• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Summit is so stupid. The spawns are out of control, the middle area is a hell-hole. I dont remember it being that awful in BO1, but the speed of this game really makes that map a circus.

Oct 27, 2017
Cant for the life of me get killstreaks in this. I dont know what it is, I run up on somebody and I get shot in the back or from the flank, or if there's two people in the same room? No chance since it takes 500 bullets to kill somebody now. Game seems to have changed drastically since the beta

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
It's not enjoyable as a solo player. It's the first COD I have ever felt that way.

I play just fine. I get kills, top of the leaderboard, but the team balancing is so that a solo player like myself is left out in the cold. I won a total of 13 games out of 40+. That simply isn't fun to me.

Every COD game before this I am positive in the W/L department. Every single one. And I played solo most of the time in them. This one is completely different. And it's a shame. Because yes, it is one of the best COD games in a while.

If you don't play solo.

I'd probably do the same if it were only the MP that was offered but Blackout is worth the $60 in my opinion. I tried TDM today again for the fuck of it and thought it was pure hot garbage.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Gridlock would be an actually competent map were it not for the snipers ledge and the overhead overpass that shields UAVs and prevents care packages.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Cant for the life of me get killstreaks in this. I dont know what it is, I run up on somebody and I get shot in the back or from the flank, or if there's two people in the same room? No chance since it takes 500 bullets to kill somebody now. Game seems to have changed drastically since the beta
What guns are you using? I was complaining about the 2 on 1s too, but I find I can melt people now that I have the right gun load outs. I still think the game spams too many enemies at once though, but hopefully they work that out with spawn updates

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
It's not enjoyable as a solo player. It's the first COD I have ever felt that way.

I play just fine. I get kills, top of the leaderboard, but the team balancing is so that a solo player like myself is left out in the cold. I won a total of 13 games out of 40+. That simply isn't fun to me.

Every COD game before this I am positive in the W/L department. Every single one. And I played solo most of the time in them. This one is completely different. And it's a shame. Because yes, it is one of the best COD games in a while.

If you don't play solo.
Sounds like shitty luck. The other games didn't have SBMM either so the matchmaking has always sucked in making fair teams.

One team with a 5 stack prestiged calling strats vs. my team with all green ranks and no eyeballs or thumbs. I'm used to it at this point, it wouldn't be CoD without shit team balancing.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

If you don't play solo.
I do agree it seems more team focused but I disagree that you can't do well playing solo though.

I've had plenty of 5:1 games. The ones that I do poorly is mostly when I Rambo it and rush like a headless chicken

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Probably the biggest thing that keeps tripping me up in Blackout is how fast people can move. I'm used to br games being slow enough that if I see a guy taking cover a ways away I can duck back into cover to reload or heal and when I peak back they'll be in generally the same spot, in this you blink and a guy that was half a mile away is suddenly right next to you.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
The perks kinda suck in this game, compared to Ww2. You could create fun Loadouts but here they're pretty boring.
Eh that's not a bad thing imo. Lots of crutch perks in the past, where there was no point of not using a select few because of how powerful they were. Now you can just roll with a couple perks and put more points in attachments or operator mods.

Oct 27, 2017
What guns are you using? I was complaining about the 2 on 1s too, but I find I can melt people now that I have the right gun load outs. I still think the game spams too many enemies at once though, but hopefully they work that out with spawn updates

I'm using the ICR, mx9, rampart, etc. Using combinations of FMJ, long barrel. I just cant get a flow going with anything. The closest I can get to streaks is when I'm using crash due to the constant flow of score.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Probably the biggest thing that keeps tripping me up in Blackout is how fast people can move. I'm used to br games being slow enough that if I see a guy taking cover a ways away I can duck back into cover to reload or heal and when I peak back they'll be in generally the same spot, in this you blink and a guy that was half a mile away is suddenly right next to you.
Limits the playstyles imo.

Is there a nuke in this game?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fully regret me hating that shotgun a couple pages ago.

This shit with choke plus rapid fire is so OP lol

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Gridlock would be an actually competent map were it not for the snipers ledge and the overhead overpass that shields UAVs and prevents care packages.
Yea some guy on the other team was sitting up on that bridge the entire game. I just avoided it but unfortunately a couple teammates kept trying to take him out with no success.

