• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2913

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Go 60-20 with a knife only and get "Connection to bnet has been lost, please restart game with bnet" right when the game was about to end and get placed in a server login queue for the game when I relaunched. Why must the gods smite me.

Never seen the Queue before.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Someone mind telling me how the hell Im supposed to use the Dart when the sensitivity on the thing is damn low?

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
It really shouldn't take almost 5 seconds to successfully pull out of a Seeker. The second you press the button you should be able to move immediately.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
They got to rethink the armour shards for level 3

Zero is so stupid too. Completely taking over everything in the game is so dumb. I like that she counters ops, but she's so over the top

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Here's some thoughts on rebalancing Zero in multiplayer and armor in Blackout:

Zero:
  • EMP grenade has 110-120 second cooldown, temporarily disables barricades, sentries, and drone squad tracking for 5-8 seconds. Does not destroy analog gadgets, like razor wire and ammo bags, but prevents ammo bags from being used for 5-8 seconds (as they make use of drones for resupply).
  • Ability now only allows you to hack one of four categories, instead of all four: pick between taking over deployed equipment on the map, taking over active streaks that can be controlled, destroying active streaks that can only be destroyed, or hacking into player HUDs. Give the HUD hack a radial effect like the vision pulse so that she can't sit safely in spawn and hack players.
Armor:
  • Remove level 3 armor from Blackout completely. It does not need to exist just for the sake of it. It's too strong.
  • Remove armor chunks as a floor and box lootable. Make one armor chunk drop on kill.
  • Armor chunks now take up a backpack slot and are equipped in the same slot as healing items, forcing players to remain inactive while it's in use (so they can't heal and repair at the same time).
  • Repairing with armor chunks now takes as long as using a trauma kit.
  • Armor health values reverted to pre-update, but armor does not break completely when it loses all health, instead being useless until it's repaired.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Armor:
  • Remove level 3 armor from Blackout completely. It does not need to exist just for the sake of it. It's too strong.
  • Remove armor chunks as a floor and box lootable. Make one armor chunk drop on kill.
  • Armor chunks now take up a backpack slot and are equipped in the same slot as healing items, forcing players to remain inactive while it's in use (so they can't heal and repair at the same time).
  • Repairing with armor chunks now takes as long as using a trauma kit.
  • Armor health values reverted to pre-update, but armor does not break completely when it loses all health, instead being useless until it's repaired.
Almost exactly my thoughts but I think 2 or 3 armor plates would be better if durability is changed back. Level 1 armor takes 6 to heal from broken so 1 wouldn't do much when your armor is pretty much gone after every fair fight.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
As much as people complain about Zero, she's improved the meta for the better. Since she came out I've yet to be put into a lobby where a dominating team is just cycling score streaks. Nuketown is still chaotic garbage but at least it's not raining death quite so often. And I'm a Torgue player.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
As much as people complain about Zero, she's improved the meta for the better. Since she came out I've yet to be put into a lobby where a dominating team is just cycling score streaks. Nuketown is still chaotic garbage but at least it's not raining death quite so often. And I'm a Torgue player.
She's definitely a great inclusion, but she was inarguably way overtuned.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Had 3 wins in Close Quarters Frenzy yesterday. It's proving one thing for sure: I suck at sniping and I apparently suck at mid range combat too. It'll be interesting to see if my close range game has improved in vanilla Blackout when this mode ends. I hope CQF stays up past the 2X weekend.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Here's some thoughts on rebalancing Zero in multiplayer and armor in Blackout:

In terms of the Armor repair system - I can agree with this point you made but the other stuff is too extreme. They created a new system and it needs tweaking but it doesn't need to be full blown castrated. I'm already noticing there's less armor chunks around the map verses the first day it launched. As I've stated in previous posts, Level 3 is only an issue with long range combat and I'm starting to think that's sort of the whole point of it. It should be able to withstand a headshot. It should make sniping much harder. In CQF I will melt a Level 3 in seconds with a spitfire. Conversely, I've been melted wearing Level 3 in the same way. It's not indestructible..

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of the Armor repair system - I can agree with this point you made but the other stuff is too extreme. They created a new system and it needs tweaking but it doesn't need to be full blown castrated. I'm already noticing there's less armor chunks around the map verses the first day it launched. As I've stated in previous posts, Level 3 is only an issue with long range combat and I'm starting to think that's sort of the whole point of it. It should be able to withstand a headshot. It should make sniping much harder. In CQF I will melt a Level 3 in seconds with a spitfire. Conversely, I've been melted wearing Level 3 in the same way. It's not indestructible..
Level 3 is a bigger issue close range. There's more room to outplay at long range, they can't just out-tank you the way they can up close.

If you lose to level 1 armor with level 3 at close range, you got absolutely dumpstered.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Level 3 is a bigger issue close range. There's more room to outplay at long range, they can't just out-tank you the way they can up close.

If you lose to level 1 armor with level 3 at close range, you got absolutely dumpstered.

Yeah but there's a couple of things at play in CQC where you could get melted by a Level 1 player even if you're wearing Level 3. One is getting jumped from behind with a Spitfire or a shotgun. I think what people hate about the armor system and level 3 right now is only really during long range fights where the level 3 can get cover and repair himself for what seems like an eternity.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
is there anywhere to see any numbers on weapon usage for this game? i'm just curious about what weapons are the most used in mp.

