• We are delighted to introduce GiftBot 2.0, the next generation of our popular gifting feature. To celebrate, we'll be giving away some incredible prizes over the coming weeks in one big Giveaway Extravaganza!

Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare - MP Beta |OT| The Rules Have Changed

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Was a handful of kills away from a nuke and got VTOL’d through a tin roof - so fucking dumb

I’ve also gotten jug a couple times tonight but each time it’s been blown up before I could even use it - lmao

I’m loving the game though

dreamstation

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Well I just gave ground war a go and to be honest it has nothing on Battlefield, even the more recent entries. Apart from the higher player count and having vehicles it's nothing like Battlefield. Graphics are quite poor, audio has nothing on what DICE can do and just overall a rather bland experience.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Played a few crossplay games, me on PC and my friend on PS4, and got put on opposite teams a couple of times. Was surprised that he still managed to kill me a few times on controller despite being brand new to the game; seems they did a pretty good job balancing kbm vs mouse.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Never was able to get into CoD MP, but I've been enjoying Ground War in this. I'm a BF guy and I kind of like the unique take here. Though I often buy CoD for campaign(I like to challenge Veteran diff), I haven't purchased or touched a COD since Infinite Warfare. Moreso, I haven't touched MP since MW2, so for this to even get me to bother to download is a huge deal. I'm terrible and had zero fun with the standard modes, but Ground War got me to stick with it.

Also, the audio design is really astounding, my headphones are getting a workout!

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Played a few crossplay games, me on PC and my friend on PS4, and got put on opposite teams a couple of times. Was surprised that he still managed to kill me a few times on controller despite being brand new to the game; seems they did a pretty good job balancing kbm vs mouse.
Here's to hoping they keep crossplay like this in the full game, but I doubt it.

Jun 1, 2019
Random thoughts:

It's kind of fun so far, definitely better than the last few CoD's
The game gets a lot better when you get ghost
Ghost is basically necessary, UAV spam is too prominent. Usage of Ghost will probably resemble Stopping Power's usage in MW2 if nothing changes
Sniper Rifle's suck with no upgrade, like badly. ADS time needs to be increased a ton.
Camping probably isn't the way to go unless you want to lock down a specific choke point and only end up with a few cheap kills and barely break even. Most sight lines are obscured by something, and usually there's multiple sight lines on your location. Patrolling or run and gun is probably the way to go, just gotta get Ghost and learn the maps first.
the game needs settings to adjust Inner and Outer dead zones and Aim Acceleration. It should be standard for all shooters, but the options that are present are nice.

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like even on PC this is just "Hold Angles - The Game."

Worse than PUBG with people crouched in corners fully ADS'd

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
You can get around it once you learn the map. Running the recon drone is a big help, too.
It's not a matter of map knowledge, everyone just walks around ADS'd, at least in these PC only lobbies I've been playing. Earlier I was doing crossplay with my buddies and it was like a completely different game

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I don't think I played COD this good since I BLOPS1. 30 yo boomer destroying kids every game after not really having fun with any cod after BLOPS1