• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
How is CODWW2 these days? I rented it a year ago and had a blast with the War mode. Was thinking about getting back into it. How are the maps and general gameplay balance?

on consoles of PC? I hear its dead on PC these days but I still play the PS4 version a bit because I'm addicted to trying to unlock everything FML. I play Team Deathmatch and Domination and have no problem finding games but not sure if War is any different though

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Are they ever gonna nerf the MP5-M4 because everyone still has them and the nerfs have done jackshit. And the new guns are somehow worse.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are they ever gonna nerf the MP5-M4 because everyone still has them and the nerfs have done jackshit. And the new guns are somehow worse.

I doubt they will nerf them much more. Honestly with the right attachments almost every SMG is super strong. The MP5 is the leader but not by much. The Bison does great damage, fires fast and has a gigantic clip. I mow fuckers down with that thing on small maps as I never have to reload!

The M4 is nowhere near as OP as it was near the launch of the game, and you will notice a lot of the pros have switched to the MP5 even in CDL.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
Wild how challenges still don't seem to track properly, this far from launch. Weekly challenges for LMG kills, molotov kills, and UAVs called in just don't track.

What I've been doing is restarting the game every once in a while or after every Daily/Weekly/Challenge I finish. It seems to be working for me as nothing has been stuck so far apart from the LMG kills being stuck for one round before I rebooted.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I haven't played this since like the first couple of weeks at launch. I stopped playing because a lot of the default maps were ass plus crazy camping and balance issues, but how is the game now? How many added maps and are they good? Did the balance the game better? Is camping still a major issue?

Oct 25, 2017
"Your loot finding skills are remarkable"
What a way to instantly hammer in that the new voice is horrendous compared to the old one.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
I have that damn green box flashing under barracks/calling cards but there is nothing unlocked. It annoys me...is it a bug?

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I do find it bizarre that--in response to Ghost's somewhat dumbfounding Boba Fett esque popularity--they finally bring him back... with a completely different voice and look. They kept SAS, enigmatic, and skull mask, but the rest might as well be a new character.

Maybe it's an experiment to see if more fans resonated with the skeleman imagery, or with the actual, fairly thin characterization of totally-not-just-Gaz-again.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised they don't have more characters from the single-player as skins in the multiplayer.

Also I would prefer akimbo shotties

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I can't believe how fucked up Rust is. I just had a match of hardpoint that my team won 56 - 27. That's just crazy.

Last edited:

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
How is the battle pass for season 2 so far? Is it faster to level up? It felt like it took me forever to get levels in season 1.

Also, did I hear something about if you buy the battle pass before you unlock the first tier, you get a boost that lasts the entire season?

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is the battle pass for season 2 so far? Is it faster to level up? It felt like it took me forever to get levels in season 1.

Also, did I hear something about if you buy the battle pass before you unlock the first tier, you get a boost that lasts the entire season?

I see everyone talking about how it's faster but as someone who did all 100 tiers of the BP1 without buying any it feels basically the exact same to me. Maybe a touch faster, but if so, not by much.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I feel like it's more than just 10% faster....like it takes into account how well you are doing in the games this time maybe. Or maybe it's completing challenges that speeds it up...I'm not 100%.

Also...the 10% xp boost...is called an XP boost, not a BP tier boost...

I'll start tracking it, last time I feel like it was about 1 hour per tier.

Last edited:

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

I'm pretty sure the 10% XP boost is just for level XP, not for the battle pass.

I don't even know how the BP progress is tracked, there are no numbers, just a growing bar.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I don't even know how the BP progress is tracked, there are no numbers, just a growing bar.

It seems to be mostly time based (aka you played an hour, here is a level), but it may also account for score and win/loss.

No one has nailed it down and IW has given us exactly zero information on the subject.

I take that back, I think at one point that playing, getting xp and doing challenges advance it.

FullMetalTech

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, New York
Man I'm sorry but I think you are suffering from placebo affect.

I played 2 hours last night and just barely squeezed out 3 tiers. That's pretty much on par for what I was doing in S1.
Could be. I think its also like you said on how well you do on matches for sure and the xp for the ribbons. Im just grinding Rust and that seems to have boosted me quite ahead on the pass.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I can BARELY hear any footsteps when I'm using speakers, with headphones it's okay.

