remain that way.

Map design with actual flow (rather than dozens of random rooms to nowhere that don't exist for any purpose other than camping), claymores having a significantly longer fuse, bouncing betties being completely avoidable by crouching (not just prone), and so on are solutions the game needs. Making Dead Silence a perk is a band-aid, and would only make campers more obnoxious, since they would be able to not only hide with ease, but reposition with ease as well.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
At least IW can say they do listen - when they put the survey out then come back with, we're making some changes based on feedback from the community. Here's some new modes, we've fixed the challenges and those progression issues, all gone now :) which to be fair, should have all be sorted by release, if not the first patch. It's not their first game.

I think the general community consensus that Dead Silence should be a perk is a fucking terrible idea, for the record.

Map design with actual flow (rather than dozens of random rooms to nowhere that don't exist for any purpose other than camping), claymores having a significantly longer fuse, bouncing betties being completely avoidable by crouching (not just prone), and so on are solutions the game needs. Making Dead Silence a perk is a band-aid, and would only make campers more obnoxious, since they would be able to not only hide with ease, but reposition with ease as well.

I'd prefer if they stuck Dead Silence into perk slot 2 and you had the choice between Ghost and Dead Silence, with the minimap being back to normal.

I use EOD to counter claymores and don't find them to be an issue to be fair. Although I think a buff to spotter would help with the claymore conerns.

On another note, I hope we get another map this week, but it's more than likely going to be a week on Friday-ish.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dead silence as it is is fine for me, I rarely use it as I'd rather have my ammo crate, there's other trade offs too in that category, and for the most part it seems to get a wide variety of uses from players I have encountered.

Just seems like the usual launch window moaning that now the game has settled has fixed itself and isn't a problem any more.

There are a whole host of other high priority issues that need fixing though.

At least IW can say they do listen - when they put the survey out then come back with, we're making some changes based on feedback from the community. Here's some new modes, we've fixed the challenges and those progression issues, all gone now :) which to be fair, should have all be sorted by release, if not the first patch. It's not their first game.

I still can't believe challenges aren't tracking correctly, I'm doing the armoury master one and I'm on the stun 20 enemies, I'm getting hit markers on them but I'm stuck at 3/20.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe challenges aren't tracking correctly, I'm doing the armoury master one and I'm on the stun 20 enemies, I'm getting hit markers on them but I'm stuck at 3/20.

It really is crazy taking into consideration their experience before. It's a 'broken mess' to some people. For me, I don't get enough time to focus on them and especially how they are setup now that you have to actually select a challenge, will mean I probably do less, not more. Unless, it's like the finishing move one where I have only done a handful, yet I've nearly completed the challenge!! hha.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think the general community consensus that Dead Silence should be a perk is a fucking terrible idea, for the record. We don't need it being a ridiculous clutch that results in players being unable to respond to players sprinting at light speed and jumping around corners to hose anyone who's actually holding a choke point. Having it being an ability to activate on demand is a great solution, and should remain that way.

I don't think they should either, but if they go that route dead Silence as a red perk would be acceptable, would make people give up ghost/kill chain

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Oh great, the game reset every single keybind and mouse sensitivity setting I made with the last patch.

I don't even freaking know what sens I had before. Muscle memory is fucked again.

Last edited:

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They need to make killstreaks into scorestreaks again, turn Pointman into Hitman (turn scorestreaks into killstreaks), and replace Killchain with a perk that let's you keep your scorestreaks through death once per round while increasing the score required.

Also remove streaks from Ground War entirely.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They need to make killstreaks into scorestreaks again, turn Pointman into Hitman (turn scorestreaks into killstreaks), and replace Killchain with a perk that let's you keep your scorestreaks through death once per round while increasing the score required.

Also remove streaks from Ground War entirely.

NO! This game doesn't need killstreaks/scorestreaks to persist into the next life.

Killstreaks in ground war aren't a problem.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I use dead silence and stopping power as my field upgrades and I like that system. I see no reason to not have Ghost in my red slot though. I had a good time with the game this weekend. As you learn the maps, there's a ton of angles to check but I now get the general flow. It just takes more time to learn which is fine. The TTK should've been slightly increased to compensate though as it is really punishing. I bought the battle pass this weekend with some early Xmas money. They only got me because they put my baby at tier 31. Any other weapons and I wouldn't have given it a second glance. I got my AK to gold with the Steel Curtain blueprint, looks pretty good.

Maybe.

Killstreaks in Ground War are a gigantic problem. Once one team starts calling in harriers and gunships you might as well just quit.
I agree. And it's doubly weird to have them since they just give you a free top tier kill streak in the APCs.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say, at first I was on the fence about the no prestige levels, and the officer ranks and the levels resetting each season.

But after completing 85 officer challenges and reaching 155 the first season I have ZERO fucking desire to do it again. Bring back Prestige, at least I wasn't on a fucking timer with that and I could choose to do it if I wanted to, when I wanted to.

This fucking grind back to 155 and all of these mediocre battle pass rewards is fucking trash. Not to mention the officer rank emblems are not even that great looking.

x.f

Nov 1, 2017
Has anyone had luck with that three-round burst AR? I forgot the name of it, but it's also a 5.56 rifle and I seem to be getting destroyed by it recently. I think it might be a guaranteed kill if all three rounds land in the upper body.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say, at first I was on the fence about the no prestige levels, and the officer ranks and the levels resetting each season.

But after completing 85 officer challenges and reaching 155 the first season I have ZERO fucking desire to do it again. Bring back Prestige, at least I wasn't on a fucking timer with that and I could choose to do it if I wanted to, when I wanted to.

This fucking grind back to 155 and all of these mediocre battle pass rewards is fucking trash. Not to mention the officer rank emblems are not even that great looking.
I don't get this at all. Why are you even grinding it?
You don't have to. lol

I much prefer this to losing all my weapons .

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Screw losing your weapons! No freaking way. Exactly, who cares about the level, it gives you nothing.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018

Yes me 2. With prestige you always had a feeling of a for example 8th degree black belt if you entered prestige again.
Even if you did not play for a couple months the next session would always feel useful to your overall progression.

Also the grinding to get those new guns. After reaching level 6 I asked myself If I really wanted to grind this game in the current state in a certain timeframe and the answer is no.
The strong point of COD is always the 6 vs 6 gamemodes and that experience is just too light on content right now.