• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
I keep accidentally spending coins, first it was the battle pass bundle, then the single tier unlocks. I click way too fast at night, I hate the store UI on PC so much.

I finally got platinum for SMGs thanks to the torture that was shipment 24/7. It's pretty nice and shiney, nicer than the preview thankfully. I thought I wasn't going to go for obsidian...but now I kind of want to. But for a few moments, after I got platinum, I really felt free to play the game and not think about what I'm going to try to unlock next.

Maybe by the time the next game comes out I'll have everything...only for everyone to have moved on.

But tbh, unless they have crazy good destruction in the next one or something, I could keep playing this for a long time if there are players.

All of these would be so damn good. Except I don't remember the last one.

There was one which had tonnes of cargo stacked up really high, and building scaffolding in a big desert area...I forgot which game it was from. That'd be good too. Also...killhouse, District and crossfire! Crossfire and Strike were so popular for years after COD4 released and new games came out. Scrapyard...man MW2 had great maps too. Skidrow...Underpass... Damn they should stop making new CODs and just add everything to this. Then release an expansion with destruction, then another with a server list and custom dedicated servers, higher tick rates and call it a day :P

I can't wait for this game to have a tonne of these maps, I'm confident they'll make good picks...The bitter sweet thing is you rarely get to see them as you grind out shoot house 24/7.

I hope not...pick the best from all of them...

Dang to the first part :/ I'm ready for new maps. At least the crossbow is this season. Can they just give it to us, I don't want more unlocks :'(
The last map is rundown.

Yeah I need that battle royale mode if it even exists...
It definitely exists.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'd wager season 2 was delayed to ensure it launches smoothly. The entire map already exists in the game files. Spec Ops was likely made to test out how the game would handle streaming such a large map, as well as handling 4-player teams and squad gameplay with features like body armor, class abilities, and dynamic objectives.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
This game is so damn frustrating and rage inducing since the beginning of the week. Shots don't register while it feels like I'm always down in 1 shot, teammates leave the match and my team don't gets filled up so that I often end up losing game 4 vs 6, campers and people who play in general like a**holes... puh, I think I need a 2 or 3 day break.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I'd wager season 2 was delayed to ensure it launches smoothly. The entire map already exists in the game files. Spec Ops was likely made to test out how the game would handle streaming such a large map, as well as handling 4-player teams and squad gameplay with features like body armor, class abilities, and dynamic objectives.
I'm more inclined to buy into the narrative that Spec Ops was an "easy win" to add co-op while using BR assets, rather than it being a testing ground for BR tech. The latter would be pretty sloppy--you'd want that stuff proved way before it hits players.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

How far is the story in Spec Ops? I keep trying to beat those missions but they're so goddamn boring and not worth the time put in there (unless the second set of missions changed things)

If the entire map has been used in Spec Ops I'm sure BR isnt far behind

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
How far is the story in Spec Ops? I keep trying to beat those missions but they're so goddamn boring and not worth the time put in there (unless the second set of missions changed things)

If the entire map has been used in Spec Ops I'm sure BR isnt far behind

No idea. I haven't really set foot in spec ops. What are the missions even like? I just want them to be like that one campaign missions where you have to visit the different points and check for a prisoner. A little stealth/tactical thing to do with your buds. If it's just waves of enemies then that blows, I find those type of modes (like Zombies) so damn boring.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope we get the patch today. They implied the patch was last week but then nothing and now we're at the end of another week.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Really looking forward to extra weapon slots.

One thing I really really wish they would address is going from game -> searching for lobby

Sometimes the games end in 2 minutes and you spend another minute just getting into a game. Why can't we keep the lobby?

I read ages ago that it was apparently a bug and that it should keep the lobby and search for extra players if needed but it's been 2 months.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to extra weapon slots.

One thing I really really wish they would address is going from game -> searching for lobby

Sometimes the games end in 2 minutes and you spend another minute just getting into a game. Why can't we keep the lobby?

I read ages ago that it was apparently a bug and that it should keep the lobby and search for extra players if needed but it's been 2 months.

I think breaking up the lobbies is intentional because of the skill based matchmaking.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So during my little ERA vacation I ended up picking this up on sale and getting into it. I like it a lot and I think I enjoy the seasonal approach to the game in regards to the post-game leveling stuff.

I do wish they would let you buy a paired down Multiplayer Only version of the game if they are insistent on continuing to put out Campaigns though.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
wtf happened to matchmaking? Just lost a game of domination 97 - 200, the match before 109 - 200, that match before kill confirmed 20 - 65, then I got matched to a TDM game where the standing already was 13 - 50 with an enemy vtol on the battlefield and not to forget I also had another kill confirmed match where it took the enemy like a minute to get a Juggernaut.

