• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 18, 2018
I was considering this but someone mentioned in another thread about how MTX were added to BO4 'after' launch and it became p2w?

Is nobody else concerned about this happening in this game?

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Guys, I entered the PSN code from the beta redeem page and PSN says already own this. I didn't pre ordered digitally is this code automatic or what?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I was considering this but someone mentioned in another thread about how MTX were added to BO4 'after' launch and it became p2w?

That's exactly what's gonna happen, lol. At least there's no Season Pass so newer maps are free for everyone.

Deleted member 48201

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2018

That's why I'm not going to get it. Weapons in crates in BO4 was the final straw. I don't accept that in a full priced game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I am yes, I stopped playing BO4 at Christmas because of the shit systems they added, I am very worried the same will happen here.

The only thing I hope is it's not as horrendous as the BO4 system.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
The only CoD I played this gen was Infinite Warfare and I don't remember MTX being an issue there. At least not for the first 4-6 months. I think you got guns or variants of guns in the crates but I played enough where I was earning them at a good enough pace just by playing. I never paid for anything and didn't feel like I was losing because of that.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
They're saying all the right things right now dammit they're giving me hope
Yes, but the fact that they made the announcement about free maps is telling in a way too. They didn't say anything about Loot Crates or MTX correct? To me that kinda means they'll still be there otherwise why wouldn't they have announced that too?

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I have had 0 luck snagging an Early Access code, so if anyone has an extra... I would appreciate not waiting until Saturday!

Brohenheim

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but the fact that they made the announcement about free maps is telling in a way too. They didn't say anything about Loot Crates or MTX correct? To me that kinda means they'll still be there otherwise why wouldn't they have announced that too?
I'm fine with mtx and loot crates AS LONG as it's all just cosmetic and not weapons with the only way to get them is the loot crates

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
As far as I'm aware it never became p2w. It was all cosmetic from what I remember but holy shit do they cram those MTX in anywhere they can on BO4.
At one point they put new weapons into loot boxes instead of the Contraband Stream like they did with the first few weapons, and since some of those weapons are arguably better in certain situations than the weapons the game launched with you can easily argue that Black Ops 4 is in fact somewhat p2w.
It's the game that is changing map packs so there is a chance. But I'd say it's a low chance, lol considering it's still Activision.
I'd argue this makes it only likelier that the microtransactions will be scummy as heck since Activision and Infinity Ward will need to compensate for the loss in revenue from there no longer being paid new maps. Also, if microtransactions will be strictly cosmetic why not just get it over with and say so? Now the entire community has been speculating and fearing the worst for months and there's no end in sight. If microtransactions will be strictly cosmetic it's very much in Activision's and Infinity Ward's interest to announce that as soon as possible.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Guys, I entered the PSN code from the beta redeem page and PSN says already own this. I didn't pre ordered digitally is this code automatic or what?

I think you still to have to wait for the email with the second code. That code on the site is for those who didn't pre order. It's the same activation code you get for pre ordering (then why pre order in the first place?).

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi

Well BO4 was handled by Treyarch studio, Treyarch are worse usually than Infinity Ward when it comes to MTX in CODs

Infinite Warfare by Infinity Ward MTX wasn't near as bad as it was on Black Ops 3 and 4, hopefully same happens again but who knows things can change so can greed

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
Well BO4 was handled by Treyarch studio, Treyarch are worse usually than Infinity Ward when it comes to MTX in CODs

Infinite Warfare by Infinity Ward MTX wasn't near as bad as it was on Black Ops 3 and 4, hopefully same happens again but who knows things can change so can greed
I don't think it was a trryarch decision, Activision knew blops was gonna be big and it was. They couldn't afford to lose players with infinite warfare.

Now modern warfare on the other hand will sell massively. Never underestimate the trash company that is Activision.

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking god damn it, it turns out the Captain Price code from Best Buy WAS the Beta code as well. I gave that code away here thinking it was only for Captain Price... Turns out somebody used it for the beta. This sucks ass.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I talked to Amazon support and th
Fucking god damn it, it turns out the Captain Price code from Best Buy WAS the Beta code as well. I gave that code away here thinking it was only for Captain Price... Turns out somebody used it for the beta. This sucks ass.
i should have an extra once amazon sends me their code

remind me when amazons codes go out

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
I think you still to have to wait for the email with the second code. That code on the site is for those who didn't pre order. It's the same activation code you get for pre ordering (then why pre order in the first place?).

I'm talking about this code.

sssxjj61.jpg

On PS4 I tried to enter the code it says code already used, I tried entering the code on browser it says I already own this but I know I didn't use this code. I hope I can dive into early access otherwise it'll be a bad suprise.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm talking about this code.

sssxjj61.jpg

On PS4 I tried to enter the code it says code already used, I tried entering the code on browser it says I already own this but I know I didn't use this code. I hope I can dive into early access otherwise it'll be a bad suprise.

Yeah that doesn't work for me either. I got a code from Amazon and used that one. Now i'm waiting for another email, according to the site, to download the beta. I really don't know what that code is for.

EDIT- Oops derp.

I got the email and we are supposed to use the code on the PS store. I was trying it on the COD site.

Last edited:

StickeeFingaz

Oct 25, 2017
Does Amazon still allow you to cancel pre-orders? I pre-ordered Battlefield V and then wasn't able to cancel and was stuck with it.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Are the start times for the open beta the same as for the early access beta, i.e. 10am PDT, 6pm BST, etc.?

That will suck for my country unfortunately, since it means the open Beta will skip Saturday entirely and start at 3am Sunday morning.

Rebetherick

Oct 26, 2017
If anyone is on the 3 network codes are going out tomorrow on their Wuntu app so you can play the beta early without having to preorder.