• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm based in NYC myself. I'll add you.

Cool, I'm always on late.

Because of girlfriend, dog, work and gym and don't play that much during the week. I'm mostly online from 7 pm CET until 8 pm CET, that'll be 1 pm until 2 pm in NYC. Wednesdays I don't go to the gym and I often have time to play until about 10 pm / 4 pm. Weekends I usually got plenty of time and I often play until late in the night when both my girlfriend and dog are sleeping.

EU. How about you?

I'm UK, but always on late.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The exclamation mark symbol is back, too, but less pronounced and it is only visible in your personal lobby.

Also the new Transcaucasian facepaint that was suddenly available for Zero was part of a set, which is live now in the PS4 shop. The facepaint itself isn't available anymore without this set, sadly.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
New Black Market event has gone live: it is called Barbarians and aside from various costumes, emotes and tags/emblems/etc you unlock the new Kap-45 pistol at tier 25/25.

Event will last a month.

I must admit I like that stuff. Skins are a bit boring, but the stickers and calling cards are really cool.

Cool, I'm always on late.

I'm UK, but always on late.

Ok, I'll add you. I'm always on late on weekends.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
The GKS is alright I guess. It just doesn't have enough oomph to keep up with the other SMGs at close range or the ARs at medium range. Hoping to get diamond SMGs before I get to the next prestige.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Whole new special event in black market on PS4 (assume 1 week delay for pc/xb1), "Barbarians" which adds 25 levels of stuff over 27 days, ending the same day as Contraband. Pretty nice double dip of free stuff, definitely need to keep that rolling always to keep blops4 feeling a bit fresh. A new full auto pistol unlocks at 25, KAP 45.

As long as you can completely ignore the special orders/$ shop its fun playing blops4 a few times a week and advancing the black market tiers for some digital phat loot. Its definitely nowhere near the league of Fortnite in terms of progression and tweaks, and I definitely sorta regret buying the season pass that was a waste of money.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I must admit I like that stuff. Skins are a bit boring, but the stickers and calling cards are really cool.
It was a nice surprise. Outfits could be better (no Seraph outfit, boo!) but some nice calling cards and the Hades camo is a nice bonus as well.

Besides, it is always nice to earn free goodies while playing.

Speaking of which, the reserves have graced me with three outfits in a row, one epic even, but none for characters I actually use. The streak was broken by a Fire Break exclusive tag of all things.

The reserves giveth and the reserves taketh away...

Oct 25, 2017
Many people on the blackops4 reddit are complaining about the new pistol's attachments being glitched - the attachments don't work, even sights will not show up. So don't spend any COD Points to unlock it early, looks like all the people paying real money are beta testing the gun for us.

Oct 26, 2017
California
Another quads win during my lunch hour. Somehow my two surviving teammates and I each ended up with 2 sensor darts and level two armors. That made things a breeze. Shoutout to the SWAT and the ABR. Nothing like them.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to actually play the Gauntlet, I think the mode has potential but the one on Voyage I feel has an obnoxious combination of rounds that can make it a bit annoying to actually play. The multiple Essex-only rounds, the reset round, and the no-pack round are pretty obnoxious in combination with each-other especially since they're all near the end of the Gauntlet where things start getting hard enough to survive on Voyage even without all the restrictions. The best strategy I found is to do the Free Kraken Easter Egg but don't pick it up until after the reset, then don't pack it until after the no pack round while using the catalyst body parts to keep getting ammo for it. Then just always have a Essex that's as upgraded as it can be until after the 2nd time and then get another one and fully upgrade it after the reset. My 2nd run I got lucky and my box weapon for the round 9 challenge happened to be a Kraken so I had a Kraken pretty much the whole game. One other obnoxious restriction in the mode is that they make the box move after you use it like 3 times, so it's brutally time consuming to roll the box until you get the Kraken/Homoculous. That's why I would strongly suggest doing the free Kraken egg.

Going forward I think the mode has potential. I like the wave defense stuff, and challenges like no HUD I think are pretty interesting. But like I said before the Essex only and no pack rounds can both completely take you by surprise and screw you over as well as be pretty long and tedious even if you go into them knowing what to expect. It's a fun enough diversion.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Is it National Teamkilling Day or something? My brother has been teamkilled on purpose 3 times in the last hour lmao

I've been team killed on purpose once in the 3 months since the game has launched. It's actually remarkable how little it's happened compared to something like Siege. The good thing about Blackout is that team mates can't loot your bag if they kill you. They can see what's in it but they can't actually grab anything.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I've been team killed on purpose once in the 3 months since the game has launched. It's actually remarkable how little it's happened compared to something like Siege. The good thing about Blackout is that team mates can't loot your bag if they kill you. They can see what's in it but they can't actually grab anything.
Yeah I myself have yet to be teamkilled once, while it was quite bad during the Beta.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
FUCKKK NUKETOWN JESUS ASS CHRIST

Which fucking idiots keep requesting for the dumbest map to ever be created to show up in ever god damn game??

