• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I just preordered digitally but since I'm at work, I'm guessing I have to wait til i get home to preload this bad boy. Since, I can't access my library from my work computer. I can access my "download list", however it's not giving me an option to download a beta.
Yeah, it seems it isn't there. You gotta do a manual search for "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Open Beta" on PSN and download it that way. If you have a digital pre-order, it will detect automatically and grant you early access but if you pre-ordered physically, you need to enter a code into PSN.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Sigh. My preorder was before the beta was announced so I don't even have a code.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I preloaded yesterday and it's just sitting there, taunting me.

Can't wait to try out the large Domination mode.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Yeah, it seems it isn't there. You gotta do a manual search for "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Open Beta" on PSN and download it that way. If you have a digital pre-order, it will detect automatically and grant you early access but if you pre-ordered physically, you need to enter a code into PSN.
thanks, man.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
32v32!? Hot damn. I really hope this is good, I need something to replace the craptactular Battlefield series.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
I'm giving a heads up, in the last few years if you create a PSN account from Asia, for some reason you don't need to pre-order to download the beta. I did it fine with WW2, so hoping I can do it for this as well.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Gah, the the rumours of it being out today are getting me anxious but Amazon still hasnt sent me the code

Im pretty sure amazon canada is going to have issues.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
TGR says they are changing the minimap

seems the final game is going to have a middle ground which i think means the map will stay on but have no enemy locations revealed until you use uav

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
So hyped for this! I enjoyed the hell out of the alpha, just hope Amazon emails me a code soon but that's what I get for going physical.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
This Beta is going to need to do a lot of convincing for me. Didn't enjoy the Alpha at all and a lot of design choices made by Infinity Ward have made me worried that the game will turn out to be a camper's wet dream.

French version of the game apparently says so when you try to connect to the servers
im just the opposite. Im so glad they made so many design changes.

You're definitely going to see more camping than black ops but im totally okay with that. Im real glad they got rid of traditional crutches like Dead Silence, removed streak wrapping, and made massive changes to the arena-based map design.

IMO, these were long overdue and brings the game back to last-gen's MW magic.

What rumors? I've heard rumors of tomorrow.
French update screen says today

Theef

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
If you get a code now it won't let you play until Thursday correct?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
im just the opposite. Im so glad they made so many design changes.

You're definitely going to see more camping than black ops but im totally okay with that. Im real glad they got rid of traditional crutches like Dead Silence, removed streak wrapping, and made massive changes to the arena-based map design.

IMO, these were long overdue and brings the game back to last-gen's MW magic.
I'm more worried about things such as Killstreaks instead of Scorestreaks, return of claymores and mines, gun mounting, extremely fast TTK.

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Watching for the download on PSN. Got the operator edition digitally a few weeks ago, just wanna have it preloaded and good to go lol.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more worried about things such as Killstreaks instead of Scorestreaks, return of claymores and mines, gun mounting, extremely fast TTK.
Im disappointed with no score streaks either, but apparently it's a perk option. Not sure how useful it would be though. There seem to be some things designed for score streaks like the Recon Drone field upgrade, and trophy system, etc.

Gun mounting should be fine since it exposes more of you than what you would assume.

As far as TTK goes: It seems like it's in a good spot, and TTK to me also depends on good map design.

My biggest issue with this game is the Stopping Power ability. I think it's just an awful idea and it will completely mess up the TTK.

I really hope they decided to remove/change SP Rounds. It's way too much of a crutch to win gun fights. I dont know who at IW loves Stopping Power so much.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
Preordered through PSN and don't see a link to download the beta. Can someone give step by step instructions?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, I don't wanna do 2v2. Don't they wanna test out the brand new spanking mode that will put it to the test against BF?

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
I can't find this freaking preload

Brohenheim

Oct 27, 2017
Preordered from Gamestop and redeemed the captain price skin for blackout a while ago should I be getting a code emailed from activision?

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
Im really curious how they'll balance the killstreaks for these big modes, it can be a problem in the normal gamemodes with spawn trapping if people are good. I just cant see it work out well in bigger modes, hope im wrong though.

Preordered from Gamestop and redeemed the captain price skin for blackout a while ago should I be getting a code emailed from activision?
If you pre-ordered through gamestop you got a code to fill out on callofduty.com/beta. You will get a beta token mailed to you but you can also see your beta code on the redeem page.

Brohenheim

Oct 27, 2017
If you pre-ordered through gamestop you got a code to fill out on callofduty.com/beta. You will get a beta token mailed to you but you can also see your beta code on the redeem page.
whenever I go there it just says code already redeemed
edit: some people on reddit are saying that codes from physical preorders are going out in 3-4 hours so take that with a grain of salt

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I just preordered the physical version from Best Buys... but I don't see no email. Only to unlock Captain Price. (WTF kind of preorded bonus is that?)

So I'm guessing this is only for Digital pre-orders?

Oh well at least I'll get that $10 from them. :/
If you've got the Price skin for Blackout then you should already have Early Access to the Beta.

c19URJj.png

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've already redeemed the code Amazon sent out a while back but there's nothing from Activision in terms of the PS Store code.