• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
So I don't know if its a placebo effect or anything, but I've felt my battle pass progression is a little bit faster this time around.

Took me few matches to get from level 20 to 22.

Anyone else felt that?

It is stated that if you buy the pass you earn 10% faster progression vs those who do not.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is stated that if you buy the pass you earn 10% faster progression vs those who do not.

really? Funnily enough i didn't buy S1 and just yesterday I was thinking that I wonder if when I buy S2 progression will be quicker because they would implement a system where it's quicker for people who buy the pass.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
really? Funnily enough i didn't buy S1 and just yesterday I was thinking that I wonder if when I buy S2 progression will be quicker because they would implement a system where it's quicker for people who buy the pass.

It wasn't that way in season 1, but implemented in season 2. I'm sure its to avoid the "lets see how far I can go before I buy it" person and encourage purchase up front prior to knowing how much time a player would have to dedicate to the current season.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does it really matter if you don't 'finish' the BP in time. It's all worthless shit anyway. Don't get me wrong, I'm signed up and I like the drops but I can't say I cried my eyes out when I didn't get to the end of Season One. I just like the sense of progression and the feedback loop

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does it really matter if you don't 'finish' the BP in time. It's all worthless shit anyway. Don't get me wrong, I'm signed up and I like the drops but I can't say I cried my eyes out when I didn't get to the end of Season One. I just like the sense of progression and the feedback loop

Some of the last tiers had some cool shit. The Emblem from the level 100 mission is the best in the game. The Ram 7 variant at 99 is clean as hell looking.

Nothing you have to have but it's some pretty legit stuff.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of the last tiers had some cool shit. The Emblem from the level 100 mission is the best in the game. The Ram 7 variant at 99 is clean as hell looking.

Nothing you have to have but it's some pretty legit stuff.

I suppose. I do like the sound of those things but they are so ephemeral I can't really muster up any regret that I didn't get them, as much as I would have enjoyed using them (for about ten minutes).

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
There's more issues with the servers since S02 started. Games just dropping connection and needing a restart, sometimes after lagging a bunch.
I'm hardwired via ethernet and no issue with my connection.

So I don't know if its a placebo effect or anything, but I've felt my battle pass progression is a little bit faster this time around.

Anyone else felt that?

Yep, it seems to be ranking up quite fast, and it doesn't hang on the screen as much when it shows you the rewards at the end of the match...though I don't understand why they added commendations thing at the end...completely pointless. What do I do with all this sixth sense :S

Is overkill in the ghost class now?

i think it will ruin my sniper class as I have overkill in perk 1 with ghost and run the mp7 as secondary
Yep, I think it's the right call though.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Yeah. I got like...4-5 Gunships yesterday where as previously the entire last season I got maybe like 1 or 2 the entire season. I feel like they have to roll this back. It's too nuts and just encourages people to run those two perks constantly because why wouldn't you?
Yeah same, if someone like me can get constant Killstreaks that is messed up. If someone is really good then that is fine but it almost feels like "welfare killstreaks" at the moment lol It's like constant VTOLs in the air now...

Anyone else felt that?
Has to do with the permanent XP boost you get when you buy the BP. It's +10% I believe. I am trying to find a reason to buy the new pass since it's fun to unlock stuff but I can't find one. The stuff you unlock feels so underwhelming.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get the one with the skips this time. Unsure if I'll even make it to 15 let alone 30, but whatever.

Those these challenges are kinda dumb. Why is it get 5 kills with X equipped over 5-25 number of games rather than just get 25-50 kills with X equipped?

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

i want Ghost season 100 reward skin so yes it matters to me this season.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Can anyone tell me why after a match the winning team often times has only 4 people compared to the full enemy team with 6? This happened multiple times today where we would win but the screen showed only 4 people on our side. Did they quit and never got replaced but surely we didn't win with just 4 people?

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'll happily try out Warzone but I can't imagine ever getting anywhere close to winning. Hopefully the looting will be satisfying (if that's how COD BR's work).

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty obnoxious they aren't unlocking this nuke calling card retroactively, especially after saying that they would - I've gotten a few and can get another, but it's annoying that I need to

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Has Modern Warfare really updated 10 times since this morning or is that a weird bug

Can anyone tell me why after a match the winning team often times has only 4 people compared to the full enemy team with 6? This happened multiple times today where we would win but the screen showed only 4 people on our side. Did they quit and never got replaced but surely we didn't win with just 4 people?

What mode? I know that Cyber Attack doesn't add new people after a certain point, so if your team loses people you're down for the last few rounds

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
My God you guys were right about "everyone was Ghost".

