• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Agree. I get hung up in the scroll bar all the time. And if two people in that stash it's a nightmare.

On the X1, the scroll bar in it's current state is actually broken. Almost every time I loot someone it locks up and I can't search the bag unless I pull away from it and try it again. It's incredibly frustrating in the middle of a fight having to go through all that to find ammo or nades.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, but I hate battle royal games. :/
Also woo. They added Nuketown since I last played. Like that was ever a good map. Can't wait to leave the second I get shoved on to that trash.

Then why install? Seems you knew what to expect prior. I like both modes and I'm not that big into cod games but this game is a blast. Doesn't take long to figure out how to progress and get better in straight multiplayer. It just may not be for you.

I have a group that I play with but also started playing quads and duos a little more with randoms. I'm actually getting grouped with some decent players. Everyone seems to have mics and I get some random invites after. I think if they make it easier to stick with party it'll help the community a lot.

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
What's everyone's favorite spots to drop in Blackout? I tend to try and fly far away from the path so I can loot without tons of people challenging me while I get set up. But that means I end up at turbine and the smaller estates section often. Or at some random houses somewhere in the woods. I want to branch out and try other locations, but I don't need busy areas like firing range.

I feel like I'm picking the wrong drop locations for loading up - I end up with an SMG or LMG instead of something good, then I have to kill someone to get a decent weapon. So overall I feel like I'm doing it wrong. I mostly play solos and have a few wins, but I think I can do better.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's everyone's favorite spots to drop in Blackout? I tend to try and fly far away from the path so I can loot without tons of people challenging me while I get set up. But that means I end up at turbine and the smaller estates section often. Or at some random houses somewhere in the woods. I want to branch out and try other locations, but I don't need busy areas like firing range.

I feel like I'm picking the wrong drop locations for loading up - I end up with an SMG or LMG instead of something good, then I have to kill someone to get a decent weapon. So overall I feel like I'm doing it wrong. I mostly play solos and have a few wins, but I think I can do better.

As in all BR games, I tend to drop to a likely deserted location farthest away possible with good chances of decent loot. With enough houses I can still loot probably well enough, and given my position it's likely I can get the jump on the first opponent I encounter, getting even more loot. It works rather well, I don't even play Blackout often and yet I have a rather high percentage of high finishes.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Do you know where Woods' helicopter is (it's an unnamed location)? Just to the north of it you have a few smaller buildings where I tend to drop. Normally nobody else drops there unless the drop path is extremely close to it, and you can usually get quite some decent gear there. Then once you've looted it you can go to Woods' helicopter and loot that, or you can take the Quad and leave.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018

Asylum, but the twist is, not in the proper asylum. I go first on the mansion north of it, there's a couple of room and I usually get some basic gear there. Then I go to the labyrinth, and when I'm done with both, I have a Lv2 armor, 200 hp and a ton of ammo/full decked assault rifle. There's nobody there 95% of the time. They all go to the asylum first. From there, if you go uphill behind the asylum, there's a quad available if you need to gtfo fast !

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I always drop in the desert if the flight path allows it. The spot with the three buildings and another three smaller buildings down the road tends to have most of the equipment you need to survive, and there is a good chance supply boxes (mostly small, but sometimes large ones as well) spawn there.

As for regular MP, my sniper woes continue. I see opponents pull of the most insane knee-jerk quickscope kills, but my shots miss even when I take my time to aim at the head. It is legitimately infuriating, because you can't actually trust your crosshair. A shot aimed square at someone's head will just miss.

Oct 26, 2017
Just started playing this today with brother. How are servers still shit after being out so long? We just had a game where he was down to 3 people left in BR, and...disconnected. Has happened a few times today.

Fun game other than that.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing this today with brother. How are servers still shit after being out so long? We just had a game where he was down to 3 people left in BR, and...disconnected. Has happened a few times today.

Fun game other than that.

Word. The Black Ops subfranchise has 4 out of my 5 most played multiplayer shooters of the decade I think. They feel so good, they're so much fun to play. And yet, certain issues like connection instability and trash spawns just remain, as if arena shooters haven't figured this shit out like 2 decades ago. I can't understand.

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
As in all BR games, I tend to drop to a likely deserted location farthest away possible with good chances of decent loot. With enough houses I can still loot probably well enough, and given my position it's likely I can get the jump on the first opponent I encounter, getting even more loot. It works rather well, I don't even play Blackout often and yet I have a rather high percentage of high finishes.

