• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
does the exp needed for Tiers get progressively higher as you progress? (BattlePass)
No, it works something like this:

1000xp = 1%
1 minute in-game time = 1%

The amount needed to rank up never changes. However, with double XP, you're earning twice as many points, so it's safe to say that if you're a decent slayer and PTFO, you'll progress a decent bit faster. Not as fast as double tiers, but still faster than regular.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's unfortunately just way too big to have installed at all times, which is a goddamn shame since I'd like to jump in for a game or two every now and then.

Exactly and I just do not understand why this game has gone from like 120gb to 164gb when all they added are cosmetics and a few maps. What the hell is going on over at IW. Their anti-theft encryption gone nuts? How is a call of duty game the largest game I own? And why have they taken literally zero convenience steps... like separating multiplayer for instance.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly and I just do not understand why this game has gone from like 120gb to 164gb when all they added are cosmetics and a few maps. What the hell is going on over at IW. Their anti-theft encryption gone nuts? How is a call of duty game the largest game I own? And why have they taken literally zero convenience steps... like separating multiplayer for instance.

I hope that when they add the eventual Battle Royale mode folks don't need to download that much more because they've been slowly downloading the map through the new Spec Ops missions

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Hardpoint spawns on Shipment make me want to gouge my eyes out. I genuinely don't understand how they can be this bad.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game will be over 200Gb when the battle royale ships.

it really is a joke.

even MW:R is like 90Gb....I mean seriously?

Naru

May 11, 2019
SBMM or not, lobbies get suuuper sweaty on weekends. I am not really good to begin with but I totally suck ass on weekends. When you play with players that are equally bad as you, you probably end up with much more campers I believe. You know, people that die a lot and tend to hang back in one location rather than running and gunning. Yesterday was the first time I had to stop playing because it wasn't fun anymore and I even got kinda angry.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SBMM or not, lobbies get suuuper sweaty on weekends. I am not really good to begin with but I totally suck ass on weekends. When you play with players that are equally bad as you, you probably end up with much more campers I believe. You know, people that die a lot and tend to hang back in one location rather than running and gunning. Yesterday was the first time I had to stop playing because it wasn't fun anymore and I even got kinda angry.

Always been the way with CoD. I find the same thing too historically. Double XP weekends get sweaty as well, and so does late night gaming sessions 11pm onwards, my most enjoyable games are during the day. Daytime weekend sessions aren't too bad either.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
The game will be over 200Gb when the battle royale ships.

it really is a joke.

even MW:R is like 90Gb....I mean seriously?
As we move into the next gen and 4K becomes a more common native display resolution, you should expect to see high-res textures follow suit. My understanding is that high bitrate audio already takes up a decent amount of a game's install size, but textures are the real meat. Hell, the 4K texture packs for games like Fallout 4 and Rainbow 6 Siege basically double the install size, and those are in older games where it's optional to use those high-res textures.

XL Hoodie

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.
Hm. I know it is input-based. You can have option for it in the menu and by default it's set to only do Controller to Controller or M&K to M&K. Though there is times where it glitches out and messes up. I haven't played against a M&K user in over a month despite crossplay being on.

Yeah, we don't have those options on PC, it's just crossplay enabled or disabled. I play quite a bit and I get matched up with controller users on console almost every match. And honestly, I'm not really that big of a fan. Aim assist is just way too strong. It turns their guns into flippin lasers. If I turn it off though, then I wait forever to get matches.

Last edited:

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like another issue is going around people can't even log into the game. Just sits at fetching profile screen.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Nice, wasn't going to buy this, but this move made me buy it.
FWIW we have a decent sized office in Melbourne these days. Based on Slack convos they all seem out of the way of harm but it's something we're always thinking about.

When I was working out of Treyarch I remember driving north on the 2 one night to my place in Montrose, and a line of flame all along the Verdugo Hills to the west. Pretty powerful visual that's stayed with me.

Hope everyone stays safe wherever they are.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Did the gamma change in this game over night? There was an update today on my Xbox One X and now the game is washed out on my HDR TV. Looks totally different from where it was yesterday.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, once you reach level 155 there really is nothing to do is there? What I'm I supposed to do. Play the game for fun or something?

