• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

A CoD port for Switch has been heavily rumored for months now so I guess this is it?
S3o45RD.jpg

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
So uh...

Why?

Why this one in particular, several years post-relevancy?

Why not CoD Mobile?

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There is 0 reason to port or play BO4 these days unless you are a Zombies fan.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
If this is real I guess the main reason why it's BO4 is because it was an easier port job?

But that wouldn't make sense because Mobile would be easier and even make them more money as that's still supported and played by a ton of people.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It has Xbox One and Windows listed twice. It's glitched. It doesn't show that when you look at the desktop version of the site.

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
It has Xbox One and Windows listed twice. It's glitched. It doesn't show that when you look at the desktop version of the site.

It is probably glitched, but it does still appear on the desktop version, at least, on both my PC and Mac.

Sincerely, I simply wish they would bring Mobile instead. From the little I played, I still had some fun. BO4 would be a weird choice.
Would rather play Modern Warfare Remastered

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
A similar case happened when there was supposedly a PS5 or PC listing for Crash Team Racing on the same page, that turned out to be nothing ofc so take this with a grain of salt.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
This is literally the last one I'd want them to port but also the one I've played least so I'd still pick it up on Switch for some hot gyro action.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
I know a lot of people are saying CoD Mobile would make more sense, but I'd rather play the one with actual players and not bots.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
BLOPS 4 had no campaign so smaller file size but it also had Blackout which is the first CoD BR mode

Reminder that Microsoft flat said they were planning to bring COD to Switch recently. So this could be it
A bit early but Activision also has to release some games since OW2 and Diablo IV are not making this year

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Switch couldn't handle Blops 4 base PS4 was already struggling. They would have to optimize alot so it would almost make sense to port a newer game.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Wait...Black Ops 4...oh shit there totally was a Black Ops 4.

The Call of Duty franchise kind of muddles together into a brownish-green puddle post-CoD4 for me.