Yeah I do the same. But I think the deserted locations I pick aren't good for stocking up.

Do you know where Woods' helicopter is (it's an unnamed location)? Just to the north of it you have a few smaller buildings where I tend to drop. Normally nobody else drops there unless the drop path is extremely close to it, and you can usually get quite some decent gear there. Then once you've looted it you can go to Woods' helicopter and loot that, or you can take the Quad and leave.

Good call - I haven't checked that spot out as a drop spot but I'll give it a shot!

Asylum, but the twist is, not in the proper asylum. I go first on the mansion north of it, there's a couple of room and I usually get some basic gear there. Then I go to the labyrinth, and when I'm done with both, I have a Lv2 armor, 200 hp and a ton of ammo/full decked assault rifle. There's nobody there 95% of the time. They all go to the asylum first. From there, if you go uphill behind the asylum, there's a quad available if you need to gtfo fast !

Interesting. I don't know much about that area because I know the asylum is a hot spot, so I stay clear. But I'll try your plan and see what happens.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Just going to be honest here, I don't care about any issues until they fix the spawning first. It is beyond a joke. I'm still doing well and getting high scores, but I lose streaks a lot due to how horrible the spawns are. Trying to predict them is all over the place.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
On the X1, the scroll bar in it's current state is actually broken. Almost every time I loot someone it locks up and I can't search the bag unless I pull away from it and try it again. It's incredibly frustrating in the middle of a fight having to go through all that to find ammo or nades.

I read this on reddit....

If you encounter that bug, press Up on the d-pad to open the quick menu then just close it. It fixes that bag issue.

Much quicker than having to step away from the bag and go back.

Firing Range and Rivertown are my 2 favorite spots.

Firing Range, I would land at that American building (the one with the American flag on the roof). If people decide to land there, then I'll land at the building right next to it.

In terms of Rivertown, there's a small area next to the gas station with 3 buildings I loot. Rarely see people there.

Just had a 15 kill solo victory a few moments ago. That's my record. ABR and MOG are my babies. Both do work. The SG and SWAT are good as well.

Looking forward to that new looting system, as well as those limited time events. Still waiting on them to increase the Blackout levels, too! I will be shocked if they added a prestige system but will love them forever, haha.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Man, those MOG camos will take forever to unlock. Even at point blank range it seems impossible to one hit kill someone.

Speaking of one hit kills: I am trying to complete all the precision challenges and "Hard Stop" in particular gives me trouble. You need to score a headshot and a one shot, one kill at the same time. Would it be a better idea to grind this challenge in hardcore? I have been sniping in core, but I consider myself lucky if I score even three headshots given the frantic pace of the matches. While I still have 215 kills to go...

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Man, those MOG camos will take forever to unlock. Even at point blank range it seems impossible to one hit kill someone.

Speaking of one hit kills: I am trying to complete all the precision challenges and "Hard Stop" in particular gives me trouble. You need to score a headshot and a one shot, one kill at the same time. Would it be a better idea to grind this challenge in hardcore? I have been sniping in core, but I consider myself lucky if I score even three headshots given the frantic pace of the matches. While I still have 215 kills to go...
I was using the MOG today and losing gunfights at point blank range with it. Hardcore is by far, the easiest route to go.

zerosum

Oct 27, 2017
Could someone fucking explain to me why ever since Wednesday, I've not gotten a single win, they are all blow outs x2, and my KDR has went from a bit over 2.0 to under 0.5? EVERY SINGLE ROUND?

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018

This is why you should go and play hardcore. Don't waste your time in core

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Humiliation: Surprise challenge finally complete. Completed it in Core, glad I didn't have to resort to the Hardcore method.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I was using the MOG today and losing gunfights at point blank range with it. Hardcore is by far, the easiest route to go.
This is why you should go and play hardcore. Don't waste your time in core
I will give it a try tomorrow. My aim has been horrendous all day long. Combine that with the good old "enemies appearing a second later on my screen than I do on theirs" and I am done for today. Blegh.

Oct 28, 2017
I love it when enemies spawn right behind me. It's great fun.
Yeah, the multiplayer in this is about as awful as it was when the game released.
In before the "you just suck" replies.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Nice, 26 games without going under 1.00 k/d (not counting 3 matches that I quit immediately because they were running and my team was far behind). Playing a bit slower really pays off.

