• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure but the Tiers might be easier this time. there is a 10% XP boost that lasts the entire season and you get it for owning the BP. also, now there are weekly challenges with 50K extra exp to earn.

I ended up doing it. Still would rather not grind as much regardless.

But... holy shit did they revert the 725? It feels like it's back to launch.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I finally got everything downloaded and now the system is saying I don't have the Multiplayer Pack 2. No problem, I can go download it from the PSN Store...

except it's not in the store lol. Worst part is there's already a thread on reddit with multiple other people dealing with it as well. Smh

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance either of you haven't played in some time? If I had to guess, the problem lies with all of us not getting prompted to DL the MP Pack 2. We can get the Spec Ops Pack 2 fine, but not the MP one. I believe Multiplayer Pack 2 was a prompt/install after Patch 1.13 on the 22nd. I didn't update then. I updated today straight to 1.14 So yeah, wondering if there is some commonality there between us all. Since the Pack isn't available to download directly in the store, if the game isn't automatically sparking that DL for us like it did for SO Pack 2... then we are kinda just left waiting. Uninstalling and reinstalling this 140+GB game btw won't fix this problem, so save your Gigs.

In any case, they are aware and working on it...

That's exactly the case here so thank you for that update !

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I have the same issue with the greendot and calling cards. Also fuck the grind! I'm sick of it! Loving the game...now that I've stopped playing Rust.

-I'm starting to see people will coloured names in their [TAG]. Yellow, I'm guessing that's DLC and not hacks?
-Also is it just me or is the battlepass levelling up faster this time?

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This 400 SMG kills officer challenge tho. Lmao.

I have the same issue with the greendot and calling cards. Also fuck the grind! I'm sick of it! Loving the game...now that I've stopped playing Rust.

-I'm starting to see people will coloured names in their [TAG]. Yellow, I'm guessing that's DLC and not hacks?

Yeah, maybe its a placebo but I think the gain rate might be *slightly* tweaked up.

Exemplar

Dec 12, 2017
The spawns on Rust seem unfinished or buggy... So many times I've spawned immediately into someone ADSing and it sometimes feels like you can't find any cover at all.

At least with Shipment you know what you're getting.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
If they release the BR mode as a F2P thing I hope owners of MW can carry over their cosmetics. That would make the transition way smoother.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
If anyone is interested, I set up a Regiment for ResetEra. If you'd like to be invited, PM your Activision ID (including the # and numbers) or post it in this thread and I can send you an invite.

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018
I could have swore that was the case. I've played like 60+ hours of the MP and today was the first time I've ever seen PC players with M&K in my game.
As a .79 kd kbm player I end up playing with controllers pretty often. Only a small fraction of mouse users are actually any good, especially with how dominate aim assist is with controller users. The skill based match making will add in mouse users that are around your skill level.

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018

Ditto with the calling card issue and I suspect that you are seeing the new Regiment system, haven't tried that yet myself. There's a menu in the game now where you can organize a clan, with invites and whatnot.

Naru

May 11, 2019
That ghost mask is no bueno
Ugly as hell. Reminds me of Leatherface:

The-Texas-Chainsaw-Massac-006.jpg

I feel like theres no reason the spawns on rust should be this terrible.
They're trying to show us that the spawns on Shipment weren't that bad after all... /s

Was anyone able to play the new Superstore map? How is it? It hasn't come up in any of the games I have played sadly. They really need to make a playlist for it.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Jesus, they need to iron out the performance on Rust. As soon as you get to the second floor or higher, the framerate starts choking, at least on PS4 Pro.

Delighted that Akimbo is back, although I maintain that my idea was way cooler (and more balanced!) Hip spread isn't that bad with a laser, but it grows rapidly with rapid fire. You also can't super sprint, and you're stuck with low reserves unless you pack jumbo magazines (probably sensible given that your mobility is already crippled) or scavenger (also sensible, given that double-time's main benefit is useless with akimbo). Long reloads too, with no way to equip sleight of hand. So it's definitely got its downsides, but without being worthless. Dunno if there are hidden stat changes to range or anything like that.

do any of the six weapon stats effect weapon sway, maybe control?

The stat bars are just symbolic, and each combines several separate stats. Better to look at attachment descriptions, then the +'s and -'s, then maybe the bars to see the degree of change if there is another like option.

Was anyone able to play the new Superstore map? How is it? It hasn't come up in any of the games I have played sadly. They really need to make a playlist for it.

Only one game, but my impression was not great. Visually quite dim and cluttered, structurally perforated with senselessly placed alcoves. Spacious for 6v6.

This was TDM, though. Maybe it's better with an objective.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So encountering a weird bug this morning - everything is blurry as hell lol. All the environments blurry as anything, can't see anything really. But the UI is perfectly clear..... I'm updating my graphics drivers as haven't done it in ages but seems it might be render resolution has reset potentially...

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The killchain thing is really annoying. It's already too easy to get the chopper gunner with the CM -> VTOL -> CG Killchain combo. Now it's going to be piss-easy. It's going to be like the old games with killstreaks all over the sky and those fucking 'airspace too crowded' messages.

