• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me I totally forgot to update the game while watching the recordings of Smackdown and Flash. Now I gotta wait with this update.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
The new looting is sooooo much better!

There's still that bug, though, where the bag might freeze up and won't let you pick up anything.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The lobbies in this game drive me nuts sometimes.

> Full lobby
> Map gets picked
> Five people leave
> Matchmaking finds four new people
> Timer approaches 10 seconds left
> 9...
> 8...
> 7...
> Four people leave
> Timer resets to 10
> Another ten seconds pass before matchmaking finds three new people
> Countdown begins again
> Beeping starts, almost there
> One person leaves
> Timer resets to 10.

Repeat ad infinitum.

I wish they let TDM matchs start with 4 vs. 4, or better 3 vs. 3. The remaining slots can be filled while the map loads and during the pre-match class select. People drafted in this way won't be able to immediately bug out either.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, chaos control is amazing

300px-SA2_Chaos_Control.png

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish they would hasten up the pre-game portion of Blackout. When the player count is hanging at 97 for like half a minute, then it finally decides to go with that and countdown for another 30 seconds. I just want to get in more matches between the rounds where I land to find untouched rooms full of no weapons and get immediately rushed by a guy with an SG-12.

Oct 25, 2017
So like are new maps really in rotation now?
They were, but they're back in Map Pack Moshpit now.

When they put the maps in rotation, they did not separate DLC and non-DLC players at all, and even had a yellow triangle indicator next to every player that didn't have the DLC. This revealed how few players actually have the season pass. I don't know what they are going to do to fix this.

Oct 25, 2017
A weird minor gripe I have, but I hate how long it takes for your Snipers Nest to leave the area after finishing, to then call in the Attack Chopper.

It feels like an eternity.

Oct 26, 2017
California
I really wish they would hasten up the pre-game portion of Blackout. When the player count is hanging at 97 for like half a minute, then it finally decides to go with that and countdown for another 30 seconds. I just want to get in more matches between the rounds where I land to find untouched rooms full of no weapons and get immediately rushed by a guy with an SG-12.
Yep. Or add an autoqueue option of some sort to find a new lobby as soon as all the members of your party are dead.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They were, but they're back in Map Pack Moshpit now.

When they put the maps in rotation, they did not separate DLC and non-DLC players at all, and even had a yellow triangle indicator next to every player that didn't have the DLC. This revealed how few players actually have the season pass. I don't know what they are going to do to fix this.

This is interesting I guess I didn't notice the triangle. I'm suprised they called themselves out on that.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Played 2 matches, and based on those I think it's shit. You'd think it's fast paced, well it's not at all, I'd say it's quite a bit slower than regular Quads for some reason. Then the 5th circle (also the last one in this mode) is just one chaotic cluster fuck with absolutely 0 tactics where you never get a second of rest because you have over 10 teams of 4 in 1 huge battle.
I much prefer the LTM with faster moving circles and close range combat weapons only.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Played 2 matches, and based on those I think it's shit. You'd think it's fast paced, well it's not at all, I'd say it's quite a bit slower than regular Quads for some reason. Then the 5th circle (also the last one in this mode) is just one chaotic cluster fuck with absolutely 0 tactics where you never get a second of rest because you have over 10 teams of 4 in 1 huge battle.
I much prefer the LTM with faster moving circles and close range combat weapons only.

What kit/weapons do they give you when you spawn back in?

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Why the fuck am I the only one in my team who takes down UAVs when there are 3 at once in the air?

Did they make spawns worse since the patch? Also more shots are not connecting even when I'm directly on my target.

Thrown into a 16 - 38 match, quit, thrown into a 21 - 53 match, quit, thrown into a 16 - 41 match. Really, fuck this shit.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Going to try my luck with the Outlaw in HC. It never worked out for me in Core because I couldn't reliably get those one-shot kills. But that shouldn't be a problem in HC and I just love its design.

You'd think it's fast paced, well it's not at all, I'd say it's quite a bit slower than regular Quads for some reason.
I can see teams playing a lot less aggressively, at least if they lost team members along the way, just to get back to full strength with the next circle. With the knowledge in mind that enemy teams will also be back to full strength, it doesn't exactly push teams into fast-paced, aggressive play like the previous fast collapse mode.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
New mode definitely needs 2 changes ASAP:
  1. Way more ammo to scavenge from the ground. In the last circle the pace gets so ridiculously fast that looting becomes impossible while you often have to shoot a lot, the game basically forces you to avoid enemy engagements if you want to win
  2. Increased storm damage, especially near the end. The entire map was closed off yet I could regain health using bandages faster than I was losing it

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Turns out the Outlaw isn't viable, even with a Reflex, without the stabilizer, which they put behind a level 12 lock. Whereas the Paladin stabilizer, in comparison, is unlocked quite early.

butwhy.gif

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I think the game wants me to quit for today...

They were, but people without the season pass had a "sign of shame" on their name, turned at that about 80 - 90 % don't have the season pass, so Treyarch took them out of rotation.
At this point just release all the maps free and give the season pass owners something in return.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Did they make spawns worse since the patch?
Sure felt like it just now. Joined two games mid-match. First match I spawned and two seconds later Nomad's dog caught me. I respawned at the same spot and got killed before I can even make it out of the "spawn square" (the garden in Hacienda) by a dude with a rocket lawnchair.

Second game I joined (Morocco) I got killed near the garage and the game actually let me spawn in that square before the big staircase while an enemy camped on the small stairs to the right, looking out over the spawn zone.

