• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Yeah it was real buggy earlier for my friend and I. Was getting random horrible lag too in 2 of our matches, almost like our opponents were lag switching, but neither teams pings were changing, so idk what that was about.

We got to the finals and same thing happened with us being stuck in the ending screen / the penalty thing but we lost by 1 and didn't even see anything for XP.

We ran it back later and it was fine but it showed we only got the blueprint and XP, but it ended up giving us the charm / calling card in the end.

I had a few of those matches too, I played the tournament like 4 times (it's nice that it's not a one-off, and I hope they keep it up, it was a lot of fun and worth the stress of gunfight). A few times the enemy wasn't even looking at me on my screen when I died, like literally to the side, or jumping in the air. I swear the netcode isn't as good with cross-network play. At least, I hope that's what it is. Things felt a bit tighter last season too imo.

Also the blueprint for winning was pretty garbage, low effort design. Still, something is better than nothing and at least it was for an mp7, which I was using a tonne of before chasing camo unlocks.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I didn't play old COD, so I was hyped to see why Rust is so loved by the community. Turns out it's Shipment but with sand. I kinda love the chaos and awful spawns. Perfect for a bit of no guilt crass play, after 4 or 5 run and gun matches.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just hot garbage

ufQXS3y.gif

on PS4 btw.
Here is your regular reminder, that replays are not necessarily a hinder percent correct representation of what happened .

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I don't get it, looks okay to me. Maybe just clipped your back, it was a fast swing shot.

- I pulled the frame that had the faint red impact mark and the one just before it:

7bbjlDT.png

4wqZsAT.png

There's probably a frame in between those two where it connects more obviously (the gif is 30fps). So you'd be a little bit further back than is shown in the second frame (while his swing stopped very soon after the shot). It's a bit close to call with the gif. With a 60fps recording we could probably nail it down. I wouldn't call that hot garbage though, even though it might feel like it with your camera being further ahead than your back when running.

First frame in the gif, which is your view not the replay - cross is the enemy's position, which otherwise isn't that clear:

andsJZ3.png

You may have been actually hit just before this as well.

-On a side note these battle pass levels are going up so fast. Absolutely demolishes the speed of last season. I think it's counting the double xp. I'm getting around 15K xp per match! I expect the double xp runs out at 6pm (GMT). -- Nope, still active!

Fucks sake, the new daily is 30 launcher kills -__- this will be fun.

Last edited:

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
In case anyone was wondering why they did the kill streak chain perk change, it was for me because they saw I couldn't get more than like three kills in a row ever and took pity on me. I finally got to drop some white phosphorus today and it felt like the craziest shit ever.

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Came here to complain about the changing of the player text color. WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it, looks okay to me. Maybe just clipped your back, it was a fast swing shot.

- I pulled the frame that had the faint red impact mark and the one just before it:

7bbjlDT.png

4wqZsAT.png

There's probably a frame in between those two where it connects more obviously (the gif is 30fps). So you'd be a little bit further back than is shown in the second frame (while his swing stopped very soon after the shot). It's a bit close to call with the gif. With a 60fps recording we could probably nail it down. I wouldn't call that hot garbage though, even though it might feel like it with your camera being further ahead than your back when running.

First frame in the gif, which is your view not the replay - cross is the enemy's position, which otherwise isn't that clear:

andsJZ3.png

You may have been actually hit just before this as well.

-On a side note these battle pass levels are going up so fast. Absolutely demolishes the speed of last season. I think it's counting the double xp. I'm getting around 15K xp per match! I expect the double xp runs out at 6pm (GMT). -- Nope, still active!

Fucks sake, the new daily is 30 launcher kills -__- this will be fun.

Back.....and to the left......back......and to the left

I meant hot garbage in a broad term. Like why me and fuckin how?! I'm still fuckin mad.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
^ It's a good shot yeah, I saw a worse one on reddit:

With how bad the respawns on Rust can be, I haven't even been sweating the deaths tbh. Although it can be very frustrating but I just assume I got killed because someone respawned where I had just checked :P Which has happened a bunch.

I might start playing more S&D...but just a few more guns to level up with this double xp. Actually, just two left. The new assault and the ram.

I hope they're prioritising fixing the name tag bug as it is real annoying. Please improve respawns too :( They need to at least put you closely behind cover tbh.

Thank you.

- So I can get around 15K a map...but then you complete a challenge too and it hits 20-35k xp after a match! Then the battlepass progress bar moves a whole bunch.

