• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Naru

May 11, 2019
There are definitely people with latency advantages over you in this game. When you see the same guy over and over not even shooting at you in real time and then you watch the replay and he in fact did shoot way before you could see him do it. It's probably the shitty netcode but still... very annoying.

Also killstreaks are pretty useless for me since a double or tripple kill is the highlight of every match.... I got the chopper once but still don't know how that could happen. I had a 9.0 K/D in this one match. But in most games I'm not even able to call the personal drone thingy.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I think I might like COD more without the 100 different attachments. Kinda seems like bloat at a certain point.

Yeah, I initially liked the gunsmith idea, but now I gotta say it isn't for me. I'd much rather have a considerably smaller amount of attachments that all have bigger effects on the weapons. It's like the difference between leveling up in a JRPG and a CRPG - the former is frequent and boring and rarely matters much since max levels are so high, while a single level in the latter can make a HUGE difference.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I think I might like COD more without the 100 different attachments. Kinda seems like bloat at a certain point.

There's some bloat but I really enjoy building a weapon and trying out new scopes, grips, and other combinations. The millions of scopes is a little annoying but there's plenty of variety there where they offer more than just different zoom levels. And sometimes it's just for looks like does a holo sight look good on this weapon or is a reflex sight better.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
There's some bloat but I really enjoy building a weapon and trying out new scopes, grips, and other combinations. The millions of scopes is a little annoying but there's plenty of variety there where they offer more than just different zoom levels. And sometimes it's just for looks like does a holo sight look good on this weapon or is a reflex sight better.
That is one thing I hated about BF 3, and 4 just to much bloat. And the same here with MW never saw a difference between all the attachments.

Anyways looks like Fridays are the new gameplay updates now. I can't remember the last true gameplay update.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's nuts that some of the attachment effects are so negligible but we have to watch an xclusiveace video to find that out instead of the stats being plain in game.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
One of today's daily challenges. "Get 75 kills while using ADS".

I'm assuming this means aim down sights, and yet two matches later still showing 0/75.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine how much better this game would be if the maps were as good as the animations.

Last edited:

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Imagine how much better this game would be if the maps were as good as the animations.

If they add these without changing any part of the maps, my 1 hour per day playtime will increase drastically.

afghan-prev.jpg

derail-prev.jpg

favela-prev.jpg

highrise-prev.jpg
rundown-prev.jpg

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is it only me or are you guys also having the most fun when they rotate in the older maps?

Like i'm having fun but then crash pops up and it's the best game I've had all day.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Where dya hear that if you dont mind me asking?
This video. All the supposed leaks are from The Gaming Revolution, who has been right about a lot of stuff.

The mid January stuff is from a couple YouTubers who said we might see said leaked content in mid January. They very well could be talking out their ass of course.

Obviously take all this with a grain of salt. Rumors are just rumors and we'll find out within the next week.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I need me some backlot and crossfire. Game would be freaking perfect.

TBH, I feel like a lot of people here would be happy with MW2 with updated graphics and MW1 map pack....

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Mw2 was not much better than this I would say. People are romanticizing it.
But I loved mw2 back in the day for all the op shit. And this one is not much different.

however i feel like I ran out if fun shit to play with. Got the shield golden, Shotguns platinum. Played a decent amount with the bizon but all other guns feel lame. Feels like i'm drifting away in that obscure cod vibe when playing with automatic weapons. Starting with drop shots...

i just want to have fun and playing with automatic weapons feels so cheesy sweaty.

knife only is hard af though, cause the footsteps are just so loud. Bummer.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mw2 was not much better than this I would say. People are romanticizing it.
But I loved mw2 back in the day for all the op shit. And this one is not much different.

however i feel like I ran out if fun shit to play with. Got the shield golden, Shotguns platinum. Played a decent amount with the bizon but all other guns feel lame. Feels like i'm drifting away in that obscure cod vibe when playing with automatic weapons. Starting with drop shots...

i just want to have fun and playing with automatic weapons feels so cheesy sweaty.

knife only is hard af though, cause the footsteps are just so loud. Bummer.

MW2 was fantastic.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
If they add these without changing any part of the maps, my 1 hour per day playtime will increase drastically.

afghan-prev.jpg

derail-prev.jpg

favela-prev.jpg

highrise-prev.jpg
rundown-prev.jpg
Oh my God. I can't remember the name of the airplane map, but my god i would KILL to have that map put in.

Way back when my friends would put all our Xboxes in the same room and we would TEAR through that map. We had the spawns memorized and would just destroy teams.

God the nostalgia is almost painful.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017

afghan-prev.jpg

derail-prev.jpg

favela-prev.jpg

highrise-prev.jpg
rundown-prev.jpg
Afghan was remade in Infinite Warfare as Dominion, and it ruled. Out of those maps however, I'm only really interested in Afghan, Favela, and High Rise. And frankly, I'd prefer more original maps, rather than the map designers getting caught in a remake rut like Titanfall 2 did.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Season 1 extended, season 2 delayed, tomayto tomahto.

I'm just happy double tier xp is coming again so I can knock off the last 20 tiers I have to do extra quick.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Think I've finally churned. Can't get my friends to fire up the game for Gunfight and I get 50% through my dailies before I start questioning life.
My Battlepass is at level 75 and has been stuck in the 70's for a month now because I have zero motivation to continue.