Oct 27, 2017
Play of the game is so cheesy. Its always some guy who gets lucky near an enemy spawn with their backs to him.

I just got 5 flamethrower kills in a row, yet this guy got 3 kills for play of the game. Makes no sense. Bring back final killcam and stop copying overwatch.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the 5 sentry kills earlier. Just need to get 3 Objective ekia with it now. Does anyone know if I can do them across multiple sentries in one life?

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can you not buy the new map pack on PS4? Do you HAVE to buy the full season pass to get it? I'm looking in the store and can't find it.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So is it really true that you get everything for free (new class, weapons etc) except the maps?

Frag Waffles

Apr 7, 2018
Earned my 48th solo win today. Here are my tips and trick for winning with the latest patch:

DO:
-Have level 3 armor
-Have armor plates

DO NOT:
-Not have level 3 armor
-Not have armor plates

In all seriousness, the flow of the game is different now. I'm not sure what they're going for with such a huge emphasis on armor, and I'm not sure I care for it. Still enjoying the game, but they're not on the right track.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
So is it really true that you get everything for free (new class, weapons etc) except the maps?
Yes, though you need to put in the work to get the new weapons. They don't just magically appear in your inventory. The grind to them isn't particularly difficult, but it will take time, and requires you play the game semi-regularly.
In all seriousness, the flow of the game is different now. I'm not sure what they're going for with such a huge emphasis on armor, and I'm not sure I care for it. Still enjoying the game, but they're not on the right track.
Level 3 armor offers a 55% damage reduction to all parts of the body (in addition to explosive damage resistance), making it completely overpowered compared to level 2 armor (40% damage resistance to the body, not the head). The solution should be simple: ditch it entirely and make armor have two levels instead of three. There's no need for having level 3 just to fulfill the rule of three; it's much better for the game in the long term if it's gone, especially if armor is going to remain as tanky as it is.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
I just got my 6th solo victory after a drought that lasted like month. It wasn't the greatest victory ever but I'll take it. I won because I outlasted the other 2 guys in the final collapse because of my superior position. I was on the rocks just above the main building on the west side of the dam. They must have been inside it I guess. No idea. I never saw them. But I did manage to stay out of the collapse until the circle disappeared completely. Having 200 hit points probably didn't hurt my cause either.

Oct 25, 2017
But his applies to all people, with or without DLC, does it not?
Yes. The season pass does not affect tier progression at all. It comes with 1000 COD Points to speed it up if you didn't spend them on the previous operation already.

Note that if you have any COD Points, do not spend them until a tier sale appears. It would also be wise to not spend them on this "operation" at all, they may introduce worse grinds if they see COD Point sales go down.

TheAquaticApe

Oct 25, 2017
Been bouncing between this and BFV lately. Managed to get my first solo win in Blackout after 12 matches. Killed 7 total that round, including the last 2. The game didn't record the entire match. Only the first 9 minutes. What's up with that?

Really enjoying Blackout. I played a lot of early access PUBG on PC. I think this easily beats that by a mile in terms of fun for me.

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been bouncing between this and BFV lately. Managed to get my first solo win in Blackout after 12 matches. Killed 7 total that round, including the last 2. The game didn't record the entire match. Only the first 9 minutes. What's up with that?

Really enjoying Blackout. I played a lot of early access PUBG on PC. I think this easily beats that by a mile in terms of fun for me.

Good shit, saw you online yesterday. Having played all 3 big BR games this one is by far my favorite.

Can´t wait for weapon camos in Blackout.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Stealing a drone squadron is hilarious because it just immediately kills the person who called it and all of their friends. Zero is fun though I think it is a lot that it takes over everything and you don't have to be selective.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Earned my 48th solo win today. Here are my tips and trick for winning with the latest patch:

DO:
-Have level 3 armor
-Have armor plates

DO NOT:
-Not have level 3 armor
-Not have armor plates

That's a crazy amount of solo wins dude. I personally can't even play Solo's anymore and I know it's the "quintessential BR experience" since you're all alone but I just have more fun with quads or duos. Solos almost feels too intense.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Torque in safeguard is so overpowered, just drop a shield down in front of the robot when they get near the end point and it's game over.

I guess that all changes tomorrow when Zero drops on xbox, but my god was it fun playing over the weekend dropping a shield and the enemy not being able to get anywhere near it once you fortify it with barbed wire around the back and your team then just have to sit back and watch as the enemy are pretty helpless.

This is on firing range mainly, but that seemed to be the only map people would pick lol.

Aug 5, 2018
Torque in safeguard is so overpowered, just drop a shield down in front of the robot when they get near the end point and it's game over.

I guess that all changes tomorrow when Zero drops on xbox, but my god was it fun playing over the weekend dropping a shield and the enemy not being able to get anywhere near it once you fortify it with barbed wire around the back and your team then just have to sit back and watch as the enemy are pretty helpless.

This is on firing range mainly, but that seemed to be the only map people would pick lol.

Fmj titan shreds the shield in seconds. I was doing the same thing until everyone figured that out.