It's a good-looking skin, but it seems like half the coalition team is using it.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't that way in season 1, but implemented in season 2. I'm sure its to avoid the "lets see how far I can go before I buy it" person and encourage purchase up front prior to knowing how much time a player would have to dedicate to the current season.

got a source for that? I'd love to read how they announced that lol

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
My God you guys were right about "everyone was Ghost".

It's a good-looking skin, but it seems like half the coalition team is using it.

I mean, for everyone who just bought the battle pass it's probably the coolest skin they have right now. That's why I'm using him. Hopefully I'll advance the BP enough that I'll unlock some of the other cool styles in there.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Ok, I bought the Battle Pass with the 20 tier skip yesterday, because I had about 70 hours of fun in season 1. But there's no way I'm gonna play this snooze-fest without a Shipment or Shoothouse 24/7 playlist. Going 58 - 65 or something like that in a domination or hardpoint match is so much more fun than a timed out kill confirmed with 15 - 8 because everybody is camping thei ass off.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I bought the Battle Pass with the 20 tier skip yesterday, because I had about 70 hours of fun in season 1. But there's no way I'm gonna play this snooze-fest without a Shipment or Shoothouse 24/7 playlist. Going 58 - 65 or something like that in a domination or hardpoint match is so much more fun than a timed out kill confirmed with 15 - 8 because everybody is camping thei ass off.

That is one of my problems with MW. The regular maps are just so slow, campy and boring. I don't play CoD for the slow burn. I'll stick to Battle Royales if I want to shoot someone every 5 minutes.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
That is one of my problems with MW. The regular maps are just so slow, campy and boring. I don't play CoD for the slow burn. I'll stick to Battle Royales if I want to shoot someone every 5 minutes.

Yeah... Unfortunately I totally forgot how boring the regular maps are. I just grinded Shipment and Shoothouse the entire season 1. Hope one of those two returns next week.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I am not sure how anyone can call playing on Rust boring. There are so many angles to watch. I like it more that Shipment. I am not getting Shipment kill numbers yet but 35-kills a match seems to be reasonable for me. And dying the same amount. I like it.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I think Rust is the best way to level up guns at the moment. It's basically like a slightly stretched out version of shipment with more angles. Not in terms of actual design but the feel of it. Anger. It's probably just the spawn killing.

I couldn't stay away from the grind. No one is using personal radars so these launcher camos aren't progressing much for me, but at least I finished the PILA, almost the Jokr too.

Last edited:

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, for everyone who just bought the battle pass it's probably the coolest skin they have right now. That's why I'm using him. Hopefully I'll advance the BP enough that I'll unlock some of the other cool styles in there.

and everyone just unlocked him, and he has the operator tasks to do, so people are just probably unlocking the rest of the skins etc. for Ghost first. Then will see if they keep playing as Ghost.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
the BR is all but released and Activision/IW have not promoted or even announced it yet. why?

APEX Legends saw so much success with this strategy that more and more companies are going to adopt the strategy. F2P games also don't necessarily need the pre-release promotion of a paid title because anyone can just download it and give it a try, so you're almost better off not allowing any pre-conceived notions to form and just let the game release and speak for itself.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
the BR is all but released and Activision/IW have not promoted or even announced it yet. why?

They just pushed out the big update, it´s to stretch out content over a wider timeframe and to stay in the news longer. If they would push everything out day-1, people would ask for more content next week already :D

Now we get to talk about the new maps, new guns, akimbo pistols and rebalancing first, BR will be the next topic to talk about :D

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rust is the worst kind of clusterfuck. It has no flow and you take shots from everywhere. At least Shoot House has flow.

They need to bring back Shoot House 24/7 and get whomever was the lead designer on that map to make a few more like it.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
So weird question - I'm considering getting the game, but the install size is terrifying from what I've been reading (operating with a 1 TB monthly cap).

What's the difference between physical and digital file download sizes? Is it substantial enough to go with physical?

Oct 25, 2017
Crash, Shipment and now Rust have just destroyed any of my faith I had in IW.
Im amazed Vacant is as playable as it is, though in that case they absolutely destroyed its aesthetic and atmosphere.

The spawn system is ruining this game,
The core maps mostly suck but at the absolute least they were designed with the shitty spawns in mind

Rust and Shipment have always been clusterfucks but they were manageable, you can't do shit when you spawn and get shot from 5 different directions at once.
Never had someone spawn a foot behind me on Rust until this stupid game.

On Shipment you can spawn in a shipping container but if you literally take one step forward it can start throwing enemies right there a foot behind you, its dumb a hell.
take one step back from that spawn and just continuously shoot enemies in the back as they spawn in.

Last edited:

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to picking this back up. Skipped all of season 1 but I'm excited to play on some new maps as long as they're not gimmick maps like Shipment, Rust, etc.