I really hope BR comes soon, and that it's actually good.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I keep accidentally spending coins, first it was the battle pass bundle, then the single tier unlocks. I click way too fast at night, I hate the store UI on PC so much.

I finally got platinum for SMGs thanks to the torture that was shipment 24/7. It's pretty nice and shiney, nicer than the preview thankfully. I thought I wasn't going to go for obsidian...but now I kind of want to. But for a few moments, after I got platinum, I really felt free to play the game and not think about what I'm going to try to unlock next.

Maybe by the time the next game comes out I'll have everything...only for everyone to have moved on.

But tbh, unless they have crazy good destruction in the next one or something, I could keep playing this for a long time if there are players.

afghan-prev.jpg

derail-prev.jpg

favela-prev.jpg

highrise-prev.jpg
rundown-prev.jpg

All of these would be so damn good. Except I don't remember the last one.

There was one which had tonnes of cargo stacked up really high, and building scaffolding in a big desert area...I forgot which game it was from. That'd be good too. Also...killhouse, District and crossfire! Crossfire and Strike were so popular for years after COD4 released and new games came out. Scrapyard...man MW2 had great maps too. Skidrow...Underpass... Damn they should stop making new CODs and just add everything to this. Then release an expansion with destruction, then another with a server list and custom dedicated servers, higher tick rates and call it a day :P

I can't wait for this game to have a tonne of these maps, I'm confident they'll make good picks...The bitter sweet thing is you rarely get to see them as you grind out shoot house 24/7.

The rumor I saw was that each season have the maps from each modern warfare game. So next season will be mw2, after that mw3, etc...
I hope not...pick the best from all of them...

IW extending the season to Feb 11th and bringing the crossbow =)

Dang to the first part :/ I'm ready for new maps. At least the crossbow is this season. Can they just give it to us, I don't want more unlocks :'(

Last edited:

Naru

May 11, 2019
I just unlocked the Holger-26 and used it for a few rounds. Pretty fun but it's recoil seems a bit unpredictable. Not sure if I should stick with it for now to unlock more stability attachments.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
When is the double tier returning?

I'm not too sure if it's just the way that I'm reading it, but from this text I would presume it's all of the extended period (so the 3rd to the 11th):

Over the next few weeks, a host of new items and challenges will arrive, including an in-game Challenge to earn the new Crossbow weapon, more remixed game modes, new playlists, and more in the Store to discover. To make room for all that activity, we are making a one-time extension of Season One – it's now ending on February 11. During that time, there will be 2XP, 2X Weapon XP, and 2X Tier Progression to help you finish up your Officer Ranks and Tiers, and get you ready for an exciting Season Two!

Or they could lamely stack it like - 2xp, then 2x weapon xp, then 2xtier.. However, I hope it's 2x everything for the whole period. I need to get some tiers done and this will decide whether I buy the pass or not.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Think I've finally churned. Can't get my friends to fire up the game for Gunfight and I get 50% through my dailies before I start questioning life.
My Battlepass is at level 75 and has been stuck in the 70's for a month now because I have zero motivation to continue.

Yeh, I didn't really like the BR mode on the BLOPS, but I can see it being good on this one.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017

I'm right there with you. I cannot force myself right now to turn this game on. I've been in a rut for 3+ weeks. I have gone back to Blackout and am enjoying BR much more than MW. For me there is so much more strategy involved with BR which is what I enjoy more than the mindless Camp chases for guns I don't like.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
The pool of players on Xbox One in Europe or whatever it matches me to seems super small. I constantly enter lobbies with people of my blocklist. Urghs.

i don't get why people get through with naming themselves "adolf hitlur" or "gas 4 the jews" or "baumwollsammler" which basically means the n word. So many racist and antisemetic names get through.

and a friend of mine couldn't call himself russian gigolo cause it was too offensive lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not too sure if it's just the way that I'm reading it, but from this text I would presume it's all of the extended period (so the 3rd to the 11th):

Over the next few weeks, a host of new items and challenges will arrive, including an in-game Challenge to earn the new Crossbow weapon, more remixed game modes, new playlists, and more in the Store to discover. To make room for all that activity, we are making a one-time extension of Season One – it's now ending on February 11. During that time, there will be 2XP, 2X Weapon XP, and 2X Tier Progression to help you finish up your Officer Ranks and Tiers, and get you ready for an exciting Season Two!

Or they could lamely stack it like - 2xp, then 2x weapon xp, then 2xtier.. However, I hope it's 2x everything for the whole period. I need to get some tiers done and this will decide whether I buy the pass or not.

The double weapon and normal XP is only this weekend from 17th January until 21st January.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
The double weapon and normal XP is only this weekend from 17th January until 21st January.

It's the extension to Season 1 were on about dude, not this weekend. More specifically, the 2 x tier for the battlepass:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was double tiers for the whole week, just to encourage people to finish it.

As a side note.. The updates to COD mobile (today's update) is something else! Don't want to port beg but I'd love the 'same game' as a main game, like COD Online which we are probably heading towards in a few iterations, but I'd love some Black Ops maps in MW.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to ace CoD mobile on console and it blows my kind they haven't done it! The money they would make would dwarf MW.

I mean Fortnite has shown it can be done across all platforms