And that's only about 1 of today in a whole week that has been terrible.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
I really really wish there was an in game report function to report cheating. I'm running into way too often.
There is. After a match press the button to access the "social" menu (on Xbox it's Y) go to recent players, choose the one you want go report and then why.

i already reported and blocked countless nazis and antisemitic people with lovely names such as "gas 4 the jews".

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is. After a match press the button to access the "social" menu (on Xbox it's Y) go to recent players, choose the one you want go report and then why.

i already reported and blocked countless nazis and antisemitic people with lovely names such as "gas 4 the jews".

doesn't work with crossplay as it doesn't show names sadly.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
doesn't work with crossplay as it doesn't show names sadly.
I don't mean a system specific menu. It is within Modern Warfare. It shows the Activision ID names and not the service user names. Should be no issue with cross play as I already reported some cross play users as well. Usually it's only the Activision ID name which is offensive, not the service user name since those are much better protected.

maybe they patched it out because I only played with cross play enabled in the first few days.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean a system specific menu. It is within Modern Warfare. It shows the Activision ID names and not the service user names. Should be no issue with cross play as I already reported some cross play users as well. Usually it's only the Activision ID name which is offensive, not the service user name since those are much better protected.

maybe they patched it out because I only played with cross play enabled in the first few days.

it's never worked for me if they are cross platform, the name is just a blank field, only xbox players show up

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Havent played since Crash came out.

Did they ever address the bigger issues with the game's balancing and SBMM? Are people disappointed in Vacant? I dont really care for Shipment.

Did they ever fix spawns? Further improvements to footsteps or map flow?

Is 3v3 Gunfight any good? I may hop on for that alone.

They are just dead set on how the game is then? I thought I read a random comment on a "big patch" happening?

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Did they ever address the bigger issues with the game's balancing and SBMM? Are people disappointed in Vacant? I dont really care for Shipment.

They are just dead set on how the game is then? I thought I read a random comment on a "big patch" happening?

no comment about SBMM or anything, and the big patch was just a nonsense bullshit click bait video/tweet from the gaming revolution, yes he's been correct with some leaks but he's also full of shit and has a massively inflated ego.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019

Spawns always improve after launch and this game is no different. Shipment is always going to be a mess though.

Footsteps are not getting changed, and I'm happy about that.

The game is being refined in little ways and there are quite a few maps now, but it's definitely not going to be radically overhauled. They made the game they wanted to make and it seems very popular.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So did Niko just vanish out of the shop? I was thinking of getting his bundle especially since he comes with the cool AR with the blue tracer rounds but nothing.... he just vanished lol

cake

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a known issue with Spec Ops pack 2 on xbox? I installed everything when I first got the game, then when clicking on Spec Ops it says I'm "missing one or more spec ops dlc packs". That brings me to the store page for Pack 2 which didn't let me select Download (I ended up selecting Add To Cart and "purchasing" it), but the store page shows Error when trying to download and the Queue menu keeps pausing the menu without having done anything (it's stuck at 0.00 B and stopped).

Edit: turned it on yesterday morning and it was downloaded, so dunno what was happening or why it resolved.

Last edited:

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I now have all camos except Combat Knife and Riot Shield. The kills while injured challenge for these is going to make me rip my controller in half.

Naru

May 11, 2019
There is no map voting etc yet 90% of my playtime are on the same 3 maps... and for whatever reason every console lobby is 80% a camp fest.

Also why does it say "Free Bundle" if there is no free bundle?!

Last edited:

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I now have all camos except Combat Knife and Riot Shield. The kills while injured challenge for these is going to make me rip my controller in half.
A video I saw said to use hardcore mode and the firework grenades.

Every time you respawn, damage yourself for two ticks on the grenade and then run and try and get kills.

I'm sure it's still a pain even then, but just wanted to post this in case you hadn't tried it.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
There is no map voting etc yet 90% of my playtime are on the same 3 maps... and for whatever reason every console lobby is 80% a camp fest.

Also why does it say "Free Bundle" if there is no free bundle?!
What mode are you playing? I only set the playlist to team death match modes and I see about a dozen maps.

Also, the store tab is confusing. You can navigate two ways and see different things. The d-pad moves you across the bottom tiles, and the bumper buttons flip the top images.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Why do I get put with level 130+ players when I'm only 37? Is there no balanced matchmaking in this game? It's insane.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Picked up the season pass and got back into this in earnest yesterday. Been watching a lot of Tarkov vids lately and was thinking it'd be kind of cool if there was some kind of Tarkov-lite mode in this game, but it'd probably be a lot of work.