• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With obvious filter options I have no clue why people still pick objective modes if they aren't going to play the fucking objectives. Good god is it frustrating having a bunch of teammates who are not even trying.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I like both new maps.

what do people think of the Gray? So far I am not impressed the fire rate seems a bit too slow to compete with the M4 or the Ram7

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I missed it until now but they've added a perk to dual wield pistols!

Ran into someone on groundwar with a pair, and obsidian skin. Was clearing out the new pistol mission - part 5 is 30 kills with the deagle in ground ops - real easy in groundwar realism, just take the elevator up to rooftops and clear them out. They're all looking down and oblivious to everything else going on.

Last edited:

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I started off hating Rust but in hardcore mode it's absolutely fantastic! So much fun, it's like 10x better than shipment. A few bullets and quickly move on to the next target, or even a single bullet with the FR 5.56. It takes too long in the regular mode - people see your bullets and will get you from some random corner, or they will find cover and survive. But in HC it's so much better. Loving it.

The spawns are shit sometimes - you need teammates in good positions. I really wish it would just take a second longer and put you somewhere safe. It can get real bad if there are multiple people up top and in the corners of the map when your team is getting dominated, and they're just sitting there watching spawns.

Ranking and levelling up so fast with Rust HC too, it was real slow without this compared to double xp shipment from last week. And I finally had a few amazing games for personal radar take downs! These launchers will be done in no time with a few more like those.

- I have noticed that it's repeating the same map like in the beginning of season 01...and I've had quite a few server dropped connection or laggy games, hardly had any in S01. Maybe like handful in the whole two months. I've had more just today and yesterday.

Last edited:

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Is ground war totally broken for anybody else on PC? I can play a single match and then after that the entire game lighting either completely breaks or the lighting + AA entirely breaks. Updating drivers and reinstalling shaders does nothing.

LtJ9ORX.png
U2Sga4a.png

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn a whole bunch of shit isn't tracking right for me. Not getting credit for like half my weekly challenges.

But I finished one that wanted me to use Yegor as my operator (and i didn't even use him)

Also I finished the first ribbon which was to resupply 15 people with ammunition box, without using ammunition box.

Like fuck me IW, how hard is it to get check boxes to track correctly. Dog shit patches for this game.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Damn a whole bunch of shit isn't tracking right for me. Not getting credit for like half my weekly challenges.

But I finished one that wanted me to use Yegor as my operator (and i didn't even use him)

Also I finished the first ribbon which was to resupply 15 people with ammunition box, without using ammunition box.

Like fuck me IW, how hard is it to get check boxes to track correctly. Dog shit patches for this game.

The ammunition thing is also happening to me. Yracking of challenges is completely borked I guess.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Took a bit of a hiatus from the game with Monster Hunter and other games coming out, but overall I'm really liking the state of the game is in right now. Gonna have to play more to get back in the groove though but after tonight I feel it coming back. Liking the perk changes. Need to work on getting some Akimbo action/unlocking. Can't wait for some BR with my friend though, been waiting for it to come for a long while.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I found it. Its in the game on batte pass list. It says it as an enticement to buy pass before you do it. Its labeled "Season 2 XP Boost" before 1st tier unlock.

I saw it last night when I played. I then recalled something similar for Fortnite, it's good I played for about an hour and went up 1.5 tiers after maybe 2/3 ground war games.

Is ground war totally broken for anybody else on PC? I can play a single match and then after that the entire game lighting either completely breaks or the lighting + AA entirely breaks. Updating drivers and reinstalling shaders does nothing.

I'm on xbox and I'm having texture loading issues, maps appear all distorted in the distance, makes sniping almost impossible until the textures have loaded in, was fine before the patch.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
I've had things like that happen before, but that was before this patch hit so it's not really anything new with this patch I believe. It's weird, randomly happens for seemingly no reason at all then next game was always fine for me at least.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I still legitimately believe there are mouse and keyboard players in pad servers. Just had a horrible match where there was a whole clan with some questionable ass sensitivity from the killcam. Absolute hot garbage people who do this and you should be ashamed of yourself.

I saw what I saw.

And how convenient of PSN to not be able to record parts of the match to back me up.

source.gif

WAIT WHAT THE FUCK, I'm level 1 now?

Naru

May 11, 2019
I have the same issue from the second picture. The pixelated outline on the gun. Apparently it's and AMD problem, meaning it affects only Vega and Radeon 7 cards. It's so fucking annoying. I have this since I started playing, people say it started around a December patch.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I have the same issue from the second picture. The pixelated outline on the gun. Apparently it's and AMD problem, meaning it affects only Vega and Radeon 7 cards. It's so fucking annoying. I have this since I started playing, people say it started around a December patch.
If it makes you feel better I'm using a RTX 2060. This used to happen on and off since launch but after season 2 dropped it's literally after every single match that I play. Really annoying to have to restart the game after every single match.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't look at player names last night but I was watching Dr Disrespect and players now had the PS/Xbox symbols next to their names, has that changed for everyone else now?

Naru

May 11, 2019
If it makes you feel better I'm using a RTX 2060. This used to happen on and off since launch but after season 2 dropped it's literally after every single match that I play. Really annoying to have to restart the game after every single match.
It never goes away for me though... it's always there. It's not as extreme as in your picture though. Looks like this:

Zuy8BV4.png

lol, those were the days.