Yeah, the multiplayer in this is about as awful as it was when the game released.

You don't suck, you simply don't have the right pace. Don't know if you are CoD veteran or new to the series, but for me it's my second CoD I play online. My first was BO3 for about 25 hours and now I'm at 55 hours in BO4 and I'd say I'm slowly getting used to the right pace for the last 2 - 3 hours.
I don't remember when the last enemy was spawned into my back, so it's been some hours. Maybe 10 or 15 hours ago. Simply because I always watch the mini map. But my pace was still ass because I played way to aggressive. Most times I ran right into the enemies hands. Now I'm trying to play a lot slower and let them run into my hands.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Use the default class MOG. It comes with choke and long barrel I think. That's what I used to grind out my MOG until all attachments were unlocked.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I read this on reddit....

If you encounter that bug, press Up on the d-pad to open the quick menu then just close it. It fixes that bag issue.

Much quicker than having to step away from the bag and go back.

Firing Range and Rivertown are my 2 favorite spots.

Firing Range, I would land at that American building (the one with the American flag on the roof). If people decide to land there, then I'll land at the building right next to it.

In terms of Rivertown, there's a small area next to the gas station with 3 buildings I loot. Rarely see people there.

Just had a 15 kill solo victory a few moments ago. That's my record. ABR and MOG are my babies. Both do work. The SG and SWAT are good as well.

Looking forward to that new looting system, as well as those limited time events. Still waiting on them to increase the Blackout levels, too! I will be shocked if they added a prestige system but will love them forever, haha.

Didn't know this trick. Thanks!

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

Spawns are an issue in every COD game. You don't suck. But this isn't a prison sentence - it's a videogame. If you don't enjoy playing the MP or Blackout (and assuming zombies as well) then why are you playing it at all? Life is short. Spend your time playing games that you actually like.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

I've been dropping with my quad group in a few places after getting tired of landing in Firing Range since it's too spicy. The only thing with quads is that you have to land in area where everyone can get good loot and areas like Firing Range are great for that.

1) The office building area surrounding Turbine on the southeast side of the map.
2) The group of 5 houses across the river from Rivertown and north of the Zombie boxing ring area.
3) Way up north there are 2 two-story blue office buildings northwest of Hydro Dam.
4) White Barn area of the farm. White Barn is across from Firing Range and usually has a bunch of guns there. You can stock up and then clean up in Firing Range after everyone has killed each other in the opening minutes of the match.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Treyarch's team balancing is just a piece of shit, if you're a solo player with good k/d and high spm the game loves nothing more than putting 3 or 4 clueless players on your team, and they'll always drag you down, then you'll get annoyed and pissed off dragging yourself down even further.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got 200 kills with Combat Knife. Now I can go for the hardest challenge: get 5 kills without dying 5 times... It's really hard when the game is so fast. The hit detection on melee also really sucks.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Almost got diamond snipers and both gold shotguns. Next is smgs and pistols. I think I'll do tac rifles last. For the Killer challenge I just need 4 more Quad Feeds. I got a mega kill and it was 0 quad feeds.....

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Damn, hardcore is really weird. But in a good way. Just got a collateral double headshot with the ICR of all guns.

I like how... peaceful... the mode feels. No killcams, every gun kills in 1-2 shots anyway, lack of hud means a lot less stimuli to overcook your brain... I could get used to this.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Looks like KFC Gaming will be announcing what I assume to be a Blackout tournament called KFC Royale tomorrow

Some of the names I spotted in the video:
  • Spratt
  • Vikstaar
  • TommyT
  • Cyanide
  • Gaz
  • MiniLadd
  • MarleyThirteen
  • Terroriser
  • Daithi
  • PsiSyn
  • iTemp
  • CodenamePizza
  • Syndicate
  • Zerkaa
  • MrDalekJD
Video also has the date January 14th in it

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In this Chaos playlist I'm always put on the team that gets blown out. Like WTF can be on a winning team please. I be having good game even while still getting blown out.

Deleted member 19782

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Blackout is getting stale after reaching Max Echelon. Zombies is no longer survival focused but Easter Egg focused now and Multiplayer is so unbalanced and stale. Anyone else feeling the same way?