The old maps are good except Summit- Morocco, Seaside, Hacienda, Contraband, Frequency are all pretty good. Summit and Militia are meh
Icebreaker, Arsenal, Gridlock, Payload, suck.

I'm liking the KN-94 AR; I've always liked the AK or it's variants so it feels good. Not a lot of people seem to like it though, I like how I can put Stock on it. Also the Spitfire is really good, just got to have the right map for it.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Shotty should be one hit kill at point blank range. No chance to get a second shot off before getting sprayed by a smg
Wait till more people unlock that dual wielding SMG. The shotgun wont stand a chance and it'll regulated as a backup weapon only just like the past few CODs. I remember when shotguns were once a primary lol, how times have changed.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Mercenary TDM missing is one of my biggest issues so far.

Tired of getting matched up against squads of 3+ people.

Yeah, I don't know why the fuck they wouldn't have it.

Game does have a handful of glaring flaws that desperately need fixing, no idea how those ever even found their way in to the game. These are veteran CoD devs, they shouldn't be making rookie mistakes.

Wait till more people unlock that dual wielding SMG. The shotgun wont stand a chance and it'll regulated as a backup weapon only just like the past few CODs. I remember when shotguns were once a primary lol, how times have changed.

The micro UZI? You can permanently unlock one piece of gear every prestige, right? I'm fully expecting it'll be my first permanent unlock. Dual-wielding laser sight/long mag/fast mag UZIs sounds like peak Call of Duty.

But yeah, it's a bummer shotguns are secondary weapons nowadays. The pump shotgun can be fantastic and an absolute shitton of fun, but I expect that in a week or two it'll fade into need-buff-but-never-get-one obscurity when people start figuring the game out and unlocking more stuff.

Last edited:

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah, I don't know why the fuck they wouldn't have it.

Game does have a handful of glaring flaws that desperately need fixing, no idea how those ever even found their way in to the game. These are veteran CoD devs, they shouldn't be making rookie mistakes.

The micro UZI? You can permanently unlock one piece of gear every prestige, right? I'm fully expecting it'll be my first permanent unlock. Dual-wielding laser sight/long mag/fast mag UZIs sounds like peak Call of Duty.
Sounds like something people will bitch about and Treyarch will debuff it -.-

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

If you don't play solo.
I play solo and the only game mode I struggle with is Control, seems for me in the others unless I'm in a stacked Hardpoint game.

The stack should mainly move over to Ranked play once it opens up

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like something people will bitch about and Treyarch will debuff it -.-

Probably, lol. Which is why I'd like to unlock it asap. I want to play around with it before it gets nerfed to hell.

Should be able to reach level 52 by Saturday evening at this pace. I'm currently 35 I believe.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shotty should be one hit kill at point blank range. No chance to get a second shot off before getting sprayed by a smg

That's why I keep rapid fire on. My KD has shot up since maxing out my pump action. The armor and 200 health boost (which require to shots) have a chance of outgunning me, but I've been coming out victorious in those match ups...for the most part.

Feel like it's a matter of time before people catch onto the choke + rapid fire.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So uh.....I found an area that guarantees level 3 armor in a loot crate with tier 1 weapons including a sniper, and trauma kit. Every. Single. Game.

And no one ever goes there.

Blackout been super laggy in quads.
Its unplayable on consoles trying to do quads. I really hope this is first and foremost their perogative because I cant convince anyone to play backout with me and frankly I don't blame them.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
None of you are running into wonky behavior with the pump shotgun? Occasionally it seems to pump it twice for no apparent reason, essentially doubling the time between shots which has pretty much killed me every single time it has happened. I feel like it's connected to Gung-Ho, or at least I didn't notice it before I started sprinting-n-spraying.

Furio

Oct 25, 2017
So uh.....I found an area that guarantees level 3 armor in a loot crate with tier 1 weapons including a sniper, and trauma kit. Every. Single. Game.

Its unplayable on consoles trying to do quads. I really hope this is first and foremost their perogative because I cant convince anyone to play backout with me and frankly I don't blame them.