-It's not even the challenges, this was 'just' 54 kills:

SAMJ0lU.png

Last edited:

Naru

May 11, 2019
Did IW explain why the spawns are so bad? Are they planning on fixing them? It isn't just Rust and Shipment, it's on all maps. You just notice it more on Rust and Shipment because they are so small.

Oct 25, 2017
Did IW explain why the spawns are so bad? Are they planning on fixing them? It isn't just Rust and Shipment, it's on all maps. You just notice it more on Rust and Shipment because they are so small.
Its Call of Duty, never expect spawns to improve.
Black Ops 5's will be so bad we forget how bad these were and that will repeat in 2021.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
BO4 had enormous spawn areas. I stuck mostly to round-based and moving-objective modes like Control and Hardpoint, since in TDM and DOM it was incredibly easy to be trapped in your huge spawn area, unable to push out. It was embarrassingly bad.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I stumbled upon this video of a guy doing 1000 care packages and tracking the results. In case anyone wants to know how likely you are of getting what.

86256952_3223524797677692_2329563654028001280_o.jpg

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Soooo, now that the dust has settled.... is the Battle Pass worth it? Is the level boost significant with it?

Depends... personally I like the things in the BP and for me it's worth it. I'd say if you liked the S1 BP you'll also like S2 BP. You definitely feel that there is a 10% boost. Also you got the 10 weekly challenges which give additional 25000 XP.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I'm assuming I'm not the only person on PS4 with the disc version of the game who is getting this weird "copying disc" message each time I start the game? This started happening after the previous update.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Soooo, now that the dust has settled.... is the Battle Pass worth it? Is the level boost significant with it?

For me, I plan on getting to 100 so it will pay for the next Battle Pass. As long as I keep doing that if they do the same thing with the next iteration I don't ever have to actually spend money on another Call of Duty outside buying it. But I don't know if I will get it for season 3... depends on what they add. I am sick of them adding terrible maps. Old maps they add are trash and then that new store map is also trash. It is nuts.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm assuming I'm not the only person on PS4 with the disc version of the game who is getting this weird "copying disc" message each time I start the game? This started happening after the previous update.

I got it this morning, after having to do a full reinstall thanks to the update requires restarting bug last night.

Deleted member 10314

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really like the store map.
It's a good map, I just found it a pain playing domination. It was only really myself playing the objective, but it felt like it was miles away while I was constantly running between A and C to recapture the point. Plus I was rarely running into people on my travels doing it, so it felt like running simulator.

Naru

May 11, 2019
It's a good map, I just found it a pain playing domination. It was only really myself playing the objective, but it felt like it was miles away while I was constantly running between A and C to recapture the point. Plus I was rarely running into people on my travels doing it, so it felt like running simulator.
I felt the same way. It's even worse in TDM since it's feels like your playing hide and seek.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Did they change the matchmaking? All of a sudden I'm being matched with players of similar level (50-90) not 130-150 as before when my level was 50-70. Im actually half decent now!

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Did they change the matchmaking? All of a sudden I'm being matched with players of similar level (50-90) not 130-150 as before when my level was 50-70. Im actually half decent now!
Player level is not a reflection of their skill, simply that they have played the game more than you. Of course map knowledge usually comes with the more time actually playing those maps. Everyone 's level was reset with the new season so there will be very few players approaching max level (yet).
Personally, I think this is the best COD in a long time.
I agree.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Naru

May 11, 2019
It's always the same with this game. I play for a while, everything is fine, I am feeling that I am doing ok, I am having fun. And then suddenly from one game to the next and without changing the loadout, it feels like my bullets don't register or that I am shooting rubber bullets. I am losing pretty much every gun fight. There is nothing that I can do. It's like I am doing less damage or the enemy is doing more or they see me earlier or the netcode is fucked or I am playing against super awesome bots (or players) or what the fuck. It totally ruins it for me. Or maybe I get just put in a lobby with people that are way beyond my skill level. I don't know. The reaction time in that games are way beyond me. I usually go 0.5 K/D or something like that in those games. It's like you get one shot at every corner.
When I have two or three games like that I usually end my MW game night since it's so fucking frustrating and it will most likely not change for the next few games. I have no idea what the fuck this is. Maybe it's SBMM having a laugh at you for 5 games, saying "oh come one now let someone else have all the fun..."