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Nuketown is like the only map that gets people to vote. I usually just camp it out in the balconies. Pick Torque, set up a million defenses. pick an LMG with FMJ. Mow everyone down.

The default LMG class is actually really fun. You can shoot through pretty much anything on the map. I wonder if you do Titan, FMJ I/II, and Oppressor if the effect carries over through objects?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The frustrating thing about Nuketown is enemies being able to move freely through the middle somehow, skipping, picking daisies, whistling, whereas I get riddled with bullets from eight directions before I even make it out of the goddamn buildings.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
That's my thing. I don't know how enemies get behind me when allegedly we have people watching every entrance and the spawns haven't flipped. Like they just waltz into the house...

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
The GKS is alright I guess. It just doesn't have enough oomph to keep up with the other SMGs at close range or the ARs at medium range. Hoping to get diamond SMGs before I get to the next prestige.
I just got gold on it and I felt it was terrible. When the opposing team is using Spitfires, Maddoxes or tactical rifles you just get out gunned in almost any direct confrontation. Probably didn't help that I was using suppressor most of the time. I moved on to the Cordite and it feels way better so far.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
I just got gold on it and I felt it was terrible. When the opposing team is using Spitfires, Maddoxes or tactical rifles you just get out gunned in almost any direct confrontation. Probably didn't help that I was using suppressor most of the time. I moved on to the Cordite and it feels way better so far.

It might be a bit different on console (Low dps easy to control weapons like the ICR and the Titan typically are better on console compared to PC) but on PC it's easily the worst fully automatic weapon in the game. The gun's TTK outside of point-blank range is almost 50% slower then most of the other weapons in the game even at close range meaning that you basically have to hit every single shot to even have a chance at winning in a fair fight as well as hope your opponent misses quite a few shots. Statistical time to kill isn't everything (Otherwise everyone would just be running around with a Skull Splitter Mozu) but this gun's DPS is so low that it's just a struggle to actually win gunfights. The Quickdraw and Long Barrel are both super useful attachments and the gun's irons are arguably the best in the game, if you use both of those it can be alright as long barrel massively improves its long range DPS which is just about the only reason to use the GKS over other SMGs, but even still the gun generally gets massively outgunned at any range by most weapons regardless of your setup. It's not unusably bad but it feels like an uphill battle whenever you use it.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Not sure about the concussion changes. At the very least they won't be so effective at a range anymore and overall it is better than nothin. But in a close range fight, being able to change weapons or throw something yourself does little to prevent you from dying when your opponent throws one in your face and immediately opens fire.

Level 3 armor change sounds good, though.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Fuck, this game is like some kind of weird drug to me. Didn't want to play multiplayer anymore, ended up playing 19 matches yesterday.
I wish we could disable the map packs, because it takes a bit longer to find matches now.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Some upcoming changes to lvl3 armor, concussions and cluster grenades

Great changes overall IMO

Last 2 are like 2 months late at least, but better late than never.

And it really gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling that it takes someone a bit more to repair their armor after killing me. Just give it up. Lvl 3 was a mistake and they've only been making the situation worse recently. Even this change is counterproductive to the purpose of armor plates in the first place.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Last 2 are like 2 months late at least, but better late than never.

And it really gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling that it takes someone a bit more to repair their armor after killing me. Just give it up. Lvl 3 was a mistake and they've only been making the situation worse recently. Even this change is counterproductive to the purpose of armor plates in the first place.

Not directing this at you here, but I personally still think the majority of complaints about Level 3 are overblown at this point. I agree with Vondahaar. It should be in the game but tweaked and balanced. I think it's definitely getting close. I mean, Level 3 has to be something special to be level 3 otherwise what's the point of it, right? People should feel excited when they find it. It should give you an edge in a fight.

In terms of concussions changes, this is definitely a step in the right direction but out of everything in the game, I think they should be removed just like the 9 bang. In fact, I'd argue that it's the most OP thing in the game at this point - more so then level 3 or decked out sniper rifles.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Not directing this at you here, but I personally still think the majority of complaints about Level 3 are overblown at this point. I agree with Vondahaar. It should be in the game but tweaked and balanced. I think it's definitely getting close. I mean, Level 3 has to be something special to be level 3 otherwise what's the point of it, right? People should feel excited when they find it. It should give you an edge in a fight.

