• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
After putting hours I must say I'm disappointed in what game is offering, which is more old same CoD. I guess I let hype of more tactical experience set expectations only to turn out that isn't case at all with this and nothing has really changed. I wonder why influencers like Driftor were borderline panicking that this will be too different and slower CoD than anything before?

There is nothing tactical about moment to moment gameplay.

Fights are all about hopping around like in Quake and spraying in ADS because there is ZERO penalty to doing it. You can keep ADS, maximum accuracy and added bonus is big leaps from hops making you slippery target. So tactical. If feeling spicey hit in some dropshot action as there is zero penalty for that too. So same twitchy ADHD spammy and amped up speed of gunfights from previous CoD's is still there in full force. Just over maybe slightly faster than before because game has even lower TTK than BFV and V has it low already.

There is some glimpses of tactical part devs most likely wanted go towards to. Slowly opening doors, weapon mounting, TTK / TTD... but for some reason they didn't fully go there and instead delivered very much more some old.

Game has its share of technical issues. Audio has playback issues, you can get shot at from close range or friend fires his weapon and you don't hear anything. Not even bullets fly by. Some times audio plays with seconds delay. BFV is struggling with same issue. Game also basically freezes for a second with every spawn and I think this has to do with backend as issue started when they opened beta for masses. Ground War servers keep totally crashing.

Also what is going on with fights in general? Or this game has same damage bug as BFV where at random your client receives just one package and it contains 10 round worth of damage, dealing all of it in single shot. So much very questionable instant deaths moment player runs to your screen, even dying to them while your client still renders them sprinting. Something here is causing major disconnect between clients and I doubt anyone ever sees actual actions done by the player in real time. Very low TTD does play part in it for sure just like in V, but even in V I don't feel "cheated" this often in 1on1 fights. Which loops back to hopping and drop shotting, best methods to manipulate encounter odds in this environment.

It's so frustrating as I can't put my finger on why most 1on1's feel so off, you often die in instant player enters screen no matter what they are doing in animations.

What is up with spawns and map flow? Spawning right behind dude who just killed you who spawns rights behind you then you spawn... Issue could be with map size so spawn sides spasm out and people spawn all over as team pushes even little to some direction. Even then games spawn system should be more aware of what it's doing with spawns so you don't get back spawned .5 seconds after you spawned, leads only to frustration as you can enter death sprees without anything you can do about it.

TL:DR; This is more same old CoD, why some were so worried this would be slower and less spammy than before?

Edit: Also what is with MM? Lobbies basically never are full and one team often has 1-2 more playaers.

Gave it an afternoon today and amen.

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
When I play all these online shooter games, it just makes me more sad that I don't have SOCOM. I just can't get into respawn shooters for some reason.

Toggle EMP mode only. It's the closest thing to demolition from the good 'ol days of socom. No respawns and is round based. Although there is a revive mechanic.

I for one can't wait for EMP with Realism mode toggled on. It's gonna be sweet!

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Toggle EMP mode only. It's the closest thing to demolition from the good 'ol days of socom. No respawns and is round based. Although there is a revive mechanic.

I for one can't wait for EMP with Realism mode toggled on. It's gonna be sweet!

Thanks! I'll definitely check this out. Demo on Socom was so great, so I appreciate the response.

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
I could see ground war being a lot more awesome in the 20v20 mode instead of 32v32. Also if they move a couple of the points.

It's just too many people crammed together.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Game runs better than Blops 4, which is nice. Wasn't a fan of the Battlefield mode but regular game seems nice. Shotties are fantastic.

Though I'm probably not getting this full price.

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone else finding this a blurry mess on PC? Not sure what graphics settings is causing it, changed a million things but everything seems to have this slight blur to it and its really annoying.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
ziQgO3S.png

Don't sleep on LMGs in this game, mounting on cover or a corner basically gives you a laser with 100 rounds of ammo to burn. I was mounted up on a window and was defending C and B points solo while my team rushed A constantly. The entire middle of the map was off limits for the enemy team due to my sightline, with 2 or 3 peeps coordinating you could literally lock down the entire map's rush routes. Going to be interesting to see how people adapt in the full release.