No tac deploys were in play, mind you.

And to rub it in: third game started of normal, until I got a connection interrupted a minute in. My second since the patch and my second overall. Don't know if the two are connected, but it sure feels like it.

I am honestly not sure why my connection is so seemingly slow to begin with. I have a 110 - 140 Mbps connection, wired, but in-game my bandwidth sits around 4 Mbps (2 when I get those connection interrupted errors, oddly). Or is ~4 Mbps simply the maximum the game requires?

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
New mode definitely needs 2 changes ASAP:
  1. Way more ammo to scavenge from the ground. In the last circle the pace gets so ridiculously fast that looting becomes impossible while you often have to shoot a lot, the game basically forces you to avoid enemy engagements if you want to win
  2. Increased storm damage, especially near the end. The entire map was closed off yet I could regain health using bandages faster than I was losing it
I dunno, you can pretty easily have 200+ rounds on each weapon after a couple of minutes. You're either wasting a loooot of ammo or not looting enough if you struggle with that. Also, one huge mistake is picking 2 weapons that use same ammo.

I agree about the zone damage, but only in the beginning. When it starts chunking like 10 every second, you can outheal it, sure, but that drains all your healing really fast. And it's impossible to outheal in the final circle. Maybe not if you have the perk. The damage could be more throughout. I definitely wouldn't object. But if I made a list of issues in Blackout, that probably wouldn't make top 20.

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017
Sure felt like it just now. Joined two games mid-match. First match I spawned and two seconds later Nomad's dog caught me. I respawned at the same spot and got killed before I can even make it out of the "spawn square" (the garden in Hacienda) by a dude with a rocket lawnchair.

Second game I joined (Morocco) I got killed near the garage and the game actually let me spawn in that square before the big staircase while an enemy camped on the small stairs to the right, looking out over the spawn zone.

No tac deploys were in play, mind you.

And to rub it in: third game started of normal, until I got a connection interrupted a minute in. My second since the patch and my second overall. Don't know if the two are connected, but it sure feels like it.

I am honestly not sure why my connection is so seemingly slow to begin with. I have a 110 - 140 Mbps connection, wired, but in-game my bandwidth sits around 4 Mbps (2 when I get those connection interrupted errors, oddly). Or is ~4 Mbps simply the maximum the game requires?
It's not you, it's CoD netcode. Everyone thought 60 Hz was the solution, but nah, netcode is still trash. It needs to be rewritten from the ground-up.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Figured I might as well try to unlock gold for the Outlaw as I try to get it to max level (almost 12 now). Halfway through Mother of Pearl now. I somehow managed to get one bloodthirsty as well. My overall k/d is definitely taking a beating, though.

Once again, lag doesn't help. So many times when I shoot someone square in the head and it just doesn't register. It is bad enough with (semi-)automatics, but with sniper rifles it is crucial you can trust your cross hairs.

It's not you, it's CoD netcode. Everyone thought 60 Hz was the solution, but nah, netcode is still trash. It needs to be rewritten from the ground-up.
Didn't they scale it down from 60 Hz in the beta to 20 Hz in the actual release?

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Played today for the first time after the latest patch. Haven't seen the "you don't have season pass" icon in any lobby

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Figured I might as well try to unlock gold for the Outlaw as I try to get it to max level (almost 12 now). Halfway through Mother of Pearl now. I somehow managed to get one bloodthirsty as well. My overall k/d is definitely taking a beating, though.

Once again, lag doesn't help. So many times when I shoot someone square in the head and it just doesn't register. It is bad enough with (semi-)automatics, but with sniper rifles it is crucial you can trust your cross hairs.

Didn't they scale it down from 60 Hz in the beta to 20 Hz in the actual release?
Was bumped up to 60hz again once the launch frenzy was over

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Newb question. What the fuck am I doing with the reactor core skill? There is a 'hood e' meter at the bottom of the screen, but I don't get what I am doing.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Newb question. What the fuck am I doing with the reactor core skill? There is a 'hood e' meter at the bottom of the screen, but I don't get what I am doing.
By pressing and holding E your character pulls out a reactor core, which damages everyone around him in a certain radius. Note that this radius extends through walls (ceilings and floors included), objects, etc. As you are doing this, a meter appears on screen. When it turns red, the radiation starts damaging yourself as well, which is about the time you want to release E. You don't have to, but you will eventually die from the radiation.

I am not sure about the distance it covers, but it is fairly close quarters. Maybe 5 meters? I don't have lot of experience using it, so it is hard to say. You might want to jump into a custom game with a friend (or just with bots) and experiment with it. While you can move while using it, you will do so very slowly. So it is best not to use it out in the open, since anyone not affected by it can simply kill you from a distance.

The radiation counts as burn damage, by the way, which means that enemies who live through it are unable to heal themselves for about 15 seconds.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at my stats I am legitimately surprised at how well I'm doing this game. In the first year or so that I played COD I played it slow, smart, a bit campy, and that would net me a 1.5 or so K/D. As I moved to a more aggressive, objective-heavy style, that slowly stabilized on 1.2-1.4, depending on the game. Besides my EKIA ratio which is obviously a lot higher than usual, I'm also rocking a satisfying (for me) 1.8+ K/D. It seems like I'm feeling this game a lot more for some reason. And especially these past few weeks there have been very few matches where I didn't go above my ratio, so I'm still rising too.