In terms of concussions changes, this is definitely a step in the right direction but out of everything in the game, I think they should be removed just like the 9 bang. In fact, I'd argue that it's the most OP thing in the game at this point - more so then level 3 or decked out sniper rifles.
Players shouldn't by luck stumble upon something significantly stronger than what their opponents are going to have. If you want to keep lvl 3, make it a reward for something significant.

That's why I disagree with the previous fix of just making it rarer. That exacerbates the problem as I see it instead of diminishing it.

The proposed fix is bad because it's against the core idea of "don't punish fighting". They've worked hard on making that a thing and now they're going back on it since they want to balance lvl 3 without addressing the core of the issue with it.

Concussion and cluster are both far more egregious than lvl3 imo.

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, this game is like some kind of weird drug to me. Didn't want to play multiplayer anymore, ended up playing 19 matches yesterday.
I wish we could disable the map packs, because it takes a bit longer to find matches now.
The game does not seem to separate pass owners and non-owners at all. I'm still getting lots of low level players as a pass owner. Seems like they just hid the yellow triangle.

The chances of getting a DLC map are really low like this. It's really shitty how they handled DLC this time anyway - we're 3 months in to the 13 month life cycle and only have two new maps. Assuming the next maps come with the next "operation" they have to introduce more than two maps.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
The game does not seem to separate pass owners and non-owners at all. I'm still getting lots of low level players as a pass owner. Seems like they just hid the yellow triangle.

The chances of getting a DLC map are really low like this. It's really shitty how they handled DLC this time anyway - we're 3 months in to the 13 month life cycle and only have two new maps. Assuming the next maps come with the next "operation" they have to introduce more than two maps.

Really? Because it seemed to took a bit longer than usual to find a match (before about 2 - 5 seconds, now about 10 seconds). And I have played 3 out 19 matches on the new maps. 2 of those matches I was directly thrown into and 1 time it appeared after random map has been voted and only 1 or 2 people left the lobby.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Players shouldn't by luck stumble upon something significantly stronger than what their opponents are going to have. If you want to keep lvl 3, make it a reward for something significant.

That's why I disagree with the previous fix of just making it rarer. That exacerbates the problem as I see it instead of diminishing it.

The proposed fix is bad because it's against the core idea of "don't punish fighting". They've worked hard on making that a thing and now they're going back on it since they want to balance lvl 3 without addressing the core of the issue with it.

Yeah I'll never understand why they took level 3 armor out of the zombie staches. That was a great challenge / reward system to get level 3.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Just got diamond SMGs last night. The GKS just occupies a niche where it's outclassed by other options. It's the only gun that allowed people to turn and kill me.

It does SMG damage with an AR fire rate, basically the worst of two worlds. Every other SMG is pretty good. Cordite definitely needs rapid fire to reach its full potential.

LMGs, Tac Rifles, and secondaries are left. I'm trying to buffer my K/D right now before I get to the knife and potentially tank it. It's almost to a 3 just playing Core TDM. I also got a 49 kill game in core TDM last night. Almost had a 50 kill. I also had a 44 kill the game afterwards and we lost.......

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
This game is amazing really.

Let me play some solo TDM.

dd508355-f99d-458a-a5ff-2f6e7ebef45e.PNG

Hmmmm maybe I need to play with a buddy of mine that is competent.

db80ddf3-36f8-4523-bd8b-57c9409f5ac1.PNG

are these people fucking brain dead or something, I have never seen it this bad in other COD games, even in the crappy ones like Ghost and IW.

That particular game, they would literally bunch up in a small room together and the other team will just throw explosives at them and destroy all the time.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f393753725a784d4b506d4f3059773d3d2d3439383338373730392e313466393932316233623439666235383234323236323439393039302e6a7067

Rental

Oct 28, 2017

You can die to level 3 armor to someone with less. Yesterday it made the difference for me in one fight but I still only had 30 health and I was hitting my shots with a rampart. I think it's a good advantage it gives but it's not the end all if someone has it. If bet most wins come with level 2 or 1 even.

I honestly feel lvl 3 makes me a target when I have it. People will try to engage to get it from you. Level two and they will keep riding or flying past you.

LordValhalla

Jan 9, 2018
Is there a fix for the memory leak issue on PC? (all my googling just tells me to wait for a patch)

I bought the game because of the free weekend on Blackout. The game seemed to run fine for me then. Now I get crashes every time I try to play zombies. I have been able to play 2 multiplayer matches.
Super frustrating.
Running a MSI 2070 8Gb, Ryzen 5 1600, 16gb DDR4-3000

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm the worst troll when I play the multiplayer in this game. I just camp one room with Torque all map, and I use that equipment that lowers the cooldown on wire and barricade. I only emerge to shoot the enemy score streaks down. I don't ever play the objectives. I always vote for Firing Range, Nuketown, or other so that maybe it will pick Firing Range or Nuketown.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
Been about a month since I played this so I fired it up again last night. I am a big Black ops fan and I think Treyarch makes the best COD games but for whatever reason this game isn't doing it for me anymore.I cannot believe I am saying this but I enjoyed WW2 more. Between the guns and the maps It was just a more fun game.