Deleted member 16136

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally downloaded that stupidly sized update, saw that tournament thing on it so gave it a whirl. Only went and won it, felt kinda good lol.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
It's always the same with this game. I play for a while, everything is fine, I am feeling that I am doing ok, I am having fun. And then suddenly from one game to the next and without changing the loadout, it feels like my bullets don't register or that I am shooting rubber bullets. I am losing pretty much every gun fight. There is nothing that I can do. It's like I am doing less damage or the enemy is doing more or they see me earlier or the netcode is fucked or I am playing against super awesome bots (or players) or what the fuck. It totally ruins it for me. Or maybe I get just put in a lobby with people that are way beyond my skill level. I don't know. The reaction time in that games are way beyond me. I usually go 0.5 K/D or something like that in those games. It's like you get one shot at every corner.
When I have two or three games like that I usually end my MW game night since it's so fucking frustrating and it will most likely not change for the next few games. I have no idea what the fuck this is. Maybe it's SBMM having a laugh at you for 5 games, saying "oh come one now let someone else have all the fun..."
I go through this same shit

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Finally downloaded that stupidly sized update, saw that tournament thing on it so gave it a whirl. Only went and won it, felt kinda good lol.

Congrats! It took me a few attempts. Was the victory animation any good or did the screen after the final match hang on waiting for players for you too?

Also, if you know, what blueprint did you get? I got the MP7 riptide:

p54eF7s.png

When I click on tournament again, it only shows me XP for the prizes. I wouldn't expect a different one in the same tournament period but I could have sworn it was supposed to be a sniper sandstorm but I could have that confused.

Deleted member 16136

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats! It took me a few attempts. Was the victory animation any good or did the screen after the final match hang on waiting for players for you too?

Also, if you know, what blueprint did you get? I got the MP7 riptide:

p54eF7s.png

When I click on tournament again, it only shows me XP for the prizes.

Didnt see any victory animation, was there supposed to be one?

Yeah got that MP7 plus a bunch of random stuff.

2020-02-161nikp3.png

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Didnt see any victory animation, was there supposed to be one?

Yeah got that MP7 plus a bunch of random stuff.

2020-02-161nikp3.png
Excellent thanks for posting it. Just want to check that I got the Death Awaits calling card as I think I got the others in previous attempts.
--Yes got it. Thanks. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be an animation. Me and the dude just sat in the lobby for like 10 minutes hoping a lootbox-esque animation would eventually trigger as not even your screen did. It says it's in Beta though.

--------------------------

So my wrist has been not hurting or anything but I can tell it needs rest...but they have the double XP still going!
Anyway, I felt like I had my mouse too far to the right (because of the space the larger keyboard took) and I remembered I had previously got a mini-keyboard that's mechanical when I was taking Overwatch competitive mode more seriously but after I moved I didn't set it up. I hooked it back up and I can have the mouse exactly centred without extending my wrist as much.

It's a (dusty) koolertron SMKD92:

EIApCry.png

The enter key I've set up as a spacebar. And I actually use space for crouching (hold).
The spacebar is fucking massive (usually) and super useful in that your thumb rests on it - how often do you need to jump? No way near as much as I need to instinctively crouch.

I also ordered a new mouse mat as mine is rather tatty now. Just a perixx cheap one for like £13 but I like the surface (when it's new). Got the large one that covers most of the desk.

Now all that's left is to upgrade the rig when the new Nvidia cards come out so I can get double the fps.

-The render resolution keeps resetting to the minimum -__-

Last edited:

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017

Usual COD shit. You'll encounter this in every COD, no matter if SBMM or not. Earlier this week I had a match where I went 16 - 42. Just stand over it and the play the next match... everybody has those matches sooner or later.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like them having certain playlists have double XP/weapon XP, even in the quick play playlists. If they have something giving double XP every week that'd be great

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017

Fuck no because there was someone in my game that went 72-10 and everyone else, even that person's(?) teammates, got .50 or less.

Shit's demoralizing more times than most. I don't know man, I might drop this game.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
What's everyone's thoughts post patch?
Is the game better?

is pointman finally worth it? Is aggressive play better? Im hoping for more patches like this especially for the perks

still think maps are garbage and them adding the smallest maps completely upsets me. I absolutely loathe shipment, rust, and im sick of kill house

Im ready for mw2 mid sized maps.

Oct 25, 2017
Games still bad. All 3 new maps are straight trash. Rust is like they felt like they needed to challenge themselves to make a worse map then shipment. The ikea store is like a halo 3 forge map with shit placed at random and the most bird brained objective spots in the game. The new ground war map is a total nightmare of geometry and sight lines. It's clear nothing in this game will ever improve as this is the design philosophy they are sticking to.

Same old fucking problems. You cannot say they even think spawns are an issue, because all the new maps are even more fucked then Piccadilly.

Last edited: