• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It was nerfed to death. I should have used it more when the game released.

I use it sometimes still (when the enemy team is filled with tryhards), and it still destroys people. Only part I hated was long range kills.

Sawed off barrel, sawed off stock/No stock, choke, sleight of hand, I think. Don't remember what 5th one I use. I'll look when I get home from work.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked a ton already (checked the last few pages but didn't see anything), but what is the latest on the battle royale mode for this game? Do we have a tentative date yet?

Friends and I are cooling on Apex a bit and we need something new to jump into. We tried going back to Blackout but it just wasn't fun anymore after all the QoL changes Apex made.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It may just be in my head but when I use the choke I feel like I get way more consistent one shot hip fire kills at range.

Meanwhile whenever I use the silencer I get a lot of hit markers at the same ranges.

SAME! When I see people using the silencer I just laugh to myself. The choke is the one to use. Don't care what the numbers/graphs say, the choke works for me.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked a ton already (checked the last few pages but didn't see anything), but what is the latest on the battle royale mode for this game? Do we have a tentative date yet?

Friends and I are cooling on Apex a bit and we need something new to jump into. We tried going back to Blackout but it just wasn't fun anymore after all the QoL changes Apex made.

There is literally no official news on the BR mode at all at this point. I don't even know that they have officially acknowledged it's existence even.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Well the 725 took some time to get used to again, but then it was decent. No gun for Shipment though. I just spray'n pray with the Origin. Finally platin for shotguns, although they are the only weapons I really play with.

next up I'm going to try to get that gold knife so I can run around with a platinum shield on my back lol

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017

I assume they'll at least let the first Season run it's course before announcing the BR mode.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Ive shelved this game about two weeks ago and went back to Blackout. I missed the strategy involved on BR vs the spawn/die/spawn/etc of MW mp

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
The prices on these packages of loot are kind of nuts. I've never really gotten into these games with battle passes and cosmetic packs for sale, so I guess there must be people dropping $20 on a few skins and charms for their gun, but god damn that's a lot of money for a few trinkets.

Do we think the BR mode is gonna be free to play like rumors have suggested, or be implemented into MW?
It will likely be a standalone F2P client but also just implemented into the current game since the game already has all of the files.
I don't see them offering an official Call of Duty product for free. It would be a big step for Activision to do that.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else going for all the officer challenge ribbons? I only have two left. It was easy to get a juggernaut, I just used the kill chain perk.

What do you get for getting them all? I never completed them all in Season 1.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
The prices on these packages of loot are kind of nuts. I've never really gotten into these games with battle passes and cosmetic packs for sale, so I guess there must be people dropping $20 on a few skins and charms for their gun, but god damn that's a lot of money for a few trinkets.

I don't see them offering an official Call of Duty product for free. It would be a big step for Activision to do that.
Call of Duty mobile is pretty decent

Roge_NES

Feb 18, 2018
Anyone else going for all the officer challenge ribbons? I only have two left. It was easy to get a juggernaut, I just used the kill chain perk.

You get an animated emblem, I got the one for season 1, not worth it IMO.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
There's a special place in hell for whoever put Hardpoint in Shipment. There's an even more special place for whoever put a spawn point dead center of the map, and whoever straightened the shipping crates.

So much wrong with this map. It's a classic that WWII got so right. How do you get it so wrong?

XL Hoodie

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.

Have 3 left. Actually got the Juggernaut challenge completed yesterday using the care package. So that counts I guess.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just checked on my battlepass and holy crap this thing moves slow lol I'm not sure I will get to the end before it resets.

CSMITHY84

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I ended up buying the rest of the battle pass! So slow getting it completed even with me playing a good few hours a day! Really need new maps releasing soon aswell.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I'm on tier 61 currently. I hope I can make it to 100 the next 24 days. About 2 tiers a day. Considering that this weekend is 2XP with shipment 24/7 and hopefully another 2XP-Tier event before it ends things look good that I don't have to pay any extra money.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing no one's found a way to reduce the installation size on PC? Something like deleting certain files/bundles like you could do with Doom 2016 or something.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now that I'm at level 155 and done the officer challengers I think I'm going to go back to BLOPS 4 until the new season starts. It will be nice to get away from the campers, anyway.

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
For those of you not aware the "official Era MW discord" was pretty much dead and abandoned so a few of us made another (not Era exclusive mind you) server to group up on and play. Not a ton always active but a few of us always are in case anyone's looking to group up. All are welcome - more the merrier.

Quote to show Discord link
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shipment is so useful for leveling up guns you haven't used. I almost maxed out the GS.50 last night in a few hours just blasting 50+ every shipment game with it haha.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Do you have crossplay off? Or are you using M&K and not controller?
M&K and CP on. I am also only playing the same 4 or 5 maps for whatever reason. No filters on. I did check them out on private play and there are many that I have never played in the 10-ish hours I am playing this game. Weird.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Infinity Ward in 2019 be like:

Infinity Ward in 2020 after "new year, new me":

Given to them... the thread on reddit was about character skins, but still...

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
M&K and CP on. I am also only playing the same 4 or 5 maps for whatever reason. No filters on. I did check them out on private play and there are many that I have never played in the 10-ish hours I am playing this game. Weird.

Yeah, likely due to using M&K. Since even with Crossplay on it will only pair you with other M&K users. If you use a controller you will likely get many more matches.

Infinity Ward in 2019 be like:

Infinity Ward in 2020 after "new year, new me":

Given to them... the thread on reddit was about character skins, but still...

IW in 2020? There's been skins like that since the store launched with season 1 lol.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got Best of the Best completed. That's been my active mission for nearly two weeks now, but I got it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that's true, I get matched up with and against console players all the time on PC using M&K.

If they're playing with someone on PC whose using M&K it will use mix lobbies. Otherwise matchmaking is input method based. I play against PC users but they're all using controllers.

Naru

May 11, 2019
If they're playing with someone on PC whose using M&K it will use mix lobbies. Otherwise matchmaking is input method based. I play against PC users but they're all using controllers.
Hmm not sure. I had lobbies where I was the only one on PC with M&K the rest was on PS4 or XbX with controller.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm not sure. I had lobbies where I was the only one on PC with M&K the rest was on PS4 or XbX with controller.

Hm. I know it is input-based. You can have option for it in the menu and by default it's set to only do Controller to Controller or M&K to M&K. Though there is times where it glitches out and messes up. I haven't played against a M&K user in over a month despite crossplay being on.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's really weird Kalentan. I don't think I've ever played with or against any PC players using controllers but almost every game is a mix of PS4/XBOX players and PC with M&K...

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got killed 3 times in a row in a Play of the game thanks to shipment spawns, lmao

Also what's up with Team Deathmatch in there? I had a challenge for it all week and nothing, now that double XP is on I feel like most of my shipment 24/7 matches are TDM.