I didnt mean the button prompts, but this:

2yOD4wC.jpg

the icons that show PS and pads and mice next to players names
Wait, those have always been there for me. You could always see in the lobby who is on PC or Controller or Xbox/PS4.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think that's just how it looks on PC. On console you see the logo of the console you are using against player names and a generic console symbol for players from the 'other side'.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It never goes away for me though... it's always there. It's not as extreme as in your picture though. Looks like this:

Zuy8BV4.png

Wait, those have always been there for me. You could always see in the lobby who is on PC or Controller or Xbox/PS4.

it changed on console to just being a generic looking machine, no symbols for platforms, only shows an xbox symbol if they are on xbox, so in the image below I'm the only xbox player in the lobby lol

this is what I get, and I didn't really notice last night as I was always busy during the lobby

iUypawX.jpg

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Bizarre how all of that worked out. I had a daily challenge to get LMG kills, and it's one of the weekly challenges too. I got the daily done but the weekly didn't register a single kill.

Ribbon of Honor 36: Call in 7 Emergency Airdrops killstreaks

...FML

I expected the killstreak ribbons to become way more intense now that they've added the kill chain/hardline combo

May 12, 2019

Having the same issue on an RTX 2060, seems to happen on Ground Wars maps only. Besides the weird pixelation, all of the interior lighting looks almost fullbright. Seems like shadowmaps are disabled to some extent in Ground War at the moment.

I hope to god this isn't an optimization for the BR mode.

Metfanant

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it impossible for IW to figure out how to make missions/challenges track correctly? Within my group of friends there is almost always one of us with daily challenges that don't track, or have not reset. Some of my new weekly challenges don't work, one completed without even doing it...

I try not to judge people too much, especially when they do a job that I wouldn't even know where to begin to do, but it really comes across as incompetence when simple parts of a game are so broken

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is it impossible for IW to figure out how to make missions/challenges track correctly? Within my group of friends there is almost always one of us with daily challenges that don't track, or have not reset. Some of my new weekly challenges don't work, one completed without even doing it...

I try not to judge people too much, especially when they do a job that I wouldn't even know where to begin to do, but it really comes across as incompetence when simple parts of a game are so broken

Bro I feel you on this at a spiritual level.

I've said this like four times in this thread, but I simply cannot understand how a company that has released the best selling games of like the last 5 years can't figure out how to program simple shit like a fucking UI.

Every god damn CoD has UI bugs and tracking issues and everything else.

In WW2 I literally had a piece of mail stuck in my mailbox FOR THE ENTIRE LIFE OF THE GAME.

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
I checked out the menus this morning as didn't have time to play the update, but I noticed it said I was rewarded a Epic gun blueprint for getting to 155. I couldn't remember what it was but...I couldn't find the new weapon variant anywhere? Is this a bug? What weapon was I supposed to get? I could just be not seeing it.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I checked out the menus this morning as didn't have time to play the update, but I noticed it said I was rewarded a Epic gun blueprint for getting to 155. I couldn't remember what it was but...I couldn't find the new weapon variant anywhere? Is this a bug? What weapon was I supposed to get? I could just be not seeing it.

Pretty sure that's a preview of the blueprint you'll get for reaching 155 this season.

Naru

May 11, 2019
There is no fucking reason for Rust to have such bad spawns. How fucking difficult is it to make it so people don't spawn next to or in front of enemies?!?! I had spawn-dead-spawn-dead 4 times in a row in the last game because it placed me at the same location in front of the whole team.

Oct 29, 2017
There is no fucking reason for Rust to have such bad spawns. How fucking difficult is it to make it so people don't spawn next to or in front of enemies?!?! I had spawn-dead-spawn-dead 4 times in a row in the last game because it placed me at the same location in front of the whole team.

Incompetent ass developers. There isnt much more to it. The spawns in this game are unbelievable

Even the visuals. Probably one of the blandest looking games I've ever seen. There isn't any atmosphere, any themes, just generic bullshit. I cant even see people on Rust half the time because of the sand blowing everywhere. So dumb.

I wish I could get a game with this gunplay that wasn't surrounded by absolute dogshit.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Incompetent ass developers. There isnt much more to it. The spawns in this game are unbelievable

Even the visuals. Probably one of the blandest looking games I've ever seen. There isn't any atmosphere, any themes, just generic bullshit. I cant even see people on Rust half the time because of the sand blowing everywhere. So dumb.

I wish I could get a game with this gunplay that wasn't surrounded by absolute dogshit.
Well the previous CoD were good in terms of visibility. Same with BF up to BF1. Then BFV and MW dropped and they have the same shit going on with the visibility. It's terrible. There is too much clutter and stuff.

Superstore is way too big for 6v6 and also uninteresting. Another bad map in my opinion.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
How is CODWW2 these days? I rented it a year ago and had a blast with the War mode. Was thinking about getting back into it. How are the maps and general gameplay balance?

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Was fine last night but I've been in Realism Ground War. Don't think that'd make much difference though.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Wild how challenges still don't seem to track properly, this far from launch. Weekly challenges for LMG kills, molotov kills, and UAVs called in just don't track.