On the keyboard vs controller thing I thought you could choose whether to play against other control types? So most controller players opted out.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol that mission image
EQieu7JWsAA7s1g

Why must this skin continue to evade me?

Crazy to me that they have loads of skins like this just hanging out in the files for nearly 4 months now

Last edited:

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I am going against the people in here and will say I like the Ghost redesign. Never was that much into the shades + skull blaclava look.

Naru

May 11, 2019
The killchain thing is really annoying. It's already too easy to get the chopper gunner with the CM -> VTOL -> CG Killchain combo. Now it's going to be piss-easy. It's going to be like the old games with killstreaks all over the sky and those fucking 'airspace too crowded' messages.
You already can notice the change. There is already a huge increase in killstreaks constantly in the air. I liked how it was previously since you didn't get blasted by a jet or helicopter constantly.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You already can notice the change. There is already a huge increase in killstreaks constantly in the air. I liked how it was previously since you didn't get blasted by a jet or helicopter constantly.

I'm intrigued by the thought process here. They surely must have known that would happen, that's why they had killchain and hardline in the same perk tree to begin with. Maybe they thought Ghost and Overkill was OP somehow?

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I'm intrigued by the thought process here. They surely must have known that would happen, that's why they had killchain and hardline in the same perk tree to begin with. Maybe they thought Ghost and Overkill was OP somehow?

Well it definitely was. Having Overkill and EOD became pretty much crutch perks. Overkill was especially bad when that shotgun was OP as hell.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought that to begin with but the pistols are good enough that you don't really need a second primary. I mean a shotgun is better in close quarters but you lose the movement speed of the pistol and the opportunity cost of another perk. imo.

Anyway, it's not as OP as a four-kill lead-in to a cruise missile/VTOL/Chopper Gunner massacre.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I thought that to begin with but the pistols are good enough that you don't really need a second primary. I mean a shotgun is better in close quarters but you lose the movement speed of the pistol and the opportunity cost of another perk. imo.

Anyway, it's not as OP as a four-kill lead-in to a cruise missile/VTOL/Chopper Gunner massacre.

Overkill wasn't necessarily OP, but the competition with other perks was not high enough. I always saw ton of Sniper/AR, AR/Shotgun peoppe running around with Overkill. I prefer EOD, but definitely also had a AR/Shotty class as a backup.

For those who don't know yet, you can still get the Season 1 weapons by completing their respective challenges.

Proof:

That is great. I like this solution a lot.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah. I got like...4-5 Gunships yesterday where as previously the entire last season I got maybe like 1 or 2 the entire season. I feel like they have to roll this back. It's too nuts and just encourages people to run those two perks constantly because why wouldn't you?

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is overkill in the ghost class now?

i think it will ruin my sniper class as I have overkill in perk 1 with ghost and run the mp7 as secondary

They also mixed up the menu here lol because the perks don't match the text

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Akimbo Snakeshot 357s here I fucking come

You can get akimbo for all handguns by completing a challenge.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yeah. I got like...4-5 Gunships yesterday where as previously the entire last season I got maybe like 1 or 2 the entire season. I feel like they have to roll this back. It's too nuts and just encourages people to run those two perks constantly because why wouldn't you?

I need to try that when I get home today. Sounds bonkers.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, the last emblem for completing all of the officer challenges is animated, that's neat. Glad I finished those off then

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
So encountering a weird bug this morning - everything is blurry as hell lol. All the environments blurry as anything, can't see anything really. But the UI is perfectly clear..... I'm updating my graphics drivers as haven't done it in ages but seems it might be render resolution has reset potentially...

Yeah, for whatever reason render resolution has reset to a super low value for me twice since the update, not a hard fix but kinda weird.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I also ran into the superstore once.... it's big. And the groundwar map with the broken airplanes....is ... okay I guess.

TBH, I know it's early but I'm not that impressed with the new maps, especially after getting Crash last time. I hope they're a lot better next month.

Yeah, for whatever reason render resolution has reset to a super low value for me twice since the update, not a hard fix but kinda weird.
Yup render resolution was super low, put it back to 100% and its fine again lol. Stupid game!

This happened to me too, also twice.

Shame as some people would have no idea how to fix it (as I ran into in realism groundwar, complaining).

Last edited:

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
So I don't know if its a placebo effect or anything, but I've felt my battle pass progression is a little bit faster this time around.

Took me few matches to get from level 20 to 22.

Anyone else felt that?

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
So I don't know if its a placebo effect or anything, but I've felt my battle pass progression is a little bit faster this time around.

Took me few matches to get from level 20 to 22.

Anyone else felt that?

I played 3 games of Search and Destroy and a full Ground War match and didn't get a full BP level. I have no idea why it's so slow for me but I'm basically never going to get past tier 30 if 1.5-2 hours of play time can't get me a level. There's no way I'll play 200 hours of this in 56 days.