Broman1978

Nov 11, 2017
Thanks for the tip!
I'll definitely give that a try.
Can't stand tearing.
Have you tried those settings with Ground War, as well?
Tried Ground war for the first time now... Yeah I noticed some tearing and the fps dropped occasionally. Never experienced that in normal game modes through.. Will try the Ps4 version now to compare :)
Edit: Experienced no tearing on Pro but some judder/small framedrops when running outside on the map... :)

Last edited:

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Don't sleep on LMGs in this game, mounting on cover or a corner basically gives you a laser with 100 rounds of ammo to burn. I was mounted up on a window and was defending C and B points solo while my team rushed A constantly. The entire middle of the map was off limits for the enemy team due to my sightline, with 2 or 3 peeps coordinating you could literally lock down the entire map's rush routes. Going to be interesting to see how people adapt in the full release.

I love the LMG, I think mines at like level 16 now. It's the one first available, I've probably unlocked others but like it too much. It's my "side arm" with my pimped out M4. Even from a distance it's pretty devastating. Very easy to get a Blood Thirsty bonus just mounted on a window taking out rushing clans.

Also as newb as they are strategic claymore or proximity mines are clutch. Throw one right on the flag of a dom match and giggle at your revenge bonus.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
seriously considering buying this game. Beta is fast pace and a lot of fun.
Its funny to compare to launch.
People complaining its slow are too used to modern cod games where running is all u do

yet this game has an insane amount of run and gun. and dead silence will add to that playstyle

people also learned these maps quite a bit and know how to play around it now

TheRatedD

Apr 15, 2018
Ground War is amazing. Just gone done playing it for about an hour. That alone makes me wanna buy the game.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for teammates to do this so I can throw Munitions at their feet all day.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
We got to 30. Definitely getting this game. Haven't enjoyed a CoD this much since Black Ops 1. I couldn't get enough of Cyber Attack. Can't wait for the full release!

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
Bought every CoD since the original MW but after playing this beta I'll sady be giving this a hard pass. Groundwar is pure misery and the other modes have terrible maps with a wtf ttk. Guess I'll wait for Black Ops 5, Treyarch still knows how to make these games fun to play.

Oct 25, 2017
Bought every CoD since the original MW but after playing this beta I'll sady be giving this a hard pass. Groundwar is pure misery and the other modes have terrible maps with a wtf ttk. Guess I'll wait for Black Ops 5, Treyarch still knows how to make these games fun to play.
Blops 2 was the last one I bought with MW2 being my fav. This might actually be the first COD game I buy since then. I'm quite enjoying it. Groundwar not so much but loving the other modes so far.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Can't believe I'm actually going to buy a COD game. And that's just for the multiplayer. Props to IW changing the formula and nailing it.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
The gunplay in this game is so good I can give a lot of issues I have with it a bit of a break. I'm also usually a fan of longer TTK shooters, but this one is sort of an exception. I don't know precisely why that is, but I think it has to do with the slower, more methodical gameplay (you can still play pretty fast, but it's not the only effective way to play). The franchise was getting so arcadey and busy to me; I loved Advanced Warfare but that seemed to be the only game that did traversal right, and it did a lot of other stuff wrong. The game is a return to form plus a little. Campers will be an overarching issue that people have with this game, but I think people often mistake camping for strategic positioning. Knowing when to mobilize and where/when to position yourself is important.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost comical how much of a difference my performance is when I play people with a controller versus with kb/m.

Against folks with controllers: I can definitely hold my own.
Against folks with kb/m: I take one step out into the open and instantly get sniped from across the map.

Nothing makes ya' feel like an old geezer more than trying to play twitchy PC shooters against folks who only play twitchy PC shooters XD

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea how people can say this is all about camping. The people I've seen do the best are absolutely 100% run and gun, corner jumping hip firing smgs with no penalty.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost comical how much of a difference my performance is when I play people with a controller versus with kb/m.

Against folks with controllers: I can definitely hold my own.
Against folks with kb/m: I take one step out into the open and instantly get sniped from across the map.

Nothing makes ya' feel like an old geezer more than trying to play twitchy PC shooters against folks who only play twitchy PC shooters XD
Funny for me thats the other way around. Those damn cod kids are so good with those controllers while I keep my own with the mouse.

wulfmatik

Dec 7, 2018
Anyone else experience odd zoom stutter when they ADS? I'm playing on pc with a mouse and GSYNC enabled.

my FPS is stable but whenever I ADS there is a faint stutter.

No_Style

Oct 26, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
I miss scorestreaks for the simple reason of making destroying UAVs worth a damn.

I am probably picking this up but not for the MP. It just doesn't quite click with me.