• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Mind, they are running paid promotions with key drops currently, but still, lots of games do that and don't get this high.

I believe this is the 7th highest a game has ever been, with only Fortnite, CS:GO, PUBG, Dota 2, Warframe, and WoW beating it.

blackopstwitchr4iar.png

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/directory

Last edited:

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Black Ops 4 will be the best selling Cod of all time with way beyond 50M copies LT.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Is it worth $60 tho? Is it a full game tho? They are using streaming tactics to increase pre-orders!

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah tracking is blowing up due to the positive reception to Blackout

It was already doing well, but theres no question after the Blackout Beta how big this is going to be. People that were pegging this as the year CoD underperformed should probably reevaluate their position

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I mean all they have to do is pay like two streamers and you're at the top, regardless of the game people are watching the streamer they like.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OT, but I'm more interested why CS:GO is pulling such high numbers of viewers recently.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean all they have to do is pay like two streamers and you're at the top, regardless of the game people are watching the streamer they like.

People literally post this in every single large Twitch viewership thread and literally every time said game sells huge amounts of units

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I can't wait to check this out it looks great.

For reference tho, if you watch the top 4 sponsored streamers at the mo (who have #ad) for 1 hour you get into the Pc beta as Nic has said

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
They really should have make the BR beta free, it could attract a whole a lot of people that are on the fence.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OT, but I'm more interested why CS:GO is pulling such high numbers of viewers recently.
CS:GO majors are popular as shit.

And from what I've watched and played of Blackout on PC, the shit is pretty damn good. Definitely will enjoy it alongside Fortnite and PUBG (and hopefully Ring of Elysium, but I haven't had a chance to play that yet).

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Major is running. I'm actually surprised Black Ops 4 is beating out CS:GO right now.

Twitch is getting viewers stolen from Steam.tv this time around, (124,000 viewers currently), but normally CS:GO on Twitch during Majors is always above 500,000 concurrent viewers. Makes me sad :(

We becoming a small eSport. :( Have the same viewers as Overwatch League Finals and The International on Twitch, that's not a good sign. :(

It's not the Play-Offs yet, but I really hope we still manage to hit the 1,000,000 viewers on Twitch mark we used to hit during Finals.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprising; Blackout is fun as shit.

PUBG was a bit too janky for me.
Fortnite has its moments, but I am not a fan of the building aspect.
This one feels JUST right, though. Very smooth gameplay, with the controls I'm used to.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I might fuck around and buy BO4 twice this year (one for my brother on PC, one for me on PS4)
Blackout has me HYPE, and I generally buy every Treyarch COD anyway
It also helps that this will probably be the first Battle Royale game that I'm decent at and have a chance of winning at least one game solo
Yeah tracking is blowing up due to the positive reception to Blackout

It was already doing well, but theres no question after the Blackout Beta how big this is going to be. People that were pegging this as the year CoD underperformed should probably reevaluate their position
Oh mama...

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
People literally post this in every single large Twitch viewership thread and literally every time said game sells huge amounts of units

What's this about sales? I'm just talking about how Activision just announced that they partnered with Shroud, Ninja, and some others to give some keys away so it seems pretty obvious that it would easily top the charts when the streamers that pull in 95% of the site are all streaming one game. Companies have clearly recognized the marketing potential of the site. I may not be a US SALES INSIDER but I think it will be the best selling game this year, like it is seemingly every year.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Activison finally got PC players to give a shit about CoD again. It is a huge accomplishment and something I wasn't sure I'd ever seen again.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This might be the first CoD in a while to do really well on PC.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be the best selling COD on PC in a fucking long time.

Yep. The combination of Blackout being recieved VERY positively combined with PC users seemingly being much more on board with this title is making me think BO4 has a very real shot of being the best selling COD on current gen

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
BO4 is going to be insanely huge on Bnet

Going bnet instead of Steam was the smartest move Activision could do

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
PUBG XBX and that H1Z1 or whatever it's called look like shovelware compared to this. Day one!

Shroud and the Dr. are basically PubG on twitch and those 2 are currently playing CoD

Will be interesting to see where shroud will be staying.
He always complains about PubG and wants to play something different but doesn't pull the viewers with Rainbow Six and WoW which he likes to play more so he still starts his streams with PubG.

CoD plays godly compared to PubG and the Beta numbers are good too for him everytime.
Maybe he makes the switch over

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. The combination of Blackout being recieved VERY positively combined with PC users seemingly being much more on board with this title is making me think BO4 has a very real shot of being the best selling COD on current gen
That and Battlefield V's Battle Royale being squads only and (even after the delay) not being available at release is going to help a bit as well.

I'm not familiar with Battlefield PC sales, but the thought of Call of Duty on PC outselling Battlefield this year sounds insane to me.