--finally platinumed launchers. No more ignoring the action to hunt down personal radars lol. God. It was quite fun with the strela though as there's no lock-on and a bit of a drop to the rocket. I wouldn't bother going for UAVs without a lockon.

And just levelling up a single assault rifle now takes longer than golding about 3 guns last week with doublexp and shipment. I've been doing the new challenges though...not excited about having to go into spec ops for one of them...might leave that till they improve it.

Last edited:

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017

Tier gains when finishing the Weekly 10,000 XP challenges were definitely higher for me yesterday. they're tied to XP in some form or another.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is something darkly hilarious about the announcer proclaiming: "Friendly White Phosphorus on the way!"

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
I had a couple of quick games this morning (up at 5, doh) and had someone on our team with the changed gamertag to red.... was pretty off putting, I really do hope they patch that quick as it's really going to spread this weekend I feel.

ShutterMunster - not really your bag I know, but any comment from anyone? Thanks.

Ah, just found it on the trello board, I assume that's what is meant by 'Regiments appreading Blue and Red'. and Reddit.

Also, it's really hard to keep track of who's, who that communicates with the audience from IW. Paul Haile has sort of 'come out of nowhere' - first it was Ashton, then a bit of Joe, along with David and then Joel came all guns blazing.. Now Paul has stepped up to the plate. If I want to find, the most up to date comments from someone on the game, it feels I need to look through everyone's twitter. (I know I should relax a little) but honestly guys/girls, lets try and have one 'community manager' rather than everyone trying to help out.

Last edited:

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What I like most about this battle pass is that Golem and Zane have unlockable skins, giving me access to their operator, which means I can continue to never touch the co-op.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What I like most about this battle pass is that Golem and Zane have unlockable skins, giving me access to their operator, which means I can continue to never touch the co-op.

Wait what, that gives you access to the operators? I've been trying to do Operation Paladin to get Zane for a while but never have a team competent enough to not die on the crate defences............

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I'm waiting on a PC upgrade to play the campaign at very high settings and decent fps so waiting for the battlepass to unlock operators has been a good way to do their missions.

Just sucks that they added a mission for spec ops without also improving it. Maybe there's someone out there who enjoys it.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
Well I do like the fact that they rearranged the perk slots so all the good ones are not in the second slot. There are more kill streaks of course but with Ghost and coldblooded I don't think they are a major problem.

Have to say I am pretty disappointed in the "new" maps. I was excited when I saw the terminal cut scene only to realize it isn't in the game but yet another small map that is zero fun to play is.

Still undecided about the warehouse map though as I only have seen it once.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Who actually wanted Rust back? I mean it's better than shipment i guess, so there's that, but plenty of other good maps to bring back first.

And the new warehouse/store map is trash. Devs still have no idea how to create a map with a good flow. If they're going to attempt to create new maps, maybe have someone from Treyarch give them a hand.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Played Realism Ground War for the first time. In all three games everyone had around 15ish kills and every single time there was one guy that had 4 times the amount of kills with 60+. Just this one guy...

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
And the new warehouse/store map is trash. Devs still have no idea how to create a map with a good flow. If they're going to attempt to create new maps, maybe have someone from Treyarch give them a hand.

It works really well on SND. It's like Piccadilly in that regard, absolutely awful in any game mode other than SND.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
It works really well on SND. It's like Piccadilly in that regard, absolutely awful in any game mode other than SND.
I had a good time with it last night as a Domination map. The B Flag has some good routes to it, that either side defending needs to contend with. And the 2nd story window from the A side looking down on B creates for some fun moments. The A and C flags are kind of whatever though.

Metfanant

Oct 27, 2017
Ok...so half my weekly challenges are busted, however...now my rank resets to 1 every day and I rank all the way up after playing a game...HOWEVER...

After I do level up...my career rank is permanently broken...I was a 144 the season 0...155 season 1...and I'm a 64 now I'm season 2

But my career rank resets to 180 and all the ribbons I unlocked from the first two seasons are locked again...

Why can't they get this shit right?!

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017

Good point, I sometimes forget i only really play domination. It has always been my favorite mode and Treyarch seems to the the only dev capable of delivering maps that seem to work really well for it. (plus other modes)

I suppose if i gave search and destroy a shot i'd probably be okay with more of the maps overall.

Metfanant

Oct 27, 2017
Now they have pushed some kind server side update that has fubar'd my shit. I'm in an "update requires restart" loop