• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
So how come unlinking your console account from your Activision account is such a goddamn hassle?

I'm trying to link my current Activision account with my Xbox Live account, as the account that I used to have is one I lost the password for. But for some stupid fucking reason, Activision thought it was a great idea to make unlinking accounts the biggest fucking problem ever.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Nice. Shipment 24/7 is great to grind the officer ranks and the battle pass. On Shipment you get insane amounts of XP, especially if you also complete challenges.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC

-With Battle hardened, flashbang effect lasts 3.7s instead of the normal 5.9s.
-Concussion stun lasts 2.3s instead of the normal 5.9s.
-Exclusive Ace doesn't think BH is worth it cause most enemies will rush in and kill you within those 2 or 3 seconds. He'd like to see the effects of flashes and stuns minimized with BH.

They should literally be eliminated if you take this perk.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this is spectacular

ENt6DFbWwAcquqT

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
5v5 is still too big for Shipment. It needs to be cut down to 3v3 or 4v4, and the central spawn points need to be removed.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest, as someone whose main goal right now is to finish challenges and level up all my weapons, Shipment is my favourite map and I gladly welcome the 24/7 forever.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Do we think the BR mode is gonna be free to play like rumors have suggested, or be implemented into MW?

I honestly can't decide. On one hand F2P would be the smart idea as it would be accessible to everyone. It would also become the premier CoD BR so future CoD games don't have to divert resources implement it.

On the other hand, I could see Activision being cynical enough to implement it into MW just to make more people buy the game.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Bought the game while it was on sale and finally played some of it today. Just been doing the usually MP but having fun with it. It's been a while since I played COD. I don't think I'll ever go on crazy killstreaks but I'm actually having fun with it and getting pissed at myself for fucking up easy kills lol.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Do we think the BR mode is gonna be free to play like rumors have suggested, or be implemented into MW?

I honestly can't decide. On one hand F2P would be the smart idea as it would be accessible to everyone. It would also become the premier CoD BR so future CoD games don't have to divert resources implement it.

On the other hand, I could see Activision being cynical enough to implement it into MW just to make more people buy the game.

It will likely be a standalone F2P client but also just implemented into the current game since the game already has all of the files.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017

It is a very interesting question. On one hand Fortnite made a reported 1.8 billion last year being free. On the other hand COD MW made 1 Billion in three months. So its hard to say what Activision would view as the better strategy for revenue going forward between BUY MW and get the BR mode, or make it F2P?

Naru

May 11, 2019
Is the XP for every level of the season pass linear? Meaning, does every level need the same amount of XP or do you need more for higher levels?

Naru

May 11, 2019
Thanks.

How anyone can stomach even just one second of Shipment is totally beyond me. They could make a 500 square feet map with no walls or objects and people would probably beg for a 24/7 playlist.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Shipment is fun as fuck lol, and it's easy weapon levels

I love how hectic it is

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Just had a match on shipment with over 21000 XP... god, I love this chaotic, XP-bombing shit. In the last 2 hours went from officer rank 99 to 106 and did 2 and a half battle pass tiers. I'm really looking forward to coming 2XP weekend.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How anyone can stomach even just one second of Shipment is totally beyond me. They could make a 500 square feet map with no walls or objects and people would probably beg for a 24/7 playlist.
Maybe because the map is better designed than every single new map in the game (Almost ruined by the changes they tried to made tho')

Last edited:

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Shipment can be fun, but it's amazing to me they made it worse than the original... I mean it's insanely tiny and simple and yet they couldn't even port it over correctly.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I hate Shipment but I'm trying to grind stuff so I'm always gonna spam it when it's available. It's fun if you can abuse the spawns at least.

I'd kill for a good COD that let me unlock stuff in whatever order I wanted, rather than slogging through trash for the handful of guns and attachments I want.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Bring back shoot house... please. Seriously, it's the only map I give a damn about in this game.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Noticed a lot of people in this thread slogging through all the weapons to unlock everything and my question is this - why? There are a handful of guns that are vastly superior to the rest and only a handful again of useful attachments/perks. I play on PC so not sure if this is for achievements/trophies or something? I don't understand why you'd put yourself in the position of grinding on horrible maps with horrible weapons just to checkbox content?

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shipment is a blast when you can't actually pay full attention or just need to unwind.

But it gets grating fast I will admit.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Noticed a lot of people in this thread slogging through all the weapons to unlock everything and my question is this - why? There are a handful of guns that are vastly superior to the rest and only a handful again of useful attachments/perks. I play on PC so not sure if this is for achievements/trophies or something? I don't understand why you'd put yourself in the position of grinding on horrible maps with horrible weapons just to checkbox content?

Can only speak for myself but playing with one weapon with the same set of attachments is a very boring way to spend my time. I'm not a professional so there is no need to limit myself to just one or two weapons. That being said, there are plenty of weapons I won't end up using. Like snipers for example. Nor do I care about things like dark matter camo that appear in some versions that require people to use everything. Basically I tend to unlock stuff for all the normal AR's and SMG's and then a subset of what is left that interests me.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I don't play COD as a serious competitive game. If I wanted that I would start up CSGO. I don't think the game is designed well enough to be taken seriously to be honest. Unlocking everything, grinding levels, getting an endorphin rush seeing numbers go up and bars fill up, that's what COD has always been about to me and I'm just finding it really fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Who is designing these skin and bundle packs, its dumb as hell.

They gave the US Marine skin to an Australian operator
now they come out with a stereotype Australian bundle and give it to the freaking Texan operator

WTF are you doing art team?
Outback-Overview-768x299.png

Biw

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks.

I love it for what it is. Just a ridiculous cluster fuck of a map. It's fun, ya know?

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017

Speculation on my part but I'd bet money it's F2P with some kind of incentive to owning MW (character skin unlocks, gun camos transferring over, etc)

Naru

May 11, 2019
I generally suck at this game while still having fun so a 1 K/D or lower is normal for me. But once in a while I go completely berserk like having a 20:0 run which feels like I am cheating or someone else has taken over. It's completely surreal. Not sure if it's the SBMM or what but it's crazy.

Also after the game turned in a stuttering mess all of a sudden and I did a PC restart it plays completely fine now. Like it never did before. Even FreeSync seems to work now without hitches. Weird.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
I could swear the 680 was buffed quite a bit. To me it's the best shotgun right now. The R9 was nerfed too much as well. On Shipment the Origin 12 is by far the best weapon tho lol

pretty sure the 680 has better range now. Playing the back to back, the 725 definitely has not the same one hit potential aiming at the upper torso. Got some impressive range hits with the 680 already.