For whatever reason this game is just very frustrating to me. Maybe because of the small maps, or because I am going for the Dark Matter camo and and the snipers are flat out impossible to use for me or maybe I am just sick of the money grab and the fact there are guns that I have just about no chance of ever getting.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Yes, half as much. This means that even if you have 5 armor plates (the maximum you can carry) you can only repair half of your lvl3 armor. You'll need your teammate(s) to give you another 5 armor plates to repair it fully.

Cool. This will make me more aggressive near the end of games because the chances that level 3 armor is near full strength will be much lower.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the hardest part of Blackout is that I have no idea how people are going to play situations in the endgame. I've played a lot of Fortnite and because of the building, it's a bit easier to read what people are doing since they tend to turtle in a build or push with ramps...

In Blackout though, I'm constantly confused by what's going on. Sometimes people are aggressive, sometimes people post up behind a tree/rock, sometimes duos stick together, sometimes they flank...it's just really hard to find patterns in what people are doing.

I'm getting pretty good at the game, with more top 10 finishes and more regularly getting 3-5+ kills in games, but I'm just not getting over the hump at the end. I've got one solo win and my buddy and I have no duo wins. Still loving the game, just having a tough time finding late game strategies that work.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Double XP and Double Weapon XP, nice... finally gonna prestige some weapons that suck.

Today was a good Black Ops day. Reached tier 100, gold for the ICR, gold for the Rampart and had some nice matches above a 2.00 and 3.00 EKIA.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Double XP is exciting. I'm cruising to 10th prestige while getting these camos. I'll have to use my unlock tokens for things like the mozu, swordfish, and knife so I'm not stuck waiting to unlock those guns.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Remind me to immediately leave the lobby the next time I see a clan of 3+ people join.

I'll have to use my unlock tokens for things like the mozu, swordfish, and knife so I'm not stuck waiting to unlock those guns.
Ugh, unlock tokens. I forgot about those. Makes me reconsider going for Prestige 2. Unlocking weapons is one thing, but I am loath to unlock wildcards and perks again.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Remind me to immediately leave the lobby the next time I see a clan of 3+ people join.

Ugh, unlock tokens. I forgot about those. Makes me reconsider going for Prestige 2. Unlocking weapons is one thing, but I am loath to unlock wildcards and perks again.

The worst wait for me is getting to Gunfighter 3 or whatever so you can actually have 5 attachments for the camo. With double XP it's not so bad though. I generally prestige asap so I ain't waiting for level 55 to come around to get the swordfish or knife. If either is the last I need for Dark Matter I'd be so impatient. Luckily I've unlocked my general loadout of perks and stuff so I'm pretty much good to go at level 5.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, half as much. This means that even if you have 5 armor plates (the maximum you can carry) you can only repair half of your lvl3 armor. You'll need your teammate(s) to give you another 5 armor plates to repair it fully.

After playing a game today with those proposed changes in mind it made me realize that change is going to have a pretty massive impact on the prevalence of Tier 3 armor. Best case scenario when killing someone you get it off a dead body when they started the fight at full armor and it's half broken, so you have to spend 4 plates to repair it to full. If it's already heavily damaged and you don't have a ton of plates between yourself and their corpse (and again due to how much it costs to repair now their amount of plates is likely going to be pretty low if they got into a couple gunfights) it might just be better for you to leave the armor there. It's better for you to be able to have a fully healthy tier 2 vest through the game then it is to have a tier 3 that will break mid-fight. And in squads unless you're overflowing with armor plates I don't really think it'll be that effective to funnel all the plates onto just one guy with tier 3 armor, I don't think it's worth it to keep one guy outfitted with tier 3 armor at the expense of everyone else. The change makes Tier 3 into more of a one-time use thing that can still be maintained if you play well, which means less of them overall.

The worst wait for me is getting to Gunfighter 3 or whatever so you can actually have 5 attachments for the camo. With double XP it's not so bad though. I generally prestige asap so I ain't waiting for level 55 to come around to get the swordfish or knife. If either is the last I need for Dark Matter I'd be so impatient. Luckily I've unlocked my general loadout of perks and stuff so I'm pretty much good to go at level 5.

Primary gunfighter 3 is one of the best permanent unlocks if you're grinding for Dark Matter for the exact reasons you listed there. Would highly recommend it.