Share the wealth :P

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Played for the first time yesterday and Control is really fun. I really like the dynamic and match flow.

Blackout is also pretty awesome. I think they nailed what PUBG does but without the janky controls and a more fast paced game. I think it's what I wanted. Except I would like more progression, Fortnite nailed that. Also curious how they will handle updated. They won't beat Epic on that.

Overall, great fun and glad I'm back on Cod after Blops 3 (and a bit of IW a couple months ago). Just wish I had more time to play!

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

You on east coast? I can run duos with you. I won't touch quads until the lag is done.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its in the fracking factory area :P

I'll be a bit more generous and say theres actually two buildings where this seems to be the case. The second one isn't 100% but the first area in there I mentioned is 100%.
You on east coast? I can run duos with you. I won't touch quads until the lag is done.
West coast but I'm always on if you want to squad up.
I'm up for this. Gamertag is - RYAN WHITELAW
Sweet. Hoping off for the night but I'll be on whenever most days until I get bored with it.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a perk that lets you see through walls or something? I've been killed a few times by guys who have followed my movements behind objects

This is one of the latest as a guy follows me when I'm behind a tree.

God knows how he saw me. I thought he heard me but there was a guy walking around underneath him.

So, something like this happened to me yesterday. I was inside the stable in duos. My buddy died, so I hid in one of the compartments, they couldn't see me because I was laying low, they were looking the other way. I threw 'em a few grenades before hiding as I reloaded and got ready for the battle. They also launch multiple grenades to the exact compartment I hid into, and I can't escape in time, so I die. Watching the killcam, the dude who killed me kept aiming at where I was looking through the multiple layers of wooden walls inside the stable. Never once my body was visible, yet he knew exactly the direction I took, and the exact compartment I hid into as well. So he could launch grenades to a very specific location. I don't know if this is a hack, an exploit that allows them to make objects invisible or whatever the fuck, but boy it was odd.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So, something like this happened to me yesterday. I was inside the stable in duos. My buddy died, so I hid in one of the compartments, they couldn't see me because I was laying low, they were looking the other way. I threw 'em a few grenades before hiding as I reloaded and got ready for the battle. They also launch multiple grenades to the exact compartment I hid into, and I can't escape in time, so I die. Watching the killcam, the dude who killed me kept aiming at where I was looking through the multiple layers of wooden walls inside the stable. Never once my body was visible, yet he knew exactly the direction I took, and the exact compartment I hid into as well. So he could launch grenades to a very specific location. I don't know if this is a hack, an exploit that allows them to make objects invisible or whatever the fuck, but boy it was odd.
They probably shot a sensor at the building you were in and thats how they knew you were there.

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
im still stuck on only 2 wins since release day :(

just way to much camping even if it just started

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They probably shot a sensor at the building you were in and thats how they knew you were there.

I had engineer and there was nothing. And it was especially odd because as I said, they were following my movements through different layers. The minimap shows them where I am, but it is small and it wouldn't really show the distance too well, plus it doesn't show the exact compartments of the stable either. They definitely saw me through the walls, seeing my movements through the layers of cover, what I need to understand is whether there is a known glitch they're abusing (so it could be something to fear in the next days) or it's something else.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I had engineer and there was nothing. And it was especially odd because as I said, they were following my movements through different layers. The minimap shows them where I am, but it is small and it wouldn't really show the distance too well, plus it doesn't show the exact compartments of the stable either. They definitely saw me through the walls, seeing my movements through the layers of cover, what I need to understand is whether there is a known glitch they're abusing (so it could be something to fear in the next days) or it's something else.

The guy in my video didn't have sensor dart. I put it down the the fact that maybe the tree had not rendered in for him or perhaps he was on x1x and the improved graphics allowed him to see more clearly.

I don't know. But at the time I instantly thought the guy was a hacker.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Blackout is way too addictive.

Had 2 solo wins, a duo and a quad today.

Level 16. Everytime I want to stop I'm like, "but I only need this many merits to reach the next rank. I'm close. Let me play another one." And it went like that for hours, lol.

I need to start using concussion grenades. They've messed me up so many times. Need to return the favor.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
2 quad wins last night and due to stealing a code from someone's monster can I had double xp.
This game is too fun on blackout