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you haven't finished your battle pass and related operator missions then finish those up but I would totally stop playing if I was 155 already. Save your missions, other grinding and related exp for next season.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you haven't finished your battle pass and related operator missions then finish those up but I would totally stop playing if I was 155 already. Save your missions, other grinding and related exp for next season.

Missions would be the only thing you'd lose out on by not waiting and frankly they don't offer shit for XP.

Like even the really big ones offer less than a match worth of XP.

I guess sure, if you are really that into how fat you can get to 155, but the difference would be negligible.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno if you folks were watching Drift0r's Mixer stream, but he hopped into a match of shipment and was spawn killed nearly a dozen times in a row. The rant that followed was pretty amazing, and his tweets capture a mere microcosm of the anger he was displaying.

Frankly, I totally understand. It's hands-down one of, if not the worst Call of Duty maps in the franchise history, in a game with several contenders for series' worst (Picadilly and Rammaza being my personal most-hated aside from Shipment 2019).

Naru

May 11, 2019
I am with that Drift0r dude when it comes to shipment. I am all for chaotic maps and stupid fun but as I said before, shipment comes close to the one custom Doom (or was it Half Life) map I remember which was just a big square where 10+ people would spawn in with rocket launchers.

Also: When you play against people on console and you see in the kill feed how insane the snap to target aim assist is... wow.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man holy shit. If you keep using the Holger-26 till you can turn it into an AR... It can actually be incredible.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm I've played nothing but shipment for a week. I've really enjoyed the chaos, and racking up bunches of kills and xp.

I'm probably not the "norm" though.

Naru

May 11, 2019
I know that this is what gaming has become these days but when I buy the battle pass with real money, it should stay for me to unlock forever. 100 levels is bad enough but when I spend the 10 bucks I should be able to work on it indefinitely. And if I buy the next one I should be able to work on both. You already have my money... what the hell. In the end I don't spend anything at all because of that stupid mechanic. It should be illegal for them to remove it after I bought it imho. It is consumer unfriendly as it gets.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Tried the coop missions for the first time yesterday and they're petty fun if a little bit absurd. One of them is a bank heist type thing and at one point you literally get a never ending stream of suicide bombers until you find something in the vault. It felt like I was playing Left 4 Dead lol.

I unlocked a couple of cool operators and calling cards.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Hmmm I've played nothing but shipment for a week. I've really enjoyed the chaos, and racking up bunches of kills and xp.

I'm probably not the "norm" though.

Same.

It's just stupid fun and helps extremely to max out the battle pass and the officer ranks. Thanks to Shipment and 2XP I did 10 battle pass tiers since friday. More to come today...

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting mad at being spawn killed in Shipment is like getting mad someone bumps into you in a packed club.

Don't be dumb, Shipment isn't a real map.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Getting mad at being spawn killed in Shipment is like getting mad someone bumps into you in a packed club.

Don't be dumb, Shipment isn't a real map.
Oh, it's real alright. Real bad.

I enjoy smaller maps sometimes, and Shoot House is a example of a great smaller map. Shipment is not that. It's a tiny map that should never be used for anything beyond 2 vs 2 matches. 6 v 6 on that map is just a cluster fuck and I'm shocked Infinity Ward ever thought it should be used for 6 v 6.

All of it goes to relief efforts.
Sure, and that's great. The price for most of these cosmetic packs is insane though. 1/3 the price of the entire game for some skins and trinkets? No thanks.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
You know what I like picadilly. It's big enough to run around without being killed in 5 seconds and makes alot of the overhead killstreaks easier to deal with since there is cover. It's the opposite of the maps from BLOPS4 which is great because that game was fucking garbage

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You know what I like picadilly. It's big enough to run around without being killed in 5 seconds and makes alot of the overhead killstreaks easier to deal with since there is cover. It's the opposite of the maps from BLOPS4 which is great because that game was fucking garbage

Piccadilly is actually one of the best maps in the game for S&D. I can't say I enjoy it on any other modes though.