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Man, i need some Blackout friends. I'm a decent player, just having alot of bad luck with randoms. Anyone wanna play on Ps4? Add me if so, PSN is deadlytaco

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Blackout is getting stale after reaching Max Echelon. Zombies is no longer survival focused but Easter Egg focused now and Multiplayer is so unbalanced and stale. Anyone else feeling the same way?
Not at all. I don't play zombies so don't know about that. My only issue in multiplayer apart from the ridiculous spawns is the broken matchmaking. I get teamed up with people like me prestige 6 or higher and play against a team that's new to the game or the other way around.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In Blackout last night, a guy melted me in like a second last night despite my 200HP and level 2 fully loaded shield. No idea why it always takes me a couple seconds of precise shots to do the same with just about any weapon.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Not at all. I don't play zombies so don't know about that. My only issue in multiplayer apart from the ridiculous spawns is the broken matchmaking. I get teamed up with people like me prestige 6 or higher and play against a team that's new to the game or the other way around.

I started leaving matches like that. For some reason teambalancing does a shit job at separating the super try hards, even in Mercenary playlists.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they introduce skillbased matchmaking/teambalancing in a CoD some years ago and everybody was crying about it?

Yes, they did. Game was most fun back then. MLG lobbyhobbing quickscopers with 4.5 K/Ds inflated by pubstomps were suddenly matched against people of their skills, and suddenly they had to face to fact they are not Gods on Earth. Newcomers were able to not die every second in noob-friendly lobbies with much slower gameplay. Average/slighty-above-average players would have hard fought and close battles among similarly skilled people. Suddenly, people weren't alternating 0.33 matches with 5.67 K/D ones, but ratios were starting to normalize a bit, as you'd always find people around your skill level to make every match exciting, balanced and fun.

Fun? Balance? That's not what the online game communities are about, most of them are only in this to show their epeen to the world and prove they are some godlike champions because they can murder the shit out of people who just bought the game last night. That's what COD (and most online games) are to most people. The blowback was largely predictable, and chances are no COD will try this again in quite some time. If anything I can see them slowly phase this into future games, but the community reacts poorly to everything that makes them die more than once every 5 enemy encounters, and balancing would definitely ensure this.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yes, they did. Game was most fun back then. MLG lobbyhobbing quickscopers with 4.5 K/Ds inflated by pubstomps were suddenly matched against people of their skills, and suddenly they had to face to fact they are not Gods on Earth. Newcomers were able to not die every second in noob-friendly lobbies with much slower gameplay. Average/slighty-above-average players would have hard fought and close battles among similarly skilled people. Suddenly, people weren't alternating 0.33 matches with 5.67 K/D ones, but ratios were starting to normalize a bit, as you'd always find people around your skill level to make every match exciting, balanced and fun.

Fun? Balance? That's not what the online game communities are about, most of them are only in this to show their epeen to the world and prove they are some godlike champions because they can murder the shit out of people who just bought the game last night. That's what COD (and most online games) are to most people. The blowback was largely predictable, and chances are no COD will try this again in quite some time. If anything I can see them slowly phase this into future games, but the community reacts poorly to everything that makes them die more than once every 5 enemy encounters, and balancing would definitely ensure this.

It's no fun unless I have 5 streaks up all the time!

Last CoD I played online was MW. But I remember this and I definitely remember people enjoying it not crying about it..

It happenedd later as well. There is always bitching. If you can't pub stomp all the time the people online start bitching. Even if there is a whiff of something resembling skill based matchmaking people start to freak out.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017

I love when I get a really good game with a 5.00 or above... who doesn't love when everything works great and every bullet hits and you feel like you are cheating because you are winning gunfights with only some HP left, but I'd rather got 1.1 - 1.6 every game than hopping between 0.3 and 20.0 in a couple of days.

Last CoD I played online was MW. But I remember this and I definitely remember people enjoying it not crying about it..

As FairyEmpire mentioned I think all the pubstompers started crying because they were just going 1.5 instead of 10.0.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Skillbased Matchmaking is a horrible idea. Skill taking priority over connection is wrong, and then on top of that, if you want to play based on skill, play league play/ranked. We don't need normal public lobbies to be a similar, less gimped version of league play.

Normal public games are absolutely fine as is, all that needs fixing is team balancing and spawning. Nerf some guns too and we're all good.